Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2016, 10:03   #721
BHPian

Re: First issue reported on my TUV

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Good to know that they have fixed the problem. Now will need to see yours is a one off case or if this starts cropping up for other owners as well.

My odo is at 2900 and I haven't faced this issue yet. 1st service planned on Saturday - will talk to service folks and check if this issue with the ESS sensor has cropped up for other owners. Can you share your FE? I haven't used the engine eco mode till date and my FE is slowly climbing towards the 15 kmpl mark.

Today morning during my drive to office, I thought the diesel clatter of my tank had increased significantly. The tank was sounding like a tempo traveler when accelerating from idle to 1.5K RPM. Need to check if this continues to happen and get this addressed during the 1st service.
As i said i dont drive quite regular in the ESS, i use only when there is bumper to bumper traffic, but when i am in ECO mode i have got 14-15 but when i am on highway i got constant of 15.

When it comes to the engine noise i too faced the same when ODO crossed 2k kms but after the first service its been subsided and now its normal
SPEEDY_RACER is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th February 2016, 16:48   #722
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksons View Post
Congratulations ezee for the tank, which dealer you are buying from ?
Im buying from GSP Sohna Road
Old 13th February 2016, 20:55   #723
Distinguished - BHPian

Had taken the dwarf to MASS for 1st service and saw this TUV there. Apparently this tank was rear ended at low speed (SA guessed that it was around 40-50 kmph but wasn't sure) by a low GC car and the differential was completely damaged and needs to be replaced. The side was damaged after the differential went kaput and the car grazed into a sidewall or pillar - SA was not very clear on what caused the damage on the side.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-1img_20160213_102813.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-2img_20160213_102859.jpg

This is a big risk and could happen even in city driving conditions. I took a look at the under body and the bumper when my tank was lifted and there is nothing there to protect the differential. Even the bumper is very minimal and will not offer a lot of protection in case of medium to high speed rear ending. Will have to be very careful about tails on the highway.

Last edited by procrj : 13th February 2016 at 21:02.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2016, 21:01   #724
Senior - BHPian

^^^
Where is the fuel tank located?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 13th February 2016, 21:09   #725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
Where is the fuel tank located?
Right in front of the differential & in line with the left side running board - its mounted longitudinally.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-1img_20160213_102820.jpg
Apologies for the bad quality - was taken with my mobile. This is the pic of under body of the rear ended TUV.

No danger of the fuel tank getting damaged due to rear ending unless you are rear ended while going down an incline and the other car manages to completely slide under.

Last edited by procrj : 13th February 2016 at 21:16.
Old 13th February 2016, 22:51   #726
BHPian

Quote:
This is a big risk and could happen even in city driving conditions. I took a look at the under body and the bumper when my tank was lifted and there is nothing there to protect the differential. Even the bumper is very minimal and will not offer a lot of protection in case of medium to high speed rear ending. Will have to be very careful about tails on the highway.
The height advantage of the TUV for the driver is a disadvantage to the traffic behind you, They cannot see anything beyond your rear. I have had an impatient 2 wheeler touching my bumper in very dense city start/stop traffic.

I suppose the TUV uses a shortened Scorpio chassis, hence the position of the differential is right at the end.The front and rear plastic bumpers are the weakest parts of the "Tank", should there be any slow to medium speed rear ending. What is the cost of replacing a differential? such replacements are unheard of for minor accidents.It will also disable the TUV on the spot, requiring towing as if it was involved in a major accident.

However, the condition of the bumper and rear foot step suggests as if the car was reversed into a Fire Hydrant/solid short pillar. In your other picture showing the fuel tank a horizontal bar is seen behind the differential, this must be for protection. There is more to the nature of accident this TUV was involved in.

Last edited by Sirvoicar : 13th February 2016 at 23:12.
Old 13th February 2016, 23:56   #727
BHPian

Horizontal bar behind the differential - 01
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-differential-bar.jpg
Horizontal bar behind the differential - 02
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-differential-bar01.jpg
Sirvoicar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 09:40   #728
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirvoicar View Post
However, the condition of the bumper and rear foot step suggests as if the car was reversed into a Fire Hydrant/solid short pillar.
A fire hydrant or a short pillar would have made a vertical dent and the bumper would have folded in vertically where as in the above picture, the dent below the foot rest is horizontal and point of impact seems to be just above the foot rest on the right. Will also be interesting to know about the damage to the chasis as the foot rest is bolted onto the chasis.
Quote:
Horizontal bar behind the differential - 01
Not sure if this is protection for the differential or if its a anti roll/sway bar.

Either ways, the differential is not safe from rear endings and this is something that will always be at the back of my head when driving the tank.
Old 14th February 2016, 10:07   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The height advantage of the TUV for the driver is a disadvantage to the traffic behind you, They cannot see anything beyond your rear. I have had an impatient 2 wheeler touching my bumper in very dense city start/stop traffic.
I agree with you. The TUV is a huge box and will create huge blind spots for traffic behind you especially for 2 wheelers and small cars. Since the day I started driving 18 years back in city driving, the moment I lift the foot off the "A" pedal I tap the brake pedal lightly to make my intentions of decelerating or stopping very clearly to all tailgater's. So in these 18 years there were only 2 instances when someone rear ended me. Obviously in both the cases they were bikers trying to over speed while I was stopping at red light.

Quote:
I suppose the TUV uses a shortened Scorpio chassis, hence the position of the differential is right at the end.
Minor correction here. The TUV uses exactly the same chassis that of the new generation Scorpio, with a wheelbase of 2680mm. Since the bumper to bumper length of the TUV had to be fitted within the 4 meter length restriction, it has the shortest overhangs amongst all UVs. Due to this the differential appears very close to the rear bumper. However the rear footstep and the protective rod that you have highlighted in the picture above should take care of the differential. The TUV shared above seem to have encountered a weird accident to cause that kind of damage to the differential.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 19:24   #730
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In your other picture showing the fuel tank a horizontal bar is seen behind the differential, this must be for protection.
Quote:
Not sure if this is protection for the differential or if its a anti roll/sway bar.
It's a Panhard Rod, meant for axle location.

Regards
Sutripta
Sutripta is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th February 2016, 21:26   #731
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutripta View Post
It's a Panhard Rod, meant for axle location.

Regards
Sutripta
Could you please explain more?

What does the panhard rod do and didn't get the axle location part.

I don't want to Google
Old 15th February 2016, 08:59   #732
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheel View Post
What does the panhard rod do and didn't get the axle location part.
Simply put it is used to ensure lateral alignment in a axle making the tyres move only up and down and not sideways.
rajess_in is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 13:15   #733
BHPian

Paid my first visit to MASS on Saturday.

The vibrations in my A-Pedal (that I mentioned in an earlier post) were more evident last Friday and I felt it was increasing. Reached MASS in Thane on Saturday afternoon and a SA was identified to attend to me. We went for a longish test drive, and the symptoms disappeared after meeting the doctor.

The SA told me that they have not heard of any complaints so far on A-pedal and I should drive worry-free. Unfortunately, I felt the vibrations again this morning while driving to office; will observe for a week and revisit MASS if required.

My experience at MASS was relatively good. I asked the SA to check if the system showed any recall for my car and he showed no reluctance. He asked a lady in the service area to check in the system. She created a customer profile as I was a first timer at the service center and then checked the DMS. There was no recall listed. She then asked another colleague to check in the 'portal'. The guy struggled for sometime with the slow PC and network but then found software flashing listed as 'to be done' against my chassis number.

Apparently, they are not supposed to attend to recalls till it reflects in the DMS. But they discussed among themselves and decided to create a manual job card and update in system once it reflects in DMS. Appreciated them for going an extra mile instead of asking me to come back later.

The car was taken inside and a PC was connected to update the software. The engineer scanned the logs using the Mahindra iSMART application and checked for current version numbers and other details. He then updated the immobilizer software with a new patch using the Mahindra iFlash v1.5 software and restarted the car. Next, updated the AMT software with new data set U301 AMTCU 18.3.5 (previous version in my car was 18.3.3).

Post update, the gear transmission feels much smoother and some gear shifts almost unnoticeable. The creep in my tank was instantaneous even earlier and it remains same. TBHP users had reported that the creep was delayed by almost 10 seconds prior to the SW update. Since the creep in my car was always good, I believed I was running with the latest SW. Though, I am not sure if this is a second update in the last few weeks. Other AMT users may want to get their version checked.

Not sure if its psychological, but I feel the pick up has also improved.

Pic of the engineer updating the SW; sorry for the poor quality.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160213_173009_resized_2.jpg

Overall the staff was courteous and accommodated me well on a busy Saturday afternoon without any appointment.

----

Did a courtesy check of all basics under the hood on Sunday. All fluids and engine oil were in proper limits. However, when I did the dip stick check for the engine oil, observed significant amount of metal like particles on the dip stick. I have heard that in new cars some metal particles do enter the engine oil but the amount that I could scrape on the dip stick is slightly worrying. Also, there were lot of fine scratches on the dip stick.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160214_115318_resized_2.jpg

Users - please let me know your thoughts? My odo is currently around 950 and I am contemplating if I should spend extra and change the engine oil at 1000 Km. Could this also be the reason for occasional vibrations on my A-pedal?

----

By the way, I guess its impossible to do a dip stick check without sacrificing a drop of blood. I had read AutoIndian's post regarding this and was extra careful, but still a got small cut!

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160214_115406_resized_2.jpg
rajpvrm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2016, 14:39   #734
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, I saw a black TUV300 die right in front of me. a lady and gent got out of it and had to push it to the roadside with the blinkers on. Wonder what happened.
Old 15th February 2016, 15:22   #735
BHPian

I tried pairing my phone with the TUV 300. It went well. I got a prompt which said, downloading phone book. After download is complete, I can see contacts only from SIM, not the complete phonebook. I checked my phone settings, it is set to show both Sim and Phone contact. Did anybody face the same issue? Is there any work around or am I missing something?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks