Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th March 2016, 10:06   #856
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

My iCar OBD2 reader from Amazon has arrived and its working very well, although finding no difference than cheaper ones except an On/Off switch has been provided. They have given a CD which contains some apps for IPAD and Android and a paid version of Torque Pro (old version which cant be updated).

Connected to my TUV and used with Torque and other Apps, working well till now. Not much to check though until you are an auto freek and knows about every technical aspects, as explained by other members.

Also regarding the problems explained earlier, I visited the service centre yesterday and was warmly greeted by manager Mr Mohit with senior techs to look in to problem.

Loud Engine Noise: Until unless we are able to reproduce that sound in front of them its almost impossible to diagnose the source. Although precautionary the have changed the Modulator.

Jerks on Low Speed: No faults detected in OBD but they have reinstalled the ECU and other softwares.

Rest were the minor problems which are corrected with a complementary washing.

I will try to observe problems till next few days and lets see they are resurfacing or not.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160309_091656.jpg  

ezee is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 10:31   #857
Senior - BHPian

Right now I am at the service centre for my RHS power window assembly replacement under warranty. Seems the store keeper (warranty person) was not convinced that the window has any problem. He wanted to see the problem for himself and have now taken my tank for a test drive. I don't mind him doing that, but this seems to be weird. Once a decision was made by the service advisor to replace the assembly under warranty why that decision is being questioned now.

While I was waiting in customer lounge I met one real estate agent who had brought his black TUV for 30K service. Within 5 months of purchase his odo crossed the 30K mark. No major issues till date and he seemed to be quite happy with his purchase. Off late he said there is increased sound while starting the car, but in running it is normal. This being his first paid service he was charged Rs 1350/- for servicing. Also one of his tail lamps was broken. New one was costing around Rs 1200/-.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 12:30   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Hey Raj,

Look at this link below to get the correct ways for Horsepower and Torque.

http://torque-bhp.com/wiki/Horsepower
Thanks a lot, Anurag. I plan to do this test this weekend. Will post my results here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1.2TSI7DSG View Post
Hi rajpvrm

The data of the instantaneous FE is correct. The range of the IFE even for my polo is 5 kmpl to 85 kmpl

Next time request you to note the % of accelerator pedal input.

You will note that when the acc-ped input is low (5-10% pressed) the instantaneous FE will shoot up drastically, irrespective of the gear.
That's interesting. Will do the test on % of A-pedal input next time. In fact, I occasionally feel some vibrations on my A-pedal, like short pulses. I'll check if the A-pedal input throws up some insights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
The OBD Reader is plugged into your car's OBD Port. Its job is to merely read what is available in real time (or otherwise) in the ECM/ECU.

Applications like Torq and others provide an interface between the OBD Adapter and your Phone to enable you to read the content in a format that is easy for you.

Hence, there is no such inconsistency that you can expect when it comes to things like Speed, Tachometer Reading, Idle RPM, Engine Load, Throttle Pedal Position etc.
Agree, Parag. But I guess there is a communication lag between the OBD reader and the phone sometimes. Is that possible? For example, in the pic below the speed dial says I am at 45 kmph, when I was actually at standstill. It obviously went to zero in 1-2 seconds, but I didn't break suddenly. My other point is that the RPM range (min/max) is 0.9K/2.9K where as in my AMT the gear shifts happen at 3.5K sometimes. Could this lag be because of a cheap OBD 2 adapter?

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160311-12.17.11.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Right now I am at the service centre for my RHS power window assembly replacement under warranty. Seems the store keeper (warranty person) was not convinced that the window has any problem. He wanted to see the problem for himself and have now taken my tank for a test drive. I don't mind him doing that, but this seems to be weird. Once a decision was made by the service advisor to replace the assembly under warranty why that decision is being questioned now.
That's bad. As it is it becomes difficult to sometimes reproduce problems at the service center. This way, they will never have to replace anything. I occasionally have rattles on the driver side door but I am sure I'll not be able to reproduce this at the service center. Same with the occasional A-pedal vibrations that I get.

Quote:
While I was waiting in customer lounge I met one real estate agent who had brought his black TUV for 30K service. Within 5 months of purchase his odo crossed the 30K mark.
30K He is the guru of all TUV owners!
Old 11th March 2016, 14:20   #859
BHPian

Quote:
Right now I am at the service centre for my RHS power window assembly replacement under warranty...
Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
...That's bad. As it is it becomes difficult to sometimes reproduce problems at the service center. This way, they will never have to replace anything. I occasionally have rattles on the driver side door but I am sure I'll not be able to reproduce this at the service center....
While we are on this topic of vibrations, my TUV RHS front door vibration vanished after I took it up upon myself (since it was not attended to, as expected , in the first service), but hang on... I did nothing great, just removed all the screws, removed the door panel, tightened all the screws that I could see inside and fit the panel back.

But a new vibration has started, but this one emanates somewhere between the front passenger airbag and the 2-din fascia region, comes only at lower RPMs when the forward gears are engaged, strange as it sounds, it is not observed for the reverse gear. Anybody facing similar rattling issue.
Old 11th March 2016, 14:58   #860
BANNED

Quote:
But I guess there is a communication lag between the OBD reader and the phone sometimes. Is that possible? Could this lag be because of a cheap OBD 2 adapter?
Hey, in the setting tab, go to OBD adapter setting part and see if the "Faster communication" is checked or no?! If not check it and go for a drive.

Here is the screen shot is the setting that lam referring to:

Name:  ForumRunner_20160311_145738.png
Views: 3251
Size:  38.3 KB
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2016, 15:40   #861
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Once a decision was made by the service advisor to replace the assembly under warranty why that decision is being questioned now.
Quote:
That's bad. As it is it becomes difficult to sometimes reproduce problems at the service center. This way, they will never have to replace anything. I occasionally have rattles on the driver side door but I am sure I'll not be able to reproduce this at the service center. Same with the occasional A-pedal vibrations that I get.
Friends, after I posted the above message I was in for a big surprise. After the warranty person was back from a test drive he said that there is no issue with the window winder. There is no sound when the window is rolled up or down. I explained him that the sound is not coming when the window is rolled up or down, but in a running vehicle, especially @ idling during morning starts and when the car goes over a rough patch. He said that he will have to call M&M factory people along with vendor folks. He had sent them a mail and said that they will be informing when they will be reaching the service center. Slowly but surely my temper was rising. I had already spent 2.5 hours at the service center and my car was still not touched, when I was guaranteed that the whole work would be completed in an hours time. I was on the verge of meeting the Service Head, but kept my cool. I then showed the sound recording to the warranty person that I had done during my last visit. He too acknowledged it, however was not ready to replace the winder under warranty. The reason cited for this was last time there was a similar case in which the winder was replaced under warranty. When the part went to the factory for inspection it was found to be perfectly alright. Due to this the service center was not credited for the faulty part replacement. I said to myself that this is enough. I also met the service manager & told him that I am taking my car back home. I will need the car today & tomorrow. Then the car will be idle for 2 weeks as I am traveling out of country. Whenever the company & vendor people are ready to visit the service center, they can pick up the car form my home, show it to them. Let them do their analysis, part replacement under warranty or not, I want the issue to get fixed and deliver the car back to my home. The Service Manager agreed to this. Finally when I was about to leave the Technical Manager and the SA came back to me saying that the warranty person has agreed to replace the winder under warranty. The work finally started at 12pm (I had come there @ 09:15am), so almost 3 hours wasted

The technician then carefully removed the door drim, unplugged the connectors, removed the window glass and finally took out the assembly. On asking him what was wrong with this assembly he mentioned that the plastic slider, on which the window glass in mounted & which slides over the aluminum channel may develop some play. When I checked the plastic slider, indeed there was very minute play (around 1 mm). When compared to the new winder assembly opened from the box, it had absolutely no play. He then fitted the new assembly. He also brought some packing foam. Stuck three layers one on top of other and inserted this packing in between the plastic locks on door trim (white colored) in picture below. He then fitted the door trim back in place.

We then went for a test drive on the same torture track and the problem had indeed vanished completely. The window glass was brought to various positions while going over the rough patch and there was absolutely no noise. When rolled up completely there was pin-drop silence. Finally my perseverance and the customer centric approach of the SA, Technical Manager and Service Manager had paid off. I was very satisfied that this nagging issue with which I had lived for the last 4 months, since the car was out of the showroom was finally nailed to my satisfaction. I was delighted to get the super silent cabin back. Clicked some pictures during the removal and installation of winder assembly.

Box packing of the winder assembly
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-box-packing-winder-assembly.jpg

New winder assembly unpacked from the box
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-new-winder-assembly-unpacked-box.jpg

Plastic slider (highlighted) slides over aluminum channel
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-plastic-slider-highlighted-slides-over-aluminium-channel.jpg

Technician opening the door panel
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-technician-opening-door-panel.jpg

Technician applying glue to the foam used as packing material
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-technician-applying-glue-foam-used-packing-material.jpg

Three layers of foam material applied between door trim plastic locks (white coloured)

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-three-layers-foam-material-applied-vetween-door-trim-plastic-locks.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 18:07   #862

Hi Guys,

I am a new kid on the block. Recently purchased the tank. In fact on 29th February to be precise. Just in time before the government introduced the cess. Its a T8 and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Loading a few pics here.

Just a small question to my seniors here. Don't you think that the first service at 3000 kms is a bit too late. I presume that metal particles tend to move into the engine during the initial running in.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-1.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-2.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-3.jpg  

RajeshRajpal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 18:51   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshRajpal View Post
Recently purchased the tank. In fact on 29th February to be precise. Just in time before the government introduced the cess. Its a T8 and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Loading a few pics here.
congrats rajesh & welcome to the club. Enjoy the ride
Quote:
Just a small question to my seniors here. Don't you think that the first service at 3000 kms is a bit too late. I presume that metal particles tend to move into the engine during the initial running in.
I had the same question but then realized that the oil that M&M uses is synthetic oil and hence the longer duration before the first service might actually be justified
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 19:18   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am a new kid on the block. Recently purchased the tank. In fact on 29th February to be precise. Just in time before the government introduced the cess. Its a T8 and I am thoroughly enjoying it. Loading a few pics here.
Congrats Rajesh. Enjoy the beast!
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2016, 20:57   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

Many congratulations Rajesh on getting your tank. Also welcome to the TBHP community as I see this is your first post.

Quote:
I would say it is in fact earlier. Some cars have their first service at 5K whereas others at 10K. In that sense 3K is not that late.
Old 12th March 2016, 23:22   #866
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I am a new kid on the block. Recently purchased the tank. In fact on 29th February to be precise.
Hey Rajesh. Many congratulations and welcome to the club. Even I have bought T8 and would be getting the delivery sometime next week. Very eager to hear your experience.
rishee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 16:19   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys,

I won't consider myself a 'Senior' here, but nevertheless to answer your question, I would like to draw an analogy. Remember the day's of old when we bought 'oil bats' to play 'leather ball cricket'? The bat had to be oiled and then knocked around at home with a ball in a sock etc. it then moved onto 'net' practice for some time before you could finally carry it to the middle of the crease. I remember, when colleagues proudly proclaimed that they had a new bat, I would not get to see it for a few weeks. Look at it now, you can pick a bat off the sports goods shop shelf and walk into the middle and play with abandon

A similar thing has happened to automobiles. With metallurgy taking big strides, there are less loose particles, with robots cutting metal, there is less friction when the engine runs etc. Hence it would be best to go with what the Manufacturer advices and not worry over it
TheARUN is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th March 2016, 17:11   #868

Thank you Dear friends for your quick response. Henceforth, would not bother about the oil etc. till 3000 kms.

Got seat covers fitted at a cost of Rs.6400. Sharing a few pics. The fellow did bucketing for the front seats. Though it involves ruining the stitches of the original seat but the result is really good. What say?

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-1.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-2.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-3.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 14th March 2016 at 10:31. Reason: Fixing image orientation :)
RajeshRajpal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th March 2016, 09:40   #869
BHPian

Guys, a quick question. Now that temperature has started going up, especially in the southern India, how effective is the AC, especially for 2nd row. I am skeptical of how effective are front blowers for such a big cabin.
Old 14th March 2016, 13:58   #870
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Guys, a quick question. Now that temperature has started going up, especially in the southern India, how effective is the AC, especially for 2nd row. I am skeptical of how effective are front blowers for such a big cabin.
Reporting from Chennai: with the temperature hovering around 34-36 C here, TUV's AC is holding up so far well I suppose or atleast I haven't been tapped in my head while driving to increase the fan speed/reduce the thermostat temp .

My thermostat setting is usually at 80% on the dial with the fan blower usually in level two or three and the AC mode in Eco and we sometimes use the blinds (the ones available in the traffic signals) to prevent the sun's glare mainly.
sathyasuri is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks