Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2016, 14:28   #781
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
About get delivery of T8 AMT in couple of weeks.

I need information on basic accessories:

1. Floor mats.

2. Somehow feeling that Rear camera is must. wifey will be driving to office in tank on weekdays. so concerned

3. is Underchasis Coating required? how much does it cost?
My wagonr in 2007 had this done at dealer. not sure about current trend

4. Door and bumper protectors

6. Any other suggestions
Congrats and welcome to TUV300 family.

I have only bought floor mats, seat covers and mud flaps (complementary). Bull guards i hate so didn't go for.

You may go for rear camera its very helpful, as TUV has limited rear view. One comes with extra screen that includes GPS nav (12000) and other simple one (7000).

Also if you really want to go for coating etc then its better to goto professionals like 3M etc.

Make sure you have the latest AMT ECU software 18.3.5 or latest and throughly check everything is working as i had to waste couple of days due to some faults.
ezee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th February 2016, 14:54   #782
BHPian

TUV 300 Niggles and Possible Solutions

Dear BHPians,

Since TUV is a new launch from Mahindra, so there might be some niggles as well. I am starting this thread to discuss niggles one may have faced with their TUVs with their possible solutions. Please be sincere in reporting and discussing niggles or unique findings.

To start with, I would like to share my problems, faced with in few days after buying my TUV 300 T8 AMT.
  • Jerky feeling while using creep after running for around 10 KMs
  • Unable to enable unmute feature using RKE
  • Louder engine noise when starting first time

I hope Mahindra would also keep a watch on this thread to come up with official solutions.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 14:56   #783
Senior - BHPian

Re: TUV 300 Niggles and Possible Solutions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Dear BHPians,

Since TUV is a new launch from Mahindra, so there might be some niggles as well. I am starting this thread to discuss niggles one may have faced with their TUVs with their possible solutions. Please be sincere in reporting and discussing niggles or unique findings..
Seems the thread that you created is not live yet. Did you get any note from the moderators?
Old 27th February 2016, 14:59   #784
BHPian

Yes they have deleted the thread, saying separate thread is not required.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 17:35   #785
BHPian

I never liked the seat covers that M&M dealer gave me with the car. They were uncomfortable, flabby and looked cheap. I had spent 7.5K on them but there was no point having them. Note the loose fittings on the seat base and arm rests in the pic.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160207_135850.jpg

Decided to get my seats changed and spoke to Mr. Anil at the famous Orchis seats in Vikhroli (W), Mumbai. He was very courteous on the phone and asked me to come and see their range. Went over on 22nd Feb and he showed me 2 types of Art Leathers - Lily and Marigold. Apart from this they have leather which is obviously expensive - around 65K for TUV. Decided to go for Marigold, which is thicker than Lily.

Orchis is open from 10 AM to 8 PM and has around 15-20 workers, including tailors who stitch the covers to exact size. They remove the seats, take the measurements and based on the chosen pattern (from 100s of options) stitch the covers, put them on the seats and then clamp them with special clips. Then the seats are then mounted back in the car. The covers are stitched along with a 12mm foam padding for comfort and better fitting.

I decided to give the car on Wednesday, 24th. Reached at 10 AM and met Mr. Vikas (who works with Mr. Anil) who helped me in deciding the patterns and explained the entire process which requires a good 7-8 hours. I left my car with them and went to my office. Went back at around 7 PM and the tank was ready.

Very happy with my new seats. The looks and comfort have significantly gone up. The experience at Orchis was really good and they have asked me to come back in case of any issues.

Posting some pics here. Couldn't take pics of the actual process as I was not present.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160227_143611.jpg

The idea was to match the 2 tone interiors and hence chose the same colors. Kept black to minimum only to control heat.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160227_143633.jpg

I had 2 pillows in my car. Got them wrapped in black too.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160227_143652.jpg

Last row seats - sorry for the poor quality of photo.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160227_143833.jpg
rajpvrm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 18:29   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
Decided to get my seats changed and spoke to Mr. Anil at the famous Orchis seats in Vikhroli (W), Mumbai.
Fantastic seat covers there rajpvrm. How much did it cost you? By the way, same pinch to you as I too got new clothes for my seats today.The installer came to my home along with seat covers at 12pm and got on to the job right away. He first removed the jump seats, then the middle bench seat and finally the front seats. Sharing some pics taken during the process.

Car without seats, would it be of any use?

The fitter putting new clothes on front passenger seat

The front passenger seat is ready now

My Orange Tank soaking in the hot afternoon sun, while the seat covers were being fitted

The front driver seat getting ready

The fitter struggling to fit the covers on torturous jump seat

The middle row seat was an easy fitment though

The jump seats being put in place

Finally the seat cover fitment job was done at 5:00pm. Since the whole removal of seats, fitment of covers and assembly of the seats was done by a single person, it took 5 hours. But finally the job was well done. Fitting the covers on the jumps seats was the most torturous. Due to the multiple hooks on the back side it was a pain to fit the covers, but finally all the efforts were well worth.

My wallet was lighter by 11.5K, tipped Rs 200/- on top of that to the person who did the fitment, he did an excellent job. Here are some pics of the final product.

The jump seats now sporting new clothes

The middle row seat with new clothes.
Note the neck pillows are carried over from my Innova, hence sport the black-biege combo, instead of black-orange

The front row seats all decked up

Another shot of front row seats

AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th February 2016, 21:03   #787
BHPian

Couple of queries on the seat removal and the art leather.
1.) is it wise to remove the factory fitted seats? I believe manufacturers in the US record the torque at which the seats were bolted on due to safety regulations. I could be mistaken and this is due to strength requirements in case of an impact.
2.) art leather can cause heat boils on the back and maybe other areas of contact. Speaking from experience as my black swift was causing me issues on my shoulder and I switched to fabric.
Old 28th February 2016, 00:10   #788
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post messages that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further. We request you to post ONLY when you have something substantial to add to a discussion.

Last edited by GTO : 12th April 2016 at 13:31.
chetans is offline   Received Infraction
Old 28th February 2016, 10:23   #789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Fantastic seat covers there rajpvrm. How much did it cost you?
Thanks, AutoIndian. Costed me exactly same as yours - 11.5K. He asked me 13.5 but I told him I am TBHP member and have come through reference and all.

Quote:
By the way, same pinch to you as I too got new clothes for my seats today.
Awesome seats. The work looks neat and color goes really well with your Orange tank. Good, your seat guy came home and did it in front of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
Couple of queries on the seat removal and the art leather.
1.) is it wise to remove the factory fitted seats? I believe manufacturers in the US record the torque at which the seats were bolted on due to safety regulations. I could be mistaken and this is due to strength requirements in case of an impact.
diyguy, valid question/point.

If you are getting art leather or leather seat covers, every seat/accessories guy will remove the seats. It's not possible to fit otherwise. In fact, my previous seat covers (which, as per my new seats guy, were made of rexine) were put by M&M dealer at the showroom and they had removed all the seats.

Actually, removing or modifying anything that's factory fitted is debatable. E.g. modifying electrical wiring for reverse camera, modifying head lamps, using bigger tyres or getting a CNG kit. I guess, seats are the simplest and most common of all changes done.

In TUV, the seats are mounted using simple bolts on an iron frame that can be easily removed and then fixed back. There is no complicated mechanism to fiddle with.

Quote:
2.) art leather can cause heat boils on the back and maybe other areas of contact. Speaking from experience as my black swift was causing me issues on my shoulder and I switched to fabric.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
I too have the same question.
I used art leather seats for all my 3 cars in the past and never had any problems. I think the material is important as art leather ranges from rexine to upmarket ones. They are probably the most widely used seats in India and I think as long as your car is not parked in hot sun all the time, shouldn't cause any problems. Like all materials, it may not suit a few people or skin types.
rajpvrm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 10:50   #790
Team-BHP Support

Not Sure if this is the right place , we need to buy 3 vehicles for our office to carry 2-4 persons on combination of urban / rural roads & for occasional delivery of material which can weight maximum 200-300 Kg. I am very close of picking SLX version of Bolero but thought of checking if TUV can be bought instead given the overall comfort this vehicle will give
Old 28th February 2016, 10:52   #791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
In TUV, the seats are mounted using simple bolts on an iron frame that can be easily removed and then fixed back. There is no complicated mechanism to fiddle with.
I believe there is a tendency to over tighten bolts when done by hand and this weakens the bolt heads and can lead to stress fractures which are dangerous in collision scenarios as the seats can rip off during impact. Maybe a one in a million scenario, but since it is a regulation I wanted to point out the risks involved.
diyguy is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 11:14   #792
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I believe there is a tendency to over tighten bolts when done by hand and this weakens the bolt heads and can lead to stress fractures which are dangerous in collision scenarios as the seats can rip off during impact. Maybe a one in a million scenario, but since it is a regulation I wanted to point out the risks involved.
+1 to that diyguy.

My previous Ertiga had perfect seats before the seat covers were fitted. After removal and fitting by these guys, my seats started squeaking and having minute movements, especially the driver's seat. I decided that day on, never to install seat covers that involves removal of seats. The clips on the panels used to cover the bolts started losing their tight fit and this led to rattling later on. You cannot get that factory fit back again, unfortunately.

If it works well for you guys, then good for you.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 12:55   #793
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This could be a possibility if the tightening is done by a normal spanner. However nowadays most of the seat installers are equipped with latest tools. The one who came to my home had a torque wrench with ratchet where you can set the maximum torque at which you want to tighten the fasteners. Beyond that torque the ratchet slips, which ensures that the bolts don't get over tightened. Although this may not replicate the factory fittings exactly it ain't off the mark either. If the cars came with very good factory fitted seat covers we need not go for aftermarket ones, but that is not the case. Also if you just wear the covers from the top of seats you won't get the skin tight snug fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Not Sure if this is the right place , we need to buy 3 vehicles for our office to carry 2-4 persons on combination of urban / rural roads & for occasional delivery of material which can weight maximum 200-300 Kg. I am very close of picking SLX version of Bolero but thought of checking if TUV can be bought instead given the overall comfort this vehicle will give
If the requirement is purely rural then Bolero will be better suited, but for a combination of urban and rural commutes TUV would be a better choice.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 28th February 2016 at 13:01.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2016, 21:03   #794
BHPian

Quote:
queries on art leather.
a. Art/Composite leather comes in thickness from 0.9 mm to 1.2 mm.The thicker version is backed with a cotton felt coating that regulates the temperature.This is the most popular value-for-money proposition.

b. The other option is to use genuine leather where body touches.(Seat Back/bottom, Handle top, gear knob and steering wheel cover) This is the best option and the most comfortable if you have a higher budget.

c. 0.9 version should be strictly avoided.

Pic 01 >> 1.2 mm art leather backed with cotton felt coating (Value for money)
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-art-leather-01-1.jpg

Pic 02 >> 0.9 mm art leather,Cheaper, looks the same from top but no heat dispersal property
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-art-leather-01-2.jpg
Sirvoicar is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 29th February 2016, 11:53   #795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
This could be a possibility if the tightening is done by a normal spanner. However nowadays most of the seat installers are equipped with latest tools. The one who came to my home had a torque wrench with ratchet where you can set the maximum torque at which you want to tighten the fasteners. Beyond that torque the ratchet slips, which ensures that the bolts don't get over tightened.
I just want to add to what AutoIndian said.

I am not trivializing the issue and understand its an important concern raised with respect to safety by diyguy. However, more than with the seats the most common scenario of over tightening of bolts is with the tyres. Barring when done at professional car tyre centers that use electronic torque wrenches, tyre replacement done by road side 'puncture wallahs' or done by the car owner/driver manually with the wrench provided by the car are always improper. I have seen people sometimes step on the spanner, like the truck drivers, to tighten the bolts.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks