Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th April 2016, 17:14   #1006
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivatakavacha View Post

Basically I wanted a Fixed; a car which can comfortably move people from point A to point B with the least problems.

..did not have the space to seat 5 comfortably. SO we rejected it without taking a TD.
I would suggest you to check out the NuvoSport. It is more spacious than the TUV300(in-fact the front 2 rows are more spacious than Scorpio) and gets a more powerful engine of 100 ps.
I am assuming that you would not reject Nuvosport on basis of looks as you are looking for a decent "people mover".

Regards,
Anuj P.
purohitanuj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2016, 18:00   #1007
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post
I would suggest you to check out the NuvoSport. It is more spacious than the TUV300(in-fact the front 2 rows are more spacious than Scorpio) and gets a more powerful engine of 100 ps.
I am assuming that you would not reject Nuvosport on basis of looks as you are looking for a decent "people mover".

Regards,
Anuj P.
I have test driven NuvoSport while I was at service center, got a chance to drive.

NuvoSport has 100 bhp engine which is same used in TUV but tuned to produce more juice. But that effort has made it more noisy in comparison to TUV which is super silent after 10 15 kms run.

Also due to the reclining and 60/40 second row its jump seats has become useless as its very cramped.

The worst part is its interiors which is no way near to the quality of TUV. Knobs handles are flimsy. Also the touchscreen infotainment system is placed in such a manner that you have to adjust your head down to see what's going on.

The only thing I liked is more power than TUV but again noisy engine and sticky gears are no way near to TUV quality.

Last edited by ezee : 27th April 2016 at 18:01.
Old 28th April 2016, 00:48   #1008
BHPian

After doing a round trip between pune-mumbai, today morning saw oil on driver side front wheel.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img20160428wa0000.jpg

would like to know the possible root cause and scale of damage.
Old 28th April 2016, 01:15   #1009
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
After doing a round trip between pune-mumbai, today morning saw oil on driver side front wheel.

Is this disc brake oil I guess so.

Get it cleaned first it'll do lot of damage and also check the system for leakage. Check the oil level.

Last edited by a4anurag : 28th April 2016 at 01:16.
Old 28th April 2016, 08:01   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1501290

It could be gear oil i think which normally leaks from ruptured boot axle. Although boot axle normally made up of tough rubber but a flying stone or any sharp object can make hole in that so the leakage.

Dont drive and contact the service centre immediately as running without gear oil can cause damage to gearbox.
Old 28th April 2016, 08:11   #1011
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Attachment 1501290

Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Is this disc brake oil I guess so.

Get it cleaned first it'll do lot of damage and also check the system for leakage. Check the oil level.
In the picture that you have shared above, I am not able to spot the oil. I can see some droplets on the tyre, is that the oil?. In any case follow what Anurag has mentioned. First & foremost check the Brake Fluid level in the reservoir. To do that refer page 14-11 of the Owner's Manual or refer the picture below.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-brake-fluid-level-checking.jpg
As per the Owner's Manual:
Quote:
The brake system is supplied with brake fluid from the brake fluid reservoir located adjacent to the air filter. The brake fluid level will drop slowly as the brakes wear, and will rise when the brake components are replaced. Fluid levels between the ‘MIN’ and ‘MAX’ lines are within the normal operating range; there is no need to add fluid. If the fluid levels are below the ‘MIN’ mark, the performance of the systems could be compromised; the brake/clutch operation could be spongy and gear change harder.
However if you are referring to the brake dust on the alloy wheel, then this is quite common and nothing to worry about. After prolonged usage/ highway running lot of brake dust gets accumulated on the wheel/rim.

I would suggest clean both the front wheel rims thoroughly. Then take a short drive (10-15 kms). Observe the wheels after this drive. If you still find the oil on the rim then visit your service centre.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 28th April 2016 at 08:14.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 08:18   #1012
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
In the picture that you have shared above, I am not able to spot the oil. I can see some droplets on the tyre, is that the oil?. In any case follow what Anurag has mentioned
Deepak, Look at areas in Red that I have highlighted.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img20160428wa0000.jpg

I guess Chetan tried to wash the wheel when he realised that is oil. Says for the droplets on the tyre and the surrounding area of the tyre on the ground is wet and oily-like so I guess that's when the picture was clicked. Also the hand marks on the alloy is of trying to clean before clicking the picture.

Also notice the Golden-brown coating-like on the disc rotor.

Quote:
saw oil on driver side front wheel.
Old 28th April 2016, 10:22   #1013
BHPian

Anurag has exactly pointed the oil spot. Yes, I was thinking about the dust and so trying to clean it. Then found out that it's oil.
I had a job card scheduled today at wakad which is around 30km from my place.
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2016, 10:45   #1014
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by purohitanuj View Post

Regards,
Anuj P.
Hi Anuj, Thanks for the comment. Due to time constraints, I could only check out the Nuvosport briefly. I did not quite like the interiors of the Nuvosport. The TUV300 on the whole seems much better "engineered" in my untrained eye.

When I do have to take the decision, I will check out both cars properly. Thanks!
Old 28th April 2016, 11:01   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Anurag has exactly pointed the oil spot. Yes, I was thinking about the dust and so trying to clean it. Then found out that it's oil.
I had a job card scheduled today at wakad which is around 30km from my place.
Did you check the break oil reservoir? Also apart from breaks where else is oil leaking? Is it on the engine guard too?
Old 28th April 2016, 17:02   #1016
BHPian

The brake fluid level is close to max.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160428_155730_hdr.jpg

no leakages in engine bay.
however did spot the engine coolant to be very close to min level.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160428_160109_hdr.jpg

Have been given tomorrow 10am slot for service checkup at wakad.
Old 28th April 2016, 20:29   #1017
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
a) Turbo & coolant ring change - this the metal ring which holds the turbo/coolant pipe in place. Not required for recently manufactured cars as M&M has fixed this at production level. This could the reason for Titanium's tank breaking down in the middle of nowhere

Also saw an Orange TUV which had recently got its engine replaced. The engine seized as there was coolant leakage. Primarily because the coolant pipe retro was not done.
Quote:
The brake fluid level is close to max.
Attachment 1501406

no leakages in engine bay.
however did spot the engine coolant to be very close to min level.

Have been given tomorrow 10am slot for service checkup at wakad.
I would suggest not to drive the TUV (as its 30 KM as you mentioned) and insist on towing by SS people as I remember (given above) procrj mentioned the seriousness of the problem, which can seize engine due to coolant leakage.

Last edited by ezee : 28th April 2016 at 20:31.
Old 29th April 2016, 10:46   #1018
BHPian

It's brake dust!
Confirmed by the service engg.

So nothing to worry about apart from topping up the coolant.

Yesterday I had specifically mentioned my case of travelling from manjari. Still the supervisor is asking me to leave the tank and come back by evening. Calmly rejected and now waiting for the usual niggles to be fixed.
chetans is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 11:11   #1019
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
It's brake dust!
Doesnt look like only brake dust from the pic that you posted. What was the explanation given for the yellowish layer on your brake rotor?

Look at the pic below. You can see the black break dust on the alloys but the disc brake rotor is clean.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160125_160641_hdr.jpg

Also suggest that you ask them to check that the turbo and coolant ring change has been done. If that is done, then why is your coolant level low? Did you check fluids levels in the recent past?

Last edited by procrj : 29th April 2016 at 11:17.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2016, 11:59   #1020
BHPian

NeveR checked fluid levels earlier. Will check for tUrbo And coolant ring chaNge

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks