Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd April 2016, 19:06   #991
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Friends, have anyone of you opted for magnetic sun shades? I searched on Amazon, but none is available for the TUV3OO. Found a set on shopclues for Rs1299/-. Here is the link --> http://m.shopclues.com/zoomImage.htm...1446798516.jpg

Last time when I enquired at authorized service centre they were available for Rs 2200/-. What would be the best option or should I hunt in local shops?
Old 23rd April 2016, 19:32   #992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Friends, have anyone of you opted for magnetic sun shades? I searched on Amazon, but none is available for the TUV3OO. Found a set on shopclues for Rs1299/-. Here is the link --> http://m.shopclues.com/zoomImage.htm...1446798516.jpg

Last time when I enquired at authorized service centre they were available for Rs 2200/-. What would be the best option or should I hunt in local shops?
I just bought a set of magnetic shades (6 of them) for my Lodgy at Snapdeal for 1300/-. They're custom made for my MPV and I'd highly recommend them. I've tried everything else like stick on shades, shutter shades and none of them were user friendly. These magnetic shades snug fit on my windows and perfectly cut off the sun. Also, the privacy has increased, which wasn't the case with sun films, unless they were dark tint. They don't pose a hindrance either when you open/close doors. The only downside I face is lack of breeze when I'm parked somewhere with the windows down; feels like a dog in a cage . Of course, I can pull the shade off but I just don't trust the magnets enough to do that.

Just wait for a couple of weeks and I'm sure they'll launch custom magnetic shades for the TUV. Highly recommended

Last edited by swiftdiesel : 23rd April 2016 at 19:33.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 20:32   #993
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Last time when I enquired at authorized service centre they were available for Rs 2200/-.
Last week I have enquired in Sireesh Auto showroom and I was quoted Rs. 1400/- for four magnetic sun shades. One of my colleagues is using these sun shades and he is happy
airbus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd April 2016, 23:04   #994
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Got a call from my SA yesterday morning that my tank was listed for a software upgrade. I had planned to visit the service center yesterday evening but thanks to the riots in Bangalore, I was unable to. Visited today morning and got the ECU flashed. Asked the technician regarding the flash and he mentioned that this is for security software upgrade. Asked him if this was related to the immobilizer (which Autoindian had mentioned a few weeks back) and he was not very sure about it. The best part was that no time was wasted by the SA today. I was in at 9 am and out by 9.45 am, which is pretty fast given the lethargy of MASS that I had experienced in the last few visits

I was hoping that the software update was for the engine management system and will address diesel clatter during cold start, but it was not. Did show a video to my SA about the same and he was unaware of this problem and mentioned that no other TUV owners had reported this problem. Any Manual T8 owners who faced the problem and got this fixed by flashing new software? if so, can you please share the software version currently running? Will get this as well as the window winding mechanism fixed during the 2nd service, which should be mid next month.

Otherwise the dwarf has been chugging along without a problem (touchwood). Did drive 200+ kms in the ghats last week and it was a breeze - all thanks to the torque. Did not have a lot of body roll issues as long as you take the curves at a sedate pace (40-45 kmph). It feels very planted and there is no ambiguity or over/understeer. Even after the drive in the hills and some 110 kmph cruising on 4 lane highway, the dwarf returned an FE of 14.9 kmpl
I think immobiliser software update was older one and updated long time back generally on first service. But don't know if there is any other upgrade available now. But as you mentioned about loud noise (Diesel clatter) there are few videos available at this url http://tuvclub.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=4 and if you are able to match that with your TUVs sound then, yes there is a software upgrade available for that.

Some of us received that update and now its around a month that truck sound didn't appear again.

Take that sound seriously as that may affect your engine if you continue running with that sound.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 09:04   #995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I just bought a set of magnetic shades (6 of them) for my Lodgy at Snapdeal for 1300/-.

Just wait for a couple of weeks and I'm sure they'll launch custom magnetic shades for the TUV. Highly recommended
Thanks mate for sharing your experience. I tried searching on Snapdeal for TUV sun shades. Found a couple of them, but the pictures were not very clear. Also the shapes of the shades were not matching with that of the TUV windows. I think I would be better off going to an accessories shop & checking it personally. Else will have to wait until someone buys the TUV shades online and confirms its fitment.

Last Friday I did a tankful. The tank consumed 51.34 litres of diesel (almost 0.75 litre top up after the auto cut-off) while it had covered a distance of 713 kms, thus giving me a mileage of 13.89 kmpl. 80% of this was city driving and 20% was highway (AC used 100%).

Since its first tankful my Orange Tank is consistently giving me a mileage between 13.5 kmpl to 14.5 kmpl. Rather the average of last 9 tankfuls is coming to 14 kmpl. Below graph is an evidence.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-fuel-consumption-log-apr2016.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 25th April 2016 at 09:19.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 10:00   #996
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Also the shapes of the shades were not matching with that of the TUV windows.
Don't blindly go by the shapes displayed in those images by the seller. More or less they are same across all cars and brands. I Have bought a set for my Ertiga last year for 999 and they are doing a good job.

Have got few sets ordered fro colleagues for Swifts and Dusters too and they have had no issues except a Second Gen Honda City that had a tough time. They sent 4 pieces and all of them for the front windows. Then we returned and they sent back the right ones but the frame wouldn't fit well on the rear windows. When we raised this concern, they collected these shades and refunded the entire amount.

This seller is the one I am referring to.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 10:34   #997
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post

Attachment 1496553

The engineer also got an old tube, cut a small round piece from it and stuck it on the holder/buckle on the side of the rear door. This basically adds a layer on top of it.

He said this is being done on many TUVs to make the rear door sit more firmly and not vibrate. This obviously made the door operation very tight so the holder/buckle and the corresponding mouth were greased well.

Attachment 1496554
Hi rajpvrm,

My TUVs rear door also makes noise and I tried to fit a piece of cycle tube but it breaks, as I have to make holes to fit the rubber pad attached in front of that.

Please let us know what kind of tube he used and has he made holes as well to fit the rubber pad?
Old 25th April 2016, 11:08   #998
BHPian

Quote:

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160425_103734.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160425_103802.jpg

CoverKraft Mahindra TUV300 Magnetic Window Sunshade with Zip

AutoIndian, this is what I have purchased from Snapdeal and fits perfectly and looks great.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/cove...h/633044984671

This is the link, close your eyes and go for it, you will love the experience. The car looks premium after you install it.

I bought this specifically as it covers all 6 windows, the sunshades that M&M sells is for 2.5k and covers only 4 windows. At least it did when I took the delivery.

Do buy the sunshades with the zip or you will have major trouble at toll booths.

My tank completed 5000 kms today and has been absolutely niggle free experience of owning it over last 4 months. The engine is super silent and can only hear a sweet turbo whistle on empty roads, no rattles or no harsh sounds from the engine.

Last edited by TaurusAl : 25th April 2016 at 11:11.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2016, 13:26   #999
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Attachment 1500445
Attachment 1500446

CoverKraft Mahindra TUV300 Magnetic Window Sunshade with Zip

AutoIndian, this is what I have purchased from Snapdeal and fits perfectly and looks great.

http://www.snapdeal.com/product/cove...h/633044984671

This is the link, close your eyes and go for it, you will love the experience. The car looks premium after you install it.

I bought this specifically as it covers all 6 windows, the sunshades that M&M sells is for 2.5k and covers only 4 windows. At least it did when I took the delivery.

Do buy the sunshades with the zip or you will have major trouble at toll booths.

My tank completed 5000 kms today and has been absolutely niggle free experience of owning it over last 4 months. The engine is super silent and can only hear a sweet turbo whistle on empty roads, no rattles or no harsh sounds from the engine.
I know we all are suffering from scorching heat and desperately looking for shade curtains but are they allowed as per traffic police?

Here in NCR they aren't allowed, as i remember one of my friend paid a hefty fine for using suction based curtains last summer in Gurgaon.
Old 25th April 2016, 14:11   #1000
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
I know we all are suffering from scorching heat and desperately looking for shade curtains but are they allowed as per traffic police?

Here in NCR they aren't allowed, as i remember one of my friend paid a hefty fine for using suction based curtains last summer in Gurgaon.
I was stopped by cops sometime back. They came close to the car and on realizing that the glasses are not tinted, they let me go.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 09:56   #1001
BHPian

Hey guys, I checked out two very important cars (for me personally) yesterday in my quest to find the car for my family.

I was disappointed with the Brezza going in with high expectations and I was pleasantly surprised with the TUV300 going in with low expectations.

Before I get to the details, these were bullet points that my future car needed to have:

1) A budget of less than 10 L on road.
2) Dual Airbags + ABS a must
3) Slightly higher Ground Clearance than most sedans. Trust me on this! I drove my Swift Dzire on the flooded roads of Chennai in December last year and it was not a very confidence inspiring experience. I half expected my car to die out any minute in the hour we spent on the GST Road.
4) A lot of space on the inside. We are a healthy family in general and being petite and slim is more an exception in our family than the general rule. On many occasions when I have have to seat 5 in my Dzire and ride, people in the rear have expressed themselves eloquently in this matter. A cramped interiors + a long drive can bring out the devil in even docile people, I've observed.

Basically I wanted a people mover; a car which can comfortably move people from point A to point B with the least problems.

My wife and I first checked out the Brezza and we did not even take a Test Drive. On paper and in the ads, the car looked so much bigger than it is in person. It just did not have the space to seat 5 comfortably. SO we rejected it without taking a TD.

Then we checked out the TUV300 and I was actually blown away by the space it provided inside.
1) Now this will a car which can seat 5 people of my family comfortably.
2) The view from the driver's seat is commanding and good.
3) On startup/stop, the car literally shakes and the gear level too as mentioned in the official review is a "talented dancer". Can I live with that? I think I can.
4) On the drive however, things are better. The engine is very drivable and likeable in nature. In the city TD, I could not test the performance in the upper band but from multiple reviews, I know what to expect. In normal city driving, this car is very competent.
5) The car handles bumps effortlessly as it takes it all in it's stride. I have extensively driven the Quanto and the overall drive of the TUV300 feels much better; more planted .
6) My wife and I tried to sit together in the 3rd row (when car was stationary). No way we are attempting to do it when the car is in motion even if we are paid money. We had a good laugh when it actually took us sometime to extract ourselves outside. We have to perform complex Yogic poses to get out once we were "set/boxed in".
7) One needs to be extremely careful when opening the doors due to the rakish design. I can only think of my poor sister-in-law who is a disaster magnet. I personally think that the Gods are not happy if she has an ordinary day and they throw in a few obstacles just for her. If we do buy this car eventually, I have to feel warning people before they open/close doors which will be a pain.

Overall, I loved the nature of the car. I am a sedate driver by nature and think the car's character will suit us just fine.

The only thing is that for elderly people in the family, getting in/out will be a problem.

I think this might be the next car I am looking for. For people who are on the fence like me, please do check it out. You will be surprised by what this car can offer. I just hope by the time I will eventually buy, most of the initial problems that Mahindra is famous for is all sorted out.

I think the battle for me personally will be the TUV300 Vs S-Cross 1.3 (which I have not test driven).

Thanks!

Last edited by nivatakavacha : 27th April 2016 at 10:03.
nivatakavacha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 10:13   #1002
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post
Overall, I loved the nature of the car. I am a sedate driver by nature and think the car's character will suit us just fine.
Yes, you are right. Sedate drivers, who use the "A" pedal very judiciously, will definitely like the car, because just a feather touch on the "A" pedal sets the car rolling.

Quote:
The only thing is that for elderly people in the family, getting in/out will be a problem.
I would disagree with that. My Dad who is turning 75 on the coming Saturday jumps into co-drivers seat as if someone is going to encroach on it. He is 5'9" and bending for getting into a car is far bigger a problem for him rather than climbing into one. The side steps of the TUV are perfectly placed. Elderly people and kids alike, can easily step on it and get into the tank comfortably. Let your elderly folks try this couple of times and see their comfort level.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 13:56   #1003
BHPian

Quote:
Friends, some interesting discussion is going on and a poll has been opened-up on which compact SUV would you pick? The choice is between Vitara Brezza, Ford Ecosport & TUV3OO. Please visit the below thread and cast your vote.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/suvs-m...-tuv300-4.html
I actually opposed the poll to the moderators. These vehicles are not in same league & are not comparable. Brezza & Ecosport can be comparable but TUV3OO is a different vehicle altogether.

As far as I can understand, TUV & Other two caters to different segment of customers. When target customer is different, comparison does not make that much sense.
zalaps is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 14:32   #1004
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
I actually opposed the poll to the moderators. These vehicles are not in same league & are not comparable. Brezza & Ecosport can be comparable but TUV3OO is a different vehicle altogether.

As far as I can understand, TUV & Other two caters to different segment of customers. When target customer is different, comparison does not make that much sense.
Exactly my point. A Maruti buyer never comes to Mahindra showroom.. Period. Now with KUV, he might, or to compare the Ertiga. But definitely no one will compare raised hatches to an SUV or a people mover.

Maybe we can start comparison thread between

Ertiga
TUV 300
Lodgy

Fair ?
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 16:30   #1005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Maybe we can start comparison thread between

Ertiga
TUV 300
Lodgy

Fair ?
You are spot on TaurusAl. You know what before voting the TUV with my wallet, I had taken extensive test drives of both Ertiga & Lodgy. Not just that I had even test driven Mobilio, Scorpio, XUV etc. That time Brezza was not launched and Ecosport was not into consideration for the simple reason that it is a 4 seater (or at the max 4 adults + 1 kid). My basic requirement was to fit two male adults (70+ kilos), two female adults (50+ kilos) and two kids (15+ kilos). Hence Ecosport and Brezza didn't cut the bill for me. XUV and Scorpio were too huge for me (reason: a tight parking in my apartment), Ertiga, Mobilio and Lodgy were perfect fit for the parking and even the family members, but the only issue was that all these were front wheel drives. I was spoilt by the rear wheel driven Innova and didn't want to opt for a front wheel drive car as far as possible. Lodgy has a sturdy built and can take some abuse, but the rough road capabilities of the Ertiga and Mobilio was a big question mark.

With all the above requirements/ constraints the TUV came to me as a blessing in disguise. Though it has its own shortcomings like a 3-pot engine, very tight 3rd row seating, it has to offer a lot at the price point at which it is being sold.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks