Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2016, 15:01   #1351
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
I will meet the Service Manager for an explanation tomorrow while taking the delivery. If this issue is not permanently resolved this time, I will have to change the service centre/dealer.
And the saga continues

Sireesh Auto kept the Tank for two days to fix coolant leakage issue and also replaced the Fuel Delivery Module. I got the Tank back on 30th Aug evening. After driving about 50 kms, coolant level dropped by an inch. As I had a long drive planned on 3rd Sep, I again went to Sireesh Auto service center on 1st Sep. They replaced the whole coolant and handed me a bill of Rs. 1470/- and reconfirmed that everything is checked and found good. After that we went for a long drive of about 700 kms (round-trip) and noticed that coolant level again dropped by 1.5 inch.

Frustrated with this, I wrote an email to Mahindra Customer Care with Cc to senior Mahindra officials including Pawan Kumar Goenka and Anand Mahindra. After that Mahindra Bangalore office contacted me and took me on a conference call with the Area General Manager of India Garage (another Mahindra dealer). I will be taking the Tank to India Garage service center on Monday 12th Sep for a thorough check up.

I had a Maruti earlier and never had to worry about coolant level during my 6.5 years of ownership, but for TUV300, nowadays, I am checking coolant level every few days as well as during long drives. In addition, carrying one litre of extra coolant in the Tank for any emergency

Last edited by airbus : 10th September 2016 at 15:07. Reason: Minor correction.
airbus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th September 2016, 17:10   #1352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito_parry View Post
Iam keeping my old Santro, a copy of its RC is used to get the discount.

Got the quotes for Accessories list and its prices. What are the essentials that are required? Listed some that are to be on for sure.

1. Floor Mat (Carpet +Rubber Mat)
2. Mud Flaps
3. Seat Covers
4. Reverse Camera - Yet to decide on Dashboard or Mirror Screen.
5. Roof Rack.

Can anyone suggest if its a good idea to get it done at the showroom or in a later market. If its later market suggest a good place in Hyderabad.
Since yours is the T8 version it comes with the reverse assist and the sensors and distance display on HU screen are good enough without any need for a reverse camera. For rest of the four items you would be better off getting them fitted from a good accessories shop rather than form the dealer. Usually dealer prices are at least 1.5 times that of of the local accessories shop prices if not more. You can get information about Hyderabad shops from local TBHP members.

Quote:
And the saga continues

Sireesh Auto kept the Tank for two days to fix coolant leakage issue and also replaced the Fuel Delivery Module. I got the Tank back on 30th Aug evening. After driving about 50 kms, coolant level dropped by an inch. As I had a long drive planned on 3rd Sep, I again went to Sireesh Auto service center on 1st Sep. They replaced the whole coolant and handed me a bill of Rs. 1470/- and reconfirmed that everything is checked and found good. After that we went for a long drive of about 700 kms (round-trip) and noticed that coolant level again dropped by 1.5 inch.
Feeling very sad for you. I am wondering why you were charged Rs. 1470/- for coolant replacement. You should ask for refund of that money. What did they exactly do when they claimed that everything was good?

Quote:
Frustrated with this, I wrote an email to Mahindra Customer Care with Cc to senior Mahindra officials including Pawan Kumar Goenka and Anand Mahindra. After that Mahindra Bangalore office contacted me and took me on a conference call with the Area General Manager of India Garage (another Mahindra dealer). I will be taking the Tank to India Garage service center on Monday 12th Sep for a thorough check up.
I hope at least India Garage is able to give a permanent solution. They are definitely better than Sireesh Auto (as per the feedback from many Bangalore TBHP members). Keep the M&M's Bangalore area manager in loop for all the communication with India Garage. He can tighten the screws on the dealer if things are not falling in place.

Quote:
I had a Maruti earlier and never had to worry about coolant level during my 6.5 years of ownership, but for TUV300, nowadays, I am checking coolant level every few days as well as during long drives. In addition, carrying one litre of extra coolant in the Tank for any emergency
Even in my humble Indica that I used for 11 years & 1.5 lakh kms, I hardly ever had to top up the coolant. Between the 10K service intervals the coolant level would remain rock steady. Even then Good I used to open the bonnet at least once in week and have a peek inside. I understand this can be cumbersome, but better safe than sorry. Do keep us posted about the happenings at India Garage

Friends received this mailer just now. Today is the first anniversary of TUV3OO. Exactly one year back, on this very same day the TUV3OO was launched. 34K copies sold in a year is definitely not a bad figure, but to sustain these figures M&M will have to pull up its socks and those of its vendors as well as service centres.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv300_1ann_08.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv300_1ann_09.jpg

Last edited by AutoIndian : 10th September 2016 at 17:26.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th September 2016, 00:47   #1353
BHPian

Another bad experience with silver jubilee service center at hadapsar.
Had booked a slot and opened job card for minor bumper dent and kud-kud engine noise during very first cranking in morning.
Dropped tank around 10am. received automated sms from mahindra about progress, which was totally fake/unrelevant.
For ex. the tank was just taken to body shop at 6:30pm to initiate the work and same time I get a sms saying tank is ready to be delivered.

I couldnt stop myself from comparing mahindras service qualtiy with maruti services.
Totally disappointed and next time will be going to sahyadri motors at sus road.
Old 11th September 2016, 01:51   #1354
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chetans View Post
For ex. the tank was just taken to body shop at 6:30pm to initiate the work and same time I get a sms saying tank is ready to be delivered..
all dealers do this in my opinion irrespective of the make. I've had the same with cars India, chennai. They have slas for each job and are monitored by the OEM and that is why they play this way. My swift will be ready as per SMS but when I call to say can I pick up they tell me all have left and other stories, please come tomorrow.
Old 12th September 2016, 11:08   #1355

Quote:
Am not exchanging the car, the RC of the old car is used to get the exchange discount.
How do they benefit from taking the photostat of your old RC.
Old 12th September 2016, 11:30   #1356
BHPian

Hello Guys,

During my routine check-up found that the coolant level is on minimum mark. As per my knowledge, the coolant has never been topped up. Now the odo stands at 7.5k. Is this normal ? I asked the SA and was informed my car has a recall for coolant. Wonder why they don't inform the customers until asked.

The reason I am writing here is, I have a trip planned to Indore on Thursday and I have a very busy schedule for that. Is it wise to top up the coolant and go for the drive or it is better to get the problem fixed ? If I have to top up the coolant, what brand and make do we use ?
Old 12th September 2016, 13:59   #1357
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post

I asked the SA and was informed my car has a recall for coolant. Wonder why they don't inform the customers until asked.

The reason I am writing here is, I have a trip planned to Indore on Thursday and I have a very busy schedule for that. Is it wise to top up the coolant and go for the drive or it is better to get the problem fixed ? If I have to top up the coolant, what brand and make do we use ?
The recall is for hose thermostat inlet. If I remember correctly, it is a red recall, ideally that should be taken care immediately, but not sure why Mahindra is not calling the owners for this recall. For me condition became worse after hose replacement, so don't want to give a suggestion. Today my tank is visiting service centre for the fifth time for coolant leakage issue
Old 12th September 2016, 14:28   #1358
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
During my routine check-up found that the coolant level is on minimum mark. As per my knowledge, the coolant has never been topped up. Now the odo stands at 7.5k. Is this normal ? I asked the SA and was informed my car has a recall for coolant. Wonder why they don't inform the customers until asked.
Most of us have had the same experience. The coolant level dropped by about an inch during the first 7-8K kms. So this can be termed as normal as far as TUV is concerned, but not acceptable because coolant level should remain unchanged between two oil change services. The recall is for coolant return hose replacement. Out of the 6 parts replaced till date in my TUV, I did not receive a proactive call for any of those (barring the ABS sensor cable). All were done either during 3K service or 10K service, when they checked in their DMS system if my car was in the list of cars having to undergo any recalls.

Quote:
If there is no other issue with your car, I would suggest carry a one litre premixed coolant can with you (just in case of any emergency), make - MAXIMILE ULTRACOOL 1 LTR can and get the hose replacement done after your trip or during 10K service. That way if any other issues crop up during or after your trip, you won't have to visit the service centre multiple times.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 18:41   #1359
Distinguished - BHPian

It has been 1 year since the launch of the TUV and I managed to do a quick comparison of other SUVs which were launched around the same time.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-comp2.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-comp1.jpg

Some interesting points:
  • The average sales of TUV is higher than that of the S Cross
  • S Cross & TUV show a declining trend over the last few months while the other 3 keep going from strength to strength
  • Creta & Brezza managed to clock 35+K units in little less than 6 months from launch while the TUV managed the same in a year

What is interesting to me is the fact that Creta has managed to consistently sell ~7.5K units month on month like clockwork.IMHO Hyundai seem to have got their marketing & sales bang on and this is driving the numbers. Unfortunately Mahindra is still stuck in the mud and they only seem to be plodding their way through some questionable strategy (Nuvosport anyone?). The brezza is capitalising on the reach & network of the market leader and positioning itself as the 'swift' of this decade.

While Mahindra celebrates the 34K units that they sold over the last 12 months, its time they wake up to the sad reality of their dealer/service network. Customers going back over and over again for the same problem is plain bullshit in today's day and age and its just sad that Mahindra does not care about it. I wonder how many potential customers they loose every year to bad customer feedback? If someone were to put a rupee figure to that, I am sure it would turn out to be a staggering amount of money. While I am completely satisfied with the TUV (barring a few small niggles) if somone were to ask me if they should buy one, I would hesitate a little and then caveat my recommendation. This small doubt is more than enough to shoo away the average buyer, who will end up buying a maruti or hyundai.

Quote:
Today my tank is visiting service centre for the fifth time for coolant leakage issue
Sad to hear this airbus. Maybe you should go along with your tank and actually stand with the technicians and ask what is being done. I have done this for every recall and problem that I have had with my tank and this ensures that I get work done to my satisfaction and dont have to keep going back for the same issue.
procrj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th September 2016, 19:48   #1360
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
[*] The average sales of TUV is higher than that of the S Cross[*] S Cross & TUV show a declining trend over the last few months while the other 3 keep going from strength to strength
I would not really include the S-Cross there at all. Its a totally different category in your list of other vehicles.

Secondly, If I were to include S-Cross, I wont forget to add Toyota Etios Cross, Cross Polo, i20 Active there.

Of course, we can go on and on to in redefining what an SUV is then the game will include other interesting players/Models as well

Last edited by paragsachania : 12th September 2016 at 19:50.
paragsachania is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 14:10   #1361
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
If there is no other issue with your car, I would suggest carry a one litre premixed coolant can with you (just in case of any emergency), make - MAXIMILE ULTRACOOL 1 LTR can and get the hose replacement done after your trip or during 10K service. That way if any other issues crop up during or after your trip, you won't have to visit the service centre multiple times.
According to my SA, my car has a recall for fuel pump. I had specifically checked for this on my last visit to service center and there was no recall flashing at that time.

My SA advised me to get it replaced and then do the drive, so I have delayed my trip by a day. I am not very comfortable taking the car on a long drive immediately after service center visit. Hope all goes well.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th September 2016, 22:13   #1362

It is sad to hear about so many issues cropping up in TUV 300, despite it being a good product by Mahindra. Can someone compile a list of niggles and issues that TUV has faced till date, for which recall was done or no recall was done, which can be mailed to Mahindra. Its high time now-either Mahindra will have to correct these issues immediately or the product will fade into oblivion.
Old 14th September 2016, 21:09   #1363
BHPian

Quote:
Will update a final price once the negotiations are done.
Finally could get the discount on the Insurance. Final price and break up as below. No accessories are taken from the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by akchd View Post
How do they benefit from taking the photostat of your old RC.
They are using the RC photocopy of my old car and showing that as if i have exchanged my car with them and providing the discount. I have agreed until it does not pose any problems at a later stage and even i do not see any in future by just providing them a photocopy.

"Blue BOLT" is now in the stock yard and am going in for an inspection tomorrow to get the first look. Eager and excited.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-breakup-update.jpg  

vito_parry is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 21:53   #1364
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Finally could get the discount on the Insurance. Final price and break up as below. No accessories are taken from the dealer.
The final on-road price of 10.10 lakhs is really a very good deal. However there was more scope for further reduction in insurance. 41K is still a very high amount. Nevertheless carry the comprehensive TBHP PDI checklist with you when you go to the stockyard tomorrow. All the best to you for the PDI and ultimately the delivery.
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 22:13   #1365
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
The final on-road price of 10.10 lakhs is really a very good deal. However there was more scope for further reduction in insurance. 41K is still a very high amount. Nevertheless carry the comprehensive TBHP PDI checklist with you when you go to the stockyard tomorrow. All the best to you for the PDI and ultimately the delivery.
Got a discount of 4000 on insurance which is now at 37k after which the price is 10.10 lakhs. Just got the update that tomorrow is a holiday for the dealership due to ganesh nimargan in hyderabad, so have to wait until Friday.

And yes the PDI list is handy.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks