Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st January 2017, 22:25   #1546
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Can you give the break-up of the above amount of Rs 18645...
Here you go. I might opt out of the "Consumables" Add-on but still go ahead with the "Engine Protector". Comments welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-future-generali-quote-1.jpg  

rishee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2017, 12:25   #1547
Senior - BHPian

No post on this thread for the last 14 days , looks very weird. Let me break the jinx on this Valentine's day. Hope you all TUV owners are enjoying your rides with your love and it is keeping you happy

Got a call from my service centre about reminder for my 20K service. Current odo is at 19.2K kms.

The lady at the other end also mentioned that Mahindra has planned for a Mega Service camp from 18th Feb to 26th Feb in which they are offering 75 point check-up, giving 5% discount on part charges and 10% discount on labor charges

I told her that my service is due in which labor in any case is free. She agreed to it and mentioned that I can take an appointment for a date even after the Mega camp once I complete 20K on my odo. She mentioned that the first three free services are valid till 2 years from purchase (so for me it will be valid till Nov-2017). As of now, I have booked the 20K service appointment for 11th March. So not sure if I would be able to take the benefit of the Mega Camp.

Any idea if it would be beneficial to get the service done in Mega camp or after that?
Old 15th February 2017, 18:11   #1548
BHPian

Quote:
No post on this thread for the last 14 days , looks very weird. Let me break the jinx on this Valentine's day. Hope you all TUV owners are enjoying your rides with your love and it is keeping you happy
Hello AutoIndian,

TUV indeed is running like a charm, Guess all the initial worries are over. I see quiet a lot of 'brothers' of my tank these days on road.

Mine is approaching 15k. I had got my driver side seat fixed for kach kach noise while going in potholes. No other niggle other than that.

I have planned a trip to Alibaug coming weekend. Looking forward to another good drive. TUV is truly a highway companion which is very well suited for city as well.
Old 15th February 2017, 18:23   #1549
BHPian

Sorry the edit button had no attachment option, hence another post.

Came across these pictures from another thread. Posting it here for TUV lovers.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv1.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv2.jpg

The original thread is here

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...17-800-ft.html

Very well written and proves TUV is a capable vehicle for difficult terrains. Though I must admit, I get worried of rear tire spins in lose gravel at times.
TaurusAl is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 09:05   #1550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if it would be beneficial to get the service done in Mega camp or after that?
I think it would depend on the rush at the service center during the camp. IMHO, you might be better off getting it serviced after the camp as my guess is that during the camp, focus will be on volumes. The last thing you want is a hurried technician ruining something in your car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Very well written and proves TUV is a capable vehicle for difficult terrains. Though I must admit, I get worried of rear tire spins in lose gravel at times.
Would love to drive my dwarf to North Sikkim someday

My dwarf has not seen much use after my Pondy trip last month thanks to work. But tomorrow the dwarf will stretch its legs and take me to Badami for 4 days of heritage hunting.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 10:00   #1551

Came across this picture of a TUV on the official Facebook page of Tuv300. It looks awesome.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-16640925_10211689599892480_1011092070222443043_n.jpg  

akchd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 12:39   #1552
Senior - BHPian

I am loosing about 5 mm coolant in a month. Is this normal for TUV3OO?

Last edited by airbus : 20th February 2017 at 12:40. Reason: Minor correction.
Old 20th February 2017, 16:42   #1553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
How much do you drive your car monthly?

Quote:
Originally Posted by akchd View Post
Came across this picture of a TUV on the official Facebook page of Tuv300. It looks awesome.
This is standard kit that is being sold by Mahindra. The plastic (yes it looks like cheap plastic) quality leaves a lot to be desired.
I certainly would love the ENDEAVOR kit that was showcased last year at one of the auto shows. Again the quality of plastic will matter.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2017, 16:53   #1554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post

How much do you drive your car monthly?
Normally I drive about 600 to 700 km/month, when there is no outstation trip.
Old 20th February 2017, 22:37   #1555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbus View Post
Obviously this is not normal. Go to the service center and ask them to check all the hose connections. If you can recollect my post in the first week of Nov-2016, I had the same coolant leakage problem which was fixed by tightening the hose clamp that goes from radiator to engine and coolant replacement done under warranty. Car has been driven for 6.5K kms (in 3.5 months) since then and haven't faced this problem again.

You can refer that post --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4085765
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 11:26   #1556
BHPian

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-offroad.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-team-bhp1.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-teambhp2.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-offroad2.jpg

Did some off-roading on Korlai Fort in Revdanda near Mumbai.

Tank behaved exceptionally well. Although I was very skeptical and never let it halt in big craters.

It just glided over rough mountain stretches.
TaurusAl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 18:29   #1557
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Nice to see that not many new issues are getting reported in the group. I am sure TUV is turning out to be really good VFM and reasonably reliable product barring the initial niggles reported. About my TUV, it has been a predictable experience so far , it has clocked around 15K now, did not get a chance to drive much since the new year due to work. Of-late, I have noticed a drop in the coolant level and the sagging seat belt issue, I hope to get these rectified soon.

Due to tight budget while purchasing the vehicle, I bought the T4+ variant vowing that by the time the vehicle hits 15 - 20 K on the odo I will specifically upgrade the wheels. So now I have started looking around for wheels both alloy and steel (since I am not very keen on alloys). IMHO I think TUV is under tyred(wheeled) with 15 inch wheels so I am also looking to up size the wheel as well. I am ready to compromise on the cushioning effect that would be lost due to the reduction in the side wall of the tyres as my usage is mostly in the urban jungle and the highways

So if any one has experience of changing the tyres or upsizing the wheels for the TUV please do suggest & share your observations & issues. I am seriously considering using 17 inch wheels from the new Scorpio (which for obvious reasons has the same PCD 114.3 as the TUV, unlike the old Scorpio that had a higher PCD) with 235/60R17 tyres.

Cheers,
Sathya
Old 21st February 2017, 22:35   #1558
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Nice to see that not many new issues are getting reported in the group. I am sure TUV is turning out to be really good VFM and reasonably reliable product barring the initial niggles reported.
Even I have the same observation, the issues reported over the last couple of months have dwindled, the only prominent one being the coolant level reduction. Although long term reliability is still a question, it does not at least have any serious issues like the XUV had in its initial years after launch, viz brake grinding noise, power steering failure, just to name a few.
Quote:
About my TUV, it has been a predictable experience so far , it has clocked around 15K now, did not get a chance to drive much since the new year due to work. Of-late, I have noticed a drop in the coolant level and the sagging seat belt issue, I hope to get these rectified soon.
As suggested by me above get all the hose connections checked thoroughly. The coolant might be leaking from one of the loose clamps. Get it tightened and this should fix the issue.
Quote:
So now I have started looking around for wheels both alloy and steel (since I am not very keen on alloys). IMHO I think TUV is under tyred(wheeled) with 15 inch wheels so I am also looking to up size the wheel as well. I am ready to compromise on the cushioning effect that would be lost due to the reduction in the side wall of the tyres as my usage is mostly in the urban jungle and the highways
You can look out for alloys, but I would suggest stick to the OEM tyre size. Haven’t you heard the horror stories of Innova Crysta owners? Many of them have reported tyre bursts by just going over some pot holes or kerbs, which they otherwise thought would'nt have much impact on the tyres. Culprit, the top end Crysta comes shod with 215/55 R17 sized tyres. Such low tyre profile for a 1.8 tonner has proven to be a disaster. The tyre sidewall height comes out to be merely 118 mm. Now compare this with the TUV’s 215/75 R15, gives the tyre sidewall height of 161.3, almost 43 + 43 = 86 mm of extra rubber for TUV, which is again a heavy vehicle (close to 1.6 tonnes), gives that cushy ride and is a saviour for tyres on our pothole ridden roads.

Quote:
So if any one has experience of changing the tyres or upsizing the wheels for the TUV please do suggest & share your observations & issues. I am seriously considering using 17 inch wheels from the new Scorpio (which for obvious reasons has the same PCD 114.3 as the TUV, unlike the old Scorpio that had a higher PCD) with 235/60R17 tyres.
The Scorpio's tyre would be an overkill. So my suggestion is go for new rims but please stick to the OEM tyre size. It has been designed so with a purpose.
AutoIndian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 10:56   #1559
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
Attachment 1610986

Did some off-roading on Korlai Fort in Revdanda near Mumbai.

Tank behaved exceptionally well. Although I was very skeptical and never let it halt in big craters.

It just glided over rough mountain stretches.
Nice scenic place. In the first photo, what is that wire dangling down form the IRVM ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Of-late, I have noticed a drop in the coolant level and the sagging seat belt issue, I hope to get these rectified soon.

Due to tight budget while purchasing the vehicle, I bought the T4+ variant vowing that by the time the vehicle hits 15 - 20 K on the odo I will specifically upgrade the wheels.
I am seriously considering using 17 inch wheels from the new Scorpio (which for obvious reasons has the same PCD 114.3 as the TUV, unlike the old Scorpio that had a higher PCD) with 235/60R17 tyres.
Sathyasuri, as AutoIndian had mentioned above, I think you should stick to the stock wheels. Get a set of OEM alloys for the 4 running tyres. I saw an unused set on OLX for Rs 19000/. Dont know if it is still available.
I have always been wary of using tubeless tyres on a steel rim.

I think changing over to 235x60x17" will only enhance the looks. Ride quality will be affected, odometer and speedometer readings will be faulty. Chances of the front tyres brushing against the wind deflectors in front of the tyres are high while turning, due to the added width.
This upgrade will also set you back by atleast Rs 50000/ for a set of 4 tyres. (spare tyre - same old 15")
If you are changing over to alloys, another minimum of Rs 30000/ for that.
I am not aware of the steel rims cost, but that too would not be less than Rs 10000/ for a set of 4.
So that is a minimum investment of Rs 60000/.

Instead change over to OEM 15" alloys using the present tyres, get a RD tuning box and enjoy the 118 BHP / 320 nM torque TUV.

And for the rest of the money, give me a call. We will find a way to finish it off.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2017, 11:31   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Nice scenic place. In the first photo, what is that wire dangling down form the IRVM ?
That's the wire which powers my GoPro which doubles as a dashcam.
TaurusAl is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks