Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2016, 20:19   #706
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
Some pics of my car and the roof decal
Looks gorgeous. I am all out of vitamin M else would have got this done. Need to wait for a while now before I splurge on the dwarf
Quote:
Can you please let me know if the black small round unit is actually the vacuum resonator in my car?
Yes, the small black unit is the resonator & the metal unit its connected to using the hose is a vacuum actuator of some sort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
The service centre is buzzing with activity.The existing staff just about takes care of Scorpio/XUV/TUV,
Interesting point. Will be testing times for the service folks and I hope they have a plan in place to deal with the increased volumes. KUVs also will test them as some of these will be petrol engines, which the service personal will not be used to and will have to learn quickly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
So finally I had a chance to have first look of my Orange Tank (T8 AMT)
Congrats. Hope you have a hassle free delivery experience
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2016, 22:46   #707
BHPian

AMT users - have you observed any click sound or slight pulses on the A-Pedal randomly during low speeds? It doesn't happen always, sometimes. It's not a strong vibration, feels more like an electric pulse or click sound.
Old 8th February 2016, 09:50   #708
BHPian

Quote:

Looking forward for a smooth delivery on 16th Feb (I have delayed due to some reason).
Congrats!

when had you done the booking?
Old 8th February 2016, 10:02   #709
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
Congrats!

when had you done the booking?
Nov 2015. But I purposely requested for 2016 Manufactured model, so getting delayed delivery.
Old 8th February 2016, 10:06   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Nov 2015. But I purposely requested for 2016 Manufactured model, so getting delayed delivery.
Mine was done in jan through company lease programme. but yet to get any dates. This waiting time is frustrating
Old 9th February 2016, 10:38   #711
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I believe, I heard her right (caller was a lady), in fact confirmed couple of times by repeating what she said and while on the phone I typed it in my computer to do a Google search

Anyway, tomorrow I will visit Sireesh Auto Service and further enquire about this.
Last Saturday, I took my car to Sireesh Auto service centre near Silk Board junction. You are right procrj, the part replaced was actually the Vacuum Resonator. Also got the car washed and they did some greasing. Now the tank ride is very smooth with no audible noise during driving.
airbus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 15:07   #712
BHPian

Hello Folks,
I'm writing as many of you have recently acquired a TUV 300 AMT & since I'm toying with the idea of getting myself a TUV 300 AMT - thought maybe you could provide some information. At this point, what i'm not sure about is will it serve my purpose. And that is where I'm looking for help from folks who have bought themselves a AMT.
I currently own a 2008 Swift Diesel that has done 1.45 L Km of which, if I calculate correctly I ran it about 65K to & from work - 40 km everyday. Rest of it all was outings & weekend drives into town for chores & stuff like that! Now, I'm not looking for an SUV that can off road but surely should be able to drive around on what we call kaccha rasta & inclines at a reasonable speed. I have done Pune-Coorg, Pune-Ooty, Pune-Hyd, Pune North Kerela-Bnglr, Pune- Nagpur...etc, and a lot many times Pune-Kokan-Solapur-Kolhapur routes in my swift. I'm also 6ft tall so I now need something that allows me good seating position - swift is real bad!

In your opinion, do you think this workhorse is strong enough to do this kind of running around?

And yes, I have tried the MT - it's good, but driving 40km a day - I just don't want to drive around "clutching" all day if the option of AMT exists.

Also does anyone know, why in the world did M&M not give the kind of bhp that a Quanto has with the same engine!

Thanks & Regards
Kartik Oak
Old 10th February 2016, 18:41   #713
BHPian

was supposed to get the tank (via company lease) on 15th feb but looks like its going to be delayed again.
Apparently the tax invoice that was given to me on 4th feb still carries the old price of tank prior to the price increase.
I had asked the Sales guy so many times for price increase but he confidently informed that there is no price increase!
Today i got a call from the same sales guy about the difference - around 14k(13k + taxes).
Had a word with Manager (thanks to autoindian for contacts) who was in a fix seeing the invoice.
Now that sales guys lame excuse was that the price was not updated in his inbox.

The whole experience has been frustrating to say the least.
Will decide tomorrow whether to continue with this or contact another dealer from mumbai or go through the automatics under 10L thread again.

(mods: i did post this in autoindians ownership thread. please delete that post if needed)
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 18:49   #714
BHPian

First issue reported on my TUV

All this while before the first free service the ESS(Start & Stop) was working fine. Though i didn't check the ESS after the service and last Saturday due to heavy traffic i used it and to my surprise the ESS is not working.

Called the service adviser and informed him took the tank to service station yesterday and they diagnosed with the following error and said it was not working because of the mentioned error which is attached(first error).

But fixing the mentioned issue didn't solve the problem and the same is been informed to Mahindra & Mahindra Technician and he is visiting tomorrow to see whats the issue(possible failure) of a sensor.

The other two were warnings, where my vehicle was stopped once it was running due to bumper to bumper traffic & other was software error which was corrected.

So these would be the request to all tank owners to try out ESS quite regular.

Will keep posted on the update once the Mahindra technician visits and checks the vehicle.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160209_161732.jpg  

SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th February 2016, 21:06   #715
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: First issue reported on my TUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
In your opinion, do you think this workhorse is strong enough to do this kind of running around?
40 km a day should not be a problem for the tank. Given your requirements, I think the tank will be a good fit as long as you are comfortable with the AMT not having hill hold and the slight lag for the creep function to kick in. Will let the other AMT owners chime in on the ease of use.

Quote:
Sad to hear this chetans. I understand that delay can be frustrating but do think about the pros & cons before you start hunting for other automatics

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
But fixing the mentioned issue didn't solve the problem and the same is been informed to Mahindra & Mahindra Technician and he is visiting tomorrow to see whats the issue(possible failure) of a sensor
From the error, it looks like the sensor that detects clutch depress might have failed. Could this be connected to the flywheel resonance warning? Asking this because the clutch and the dual mass flywheel are typically a single unit & hence a problem with one could directly impact the other. Do update here after the technicians visit.

Do you drive a MT? What is your daily ride and typically what kind of speeds do you maintain? Also do let us know the Odo reading. Asking this as there are owners here with different odo readings and no one has reported this problem.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 11:45   #716
BHPian

Quote:
was supposed to get the tank (via company lease) on 15th feb but looks like its going to be delayed again.
Quote:
Now that sales guys lame excuse was that the price was not updated in his inbox.

The wait is very frustrating, chetans and M&M really needs to work a little more with its dealers to improve the buying experience. I had a real bad experience. The other problem is that their dealer base is really limited. In a city like Mumbai, they have 3 dealers and 1 in Thane which creates a kind of cartel or monopoly.

Suggest you write to jakkan.prabhakar@mahindra.com, the M&M ASM for Mumbai and jagdish.shrijith@mahindra.com, DGM - Sales for M&M and you'll surely get some help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kartikoak View Post
Hello Folks,
I currently own a 2008 Swift Diesel that has done 1.45 L Km of which, if I calculate correctly I ran it about 65K to & from work - 40 km everyday. Rest of it all was outings & weekend drives into town for chores & stuff like that! Now, I'm not looking for an SUV that can off road but surely should be able to drive around on what we call kaccha rasta & inclines at a reasonable speed.
Hi Kartik, TUV will not disappoint you. The tyres and build are really good and I am sure it will do good on 'kaccha rastas' and ghats. While on paper the power may seem less I really don't find any issues. I have moved from petrol SX4 (mean machine that brought 'men back') to TUV 3OO and I don't see a major difference for my driving style at least.

Quote:
I'm also 6ft tall so I now need something that allows me good seating position - swift is real bad!
I drive 60-70 Km in city everyday and its quite comfortable. The seating is high and it gives you a good straight position to drive. However, you'll not get the same comfort or 'coziness' that a C Segment sedan will give you. I don't think Jeeps/SUVs are meant to provide that anyway.

The AMT is very comfortable and helps a lot in city traffic. But please don't compare it with an AT. This one is slightly jerky, you'll feel the gear shifts and you'll not be the first one to zoom off after the signal turns green. The creep function in my TUV works really well and is instantaneous.

Do take extensive test drives and decide.
rajpvrm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:07   #717
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
From the error, it looks like the sensor that detects clutch depress might have failed. Could this be connected to the flywheel resonance warning? Asking this because the clutch and the dual mass flywheel are typically a single unit & hence a problem with one could directly impact the other. Do update here after the technicians visit.

Do you drive a MT? What is your daily ride and typically what kind of speeds do you maintain? Also do let us know the Odo reading. Asking this as there are owners here with different odo readings and no one has reported this problem.

visited the Service center when technicians arrived and they started working on my Tank from morning.

The update is that there is small switch/Sensor Connection which is connected to the Auto Start & Stop function and clutch pedal which was failed. Hence the Auto Start & Stop was not detecting that the clutch was released or not, hence it was not working.

The Technicians from Mahindra have changed switch/Sensor and voila it started working experience matters. As the Service centre guys where clueless as to why it was not working for the complete full day.

But to do this they had to drain the complete clutch fluids, remove the clutch pedals and then fix the switch/Sensor. They again topped with the clutch Fluid and bleeded the clutch. They don't have the answer as to why it stopped failing.

Yes i do drive an MT i usually don't drive Tank to office due to traffic issues i use my two wheeler. the current ODO reading is 3500 kms. I usually maintain around 80 in city(i drive on ECO Mode), and an average of 100 on highway.

Last edited by SPEEDY_RACER : 11th February 2016 at 12:09.
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2016, 12:24   #718
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEEDY_RACER View Post
The Technicians from Mahindra have changed switch/Sensor and voila it started working
Good to know that they have fixed the problem. Now will need to see yours is a one off case or if this starts cropping up for other owners as well.

Quote:
Yes i do drive an MT i usually don't drive Tank to office due to traffic issues i use my two wheeler. the current ODO reading is 3500 kms. I usually maintain around 80 in city(i drive on ECO Mode), and an average of 100 on highway.
My odo is at 2900 and I haven't faced this issue yet. 1st service planned on Saturday - will talk to service folks and check if this issue with the ESS sensor has cropped up for other owners. Can you share your FE? I haven't used the engine eco mode till date and my FE is slowly climbing towards the 15 kmpl mark.

Today morning during my drive to office, I thought the diesel clatter of my tank had increased significantly. The tank was sounding like a tempo traveler when accelerating from idle to 1.5K RPM. Need to check if this continues to happen and get this addressed during the 1st service.

Last edited by procrj : 11th February 2016 at 12:25.
Old 11th February 2016, 13:00   #719
BANNED

Quote:
So finally I had a chance to have first look of my Orange Tank (T8 AMT) as SA informed me about arrival of my TUV at showroom. I rushed and had a look with a quick PDI. Found everything fine but did not get a chance to drive.
Congratulations ezee for the tank, which dealer you are buying from ?
Old 11th February 2016, 21:42   #720
BHPian

Using your mobile for voice guided GPS Navigation in TUV300

1. The TUV can sync with your mobile phone via BlueTooth. This procedure has to be done once for each device, and the phone remains in the vehicle memory.
BlueTooth syncing
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-gps-navi-01.jpg

2. Whenever you enter the vehicle, the phone automatically syncs and you can see the Battery charge and GSM Signal on the Display.
GSM Signal.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-gps-navi-02.jpeg

3. In this situation, you can switch Source to RADIO/USB and enjoy the music.
Source RADIO/USB/BT (Bluetooth)
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-gps-navi-03.jpg

4. If there is an incoming call, the music stops and the Call is live on the car Speakers/Mic if you decide to take it.
Incoming Call.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-gps-navi-04.jpg

All this is fine, but when I was on my Mum/Goa drive, I decided to check out the GPS with turn-by-turn navigation on my phone with verbal directions.The GPS verbal prompts are inactive if you have selected the Radio or USB as source. You need to select BT (Bluetooth) as source for the verbal prompts, hence you cannot listen to the Radio or the USB (Only option is to listen to the music on you phone)

I am intrigued, if the incoming calls can work without choosing Bluetooth as source, why not the verbal GPS turn-by-turn instructions.Can any of the TUV owners try this out and throw some light on the subject.

Last edited by Sirvoicar : 11th February 2016 at 21:45.
Sirvoicar is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed