Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 11th November 2015, 17:23   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKMahajan View Post
I am not sure - but I remember reading long, long ago in my Maruti Omni E manual that if any bumper guard is mounted - since it fits on the chassis directly, it actually voids the warranty!

My take is simple - whether the above is true or not - the bumper is supposed to fail in an untoward incident and protect you and your car! Why protect it with something strong - which can damage the car and you under the guise of protecting the bumper!
My preworshipped Innova, which I sold recently, to make way for the TUV, was involved in a similar accident. It had a frontal collision with a truck when it was with previous owner, way back in 2010. Since it was fitted with bull bars/ bumper guards (whatever you call it), the impact was taken by the chassis and it was deformed beyond repair. There were other parts damaged as well, totaling to a repair cost of 6.79 lakhs. However no airbags repair work was involved as the airbags didn't deploy in first place.

Quote:
By the way, I am following your comments on many threads. Like the famous quote about 'wise men think alike', I seem to be thinking along similar lines! And we are both in Pune!! I guess we will have to meet up someday....

Girish Mahajan
Good to know that. Sure we can catch up some time. You can send me your contact details in a private message and I will get in touch with you.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 17:42   #212
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Very sorry to know about your past. You made my eyes go moist. I could sense your emotional attachment with your hubby. I think he would be happy to see (from wherever he is) that his passion and legacy is still being continued. Isn't it amazing you went for TUV considering its close resemblance to the Jeep Grand Cherokee, I went for it due to its practicality, ruggedness and SUV underpinnings, some others might have gone for its butch looks, road presence, frugal engine. One car meeting such a vast array of requirements
So very true. If we know exactly what are our requirements, then we go for a car within our budget, which fulfils most of our requirements and then we learn to live with its shortcomings. All the cars mentioned above (Duster, EcoSport and Creta) are seen as competitors to the TUV. However these are more sophisticated and priced considerably higher than the TUV. Moreover these are better suited for nuclear families in urban jungles. Show them the real jungles, rural broken roads or no roads or big Indian families and these cars won't be able to match the TUV.
Don't drive continuously at one rpm range. Also it is not harmful to rev the engine beyond 2K or 3K rpm once in a while.
Wish you and your family too a very happy Diwali
AutoIndian, I truly appreciate your words of comfort and support. It is difficult to express in words how thankful I am.
Apart from it's resemblance to Jeep Grand Cherokee, what enamoured me about TUV is the fact that, how a sub-4 metre compact SUV could offer so much space. Hats off to Mahindra for all their efforts in making this vehicle. As I've mentioned earlier, there are indeed some features I dislike about the tank. But through a lady customer's point of view, the drivability and performance is amazing considering it's segment and the price. No offence to other car manufacturers. But I completely agree with you that the other compact SUVs in the market are highly priced for their real value. TUV300 can really take any bad roads. I can vouch for it. I'll post my further observations very soon. Thanks for your wishes and wish you and your family a happy Diwali too.
Titanium is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 21:04   #213
BHPian

Hi a small querry.
If the the AMT works like an assisted manual. How does one engage a gear, leave it in that gear and turn off the engine (like we do on slopes) Does it work that way?

Also if it does, then before I turn back the engine on, how would I slot Nuetral? or would I require to manually?

Would the programming take care of all this?
Old 11th November 2015, 21:52   #214
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titanium View Post
But it is amazing that I didn't find any difficulty sitting behind the wheels of the tank.
Good to know that. Waiting for your ownership thread and your experience on how you tackled your fear of driving & ended up driving a Tank on Indian roads. Should be a good read for my better half who also fears driving a four wheeler.
Quote:
The driving experience on the highway was beyond what I expected. I am confident that I made the right decision in buying the tank.
Do share more details
Quote:
Apart from it's resemblance to Jeep Grand Cherokee, what enamoured me about TUV is the fact that, how a sub-4 metre compact SUV could offer so much space
That is one of the primary reasons why I decided to book the tank and not TD the new Ertiga.
Quote:
before it becomes too hot
Dont worry, have set the ball in motion. Planning to book mid next week. Family checking for good date etc.
Quote:
I then pulled the window glass a bit down and voila
Second that. Took another test drive today and heard the glass rattle when the windows were up. This only comes up while driving over rough patches or when you rev the engine up to 3.5K RPM. Not sure if other owners facing this issue.

Some additional info for prospective buyers:
1. Insurance quoted by the showroom is always inflated: Was talking to the SA today and asked him why the insurance is 32K for comprehensive when Bajaj offering B2B at 31K. He immediately called him team lead, who did some math and figured that they can offer B2B for 26K @ 95% of ex showroom price from Bajaj, ICICI & New India. The quote I received from Bajaj was for IDV of 9.2L and this was because I was not sure about the ex showroom price then. Always do get multiple quotes and push the dealer as they will match it or better it.

2. Finance options: Again negotiated with the showroom finance person and he is willing to match the rate & funding that I have got from HDFC . This way I do not need to do the running around between bank & dealer. Please do check if interest rate is floating or fixed. All the government banks provide 85-90% funding of On road price(Syndicate Bank even gives 95% as part of their Synd Vahan program) at lucrative interest rates , which is a floating rate. Whereas most private banks provide fixed rate and when pushed, do write off the processing fee as well

3. Extended warranty: Confirmed that this can be availed across M&M service network and not just at dealer service stations. Also confirmed that it can be transferred to subsequent owners if the car is sold. The SA & Lead mentioned that extended warranty does not cover factory fitted electrical systems but the M&M website says otherwise. Can someone confirm what is included?

4. Temp registration charges: Pushed the SA and told him that I will not take delivery of the car without number plate. Waived off. Also different dealers quoting different rates for the same. Do check before you agree to pay

Slightly OT: The thread on buying a new car in India was an eye opener and would recommend everyone to read the thread and spend time on other links in there.
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 21:53   #215
BHPian

Quote:
That is called mile munching. @ 100 kms/day, yours will be the fastest ticking odo on this forum.

Sir, could you please share a picture of the bull guards. I would strongly recommend not to fit front bull guards at least. The front bumper houses the air bag sensors. God forbid if you ever have a frontal impact, the bull bar will take the hit, which will be transferred to the chassis and the chassis will deform, the sensors will remain in tact and so will be the air bags. Obviously the airbags won't deploy when you need them the most. So think again and act wise.

Very sorry to know about your past. You made my eyes go moist. I could sense your emotional attachment with your hubby. I think he would be happy to see (from wherever he is) that his passion and legacy is still being continued. Isn't it amazing you went for TUV considering its close resemblance to the Jeep Grand Cherokee, I went for it due to its practicality, ruggedness and SUV underpinnings, some others might have gone for its butch looks, road presence, frugal engine. One car meeting such a vast array of requirements

That would be an interesting read. Looking forward to hear the story of your transformation.

So very true. If we know exactly what are our requirements, then we go for a car within our budget, which fulfils most of our requirements and then we learn to live with its shortcomings. All the cars mentioned above (Duster, EcoSport and Creta) are seen as competitors to the TUV. However these are more sophisticated and priced considerably higher than the TUV. Moreover these are better suited for nuclear families in urban jungles. Show them the real jungles, rural broken roads or no roads or big Indian families and these cars won't be able to match the TUV.

Don't drive continuously at one rpm range. Also it is not harmful to rev the engine beyond 2K or 3K rpm once in a while.

Wish you and your family too a very happy Diwali
Your Views are partially correct on the bull guard and that is the very reason i had opted for lightest one out there. the front guard is half Rubberised foam and the rest is hollow 0.6mm pipe with chrome plating (weighs around 6-7kgs). The guards is for use in city only.

Last edited by nishant kar : 11th November 2015 at 21:54. Reason: wrong guage of pipe
nishant kar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 22:03   #216

Quote:
Even when we upgrade our cars to a new one, it is really hard to bid good-bye to the existing one.
Spot on Titanium with that comment. Having booked the TUV I had to give up my XYLO, (it was one of the first ones) that I have been driving for the past 5 years. Beautiful vehicle, not a single hiccup - not one - in the over 1 lakh kms done on her. Never been to a garage except for the routine scheduled servicing and only at that time getting any of the minor complaints looked into. Served me well. Have sold it and will hand over the keys on the 20th - that was the condition of the sale. Its going to be a sad day, I guess. Can understand what you are saying, Titanium. Anticipation of the TUV is making up for that feeling.
injun269 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 22:13   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
NICE! If Kwid was supposed to be a second car, what is your first one?
I was Driving Punto until it reached 1,45,346 KMs in 6 years and still very much proud of my car. But had to part away :(. Anyway, I'm happy to have TUV as an replacement though it can never take place of Punto.

BTW, guys...Is anyone thinking of changing speakers?? They are pathetic. Please advice any better component set under budget of 15k.
sandev is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 22:24   #218
BHPian

Quote:
I was at Murudeshwar yesterday. I visit Murudeshwar once in 3 months. It is just 3.5 hours drive from Mangalore. My previous car Chevrolet Beat was my constant companion to commute. But yesterday I drove my new tank to experience the serenity of the place. I will definitely visit your travelogue to read your experience of the long trip.
Thank you, Titanium. I had seen a red TUV parked outside the temple at Murudeshwar on Sunday but I don't think it had your number plate. However, I wasn't sure and so thought I'll confirm. BTW, that is a beautiful picture of the tank with the sunset in the background. Looks good enough to be on M&M's brochure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Dont worry, have set the ball in motion. Planning to book mid next week. Family checking for good date etc.
Nice, procrj! All the best. You'll probably need to wait a bit for the delivery. To be honest, I won't be surprised if you get the SUV only in January. You may need to wait till third week of January to get a 2016 model.

Quote:
Some additional info for prospective buyers:
1. Insurance quoted by the showroom is always inflated: Was talking to the SA today and asked him why the insurance is 32K for comprehensive when Bajaj offering B2B at 31K. He immediately called him team lead, who did some math and figured that they can offer B2B for 26K @ 95% of ex showroom price from Bajaj, ICICI & New India.
I got close to 10K off on my vehicle by negotiating the cost of insurance. I was armed with multiple quotes from outside the dealership.

I found the difference more pronounced for VW cars - as much as 25k!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Your Views are partially correct on the bull guard and that is the very reason i had opted for lightest one out there. the front guard is half Rubberised foam and the rest is hollow 0.6mm pipe with chrome plating (weighs around 6-7kgs). The guards is for use in city only.
Good to read this. I am of the same opinion as AutoIndian and others here but refrained from commenting as it looked like you have already made the purchase and fitted the front bar. Glad to know that you have thought this through. Cheers.

Quote:
My preworshipped Innova, which I sold recently, to make way for the TUV, was involved in a similar accident. It had a frontal collision with a truck when it was with previous owner, way back in 2010. Since it was fitted with bull bars/ bumper guards (whatever you call it), the impact was taken by the chassis and it was deformed beyond repair. There were other parts damaged as well, totaling to a repair cost of 6.79 lakhs. However no airbags repair work was involved as the airbags didn't deploy in first place.
OH MY GOD! AutoIndian, you my friend are a brave soul! Either you had a great mechanic friend with you who was able to assess the vehicle thoroughly before you bought it or you got a REAL good price or BOTH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
I was Driving Punto until it reached 1,45,346 KMs in 6 years and still very much proud of my car. But had to part away :(. Anyway, I'm happy to have TUV as an replacement though it can never take place of Punto.
Ah, the Punto. Love the Italians. Awesome mileage in 6 years of driving! GTO will be proud to read this - I think he is of the same school of thought as you are - keep the car well into six figures on the ODO meter.

Last edited by achyu : 11th November 2015 at 22:25.
achyu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th November 2015, 23:07   #219
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by achyu View Post
You'll probably need to wait a bit for the delivery
The SA mentioned that Red is not an in demand colour and hence I might get faster delivery. If I do get a car in early Dec, I will pick it up.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 00:53   #220
BHPian

Quote:

What did I learn today @ my TUV? #2, 10-Nov-2015:

The AC is a chiller and even on blower speed of "1" there is too much air coming from the vents. Wish they could have provided a "0.5" or even "0.25" speed on the blower. One thing I observed is that even though I did not change the blower speed from the position "1", the fan speed was actually increasing and decreasing on its own. I guess this happens during acceleration and deceleration. I will keep a close watch on this and observe the pattern.
AutoIndian, did you try using the AC in the eco mode? It reduces the cooling considerably, but even in the ECO mode, it does get chilly at times, especially early in the mornings and during the rains.
I, too, am experiencing the blower fluctuation with the throttle. Will check that out on the next visit to the MASS. Otherwise we gotta live with it. At position '1' it is barely detectable and audible, but once the fan speed is increased, it becomes prominent.

Quote:
Guys, really sorry for the delay. Have been really busy with work and then the pre diwali weekend jobs to be done, that i haven't been able to update.

Bought the car on 1st Nov. Had arrived at dealership at 11 AM as discussed with them earlier and to my pleasant surprise the car was ready will all paperwork in order. drove off the dealership at 12 PM (this was really quick to what i had experience multiple times earlier with other brands).

TUV is now my daily drive of 100 kms and is happily munching miles.
Congrats Nishant on the black tank. The second one on TBHP. After mine ofcourse. He he.
With 100 km/day you are going to beat us all to the service station for those scheduled services. My daily runs is about 40 km and I have just covered 1500 km so far.

Quote:
Accessories Added

Front and Rear Bull Guard.
Amplifiers and Subwoofer
Carpet Mats (for Scorpio) as TUV were not yet available.
Was it just an amplifier and suboofer, or did you change the OE speakers too. This upgrade along with the horn is next on my mind, and waiting to get some time off for these. Please do update us with any photos of this if you have any.

Quote:
This is my first post and I really thank the Team-BHP team to accept me as a member.
Congrats and welcome Titanium. Congrats for the TUV/Jeep and welcome to TBHP.
And what better way than to start on TBHP with the first post being that of the new TUV.
What struck me when I saw TITANIUM was, 'what is FORD doing here on the TUV thread. Must be an EcoSport owner'.
TUV in red looks good. Seem that RED is the color preferred by the ladies. My wife, too, insisted on red, but when it comes to matters on automobiles, I get to say the final word - ORANGE or BLACK. And on the remaining matters too, I get to say the final word which normally is - "Okay, I agree. We ll do it that way"

Quote:
Congratulations to all the TUV owners, Captain Rex, AutoIndian, SilverKnight and Nishant kar. You all have made the right choice !!
Thanx Titanium, and I believe you too would not regret your choice. Happy Miles and Motoring. Nice photos with Murudeshwar as the back drop. We go there once in a year and normally stay at the same place RNS Residency, always asking them for a sea facing room. I love that place. But nowadays it is becoming too crowded for comfort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandev View Post
Me and my wife took the TD and were impressed with the drive and ride quality. The drivability is very much different from the Scorpio I drove (Old Model and the only Mahindra vehicle I had driven - Specially the Body Roll). So after a long thought, we booked it on 30 Oct and got delivery of our TUV 3OO on 9th Nov 2016 (Dhanteras Day).
Congrats Sandev, on the Orange TUV. I envy you. Orange was my first choice in color, but could not wait for a month. You got your jeep (I am going to stop using car anymore to describe the TUV) delivered pretty fast for what the showrooms are promising customers.
Wishing you Happy miles and motoring, and many more head turns. That what my daughter checks when we are travelling. (how many people had turned around to check out the TUV)

Quote:
I was Driving Punto until it reached 1,45,346 KMs in 6 years and still very much proud of my car.
BTW, guys...Is anyone thinking of changing speakers?? They are pathetic. Please advice any better component set under budget of 15k.
Punto - one of the cars I liked, but never got to buying it due to the after sales service reputation. One day TATA, the next day FIAT, then the days in between neither TATA nor FIAT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Surprise Surprise ! Its raining like hell in Bangalore and guess what its raining TUVs in Team BHP too. Congrats to all the new owners. We would wait for the ownership reports.
I know its very early to ask but curious to know if anyone has done long highway trips in the vehicle. Please share your experiences.
Happy Diwali & wish you all a very pleasant experience with the Tank.
Happy Diwali Arindam. True, all of a sudden 3 TUVs have appeared in a day. It is not raining, it is pouring.
I had taken the TUV out for a short highway trip, Chennai to Vellore. The TUV handled beautifully. Body roll on the highway curves were not felt. I did not have to slow down for those slight broken patches, the TUV took them all without a whimper. At the back the kids who were sleeping did not feel a thing. I feel that its when you slow down for that rough patches that the TUV rolls like a ship in rough seas. Managed to reach around 130 kmph. Cabin noise was well in control and at that speed the engine noise and the tyre noise was not anything to complain about. The way she accelerated till 100 will keep you happy, after that it takes time, and after 130 it seemed that the TUV had decided that this speed was good enough for me. It seemed that the accelerator pedal was pushing back against my foot. No complains though, as I would not go more that 100 - 120. It is just that at that speed if you have to overtake another car doing slightly lower speed then a problem comes up.
Road presence was great, with even lorries moving to the left to let you pass. Or may be they wanted to see which was this new vehicle ?
Braking was okay. A bit spongy, without much feel, but once you get used to that feeling, you know how much pressure to use. The nose does dive down, you will not feel it when braking, but the moment you release the brake, you can see the bonnet raise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Kwid to Tank, that's quiet an upgrade And its raining TUVs on TBHP. Might be time to bite the bullet and book the tank before prices go up
It is pouring RJ, that why I asked you to get a book, as counting on your fingers now will not be enough. Even using your toes will not help.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 08:41   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post

Happy Diwali Arindam. True, all of a sudden 3 TUVs have appeared in a day. It is not raining, it is pouring.
I had taken the TUV out for a short highway trip, Chennai to Vellore. The TUV handled beautifully.
Thanks for the Update Captain Rex. After posting my query on highways I checked your ownership report and got the updates. It was good to know that your door issue is resolved now.

Do we have any updates on a possibility of 4x4 on the TUV.
Any insider news ?
Old 12th November 2015, 11:32   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arindam_Nayek View Post
Do we have any updates on a possibility of 4x4 on the TUV.
Any insider news ?
Well, the 4x4 will definitely come in at some point, but looking at the scheme of things now, I'm afraid it won't be anytime soon. Technically, I don't think Mahindra have any peoblems, as the TUV shares its platform with the Scorpio, which already has a 4x4 variant. However, as things stand, Mahindra have long waiting periods for the TUV, and are running short of AMT boxes. Introducing another variant with additional hardware would further put strain on the production. The 4x4 hardware also would have to be sourced from outside, most likely Borg Warner, as with their other SUV's.
Also, there is another thing to be considered. Mahindra have another big product coming in, ie the S101. I've come to know from a very reliable source in mainstream media that the S101 is definitely going to be the XUV100, and will be positioned against the B-segment hatchbacks. That being a fresh product, and a volume product for the urban market, Mahindra would like to allocate production space for that car as well.
Hence, right now, any talks about a 4x4 TUV are only of the form that 'Mahindra can add a 4x4 in the future' or that 'The platform supports a 4x4 variant too'.
I guess Mahindra will bring in the 4x4 when the sales of the TUV go down a bit after the initial surge. Only hope that they don't get tempted to loot the customer with that variant, and keep the price gap between the 2WD & 4WD reasonable.
Speaking of that, a question for all my fellow BHPians who have bought the TUV, or are getting one soon; Would you have bought the 4x4 variant if there were one?
Let's look at the response we get from within Team-BHP itself, to get a slight idea of how the 4x4 model would have fared.
Last but not the least, congratulations to AutoIndian, silverknight, Titanium, sandev, Captain Rex, nishant kar, and all others who have got themselves a tank! Enjoy your new ride!

Last edited by mukul32 : 12th November 2015 at 12:02.
mukul32 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 11:59   #223
BHPian

Quote:
AutoIndian, did you try using the AC in the eco mode? It reduces the cooling considerably, but even in the ECO mode, it does get chilly at times, especially early in the mornings and during the rains.
I, too, am experiencing the blower fluctuation with the throttle. Will check that out on the next visit to the MASS. Otherwise we gotta live with it. At position '1' it is barely detectable and audible, but once the fan speed is increased, it becomes prominent.

Congrats Nishant on the black tank. The second one on TBHP. After mine ofcourse. He he.
With 100 km/day you are going to beat us all to the service station for those scheduled services. My daily runs is about 40 km and I have just covered 1500 km so far.

Was it just an amplifier and suboofer, or did you change the OE speakers too. This upgrade along with the horn is next on my mind, and waiting to get some time off for these. Please do update us with any photos of this if you have any.

Congrats and welcome Titanium. Congrats for the TUV/Jeep and welcome to TBHP.
And what better way than to start on TBHP with the first post being that of the new TUV.
What struck me when I saw TITANIUM was, 'what is FORD doing here on the TUV thread. Must be an EcoSport owner'.
TUV in red looks good. Seem that RED is the color preferred by the ladies. My wife, too, insisted on red, but when it comes to matters on automobiles, I get to say the final word - ORANGE or BLACK. And on the remaining matters too, I get to say the final word which normally is - "Okay, I agree. We ll do it that way"

Thanx Titanium, and I believe you too would not regret your choice. Happy Miles and Motoring. Nice photos with Murudeshwar as the back drop. We go there once in a year and normally stay at the same place RNS Residency, always asking them for a sea facing room. I love that place. But nowadays it is becoming too crowded for comfort.

Congrats Sandev, on the Orange TUV. I envy you. Orange was my first choice in color, but could not wait for a month. You got your jeep (I am going to stop using car anymore to describe the TUV) delivered pretty fast for what the showrooms are promising customers.
Wishing you Happy miles and motoring, and many more head turns. That what my daughter checks when we are travelling. (how many people had turned around to check out the TUV)

Punto - one of the cars I liked, but never got to buying it due to the after sales service reputation. One day TATA, the next day FIAT, then the days in between neither TATA nor FIAT.

I had taken the TUV out for a short highway trip, Chennai to Vellore. The TUV handled beautifully. Body roll on the highway curves were not felt. I did not have to slow down for those slight broken patches, the TUV took them all without a whimper. At the back the kids who were sleeping did not feel a thing. I feel that its when you slow down for that rough patches that the TUV rolls like a ship in rough seas. Managed to reach around 130 kmph. Cabin noise was well in control and at that speed the engine noise and the tyre noise was not anything to complain about. The way she accelerated till 100 will keep you happy, after that it takes time, and after 130 it seemed that the TUV had decided that this speed was good enough for me. It seemed that the accelerator pedal was pushing back against my foot. No complains though, as I would not go more that 100 - 120. It is just that at that speed if you have to overtake another car doing slightly lower speed then a problem comes up.
Road presence was great, with even lorries moving to the left to let you pass. Or may be they wanted to see which was this new vehicle ?
Braking was okay. A bit spongy, without much feel, but once you get used to that feeling, you know how much pressure to use. The nose does dive down, you will not feel it when braking, but the moment you release the brake, you can see the bonnet raise.

It is pouring RJ, that why I asked you to get a book, as counting on your fingers now will not be enough. Even using your toes will not help.
Captain Rex .. i have installed only Amplifier and 1300w Subwoofer (from my previous car - Fiat Linea - Sold at 143000 kms after 4yrs). The factory Audio set-up is now pretty good and i feel it doesn't require speaker upgrade.
Must add though that Fiat Linea served us well without any major hiccup. The car was still going strong without any rattles.
Here are a couple of pics for the guards.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20151112102359.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20151112102419.jpg  

nishant kar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 12:36   #224
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It is pouring RJ
19th Nov is the day I book Captain. Apparently that is when the stars mars and everything else is where is should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mukul32 View Post
S101 is definitely going to be the XUV100, and will be positioned against the B-segment hatchbacks.
Logically this makes sense and I am inclined to agree with the point made. As Mahindra, I would not introduce the 4x4 variant till the interest in the car declines.
Quote:
Would you have bought the 4x4 variant if there were one?
No.I dont plan to drive in terrain where there is a need for a 4x4.
Quote:
Will this impact insurance as well? Asking this because Autoindian had mentioned that bull bars transfer load directly to the chassis and cause damage. In that case, will insurance cover the cost of damage? And if they dont, then irrespective of how light the bull bar, you are giving insurers a loop hole by installing the same.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2015, 12:57   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Captain Rex .. i have installed only Amplifier and 1300w Subwoofer (from my previous car - Fiat Linea - Sold at 143000 kms after 4yrs). The factory Audio set-up is now pretty good and i feel it doesn't require speaker upgrade.
Must add though that Fiat Linea served us well without any major hiccup. The car was still going strong without any rattles.
i saw your car on my way to work today and remember thinking that TUV looks good in black! (i work in one of the buildings to your left in the second pic :P)

congrats on a great buy

Most Viewed