Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2017, 13:02   #1591
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

After months of deliberations, multiple long test drives, swinging between yes and no, and many more thoughts, finally booked a silver T8 100bhp today. Asked them specifically for May manufactured vehicle. Month end is what I have been told for delivery. Already named it QuickSilver.

~ambuj
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 14:18   #1592
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
After months of deliberations, multiple long test drives, swinging between yes and no, and many more thoughts, finally booked a silver T8 100bhp today. Asked them specifically for May manufactured vehicle. Month end is what I have been told for delivery. Already named it QuickSilver.

~ambuj
Congratulations ambujlal . Welcome to the clan of TUV Owners. So how much is the on-road price and what is the break-up of that?
Old 29th April 2017, 14:29   #1593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Congratulations ambujlal . Welcome to the clan of TUV Owners. So how much is the on-road price and what is the break-up of that?
Thank you

On road is coming to 10.6 including bumper to bumper insurance.

Ex-showroom was 9.29, a 34k cash discount. Road tax of 1.39 and insurance of 25k. Plus some registration charges. Some free accessories here and there which is nothing to write about
ambujlal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 15:09   #1594
Senior - BHPian

On a side note, few days back I had sent a nasty e-mail to CUSTOMERCARE@mahindra.com, on Seat Belt issue on my TUV3OO-T8 not resolved since last 1.5 years. I voiced my frustration that even after giving my service center umpteen reminders, they have not fixed it. Each time I have been told that the seat belts are not in stock. They will place an order and will inform me once the belts are available, which they never do. Within 14 hours I received a response from
Customer Care-Automotive Division
Quote:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for writing to us. Regret for the inconvenience caused to you.

We are requesting our Customer Care Manager copied in this mail to look into your reported concern and take necessary action as required.

Kindly bear with us in the meanwhile.

Thanks & Regards,
XXXX XXXXX

Customer Care-Automotive Division
Within 6 minutes of the above e-mail I received a response from the Area Manager- Customer Care to confirm my contact number and meanwhile, he would be arranging for seat belts for my TUV and update me shortly.

Same day afternoon I received a call from my service center, again apologizing for not being able to fix my issue and asked me when I can bring my car to the workshop. I asked them to give me an appointment for Saturday (i.e. today) for 09:00am. Today morning I reached the workshop at 09:30 am, job card was prepared. The actual work on the car started only at 10:30 am. They removed both the front seats and the side panel that houses the belt. The mechanic informed me that some yellow colored cable/ wire was fouling with the seat belt and there was a TSB (Technical Service Bulletin), which advised to re-route this wire. Two hours were spent in opening the panel re-routing the wire and putting the panel back in place.

Finally when the car was handed back to me, to my utter dismay the belts were still not retracting on their own. I simply wasted 3 hours of my weekend at the workshop without the desired outcome. I showed this to the Service Manager and he too acknowledged it. I refused to fill the satisfaction form and accept the token gift that the customer care lady was planning to handover to me. The TSB is all crap and M&M does not seem to be in a position fix a seemingly minor problem like this. The Service Manager promised me that new belts will be ordered and I will be informed soon. However now I have lost all hope about this issue getting fixed and I am not going to allow them to remove the seats and panel once again. I am ready to live with this issue throughout the useful life of my TUV.

I am planning to write back to the Area Manager- Customer Care and see what he has to say.
AutoIndian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th April 2017, 16:08   #1595
BHPian

Had an opportunity to drive the TUV300 recently over a short drive.

The space available is impressive, however the ride quality was far from pleasant, a deal breaker certainly.

And it definitely does not feel like a 10+ lakhs vehicle. It is overpriced.

The above experience is also a downer for potential buyers.
Old 29th April 2017, 16:27   #1596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trek View Post
Had an opportunity to drive the TUV300 recently over a short drive.

The space available is impressive, however the ride quality was far from pleasant, a deal breaker certainly.

And it definitely does not feel like a 10+ lakhs vehicle. It is overpriced.

The above experience is also a downer for potential buyers.
Couple of questions trek.
  • Was this the first time you were driving a BoF (Body On Frame) vehicle or you have driven other BOF car earlier? If yes please mention, which one.
  • Which is the car you are driving currently?
Since I made a transition from an Innova to a TUV, I was pretty comfortable with the ride quality. In fact the ride quality of the TUV is better than that of the Innova due to the high profile tyres. Yes there is lateral movement when you go over undulations or go cross over speed breakers, but then this is a common trait of any BoF vehicle.
Old 29th April 2017, 22:54   #1597
BHPian

Currently drive a Tata Indigo and have driven Innova multiple times earlier.

Found the TUV to be very bumpy over paved roads. Mahindra could do well by sorting it out and also providing seat height adjustment as standard on such a wide and tall vehicle.
Old 30th April 2017, 15:18   #1598
BHPian

Quote:
...However now I have lost all hope about this issue getting fixed and I am not going to allow them to remove the seats and panel once again. I am ready to live with this issue throughout the useful life of my TUV...
Ditto here Autoindian. My driver side belt was replaced as it (strangely SA refused to accept that passenger side belt was not retracting) completely failed to retract about two months back, a new one was ordered and replaced but it's behaviour is only marginally better. I pointed out to the SA that it was due to the projection/ bulge in the lower half of the panel covering the seat belt and he accepted it. Most of the times I find the seat belt jammed between this panel and the seat.

On the positive side, I purposefully did a 612 km run in the ECO mode . It really seems to work as far as a fuel consumption is concerned. The TUV returned a fuel consumption figures of 16.8kmpl with 3 adults and 3 kids with the boot loaded fully, AC working hard in Chennai and further south's heat and some bumper to bumper traffic for about 15 Km. I would get about 14.5 Kmpl in the normal mode under such conditions.
About the driving experience, I would say it was relaxed, the acceleration was very progressive, climbs to 80kmph at an ok rate from then on it is super relaxed. In one section of the trip where the roads are winding(Thiruvarur to Kumbakonam) I was able to learn some new ways to carrying the momentum with minimal braking. I am sure the brake pads would have been very happy during this trip .

Last edited by sathyasuri : 30th April 2017 at 15:40. Reason: Missed out content on the eco mode driving experience.
sathyasuri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2017, 19:44   #1599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Ditto here Autoindian. My driver side belt was replaced as it (strangely SA refused to accept that passenger side belt was not retracting) completely failed to retract about two months back, a new one was ordered and replaced but it's behaviour is only marginally better. I pointed out to the SA that it was due to the projection/ bulge in the lower half of the panel covering the seat belt and he accepted it. Most of the times I find the seat belt jammed between this panel and the seat.
Something is majorly wrong in the seat belt retracting mechanism design. In my Indica, which I used for 11 years, I never had this kind of problem, not even in my Innova. Moreover most of the times the seat belt buckle gets entangled between the seat side and the inside plastic panel of B pillar. M&M should seriously look into this design flaw and get it rectified.

Quote:
On the positive side, I purposefully did a 612 km run in the ECO mode . It really seems to work as far as a fuel consumption is concerned. The TUV returned a fuel consumption figures of 16.8kmpl with 3 adults and 3 kids with the boot loaded fully, AC working hard in Chennai and further south's heat and some bumper to bumper traffic for about 15 Km. I would get about 14.5 Kmpl in the normal mode under such conditions.
About the driving experience, I would say it was relaxed, the acceleration was very progressive, climbs to 80kmph at an ok rate from then on it is super relaxed. In one section of the trip where the roads are winding(Thiruvarur to Kumbakonam) I was able to learn some new ways to carrying the momentum with minimal braking. I am sure the brake pads would have been very happy during this trip .
Thanks for sharing that Sathyasuri. I never imagined this 1.6 tonner can return this kind of mileage. Even I have a 600+ km trip lined up over the next week end and I am surely going to give it a try, driving in ECO mode. I had only once tried driving in ECO mode within the city. The dull throttle response put me off. Since now I have adopted a more relaxed style of driving I can live with the muted throttle response.
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 18:39   #1600
BHPian

Hello Everyone,

I had yet another successful trip from Mumbai to Goa and back. This being by 5th in TUV in one year, I am loving the vehicle on highway runs.

This time I crossed 140 mark a couple of times on very very empty stretches and TUV does these speeds with ease. Although I never stay above 100 for more than a minute or so, and don't intend to drive so fast, was pleasantly surprised that the engine is very capable. Mine is AMT 81 BHP.

One little concern / query that I have. I tried parking the TUV on rough terrain in Goa, and again experienced the wheel spins. Almost got stuck, but luckily 3 well-built guys were walking buy and a gentle push forward by them helped me get out of the tricky situation.

I have been reading on Facebook page of TUV, some people have got the rear suspension changed. Mine being from the very first lot, guess I need to get this done. Newer TUVs don't suffer from this problem. So anyone from this forum has any idea how do I go about this ? Or anyone of us have got the rear suspension changed already and how does the car feel now ? Please update the experience.
TaurusAl is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 19:35   #1601
BHPian

Mahindra has apparently started testing a "MLD" for the TUV3OO. Owners complaining about the infamous wheel-spin issue have started getting the new part replaced free of cost under warranty.

Sharing a couple of pictures received from owners :

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-1.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-2.jpg

Last edited by mi2n : 1st May 2017 at 19:38.
mi2n is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 1st May 2017, 19:56   #1602
Senior - BHPian

Anyone know the front/ rear weight distribution of the TUV?

Regards
Sutripta
Old 1st May 2017, 21:05   #1603
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The TSB is all crap and M&M does not seem to be in a position fix a seemingly minor problem like this
Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
but it's behaviour is only marginally better
The seatbelt quality is crap. Less than a month after replacing my seatbelts, they failed to retract. Now using WD40 to ensure that it retracts partially. Decided to live with it as long as its not impacting performance.

Quote:
On the positive side, I purposefully did a 612 km run in the ECO mode
Wow! you sure do have a lot of patience. I am so used to the torque flow in normal mode and cant get used to the damped reaction from the engine in Eco mode. Feels like I'm driving a M800 loaded with sacks full of potatoes in the rear seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Mahindra has apparently started testing a "MLD" for the TUV3OO
Now that is good news but I shudder to think of M&M asking service centres to retrofit this for existing TUV owners. I dont even think M&M will offer this to old owners, they might just launch a T10 model on the second anniversary with the MLD and maybe some other cosmetics like DRLs and mood lighting.

All said and done, We just need to live with the niggles and hope that nothing major goes kaput - like the dual mass flywheel or the Turbo!

OT: Last week when I was at IG MASS, saw a couple of KUV diesels with failed turbos, which resulted in the engine going kaput. Both were waiting for replacement engines. Such pain for the owners who will surely have to wait a long time for engines to be shipped to bangalore.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2017, 20:03   #1604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post

Now that is good news but I shudder to think of M&M asking service centres to retrofit this for existing TUV owners. I dont even think M&M will offer this to old owners, they might just launch a T10 model on the second anniversary with the MLD and maybe some other cosmetics like DRLs and mood lighting.

All said and done, We just need to live with the niggles and hope that nothing major goes kaput - like the dual mass flywheel or the Turbo!
They are offering this to older models as well is what I read on Facebook page. I am not getting time to call them up and check due to very hectic schedules. I will do so and update you all soon. Meanwhile if anyone has contacted them and got the answer on this regard may please update how to go about it.
Old 3rd May 2017, 00:13   #1605
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaurusAl View Post
They are offering this to older models as well is what I read on Facebook page.
Please do share the facebook page link.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks