Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2016, 13:54   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ntomer View Post
Yesterday I was driving from Udaipur to Delhi. Before Bhim, the road narrows down to 2-lanes but is excellent and not much traffic. I was doing a comfortable 100 when suddenly a dog who was on the shoulder of road, facing away from road turned and made a dash. I immediately braked (after checking that there was no one behind) and speed came down to 70 before I hit it, with a loud thud.

The first thought was whether the air-bags would inflate. They didn't. Surprisingly even dog seemed alright, I saw it getting on it's feet and crossing the road to the other ride in RVM. I stopped the car and checked it's front, no damage.

Left me perplexed...
I was exactly in a similar situation like you in my Indica while driving on a highway couple of years ago. I was doing 80-90 kmph and suddenly a dog from nowhere jumped from the divider in front of my car. I tried to brake (not very hard) to minimize the impact to the dog, but didn't move the steering even an inch. If steered on the right hand side, I would have hit the divider and on the left if there was a fast moving car, it would have been again a big risk. Fortunately the dog ducked a bit and passed through between the two wheels. When I saw in my rear view mirror, I could see the dog yelling, but got up and moved away. So it was saved, probably some injury to its legs, but it got a second life. Most importantly there was neither any damage to the car not its occupants (touchwood)
Old 5th January 2016, 09:56   #512

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Hello Rohit, seems your first post on TBHP, so first of all let me welcome you to the forum.
Thanks AutoIndian for the welcome. I will share some pics of the TUV soon.

I got a call from the workshop yesterday and the person told me that there is a recall and 2 parts need to be replaced. One is the vacuum modulator and there is another part related to the modulator. I have booked an appointment for Sunday to get these things replaced. Will update on Sunday what exactly is being replaced.

Has anyone else also received a similar communication?

One more doubt, I read in some reviews that the Voice Messaging System greets you as soon as you turn on the ignition. Mine does not though I do get voice messages for wearing a seat belt as soon as the car gets into motion. Not that I want it to greet everytime (it will sure become irritating very soon) but just checking whether its normal behavior or something is wrong with the software of my TUV.
rohit_11 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 10:31   #513
BHPian

Rohit_11, welcome to TBHP and to the TUV family.

True the voice welcome message does not greet me as well. I think one must enable it to be able to hear it. Only the seat belt voice command is heard.

Will check with my service center if there is a recall scheduled. Will keep you posted.
BattleTank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 11:17   #514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohit_11 View Post
Thanks AutoIndian for the welcome. I will share some pics of the TUV soon.
Great , looking forward to the pictures

Quote:
I got a call from the workshop yesterday and the person told me that there is a recall and 2 parts need to be replaced. One is the vacuum modulator and there is another part related to the modulator. I have booked an appointment for Sunday to get these things replaced. Will update on Sunday what exactly is being replaced.

Has anyone else also received a similar communication?
Is this recall limited to any particular batch of TUV? I haven't received any such call till date (mine is Oct'15 end manufactured car). However if time permits I will try to call my service centre and inquire with the Service Head over there. Request you to get the details of the other part and update here (with pictures) post your work on Sunday.

Quote:
One more doubt, I read in some reviews that the Voice Messaging System greets you as soon as you turn on the ignition. Mine does not though I do get voice messages for wearing a seat belt as soon as the car gets into motion. Not that I want it to greet everytime (it will sure become irritating very soon) but just checking whether its normal behavior or something is wrong with the software of my TUV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
True the voice welcome message does not greet me as well. I think one must enable it to be able to hear it. Only the seat belt voice command is heard.

Will check with my service center if there is a recall scheduled. Will keep you posted.
Same is the case with my TUV. No welcome/ greeting message. However when the car is moving and if I remove the seat belt, a very stern voice warns me about the seat belft removal, which I appreciate and prefer over the greeting message. I have also heard the "You are running on low fuel" message once when I was running on reserve. I know many XUV owners got pissed off with the welcome/ greeting message as soon as they used to start their XUV. May be lesson learned from XUV and applied in TUV to do away with the welcome message
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 11:33   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Yesterday I was driving from Udaipur to Delhi. Before Bhim, the road narrows down to 2-lanes but is excellent and not much traffic. I was doing a comfortable 100 when suddenly a dog who was on the shoulder of road, facing away from road turned and made a dash. I immediately braked (after checking that there was no one behind) and speed came down to 70 before I hit it, with a loud thud.

The first thought was whether the air-bags would inflate. They didn't. Surprisingly even dog seemed alright, I saw it getting on it's feet and crossing the road to the other ride in RVM. I stopped the car and checked it's front, no damage.

Left me perplexed...
This is due the new Pedestrian safety norm compliance. To be compulsory in India after 2017
Old 5th January 2016, 11:43   #516
BHPian

There must be a way to find out if your vehicle needs the part replacement. Normally the manufacturers give the series of chassis / engine numbers or manufacturing dates. If anyone finds this out, please share it.
Old 5th January 2016, 23:55   #517
BHPian

Hi,

The speakers/doors rattle badly when I crank up the volume more than half. Looks like I will have to get dampening treatment done on the doors. Anybody had got it done yet?
Old 6th January 2016, 11:14   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

The speakers/doors rattle badly when I crank up the volume more than half. Looks like I will have to get dampening treatment done on the doors. Anybody had got it done yet?
If the speakers are not of good quality, it will not solve the problem by dampening. I am taking the delivery today. Will open the speakers and check what make they are. That's the first task on my list. I just cannot live with bad sounding music and I have no hopes from the existing setup.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2016, 22:59   #519
BHPian

Any update on price increase guys?
Old 7th January 2016, 02:20   #520
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
If the speakers are not of good quality, it will not solve the problem by dampening. I am taking the delivery today. Will open the speakers and check what make they are. That's the first task on my list. I just cannot live with bad sounding music and I have no hopes from the existing setup.
I agree the quality of audio isn't half as good as my old figo's music system sounded. Planning to change the speakers. do let me know if there are any good recommendations.

Some updates on what my Tank has to up-to in the last 24 hours:
Took the one week old boy on a long drive from Whitefield to BIAL via Hoskote at around mid-night. Wanted some “me” time with the tank. The drive helped me understand the tank better and may be vice versa.

For those who have driven from Whitefield to BIAL via Hoskote and Devanahalli on SH104, would know that this route does have its fair share of potholes, narrow stretches, unscientifically constructed speed bumps at every nook and corner and some manageable twists and turns. So it was a nice 100 kilometer round trip for the big boy. This stretch also has a decent density of heavy trucks plying mostly from the CONCOR warehouse at ITPL road towards Hyderabad and beyond. And also lots of taxis ferrying passengers to and from the airport.

For starters the tank managed the pot holes and ditches elegantly at high speeds. At low speeds the body roll was felt – but then am driving an SUV with the heart of a car and soul of a jeep. Had to slow the tank down at tight corners – which I would easily negotiate on my Figo – knowing that the tank is a tall boy.

The steering wheel is good and did respond well to some swift maneuvering while avoiding potholes that came out of the blue at high speeds. Also the wheel returns to its default position after a U turn – I read couple of owners complaint of having to put in some effort to do so.

On my Figo I would easily get intimidated even by all and sundry, but not this tank – as expressed by numerous owners proudly, I too can say the tank commands a lot of respect on the road and that gives one a lot of assurance!!

Loved the static turning lamps that illuminate the dark corners as you turn and it’s a fantastic feature to sport, especially if one is going to drive into semi-urban or rural roads.

While I would have loved to take some snaps of my first long drive with the tank, but did not take any for multiple reasons, primarily because I was all by myself and did not want to stop at lonely stretches on a dark cold night.

Planning to drive down to Mysore one of these days with the idea of having breakfast at Kamath Upahar and lunch at Poojari Fish land. Will try and share some snaps of that trip, until then drive safe and have fun.
BattleTank is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 10:57   #521
BHPian

Took the delivery finally. The delivery process was as expected. Awaiting the registration number. Till then the tank is resting in my parking.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160106205601.jpg
TaurusAl is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 16:31   #522
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
While I would have loved to take some snaps of my first long drive with the tank, but did not take any for multiple reasons, primarily because I was all by myself and did not want to stop at lonely stretches on a dark cold night.

Planning to drive down to Mysore one of these days with the idea of having breakfast at Kamath Upahar and lunch at Poojari Fish land. Will try and share some snaps of that trip, until then drive safe and have fun.
Good summary of your first long drive in your tank. Hope you can take the Mysore trip at the earliest, click a lot of pictures and share them over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Took the delivery finally. The delivery process was as expected. Awaiting the registration number. Till then the tank is resting in my parking.
Many congratulations TaurusAl on getting your tank. As suggested to you earlier, keep the RTO tax receipt handy with you and you can drive your tank even with TC registration.
Old 7th January 2016, 16:34   #523
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Many congratulations TaurusAl on getting your tank. As suggested to you earlier, keep the RTO tax receipt handy with you and you can drive your tank even with TC registration.
Thanks Autoindian. However the dealer has only handed over Insurance copy and some form on which it is stated I am testing the vehicle and the time validity was only for 2 hours. According to him I will be getting the RTO tax receipt along with the registration number.
Old 7th January 2016, 16:42   #524
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Any update on price increase guys?
Updated list on the TUV300 website. 13K increase in ex showroom price in Bangalore. Which means the On road for the T8 manual will be 10.40 Lakhs assuming that the insurance will be ~22K

Last edited by procrj : 7th January 2016 at 16:47.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 17:00   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Updated list on the TUV300 website. 13K increase in ex showroom price in Bangalore. Which means the On road for the T8 manual will be 10.40 Lakhs assuming that the insurance will be ~22K
Thanks for info. I would say its a marginal increase but my dealer has quoted around 37000 for Insurance. How can I save... Can i opt for external insurance?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks