Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th March 2016, 08:49   #886
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeshRajpal View Post
Hey congratulations. Welcome to the Gang. Enjoy the ride.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
Congrats rishee. Looks like you will have a great time with the tank!
Thank you all for the wishes. I had been following all the TUV threads, including the ownership one's very closely for a few weeks now. Thanks to all of you, my friends, for the valuable guidance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDtorque View Post
Congratulations rishee how did you get this black roof ? Is it an accessory ? Or a third party custom paint job ?
The black roof is known as "Vinyl Cover Roof Cladding". It was done by the dealer himself. I had checked and it is available with all the dealers. This involves sticking a vinyl fabric on the roof and all the pillars.
The one on my tank is very well done and I checked that the edges, cutting and sticking were very neat indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Congrats Rishee for your new Tank. Can you please post more details about wrapping done and other accessories with price etc.
Attaching the price list of all the accessories. I got everything done from the dealer. For the anti-rust coating, the dealer himself had got it done from 3M and it comes with warranty.

Also, I prepared a comprehensive PDI checklist (attaching the same here) based on the ones shared earlier in this thread. It took me 3 hours to do the entire inspection (before i took the car delivery). One of the staff jokingly did mention to the executive that the customer would now even ask for his data

A few points post my PDI inspection that I would like to have opinion from the other owners:
  1. The executive politely refused to share their PDI inspection done at stockyard, claiming it is internal to them and confidential
  2. The executive did not give Form 22, but he did give all the invoices and receipts. Any one has any idea what exactly does a Form 22 look like?
  3. I was not given any fuel coupon which is for the complimentary 10Ltrs. The executive claimed they themselves had filled the fuel earlier.
  4. The ODO reading, which I had expected to be around 115km was at 26km. When I questioned, they replied that they had reset the same in the PDI done by them, because "some customers complain that reading is too high!!!" When i had checked the car at time of registration, the ODO showed 55km and when I went for delivery it showed 26km. Distance from RTO office to dealership is around 60km. Did others notice this at the time of their delivery???
  5. The rubber cladding of both the front door had come off slightly around the edges. They promptly fixed it when it was brought to their notice.
  6. There was a distinct rattling sound coming from the RHS driver door. I took the glass down a bit and it stopped. Looks like this is a "feature" in all TUV

The good thing is the dealer was patient in answering all my queries and fixed any issue that I raised, without any complaints. Quite a few typos in the documents. Request you all to thoroughly check the documents when you take delivery. Overall, I had a very mixed experience, but the joy of getting my tank overtook all the other annoying stuff.

I'll share my driving experience and the reason to narrowing down to TUV in another separate post, once I get some time.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv-accessories-price-list.jpg  

Attached Files
File Type: xlsx TUV300 PDI Checlist - T8 Manual.xlsx (15.7 KB, 694 views)
rishee is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 09:58   #887
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishee View Post
[*]There was a distinct rattling sound coming from the RHS driver door. I took the glass down a bit and it stopped. Looks like this is a "feature" in all TUV
Congratulations on your tank rishee Looks beautiful in the shade with the vinyl roofs.

Coming to the rattling sound, it is issue with the power window winder assembly. If you can go through this post from AutoIndian, it tells everything. He got it fixed recently.
fusionbang is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 10:12   #888
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsingh View Post
What's the final verdict on the fuel efficiency
My FE has been hovering in the 14.5 - 15 kmpl range as 90% of the driving has been on highway speeds of 80-110 kmph. As long as you keep the tank in the 1800 -2250 rpm range, the FE is pretty decent and you might even hit 16 kmpl if you do everything right. Will let others pitch in on the city mileage as my in city driving in B2B traffic is minimal.

Quote:
When i had checked the car at time of registration, the ODO showed 55km and when I went for delivery it showed 26km.
That's odd. My odo was at 55 kms when I did the PDI and showed 90 kms when I took delivery. Not sure how the dealer reset the odo.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th March 2016, 14:18   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
That's odd. My odo was at 55 kms when I did the PDI and showed 90 kms when I took delivery. Not sure how the dealer reset the odo.
My ODO at PDI was 7 kms and showed 9 kms when I took delivery.
Old 17th March 2016, 15:33   #890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourabhzen View Post
You owned SX4 too. What, in your opinion, are the advantages/disadvantages of TUV over SX4? I ask this as SX4 is nothing less than a SUV if we compare the current 'compact SUVs' awailable in market.
Sourabh, may be incorrect to compare as SX4 is comfy sedan. I strongly believe it’s one of the best products of MSIL. If I still compare, SX4 seats are softer and more cozy, the seating in TUV is stiff but the position/height is better. SX4’s pickup is way better, it’s fast and very stable on an expressway even at 130-140.

Go for TUV for it’s looks and value for money package (esp. automatic, a fully loaded 7 seater AMT SUV for ~11L), seating position and internal room space. Not for power.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Hi Rajpvrm, apart from the 4 screws (circled in green in the below pic) visible, there is one in the door unlock latch panel (circled in white in the below pic) and 2/3 screws inside the door handle itself. The door handle is made of two parts like a panel (attaches to the side panel itself)and lid (chrome cover in your case) arrangement. If you observe keenly around the edge of the the door handle, it would have a small recess (like in a mobile phone's back to open back panel), insert a screw driver with cloth on its tip on to the recess carefully and pull the handle lid, it would peel out to expose the hidden screws. Remove these screws as well and gently pull out the entire panel.
Thanks a lot, Sathyasuri. This is my DIY plan for this weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDtorque View Post
*sudden stop and refuse to start
*noisy and less powerful when cold
Issues with the engine?
SDtorque, I have not faced any stop/start issue. May be because the AMT version doesn’t have the start/stop button feature – ESS.
Noisy & less powerful when cold – yes, I do face this and have got used to it. I have started to believe this is normal.

No other issues with engine.

Quote:
Hi Friends. Took delivery of my Tuv300 T8 Manual today. Will give a detailed post on PDI and my experience shortly. Drove it from dealership to home (around 15 km) in bumper to bumper traffic, but still it was one amazing experience.
Congratulations Rishee!

Quote:

The black roof is known as "Vinyl Cover Roof Cladding". It was done by the dealer himself. I had checked and it is available with all the dealers. This involves sticking a vinyl fabric on the roof and all the pillars.
The one on my tank is very well done and I checked that the edges, cutting and sticking were very neat indeed.

Attaching the price list of all the accessories. I got everything done from the dealer.
You got a good deal on vinyl warp, I paid around 16K. Also, you managed some free accessories? Awesome!

Quote:
I was not given any fuel coupon which is for the complimentary 10Ltrs. The executive claimed they themselves had filled the fuel earlier.
Same here, I didn’t get the coupon. Moreover, my car had the fuel warning alert on when I got the car!
Quote:
The ODO reading, which I had expected to be around 115km was at 26km. When I questioned, they replied that they had reset the same in the PDI done by them, because "some customers complain that reading is too high!!!" When i had checked the car at time of registration, the ODO showed 55km and when I went for delivery it showed 26km. Distance from RTO office to dealership is around 60km. Did others notice this at the time of their delivery???
My ODO was 44 at the time of delivery. I didn’t get to see the car during PDI. I am not sure if the digital ODO can be reset so easily by the dealer.

Quote:
There was a distinct rattling sound coming from the RHS driver door. I took the glass down a bit and it stopped. Looks like this is a "feature" in all TUV
Ah! Now you can be sure the product you got is genuine.
rajpvrm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 22:07   #891
BHPian

Guys, I noticed something interesting regarding the tyre pressure. I think M&M recommended tyre pressure of 32 psi earlier and now it's 35 psi for the same tyre size - 215/75 R15.

Refer picture posted by Tushar in the official review and page number 12-3 in the user manual currently available online for download. It says 32 psi.

On the other hand, the hard copy user manual in my car and the sticker on the driver side door frame recommends 35 psi; I have been following this from day 1. See image below.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20160303_173330.jpg

Note my car is Jan 2016 manufactured.

Questions -
  1. What are others following?
  2. What could be the reasons for changing the tyre pressure by M&M?
  3. Can users from Oct/Nov/Dec 2015 and Feb 2016 confirm the tyre pressure recommended on their tank?
rajpvrm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2016, 23:09   #892
BHPian

Mine too Jan 16 manufactured and it says 35 psi. I am having Nitrogen for now but no noticeable difference.
Old 20th March 2016, 06:17   #893
Senior - BHPian

Friends, if you remember a week back I got the right side window rattling problem fixed. That time I had a very lengthy discussion with the Service Manager. One important learning which I wanted to share last week itself, but could not get time. Since I was a bit free today, thought of sharing it with you.

He mentioned that there was a customer whose TUV's clutch had gone bad within a couple of month's usage (just after a few thousand kms of running). Since clutch is a consumable item, it was not replaced under warranty & the poor chap had to shelve about 10-11K from his pocket (the clutch plates and the flywheel had to be replaced). This was not a manufacturing defect but under-informed driving or lack of proper training/education to the customer from the company's side.

Now the story goes like this. This TUV guy used to drive on the ECO mode most of the times. Now who doesn't want good fuel economy, so this guy (irrespective of the traffic, driving conditions, speeds etc) used to always drive on the ECO mode. What the ECO mode essentially does is lowers down the fuel supply to the injectors, hence less power/torque at the crank shaft. The ECO mode is suitable when you are driving sedately at a steady speed of 60-70 kmph. However this guy used to drive the car faster than that around 90 kmph. Now imagine, since low quantity of fuel is injected at a give throttle input, you would be forced to press down the A pedal more than required, this would increase the load on the clutch. This resulted in premature clutch wearing. The Service Manager mentioned that the tank should never be driven above 60-70 kmph in ECO mode, else else premature clutch wear out is guaranteed.

I never liked the ECO mode in first place. It robs the car of the much required power and the car behaves in a lethargic manner to the A pedal inputs. Those who are frequently driving the car in ECO mode please keep the above point in mind.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 09:49   #894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The Service Manager mentioned that the tank should never be driven above 60-70 kmph in ECO mode, else else premature clutch wear out is guaranteed.
Does not sound right to me. If this is intelligence coming into play, the software should have handled the speed scenario as well. I didn't like the Eco mode either, as in tight traffic at the signal during my test drive, the engine went into hibernation and I started getting honks till it came back to life...
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 10:08   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He mentioned that there was a customer whose TUV's clutch had gone bad within a couple of month's usage poor chap had to shelve about 10-11K from his pocket (the clutch plates and the flywheel had to be replaced).
...you would be forced to press down the A pedal more than required, this would increase the load on the clutch. This resulted in premature clutch wearing.
The pressing of A pedal more would never result in clutch wear. What is harmful, perhaps could be on/off type of A pedal usage.
Why the Flywheel was replaced for clutch wear is not understandable.
rajeev k is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 10:20   #896
BHPian

It can't be the ECO mode I bet. That may be just an excuse by service guys to make driver the culprit.

Most of the cars these days equipped with eco mode and if thats the case then all will suffer which should have forced them to reconsider the technology.

Also ECO mode is purely a software based fule supply control mechanism and clutch wear will happen only when you keep pressing clutch pedal while driving.

With my recent visits to service centre and as other people posted their experiences one can guess how educated and knowledgeable service guys are.
ezee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th March 2016, 16:57   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
[*]Can users from Oct/Nov/Dec 2015 and Feb 2016 confirm the tyre pressure recommended on their tank?[/list]
Mine is Nov 15 manufactured vehicle and on my car it says 35 PSI which I have been following.

Quote:

I never liked the ECO mode in first place. It robs the car of the much required power and the car behaves in a lethargic manner to the A pedal inputs. Those who are frequently driving the car in ECO mode please keep the above point in mind.

I wonder what will happen if the clutch of AMT fails. Will the customer have to bear the cost ? The AMT does not have an ECO mode neither the clutch is user operated.

This is the first and the only news of clutch failure in a TUV. My friend's XUV's clutch failed at 30k.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 20th March 2016 at 17:14.
Old 21st March 2016, 00:29   #898
BHPian

The TUV 300 design reminded me of a features taken from different rides.
Headlamps from Pajero
Bonnet and rear door from Suzuki Vitara
Front grill from Chinese BAIC BJ 40
Side looks from Dihatsu Terios.
Did I miss anything?
Old 21st March 2016, 03:16   #899

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsamuelk View Post
The TUV 300 design reminded me of a features taken from different rides.
Headlamps from Pajero
Bonnet and rear door from Suzuki Vitara
Front grill from Chinese BAIC BJ 40
Side looks from Dihatsu Terios.
Did I miss anything?
Yes I think you missed the time frame. If the bonnet and rear door match with the Vitara then it was they who copied not the other way round.
i feel the rear 3/4 has a land roverish look to it.

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2016 at 07:06.
Old 21st March 2016, 09:14   #900
BHPian

I have faced a new problem today. Just bought a 12v charger (as attached) and now when I connected for the first time in any of the both 12v sockets, my FM radio stops working, like loosing signal. Its seems some static charge is getting developed, interfering FM signals.

Can anyone please confirm, if its happening with me only or a general case.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-51e2crvnebl._sl1200_.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks