Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2017, 21:28   #1711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselburner View Post
Yes, this happened after MLD change only. If anyone has any idea what can be the root cause for this.
It could be a wiring or sensor issue due to technicians not taking proper care while doing MLD change. Go and tell them to fix.

To all MLD seekers i suggest to choose most experienced service center only for this change. Because its a major change and TUV is full of sensors. Any mistake could create problems like these.
ezee is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 21:40   #1712
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezee View Post
Did you notice this after MLD change?

Because lot of people complaining non working of static bending lights after MLD change.
I am a bit perplexed to hear this. The MLD is fitted on the rear axle, whereas the static bending lamps work based on the position of either the steering or the front axle. Or is it that while fitting the MLD the technician has to tamper/ change some wiring, which interferes with that of the static bending lamps?
Old 25th June 2017, 08:13   #1713
BHPian

Hi,
TUV was with service center for 2 days but the issue was still not rectified.
They have changed all sesors related to it. Wiring checked and all other techinical analysis done, but of no use.
In some attempts it was working bit only for a couple of times and after that stops working.
As I have to go on a trip I have bought it back and will give it to them once back home in a week.
Meanwhile they will send Technical analysis report to mahindra for the soluion.
Even they are confused a MLD has nothing to do with Static bending lamps and neither its wiring or any other sensor were even touched while changing MLD so how could this happen.
Lets hope for the best.
Old 25th June 2017, 19:18   #1714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Is this buzzing sound similar to a belt slipping sound? If yes then I can co-relate it. As you have mentioned this is happening around 40 kmph in 4th gear and it is noticed around 60 kmph in the 5th. Both these correspond to an engine rpm of 1500. I have also noticed this "chirrrr" kind of sound in this rpm range. As the rpm increases this sound vanishes. This sound is more prominent in higher gears (4th & 5th) at 1500 rpm for sure.
Hi Autoindian,

The sound is more of an humming sound coming somewhere from the transmission <->propeller shaft assembly. By the way I got a chance to get out of the city and do a 300 km trip. At the end of the trip all I can say is go for the MLD change only if you badly need it like me on a daily basis. I say this because the noise level is definitely higher than before at around 100 kmph, the sound that I reported continues up until 90-100kmph mark and persists as a constant background hum. Will get in touch with the service centre this week and hope to get it resolved, will report the findings.

Cheers!
sathyasuri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th June 2017, 22:26   #1715
BHPian

Hi
Got the MLD changed last week. They did change the mount to address the thud sound as well. MLD is highly effective and did not face any wheel spin issue post changes. Drove almost 600 km post changes that includes 400 km run over highway and luckily no problems faced yet (no sound and the static bending lights are working fine). When the MLD gets operational you immediately get a jerk with clink sound; but I somehow kind of like the feeling. The tank now gives me immense confidence to get it off road. (Planning for it in July)
monakar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2017, 20:38   #1716
Team-BHP Support

TUV 3OO in South Africa.

For most part of the review, it's considered in poor taste, but redeems itself in the value department by offering a fully loaded variant and undercutting the cheapest variant of the Ford Ecosport by a good margin.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 10:26   #1717
Senior - BHPian

Friends, from the last couple of weeks, I am facing issue with the fuel tank flap opening mechanism. For opening this flap we pull up the lever under the driver seat. Now from the last couple of weeks whenever I have been to the fuel pump and pulled up this lever the fuel tank flap has never opened in the first attempt. In fact I have to try at least 8-10 times repeatedly, only then it opens up. Looks like the cable connecting the lever to the tank lid might have become rusty due to the rainy season or it might have lost the necessary tension. Any one of you facing such an issue? If yes, then how did you get it rectified? I don't want to visit the service centre for such a minor issue and any DIY advise to overcome this would be highly appreciated.
Old 6th July 2017, 11:06   #1718
Senior - BHPian

I have just completed Mumbai-Amritsar-Mumbai tour on my TUV 300 (11 months old/100BHP) with stopovers at Udaipur, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Solan, Dasuya (my native place) and must add here that I planned this 5000 kms excursion at one hour's notice and without any preparations for such long journey. (16th June to 30th June 2017)

I drove all the way myself as wifey chose to enjoy the landscapes of Gujarat & Rajasthan from the passenger seat. Since wifey was travelling and this was her first such trip in India, she almost carried our entire wardrobe with us that also included utensils, mugs, bedding's, pillows and cover sheets.

Must add here that this was my first such trip after about 9 years. I chose to fill up tank only at HP pumps all the way and even kept away from HP pumps where trucks were parked. Checked her oil & essentials ONLY once in the entire trip and drove all the way with AC.

I pushed the TUV on Ahmadabad-Vadodra Expressway and it also performed beautifully on bad stretches while I visited my native village and other places in Punjab.
However I chose to drive with ECO mode on highways as it restricted me to safe speeds. Getting used to ECO was pretty hard for me, especially during overtaking on highways but I chose to stick to it.

On return journey, we had rain spells all the way after Udaipur. Wipers performance was pretty poor, will need to change them. Roger accessories are asking 430/- per 19" frame-less wipers. Are they worth that price?

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 12:14   #1719
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
I have just completed Mumbai-Amritsar-Mumbai tour on my TUV 300 (11 months old/100BHP) with stopovers at Udaipur, Jaipur, Chandigarh, Solan, Dasuya (my native place) and must add here that I planned this 5000 kms excursion at one hour's notice and without any preparations for such long journey. (16th June to 30th June 2017).....
Wow that must have been one amazing experience to cherish forever. Photos please! I like the TUV300 as a package & your journey is a proof of its solidity & capability. Really nice.

Quote:
On return journey, we had rain spells all the way after Udaipur. Wipers performance was pretty poor, will need to change them. Roger accessories are asking 430/- per 19" frame-less wipers. Are they worth that price?

Regards-Sonu
I personally always stick with the framed wipers from BOSCH. Never really understood the benefits of frameless wipers. Nobody has managed to give a real reason other than aesthetics. Given the car I chose to buy, aestietics & visual appeal are missing in my list of important points altogether . Bosch wipers are available at around 350 per set (of 2+1rear for a Vista, which is same as the set for Innova according to my supplier).
Reinhard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 13:19   #1720
Senior - BHPian

Photolog of my journey. Posting photos of TUV only.

ROUTE: Mumbai-Vapi-Surat-Vadodra-Ahmadabad-Udaipur-Jaipur-Ajmer-Rohtak-Panipat-Chandigarh-Solan-Hoshiarpur-Amristar-Panchkula-Delhi-Ajmer-Jaipur-Udaipur-Himmatnagar-Ahmadabad-Vadodra-Surat-Vapi-Mumbai
Total distance covered -5710

Entering Gujarat
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170616_171115.jpg

Our night halt was at Udaipur while going North.
Khundala house - A fantastic home stay place in Udaipur.
2500/- for room, the size of 500 sq.ft. and almost equal size attached powder room & bathroom. Price inclusive of breakfast, but since we left early we could not enjoy the same. Also you need to inform owner about breakfast on previous evening. Owner is an Ex-army and easy to talk to gentleman.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170617_071651.jpg

TUV paying her respects at Gurudwara Nada Sahib, near Chandigarh (My hometown)
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170623_124723.jpg

Entering my birthplace - Dasuya ... and after all these many years I found out the significance of my birthplace
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170623_182115.jpg

Enjoying her time in sugarcane fields near Hoshiarpur - It was pretty HOT day
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170625_155333.jpg

Bio-stops somewhere between Jaipur & Udaipur
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170630_093501.jpg
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170630_134218.jpg

Night halt at SARVODAY hotel, Himmatnagar - while returning.
Neat huge rooms and clean bathrooms.
If you are leaving early in the morning - there will be no one at reception. You will be instructed to drop key at reception table & leave. They have a nice restaurant on ground floor which gets full by locals in the evening.
I liked the gated parking as TUV was full of our belongings.
2210 (including GST)
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170701_074009.jpg

FILL-STOP at Ahmadabad-Vadodra Highway - Just before exiting on Vadodra side. More known as Reliance Fuel Pump Stop
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170701_111038.jpg

Somewhere near Surat
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170701_153314.jpg

TUV proved its worthy to me in this trip.
The highways are excellent in Gujarat & Rajasthan but Rajasthan lacks good food courts on highway.
Rajasthan can also do away with so many toll plazas that charge 30-55 rupees for stretches and rather charge one hefty toll.
Ahmadabad-Vadodra Expressway is awesome & while returning, we immensely enjoyed showers here.
Entering Mumbai - as usual - was a torture. Covered last 50 kms in 2.5 hours.

Regards-Sonu
ariesonu is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 6th July 2017, 23:03   #1721
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Photolog of my journey. Posting photos of TUV only.
Many congratulations Sonu on completing a successful trip. 5.7K kms in just 14 days is simply mind boggling. Goes to show the mile munching capabilities of the tank. Also looks like the reliability quotient of the TUV has increased substantially. The pictures of your trip are awesome
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 11:25   #1722
BHPian

Hi All,

After taking the delivery on the 15th June, 2017; somehow I have been very busy with work. So, I have not been able to drive it to my hearts content to post my observations. Further, I am attaching the price break-up of the TUV 300 T6+.

Regards.

Ameeth Kumar Jha
Attached Files
File Type: xlsx TUV300.xlsx (10.5 KB, 2669 views)
Ameeth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th July 2017, 12:57   #1723
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameeth View Post
Hi All,

After taking the delivery on the 15th June, 2017; somehow I have been very busy with work. So, I have not been able to drive it to my hearts content to post my observations. Further, I am attaching the price break-up of the TUV 300 T6+.

Regards.

Ameeth Kumar Jha
Many congratulations Ameeth and welcome to the club. Thanks for sharing the break-up. You can share your initial impressions later whenever you get some time, but for now at least share some pictures. What color is the tank? Any GST benefits you received?
Old 8th July 2017, 15:05   #1724
BHPian

Hi Sir,

I posted a few pics on the 17th June itself.

The Tank is a T6+ Variant in Silver colour.

As regards the GST Benefit, I bought the TUV in June itself so I think I am not entitled for the Post GST Benefits. However, I am in talks with M&M and the Dealer to give the 4th & 5th Year Extended Warranty as free. As of now they have agreed to give the 4th Year Extended Warranty as free.

But, I have told them that I want the 4th & 5th Year Extended Warranty as free and would not settle for anything lesser. Let's see what happens.

Thanx & Regards

Ameeth Kumar Jha
Old 8th July 2017, 17:14   #1725
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Roger accessories are asking 430/- per 19" frame-less wipers. Are they worth that price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I personally always stick with the framed wipers from BOSCH. Never really understood the benefits of frame-less wipers. Nobody has managed to give a real reason other than aesthetics
I replaced mine with Bosch Eco wipers sometime back and they are doing a wonderful job. Even I am not sure about the benefits of flameless and dont see the point in spending that much when the regular ones are doing a fine job.

Quote:
Photolog of my journey. Posting photos of TUV only
Nice pics and 5K kms is a good drive. I have only been planning and planning drives but haven’t found the time to hit the road

@Autoindian - Did you find a solution for your fuel lid issue? I havent had any such problems and this is the first time I am hearing of anyone having such an issue. Do update when fixed.
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed