Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 9th April 2016, 16:25   #961
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Went for my Xylo's second service yesterday. Got to hear a news about TUV, majority of TUVs coming in for accident repairs are damaged from front left side. Seems like people graduating from small cars are not able to judge the width of TUV properly. Or could it be any other case? I don't know, just thought I should share this feedback.
Meanwhile I also went on to check the recently launched Nuvosport at the stockyard and will say that it looks much better in flesh.
Attaching few pics, TUV & Nuvosport were standing side by side but unfortunately not in front. Both these will definitely cater to buyers with different tastes, no confusion there.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160409_162358.jpg  

wrongturn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 17:27   #962
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
Went for my Xylo's second service yesterday. Got to hear a news about TUV, majority of TUVs coming in for accident repairs are damaged from front left side. Seems like people graduating from small cars are not able to judge the width of TUV properly. Or could it be any other case? I don't know, just thought I should share this feedback.
You could be probably right. It is very difficult to judge the front left corner of any vehicle. The bigger the vehicle the more difficult it is. On top of that the high positioned bonnet of the TUV (compared to other cars doesn't help much). So the scenario that you have mentioned was bound to happen. Though I was used to Innova for a year before graduating to TUV, I am always wary that the front left corner of my car may brush other cars that are parked perpendicularly right in front of my parking.

Quote:
Meanwhile I also went on to check the recently launched Nuvosport at the stockyard and will say that it looks much better in flesh.
Attaching few pics, TUV & Nuvosport were standing side by side but unfortunately not in front. Both these will definitely cater to buyers with different tastes, no confusion there.
Thanks for sharing that picture. Would have loved to see both the cars completely in single frame. I highly doubt if the Nuvosport would be able to replicate the success of TUV. For the premium pricing over TUV, it does not offer much both in terms of exterior design as well as interiors. Where it scores over TUV is a more powerful engine, marginally higher peak torque, bigger wheels, split second row seat, DRLs, cruise control , 6.2" touch screen etc. However only time will tell if customers are going to go for it.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 19:53   #963
BHPian

Here are the snaps of my tank.
Today morning we made a quick visit to theur ganapati.
we wanted to do the route done by autoindian, but skipped it due to time constraints.
Also postponing the visit to service center for door rattle issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160408_154248_hdr.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160408_162315_hdr.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160409_084451_hdr.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160408_154254_hdr_1460166129046.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160408_183607_hdr.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160408_154233_hdr.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160409_100454.jpg  

chetans is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 9th April 2016, 20:10   #964
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
Here are the snaps of my tank.
Today morning we made a quick visit to theur ganapati.
we wanted to do the route done by autoindian, but skipped it due to time constraints.
Also postponing the visit to service center for door rattle issue.
Nice pictures there. Hope your tank has come with all the recall parts factory fitted. Just cross check that with your dealer. Get the rattling issue fixed asap, else that would become a major irritant each time you take the tank out of your garage.

p.s. Time to change your signature
Old 9th April 2016, 20:12   #965
BHPian

saw few 3m guys cleaning tanks with normal cloths and then some locals guys ready with pedas, tilak. there was another orange tank just next to ours.
Wife did the tilak and worship part.
Took team snap.
The assitant to sales rep did the minimal explanation part.
took 3k for car underchasis coating done by 3m.

The mahindra key shown in pic was broken. had to hold it in place

Negatives:
1. team was in hurry to get over with the delivery. some 15 tanks were deliverd same day.
Anyways we were not interested in spending more time as my kid was in very bad shape since morning.
Others must be expecting a nice time. mahindras should make the dealers take care of this. hoping that maybe on any other day the experience will be better.
2. The person who was supposed to explain details, put his hand up saying there is another "technical person" to explain features. all we asked was to explain the dashboard and any warning flags.
3. no receipt of under chasis coating. highly doubtfull about this.
4. no stamping of battery warranty card
5. Although i had particularly communicated a few weeks back, to fix door rattle and software upgrade thing, it wasnt fixed and the sales guy said he cant open a job card that day and asked to come back on saturday.
Thats a round trip across city in my case.

Apart from this there were quite few issues but we neglected all and our focus was to remain neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Nice pictures there. Hope your tank has come with all the recall parts factory fitted. Just cross check that with your dealer. Get the rattling issue fixed asap, else that would become a major irritant each time you take the tank out of your garage.

p.s. Time to change your signature
Oh yes!

The tank has the vaccum modulator resonator fix.
no heavy engine noise or vibrations when started for time in morning today.
hoping that fdm is also taken care of.

But the door rattle was seen as we were exiting the delivery area.

Last edited by noopster : 9th April 2016 at 22:05. Reason: Please don't post back to back
Old 9th April 2016, 21:37   #966
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
The tank is an awesome experience to drive, especially when one is coming from small cars like wagonr.
Firstly i will congrats you chetan for the new Tank. Its awesome feeling driving a SUV which gives you a real pleasure of driving a common mans true blue SUV.

I think your is AMT if im not wrong?

If it is then you should go for the latest ECU update which is meant for TUVs creating sudden truck kind of sound and loss of power with sometimes AMT warning light coming on.

Some videos and pictures of problem is posted in this thread and some I found http://tuvclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4 here as well. So please be aware if any such kind of sound or abnormal behaviour of AMT noticed then immediately contact your service center with keeping in loop your Area representative from Mahindra and CC head at dhond.sandeep@mahindra.com and afs-president@mahindra.com as this is a serious problem which we faced and updated with latest ECU and currently under investigation.

Happy and safe driving!

Last edited by ezee : 9th April 2016 at 21:58.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 06:00   #967
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
......Seems like people graduating from small cars are not able to judge the width of TUV properly.

I also feel the same - I graduated from an Omni to the Tata Sierra and in the initial months of ownership (till my internal sense of scale grasped the difference!) brushed my front left fender often.

....Meanwhile I also went on to check the recently launched Nuvosport at the stockyard and will say that it looks much better in flesh.
If you remember, the initial general opinion in this forum about the TUV was also largely negative, till people started seeing it in the metal!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
...Where it scores over TUV is a more powerful engine, marginally higher peak torque, bigger wheels, split second row seat, DRLs, cruise control , 6.2" touch screen etc.....
I'd say that's a pretty comprehensive list! However, public opinion being as fickle as it is, we can just wait and see!
shashanka is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th April 2016, 09:33   #968
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tojo_GotBhp View Post
Mahindra TUV300 XL?
Looks like Mahindra is planning to launch a full size 7 - seated based on the compact SUV - TUV300, expected to come with the 2.2L diesel engine seen in the Mahindra Scorpio and XUV500.

Source: http://indianautosblog.com/2016/04/m...ndering-227780
But i don't think TUV 500 is on the cards because TUV is placed below NuvoSport and a 500 version will certainly cost 1-2 lacs more than AMT overlapping NuvoSport models or even base models of scorpio and XUV too.

What they should do is a T10 version with 100ps engine and cosmetic changes as they showcased in the AutoExpo.
Old 10th April 2016, 12:02   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
What they should do is a T10 version with 100ps engine and cosmetic changes as they showcased in the AutoExpo.
TUV clocked 4300+ units when it was launched, now after 6-7 odd months it has come down to 2600+ units. Assuming product shelf life of 48 months, the decrease in numbers doesnt seem healthy. Mahindra need to inject fresh features/ upgrades at regular intervals, the moment actual sales seem to be heading south than projected numbers. Needless to say, the intervals should be market dependent and not fixed, like every 9/12 months.
Old 12th April 2016, 12:26   #970

If you go to the beginning of this thread, you would find some posts by me. I have been reading these latest posts. I got my T8 AMT in November. Till now no software updates, no changes in any part, nothing. The tank has run like a dream so far. When I'm a little careless on the highway she goes upto 120 effortlessly and then I've got to ease up on the A pedal to keep it at a sedate 100 because of my reaction capabilities - I'm 69!! Heading towards Kadapa and back, I've done that ghat section so many times. She takes it like a breeze, effortlessly and with so much of reserve power available. While overtaking you have to know what gear you are in and then give it the gun and she responds magnificently and if you don't do it properly, you find you are running parallel to the vehicle for a couple of seconds and then she surges forward. That could be dangerous when you, all of sudden, have an oncoming vehicle. I have had no complaints with my AMT till now. Just thought I'd share.
injun269 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 13:44   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by injun269 View Post
If you go to the beginning of this thread, you would find some posts by me. I have been reading these latest posts. I got my T8 AMT in November. Till now no software updates, no changes in any part, nothing. The tank has run like a dream so far. When I'm a little careless on the highway she goes upto 120 effortlessly and then I've got to ease up on the A pedal to keep it at a sedate 100 because of my reaction capabilities - I'm 69!! Heading towards Kadapa and back, I've done that ghat section so many times. She takes it like a breeze, effortlessly and with so much of reserve power available. While overtaking you have to know what gear you are in and then give it the gun and she responds magnificently and if you don't do it properly, you find you are running parallel to the vehicle for a couple of seconds and then she surges forward. That could be dangerous when you, all of sudden, have an oncoming vehicle. I have had no complaints with my AMT till now. Just thought I'd share.
That's great you are happy with you TUV 300 AMT. You said no software updates but i tell you most of the parts recall and ECU updates are done silently until owner doesn't report the problems. Neither your service advisor will inform you nor it will come under the bill you get during periodic services.

But its great you are satisfied.
Old 12th April 2016, 18:11   #972
BHPian

Completed my first service (3k milestone). Again the end to end service of India Garage (IG)was a treat, right from being attended upon arrival to the car delivery - all perfectly done. This is my second interaction with IG (both at Whitefield, Bangalore) and they have not disappointed me once.

Further IG promised to replace the spoilt ORVM dial under warranty, so I did not dole out any cash for it.

The tank has now clocked 3800+kms and post service the most notable observation is the smoother gear transmission.

I also got the opportunity to talk to the SA on why the tank sounds like a tempo traveller and the SA said that quite a few vehicles owners have reported this and they suspect it occurs when the engine is cold and until the engine oils have warmed up. He also mentioned this is observed on the Scorpio model too. May be someone who's owned a Scorpio can comment or confirm.
Old 12th April 2016, 20:43   #973
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
I also got the opportunity to talk to the SA on why the tank sounds like a tempo traveller and the SA said that quite a few vehicles owners have reported this and they suspect it occurs when the engine is cold and until the engine oils have warmed up. He also mentioned this is observed on the Scorpio model too. May be someone who's owned a Scorpio can comment or confirm.
Yes it does sounds like a truck. Reported by many and infact I was one of the first few who reported and made video proof as well (link posted in earlier posts). Due to that they started to believe that its a valid problem.

My TUV AMT was first one to get the ECU update for this problem and I would suggest everybody to record sound or make videos whenever this problem occurs. Ask your dealer about latest update regarding this and get that flashed.

My TUV is still under observation and if no such sound appears in next 10 - 15 days then this problem would be marked as solved.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2016, 21:20   #974
BHPian

I see there is an "Armour" package available as an accessory for the TUV. Saw it on the display car when we went to take delivery of our XUV.

It consists of ABS cladding around the wheel wells and running board, and a light mount on the roof with orange(??) lights mounted on it in a row.

Looks pretty neat and gives the already beefy TUV an even tougher look.
Old 13th April 2016, 18:26   #975

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post
Completed my first service (3k milestone). Again the end to end service of India Garage (IG)was a treat, right from being attended upon arrival to the car delivery - all perfectly done. This is my second interaction with IG (both at Whitefield, Bangalore) and they have not disappointed me once.

Further IG promised to replace the spoilt ORVM dial under warranty, so I did not dole out any cash for it.

The tank has now clocked 3800+kms and post service the most notable observation is the smoother gear transmission.

BattleTank, is India garage an exclusive Mahindra service station? Please wise me up. Thank you.

Most Viewed