Search this Thread
Old 22nd July 2016, 09:01   #1261
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by W@nnaR@ce View Post
I was wondering if the TUV 300 mh100 t8 amt better option to buy over duster rxl 110ps?

Proof of the pudding lies in eating it. I would suggest test drive both the cars extensively and decide for yourself which one suits your requirements the most and go for it. Also do consider the service network of both manufacturers in your area while making your final decision.

I could not find the above quoted post of W@nnaR@ce (even using the search).

It depends on what parameters you want to consider as "better option"

For a feature comparison, one does not require a test drive. And for drive-ability and peace of mind, feedbacks from existing owners would be helpful.

For aesthetics and appeal, it makes sense you physically see and sit in the vehicles and take a call.
Old 23rd July 2016, 12:17   #1262
Senior - BHPian

Spotted this TUV test car loaded with heavy dummies on the Chengalpattu highway. Check out the 'Pik up' badges on the side. The rear had the same badge too. Any plans for a TUV based pickup?
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-image.jpeg  

JayD is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2016, 13:10   #1263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Spotted this TUV test car loaded with heavy dummies on the Chengalpattu highway. Check out the 'Pik up' badges on the side. The rear had the same badge too. Any plans for a TUV based pickup?
Great catch! Shall we have sub 4 meter pickups now? How the 1.5l engine fare with load in the cargo bay is to be seen. We might see the 1.99 litre mhawk in this one and that would be awesome.

Too late for me though. My new 100bhp T8 is already in transit

Last edited by mi2n : 23rd July 2016 at 13:12.
Old 24th July 2016, 20:07   #1264
BHPian

Found this article informative.Thought of sharing it

http://www.cartoq.com/five-things-yo...arged-vehicle/
Sirvoicar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 17:46   #1265
BHPian

Guys.. Its that time time of the process for me. Go with insurance on your own or through the dealer. Need your insights on this?
Also what could be the type of coverage to opt for?? Suggestions??
Old 25th July 2016, 18:09   #1266
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayD View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
We might see the 1.99 litre mhawk in this one and that would be awesome
Interesting find. Nothing else seems to have changed except the badge, which could mean that the engine in there is not the 1.5 mHawk. Could be the 1.9 or even the 2.5L Bolero engine which does duty on the bolero pick up. Is that the black TUV or is it grey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
Guys.. Its that time time of the process for me. Go with insurance on your own or through the dealer. Need your insights on this?
Also what could be the type of coverage to opt for?? Suggestions??
Search this thread as this topic was discussed 6-7 months ago. Also do check the insurance queries thread.
Old 25th July 2016, 18:12   #1267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sawah View Post
Go with insurance on your own or through the dealer. Need your insights on this?
Knowledge gleaned from the forums here is that you should transfer your insurance of your older car to this new one, if you have NCB on it and get the benefit on the new car insurance. This is a significant saving and some dealers do not agree to this. If this is your first car, then I am not too sure. Both my cars, I had taken insurance with the dealer in the past.
Old 30th July 2016, 11:46   #1268
Senior - BHPian

As per my scheduled 10K service appointment today, I dropped my Orange Tank for its second free service at Kundan Motors in Chinchwad at 09:00am.

Till the time my regular service advisor appeared on the scene, I was chit-chatting with another TUV owner, who had brought his AMT for the 10K service over there. His car was mostly used on the highway (for ferrying school kids) and had covered 10K kms in 4 months. He was getting good mileage of 16-17 kmpl (tankful method). Only complaint he had was bounciness on second and third row (even if tyre pressure was maintained as low as 28 psi). He had faced absolutely no problems with his AMT.

When job card was prepared I shared my issue list. Besides this and regular servicing, my SA mentioned that my car is listed for a recall on the below 3 points:
  • ABS lamp continuous ON, cable setting
  • Radiator hose replacement (as there were some coolant leakage complaints)
  • EMS data flashing
I guess point#2 above should address the coolant level dropping issue and point#3 should address the knocking (engine getting rough/coarse issue).

As a part of regular service he mentioned the following will be done:
  1. Replace engine oil/oil filter.
  2. Replace differential oil.
  3. Replace transmission oil.
  4. AC vents cleaning
  5. Wheel Alignment & balancing
The estimate for above work came to 5.8K + taxes. I politely informed him to knock off item# 4 & 5. I told him that AC is working fine and any AC work I will get it done before summer. He tried to convince me how important it was, but it was in vain. Also he tried to convince me how important was wheel alignment and balancing. I told him that car is going dead straight, when I take off both hands from steering wheel, so alignment is perfect. No steering vibrations of other noises from tyre, so balancing is also perfect. Net result: The estimate was reduced to 4K + taxes.

I was expecting car to be delivered in 3-4 hours, but due to the recall work I have been committed a delivery @ 04:30pm. Sincerely hoping they stick to their commitment and give back my car with above problems resolved, and of course no new problems induced (fingers tightly crossed). Will keep you guys posted. further details on my ownership thread ---> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post4025115
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 22:28   #1269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sincerely hoping they stick to their commitment and give back my car with above problems resolved, and of course no new problems induced (fingers tightly crossed). Will keep you guys posted.
Got my Orange Tank back @ 06:00pm (instead of the committed delivery time of 04:30pm), due to which the service center scored one point less in the satisfaction feedback, otherwise it would have been a perfect 10. When I went there @ 4pm, car had gone out on a longish trial/test drive & I had to wait 45 minutes for the test driver to arrive. After car arrival he filled up the form and everything was OK and car was queued up for washing.

Car on the platform of automatic washing machineshower
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160730_170330.jpg

Orange Tank enjoying the shower
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160730_171824.jpg

I also saw the accessorized TUV leaving the service centre & I observed that it had undergone wheel rotation. Look at the picture below. Rear left is a steel wheel, while others are alloys. It means the alloy has gone on the back door as a spare. So the spare cover fits well on the alloy wheel. Looking at this I have now planned to source an alloy from the service centre, remove the tyre from steel rim, fit it on the alloy and mount it on the back door as a spare.

The rear is a steel wheel and alloy has gone on back door
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160730_164345.jpg

Before leaving the workshop I inquired about the extended warranty (EW). I was given the below sheet, which had 3 options, SHLD31, SHLD32 & SHLD33. Since I intend to keep the TUV for 5 years, I wanted the additional 2 year extended warranty, besides the company's 3 year, 1,00,000 km standard warranty. So I opted for SHLD32, 4th & 5th year or upto 1,20,000 km. Since I went for the EW beyond 60 days of car purchase but within one year period from date of sale of car, I had to pay Rs 15,656/-. If I had bought the same EW within two months of car purchase I would have saved Rs 575/-. Better late than never

Various extended warranty options
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160730_174839.jpg

When I started driving the car from service centre back to home, I observed that the pick has marginally reduced. On a closer look I observed that the idling rpm has now reduced from earlier 1000 rpm to 800-850 rpm range. Not sure if this has happened due to the EMS software flashing. Earlier on just releasing the clutch pedal the tank used to surge ahead. Also making way through traffic was so very easy, I used to control just on the clutch and brake pedal (without any accelerator input). Now due to decreased idling rpm, I have to be very careful while releasing the clutch pedal, not to stall the car. I think I will take some time getting used to it.

Can't figure out whether it is 800 or 850 rpm now
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160730_211812.jpg

Though the reduced idling rpm is good from mileage perspective, I will have to adjust my driving habits. I will have to observe if the car can pull in second gear at idling rpm when it is fully loaded. Will share my observations in the coming days.

The gear shifts have become very smooth post this service. Will have to take the tank on a long drive to really feel the difference. I was very much impressed with the car washing, vacuuming and interior cleaning. I believe the workshop deploys 3M people to carry out these activities. These people apply some 3M sprays over the hinges, another spray overt the battery terminals, polish the tyres with white paste and sponge. End results a spanking new car.

After a good wash and wipe car left for drying up
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20160730_173007.jpg

Part cost break-up
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-service-breakup-10k.jpg
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 22:34   #1270
BHPian

Took my T8 AMT for 10K service early last week. Fortunately, I haven't faced any issues with my car so far, barring some of the common ones which everyone has faced - occasional rattling in the driver side door and near the passenger air bags, 'whoom whom' sound in slow traffic due to issues with the vacuum modulator etc.; told the SA about these.

Gave the tank at around 10 AM at G3 Motors, Malad, Mumbai and got it back at around 6 PM. The cleaning was OK, the SA said that they have tightened some screws near the passenger air bag and replaced the vacuum modulator. This was replaced during the 3K servicing as well. The airy 'whoom whoom' was quite feeble in my car even otherwise or its psychological; no issues after service on this front. The rattlings do occur once in a while.

The service estimate was quite similar to what AutoIndian mentioned. I think M&M has made it a common practice to up sell AC disinfectant, wheel alignment and balancing etc. and I fell for it.. The total bill came to around 8.5 K but I later noticed that there is a component 'machine shop charges' under labour at 3.5K. I need to check with SA regarding this as the labour in 10K service is free. Other charges were for oil filter, engine oil and transmission oil.

Weekend Trip

Last weekend took the tank for a 500 KM drive to Murud Janjira and Kashid. The tank behaved well on ghats with 7 people on board, jump seats occupied and in heavy rain with a bit of off-roading. Currently cruising at 11K and quite satisfied in general with the tank. The AMT is doing its duty well in the maddening monsoon traffic in Mumbai so far (touchwood).

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc06304.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dsc06317.jpg
rajpvrm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2016, 22:43   #1271
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
Took my T8 AMT for 10K service early last week. Fortunately, I haven't faced any issues with my car so far, barring some of the common ones which everyone has faced - occasional rattling
Good to know rajpvrm that you too are enjoying your tank and not having any major issues with your TUV-AMT

Quote:
The service estimate was quite similar to what AutoIndian mentioned. I think M&M has made it a common practice to up sell AC disinfectant, wheel alignment and balancing etc. and I fell for it.. The total bill came to around 8.5 K but I later noticed that there is a component 'machine shop charges' under labour at 3.5K. I need to check with SA regarding this as the labour in 10K service is free. Other charges were for oil filter, engine oil and transmission oil.
Can you please share your invoice over here, we will try to analyse it. My service advisor and his manager were trying hard to convince me about AC vents cleaning, how it will keep the AC system healthy, blah, blah blah. I said nothing doing. I will service the AC just before the summer and that too if required.

Quote:
Last weekend took the tank for a 500 KM drive to Murud Janjira and Kashid. The tank behaved well on ghats with 7 people on board, jump seats occupied and in heavy rain with a bit of off-roading. Currently cruising at 11K and quite satisfied in general with the tank. The AMT is doing its duty well in the maddening monsoon traffic in Mumbai so far (touchwood).
Good to know that you are having such eventful trips, my Orange Tank is begging for such trips and I will have to plan some sooner than later.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 19:35   #1272
BHPian

My TUV300 T8 AMT 100BHP

Hi All,

Here are few pics of My TUV300 T8 AMT 100BHP. Its been a month since I picked it up and have covered around 2K kms, mostly in city. Took me sometime to get a hang of the size of it (been driving a figo earlier) and the congested roads of South Kolkata didn't help much either. Overall, I'm very happy with the purchase as my daily commute is 30kms to office in peak bumper to bumper traffic and it's been a breeze driving this beast. Not very happy with the speakers, so got them replaced immediately with Polk audio components in front and coax in rear. Few jaunts on the highway and the engine is nicely opening up now and you can feel the 100 horses.

Enjoy the pics

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-13717384_10208271962411527_5728735059540980093_o.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-13724906_10208271962931540_1559070089520395813_o.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-13731867_10208271964851588_8013449504935268875_o.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-13765828_10208271963851563_218563517560214887_o.jpg
gr8guzzler is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 20:45   #1273
Senior - BHPian

Re: My TUV300 T8 AMT 100BHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gr8guzzler View Post
Hi All,

Here are few pics of My TUV300 T8 AMT 100BHP. Enjoy the pics
Nice pictures there . Is the color black or some other color?
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st July 2016, 22:57   #1274
BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,

Here are few pics of My TUV300 T8 AMT 100BHP.
Enjoy the pics
Your tank looks menacing in black. How are the CZARs performing? As you are aware I'm taking delivery shortly and as per SA my tank has arrived today and is shod with Ceat CZARs. I think I noticed the same set in your tank too.

Happy rampaging!
mi2n is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 12:02   #1275
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
On a closer look I observed that the idling rpm has now reduced from earlier 1000 rpm to 800-850 rpm range.
Surprised to see that the EMS module was flashed. Did you check why they were doing this? Also do let us know if the cold start engine knocking has reduced after EMS flash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajpvrm View Post
Currently cruising at 11K and quite satisfied in general with the tank. The AMT is doing its duty well in the maddening monsoon traffic in Mumbai so far (touchwood)
Good to hear positive feedback from an AMT owner. Keep rolling.

Quote:
My TUV300 T8 AMT 100BHP
congratulations gr9guzzler. Do share updates on any issue that you face with your tank. Will be interesting to see if M&M has fixed the common problems listed on this thread here or have they just been plain lethargic.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed