Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd March 2016, 16:05   #826
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
Do you leave it connected to your TUV all the time?
Hi Rajpvrm, I do not leave the OBD2 reader connected all the time. I usually connect it to the vehicle only before long journeys to keep a check mainly on the engine temperature and load conditions. This practice started since my previous car , a WagonR K10, was not equipped with an engine temperature gauge and it was bit difficult to time the pit stops during my ~650 km day trips (with 4 full size adults & 2 tots onboard).
Other than this I only connect it to check if I sense any abnormality or to specifically measure fuel consumption.
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 19:52   #827
BHPian

Hii Folks. Sorry for missing out on forum for a long time, had been busy with work. Update on my tank is 11500 kms, 2nd service done. Bill Came out at Rs 3700 inclusive of all taxes. Recalls - FDM is changed and ECU flashing has been done. So far So good.
nishant kar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2016, 20:47   #828
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Hii Folks. Sorry for missing out on forum for a long time, had been busy with work. Update on my tank is 11500 kms, 2nd service done. Bill Came out at Rs 3700 inclusive of all taxes. Recalls - FDM is changed and ECU flashing has been done. So far So good.
Hi Nishant

I think you belongs to Gurgaon as your temp no says HR99 and GSP backyard is seen in delivery pics. So must be visiting GSP service center near Narsinghpur.

How did you find the service guys? I have visited once and found things a bit unmanaged and planning to visit again due to some jerky feeling in my AMT.
Old 3rd March 2016, 21:00   #829
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks sathyasuri, just ordered one for my tank. Do you leave it connected to your TUV all the time?
No harm if it is left connected to the OBD port. I have kept it permanently plugged-in. My Swift is 2.2 years old and 72K kms run. No issues so far and no battery draining problem.

So if by any chance one forgets to remove the OBD reader from the port, nothing to worry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Other than this I only connect it to check if I sense any abnormality or to specifically measure fuel consumption.
a4anurag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 18:23   #830
Senior - BHPian

I would like to know if Mahindra is providing Club Mahindra gift voucher (2 nights stay in a resort) to all TUV owners? I got it after few days of delivery and already redeemed it for a stay in June at the Club Mahindra, Virajpet resort.
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 20:04   #831
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I would like to know if Mahindra is providing Club Mahindra gift voucher (2 nights stay in a resort) to all TUV owners? I got it after few days of delivery and already redeemed it for a stay in June at the Club Mahindra, Virajpet resort.
Yes they are. Just booked my stay at Madikeri for the last week of June. Thanks for the update Airbus else would have totally slipped my mind.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2016, 21:19   #832
BHPian

Do you get the club mahindra voucher by post? Its more than a month past the delivery date now but haven't got any such voucher.

Did get a small booklet at the time of delivery of car that has 4-5 not so great coupons - 20% off on Dominos, one free foot massage, 10% of in Orchid hotels.
Old 4th March 2016, 21:35   #833
BHPian

Hi All AMT users

I tried sending PMs to couple of members but i doubt if it actually went. As its not showing under sent messages.

But anyways here is my concern :

I too have an AMT model delivered on 16 Feb and would like to ask you for your opinion related to jerks.

I am experiencing jerks on low speeds while driving in 1 or 2nd gear or creep function. The jerks are like mild ones which feels like clutch depress jerks. Is this a normal behaviour of AMT or something is wrong with me?

This starts happening when i drive for more than 8 - 10 kms.

Please share your views.
Old 4th March 2016, 21:43   #834
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do you get the club mahindra voucher by post? Its more than a month past the delivery date now but haven't got any such voucher.
I got an email with the link to claim the gift voucher. Email came from Mahindra TopGear Club with the subject "Set out to experience an incredible holiday!". If you use gmail, please check Promotions folder. I got the email after about 20 days from the delivery date.
Old 4th March 2016, 22:28   #835
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do you get the club mahindra voucher by post?
Nope by email but I had to follow up multiple times on email to get the voucher. Register on the topgearclub website first and then drop a mail to customer care as well as topgearclub
Old 5th March 2016, 09:05   #836
BHPian

Hope Mahindra investigates this incident quickly.
Old 5th March 2016, 11:22   #837
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Since the fire seems to have broken at the front end of the car, I guess the source would be somewhere inside the engine bay. Definitely needs a thorough investigation by M&M. Hope the owner had not done any modifications, which involved wire cutting, fitted high wattage lamps (could be a possibility as the incident has occurred during night)

On a side note I called my Service Advisor today morning to check if the RHS power window assembly has come in stock. He said regretfully that it has still not arrived and may take another 3-4 days. He seemed quite frustrated that M&M is not supplying enough spares for newly launched cars.
Old 5th March 2016, 13:28   #838
BHPian

Quote:
That really looks bad and hope M&M looks into it on priority. This will bring them some unwanted attention.

May be, M&M PR is already doing damage control and thats why 'a high end car' was mentioned instead of the name of the car in the news report. Also, couldn't find this story on any other website except Hindu's (TOI, Indian Express etc.).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Since the fire seems to have broken at the front end of the car, I guess the source would be somewhere inside the engine bay. Definitely needs a thorough investigation by M&M. Hope the owner had not done any modifications, which involved wire cutting, fitted high wattage lamps (could be a possibility as the incident has occurred during night)
Definitely needs a quick thorough investigation but if the matter is subdued by M&M, the investigation report may never get public.

On a lighter note, hope the owner had done modifications in the car that caused the incident and it was not because of an inherent manufacturing defect.
Old 5th March 2016, 14:09   #839
BHPian

I've been seriously wanting to shift to the TUV300 but this is giving me pause for thought! I have a 15 year old Qualis with lots of wiring for extra horn, keyless entry and extra speakers etc but never had an issue so far. It is disconcerting to read this happening to a new vehicle.
Old 5th March 2016, 14:15   #840
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I've been seriously wanting to shift to the TUV300 but this is giving me pause for thought! I have a 15 year old Qualis with lots of wiring for extra horn, keyless entry and extra speakers etc but never had an issue so far. It is disconcerting to read this happening to a new vehicle.
I don't think so this could be alone a reason to discard any brand as this happens with almost every company. Recently a brand new Honda City engine bay caught fire in Gurgaon and most surprisingly Honda authorities refused to even help the owner.

Full story

http://www.cartoq.com/almost-new-hon...-while-parked/

Last edited by ezee : 5th March 2016 at 14:17.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks