Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2017, 19:52   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Thank you foe the inputs AutoIndian. I use my tank everyday. Is this the one you were referring to ?

Jopasu Car Duster https://www.amazon.in/dp/B00RJQ8XHU/..._CoRlzbZB4KK26
Yes, that is the one I was referring. I have been using it since last three years and I can swear by its effectiveness to remove dust. But beware not to use it on wet surface (wax and water don't go hand-in-hand), otherwise there would be smudge marks all over the place. For a wet surface use microfibre towel/ cloth (available from Jopasu, 3M, Maguiar etc)
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 08:05   #1667
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Yes, that is the one I was referring. I have been using it since last three years and I can swear by its effectiveness to remove dust. But beware not to use it on wet surface (wax and water don't go hand-in-hand), otherwise there would be smudge marks all over the place. For a wet surface use microfibre towel/ cloth (available from Jopasu, 3M, Maguiar etc)
Done, ordered one on amazon today.
Old 1st June 2017, 10:33   #1668
BHPian

Hi mi2n, the teaser pic is great, waiting for your travelogue.

Good to know that tank behaved well on the trip. Regarding MLD swap I know that wheel spin issue is not what we face everyday with tank, its only in some tricky situations that it gets stuck especially when driving alone without much weight at rear end.

Its been a week I swapped MLD and now the drive is more confident over the potholed roads, uneven inclines as there is peace of mind that tank can pull off even when one wheel is airborne.

Have tried to do some offroading and its really a great feature to have especially when driving alone with no or minimal weight at rear end.

No niggles as of now (touch wood), as we can still see the "trial" sticker pasted on the MLD assembly and people are hesitant to swap it, but once trial is over and any communication from M&M for change one should go for it, in my personal opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mi2n View Post
Just got back from a short and sweet trip to Sikkim. The Tank performed superbly all through. Easily mastering slush, deep ruts, bad roads and steep inclines without breaking a sweat. I'm holding off on swapping to MLD as I did not face a single instance of wheel spin even on the most susceptible situations. Leaving a teaser picture here in hope of being able to write a full travelogue soon

Attachment 1644046
Old 1st June 2017, 10:47   #1669
BHPian

Few initial observations on AMT Tank....it clocked 2250kms

1) I am getting an average mileage of 10 KMPL in city with full AC. Is this same for fellow AMT users?

2) Slight vibration and noice at the driver end window. When asked the SA, he said it is same with all TUV's which I found total nonsense and does not make any sense. Anyone facing same issue? Any solution?

3) Sometimes the car is shifting directly to 5th gear from 3rd gear. This is weird. Anyone facing same issues?

Any comments on above?

Quote:
Just got back from a short and sweet trip to Sikkim. The Tank performed superbly all through. Easily mastering slush, deep ruts, bad roads and steep inclines without breaking a sweat. I'm holding off on swapping to MLD as I did not face a single instance of wheel spin even on the most susceptible situations. Leaving a teaser picture here in hope of being able to write a full travelogue soon

Attachment 1644046
Awesome teaser min2n, can't wait for the travelogue.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st June 2017 at 12:55. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please see the FAQs about using the MULTI-QUOTE feature...
Old 1st June 2017, 10:55   #1670
BHPian

Took the delivery yesterday evening and drove back home in Bangalore traffic. Immediately realized that I need to do some calf muscle exercises

The feeling of driving home a new car after 10 years was a bliss. The delivery process was pretty smooth with Sireesh Auto. They took care of minute details and in the end, it was a happy experience. The car was spanking clean and well polished with the all the accessories and number plate fitted. Their showroom driver went and got the car fueled from the nearby fuel pump (hardly 100 meters from the showroom) using the fuel coupon they provide.

The first impressions of the drive were good but at the same time could feel the new engine harshness. Hope it would reduce with time. Felt the noise insulation to be decent. The ride seemed bit bumpy, need to check the tyre pressure that the showrooms folks gave the vehicle with.

Hoping for a trouble free ownership! Thanks to everyone who answered my questions during the decision phase

Last edited by ambujlal : 1st June 2017 at 10:57.
ambujlal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 10:56   #1671
BHPian

Quote:
Looks like M&M has come up with its online portal, called "m2all" for car accessories, spare parts, merchandise etc. Received a mailer regarding this today morning. Here is the link --> https://www.m2all.com/autocare/car-a...rs/tuv300.html

Putting some pictures here for the various accessories. Sadly TUV spare parts are not listed on this portal. Hope they do it in the coming days.
Just now ordered Sun Shades from m2all website. It costed 1299, aftermarket were also charging same amount for 6 shades. This one from m2all has only 4 shades, but hopefully this one will be of better quality compared to aftermarket ones. Will share the pics ones delivered to me

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambujlal View Post
Took the delivery yesterday evening and drove back home in Bangalore traffic. Immediately realized that I need to do some calf muscle exercises

The feeling of driving home a new car after 10 years was a bliss. The delivery process was pretty smooth with Sireesh Auto. They took care of minute details and in the end, it was a happy experience. The car was spanking clean and well polished with the all the accessories and number plate fitted. Their showroom driver went and got the car fueled from the nearby fuel pump (hardly 100 meters from the showroom) using the fuel coupon they provide.

The first impressions of the drive were good but at the same time could feel the new engine harshness. Hope it would reduce with time. Felt the noise insulation to be decent. The ride seemed bit bumpy, need to check the tyre pressure that the showrooms folks gave the vehicle with.

Hoping for a trouble free ownership! Thanks to everyone who answered my questions during the decision phase
Congratulations ambujlal. Please do share some pics of your new tank.

Last edited by Rehaan : 1st June 2017 at 12:54. Reason: Merging consecutive posts. Please see the FAQs about using the MULTI-QUOTE feature...
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 12:21   #1672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Exactly my thoughts. Another very serious possibility is abuse of vehicle.

Just recently, a friend wanted to TD my TUV but I got late and meanwhile he asked nearest the Mahindra Showroom for TD vehicle.
They immediately sent one, which looked like somebody's vehicle as it had all assorted ornaments that someone places on dashboard or hang by IRVM.
By the time my friend finished his TD, I also arrived and asked the Mahindra guy about this TUV, he was pretty clueless and said that he had brought the vehicle from service center.
I gave piece of my mind to my SA who works in same M.S.S and questioned him as how could I now trust them about safety & security of my vehicle during next service.

So I suggest that since your TUV is drivable, take it back & then give it when the bumper has arrived.

Regards-Sonu
Hey Sonu, really shocked with this. Seriously these people should learn some ethics. Luckily I dropped my vehicle at a Mahindra service center which only deals with body damages and are far away from showroom. At my location there is a showroom, then service center is located at a different place and then body workshop which only deals with accident vehicles and repairs, this workshop does not service vehicles. I also took a note of odo meter when I left my vehicle at the workshop. If there is any major changes in the readings, they will get a piece of my mind for sure.

Also got a call from the workshop today morning, they said they already started denting work and waiting for bumper to be delivered. Hopefully will get my tank back by next week.
Old 1st June 2017, 13:57   #1673
BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations ambujlal. Please do share some pics of your new tank.
Thanks Ram! Couldn't take any pics of the beast without folks around. There was so much happening all around. Would click some pics soon. Till then, Princess and the beast
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170531_165021671_hdr.jpg  

ambujlal is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 14:51   #1674
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Ram! Couldn't take any pics of the beast without folks around. There was so much happening all around. Would click some pics soon. Till then, Princess and the beast
Very cute....the silver beast looks dashing. Once again congratulations and do share your intial views on tank.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 15:01   #1675
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congratulations on taking the delivery of your tank

Quote:
Once the run-in period is complete and the engine-transmission bed in properly, the harshness with reduce. Check the tyre pressure asap. Showrooms are known to overinflate the tyres. It should be around 33-34 psi for smooth ride.

Quote:
Wonderful picture there, both your Princess and the beast look awesome. Click many more pictures and start your separate ownership thread. Here's wishing you many happy (s)miles with your tank
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2017, 19:28   #1676
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looks like M&M has come up with its online portal, called "m2all" for car accessories, spare parts, merchandise etc. Received a mailer regarding this today morning. Here is the link --> https://www.m2all.com/autocare/car-a...rs/tuv300.html
I checked some of the shown parts at a local accessories shop at Borivali, that I have been frequenting since 2007.
I was interested in side moldings, rear spoiler & scuff plates so they showed me parts by COOZO. The parts have better finish than similar parts that I had seen at M.S.S. accessories shop.
Unfortunately my mobile was at 5% battery & did not allow Camera to operate. I will be again going there on Saturday & will try to get photos.
Must say that COOZO 3D mats are worth buying at 1800-2200/.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 09:42   #1677
BHPian

What tyre pressure are fellow members maintaining in the TUV,
recommended is 35 psi. I go for 35 psi only.
With 35 psi the ride is bit bumpy. Will reducing the pressure to 33 psi enhances ride quality, FE.

Quote:
Congratulations on taking the delivery of your tank

Once the run-in period is complete and the engine-transmission bed in properly, the harshness with reduce. Check the tyre pressure asap. Showrooms are known to overinflate the tyres. It should be around 33-34 psi for smooth ride.

Wonderful picture there, both your Princess and the beast look awesome. Click many more pictures and start your separate ownership thread. Here's wishing you many happy (s)miles with your tank
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:33   #1678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Just got back from a short and sweet trip to Sikkim. The Tank performed superbly all through.
Great pic and good to know that the TUV did well Do post the Tlog quickly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Its been a week I swapped MLD and now the drive is more confident over the potholed roads, uneven inclines as there is peace of mind that tank can pull off even when one wheel is airborne.
Thanks for that update dieselburner. Good to know that the MLD is working fine and only hope that it continues to work for a long time. Even on the bangalore WA group I have seen a couple of folks post positive reviews of the MLD. Are all new TUVs (May manufactured) coming with factory fitted MLD?

Quote:
2) Slight vibration and noice at the driver end window. When asked the SA, he said it is same with all TUV's which I found total nonsense and does not make any sense. Anyone facing same issue? Any solution?
Just remove and refit the door panel. If you check AutoIndian's ownership thread, he had posted about MASS adding some additional foam to stop rattle. I too had this problem but it vanished when the driver side door panel was removed/refitted while upgrading speakers.

Quote:
Took the delivery yesterday evening and drove back home in Bangalore traffic.
Congrats on the new car and good delivery experience. Hope you have many many miles of niggle free ownership. Can you post a pic of your rear axle? As your car is May manufactured, wanted to check if MLD is factory fitted.

Quote:
I go for 35 psi only.
With 35 psi the ride is bit bumpy
Its also a question of when do you fill. Do ensure that you do not fill air when the tyres are hot or during the afternoon. I typically keep the tyre pressure at 34 for city driving and 35 when I am driving long distance and always fill air at night from my standard fuel station or use the compressor at home.

Bumpiness can also be a function of the road surface - my apollo's drive well on gravel, mud roads & tar roads but do no do so well on concrete roads - noise and ride quality suffers.

Last edited by procrj : 2nd June 2017 at 10:38.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:36   #1679
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What tyre pressure are fellow members maintaining in the TUV,
recommended is 35 psi. I go for 35 psi only.
With 35 psi the ride is bit bumpy. Will reducing the pressure to 33 psi enhances ride quality, FE.
As per the Owner's Manual, the recommended tyre pressure (both front and rear) is 32 psi. Refer the green highlighted portion in the screen grab below from Owner's Manual. I usually keep it in the range of 34-36 psi. When alone the car feels slightly bumpy, but drives well when fully loaded.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20170602_103023.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Just remove and refit the door panel. If you check AutoIndian's ownership thread, he had posted about MASS adding some additional foam to stop rattle. I too had this problem but it vanished when the driver side door panel was removed/refitted while upgrading speakers.
procrj is right. I too was facing the window rattling/ buzzing noise from day#1. When my right side door panel was dismantled, the power window slider (which slides on channel) was found to be having some play @ 1mm, which made the window glass rattle due to engine vibrations. It was replaced under warranty with new winder, which had absolutely no play. Additionally foam padding was added between the door and the plastic panel. From that day the window rattling vanished forever.

The above details can be found in this official review thread itself, refer the below link --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3929689

Last edited by AutoIndian : 2nd June 2017 at 10:47.
Old 2nd June 2017, 10:39   #1680
BHPian

I usually get it filled in the morning when the tyre is cold,
hardly 3-4 kms drive from home.
Regarding MLD in May manufactured cars, I dont know whether it is there or not. My SA told me that new TUV's will be coming with MLD when the trial is over, so in my opinion new ones rolling out will be still having limited differential.

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
.... Can you post a pic of your rear axle. As your car is May manufactured, wanted to check if MLD is factory fitted.

Its also a question of when do you fill. Do ensure that you do not fill air when the tyres are hot or during the afternoon. I typically keep the tyre pressure at 34 for city driving and 35 when I am driving long distance and always fill air at night from my standard fuel station or use the compressor at home......

Last edited by khan_sultan : 2nd June 2017 at 10:46. Reason: Trimmed quoted post for better readability

Most Viewed