Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2017, 20:59   #1786
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Bangalore TUV owners met for the second time in as many months. The drive was a short one to Shoolagiri McD for breakfast. There were a total of 17 TUVs. Ambuj & Airbus were part of the gang and it was good to meet various owners and talk about the car & accessories/add ons that folks are using. Few pics

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-1dsc01249.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-2dsc01247.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-3dsc01248.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-4dsc01260.jpg

After a quick breakfast I headed out to explore some Kenneth Anderson territory. More details here
procrj is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 20th August 2017, 23:47   #1787
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Bangalore TUV owners met for the second time in as many months. The drive was a short one to Shoolagiri McD for breakfast. There were a total of 17 TUVs. Ambuj & Airbus were part of the gang and it was good to meet various owners and talk about the car & accessories/add ons that folks are using. Few pics
Nice picture there Ravinder, thanks for sharing. So the maximum number of TUVs are red, followed by silver and then other colors. Cannot make out the difference between red and orange. Any useful accessories you found on other TUVs? Are all members satisfied with their rides? Any major/minor issues?
AutoIndian is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 21st August 2017, 22:20   #1788
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Any useful accessories you found on other TUVs? Are all members satisfied with their rides? Any major/minor issues?
TUV3OO owners are largely satisfied with their vehicles, however I was surprised to hear about niggles in vehicles purchased in 2017. I thought majority of the issues were fixed last year. Apparently, coolant leakage is a common issue

I liked the head-up display installed in one of the tanks

Got couple of inquiries about my new dashcam - Viofo A119:
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20170818_133444.jpg  

airbus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 08:20   #1789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Cannot make out the difference between red and orange.
The cars to the left of Blue are Orange and to the Right are red.
Quote:
Any useful accessories you found on other TUVs? Are all members satisfied with their rides? Any major/minor issues?
A lot of electronics in many cars - dashcams, HUD and even mood lighting in 1 car. Most folks seem satisfied with the car and have had the usual niggles of resonator, modulator and wheelspin. I think 4-5 of them in the group had changed to MLD and were happy with performance post MLD.
procrj is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2017, 10:56   #1790
BANNED

Beyond the restrictions of sub-4m rule, companies should think about "good designs". A proper bonnet and elongated body (and ofcourse, a better grill) will make the TUV a better balanced looking car, IMO. Same is the case with Brezza.

4.3m seems to be a good length for designers to play around for a good-looking compact SUV / compact sedan.
Similarly, 4m for a hatch, and 4.6m for bigger SUVs and sedans.

And width? no restriction - the wider the better.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-mahindratuv500dimension.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-mahindratuv500dimension_1.jpg  

Last edited by romeomidhun : 22nd August 2017 at 11:26.
Old 23rd August 2017, 20:59   #1791
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Has anyone experimented with DIESELTRONIC or similar OBD performance devices?
Also has anyone done something drastic with ICE upgradation? I mean actual ICE setup.
Regards-Sonu
Hi Sonu, I have been using the RD Dieseltronics for quite some time now. It has been working well and the power boost is very welcome. I used this same box previously on my VW vento, and after getting the TUV, send the box to RaceDynamics, Bangalore for them to remap the box to suit the TUV ECU. I only had to pay for the courier and the wiring harness, as the TUV has a different ECU plug than the Vento.

On the ICE, I just upgraded the speakers and put in an amp. Did not want to change the head unit, since doing that will take away the reverse warning, and may be the connectivity from the steering wheel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
Ever since my TUV was retrofitted with MLD, I have this buzzing noise (no fix from M&M yet for this) and I have become super alert to all the sounds and changes in the vehicle. So can someone without the MLD check and confirm. If this is only specific to my vehicle I can then point this to the MASS in my next visit and try to get some fix for it because I strongly suspect the buzzing sound to be coming from the gearbox - prop shaft assembly.
Sathya, thanx for your timely alert. I too, got the MLD fitted. Have not noticed any humming. During the last weekend (the long one) did a 1300 km round trip and never noticed any unusual noise.
A week prior to that took part in the offroad event organized by Mahiindra and TerraTigers and the TUV proved its capability, and now with the MLD, was able to take most of the obstacles with ease.

Below is an area where most of the XUVs and the lone KUV got stuck. The TUV got across with ease. (sorry for the video angle toward the end)

Below was the entire track laid out for the beginners.
Please bear with the boring background music(courtesy YouTube). Had to mask our conversation. It was 4 guys in the TUV and there was some loose talk.
The hard core offroaders had a different track, or rather there was no so called 'track'.

Quote:
The cars to the left of Blue are Orange and to the Right are red.
A lot of electronics in many cars - dashcams, HUD and even mood lighting in 1 car. Most folks seem satisfied with the car and have had the usual niggles of resonator, modulator and wheelspin. I think 4-5 of them in the group had changed to MLD and were happy with performance post MLD.
Impressive line up, RJ. As you had mentioned earlier, may be we should have a Chennai, Bangalore TUV owners meet.
Trying to organize a whatsapp group for the Chennai TUVians.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2017, 21:24   #1792
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Sathya, thanx for your timely alert. I too, got the MLD fitted
What was the timely alert if I may ask? Are they going to stop MLD retro fits?
Quote:
Below was the entire track laid out for the beginners.
Captain - are you still using rogerabs?how is it holding up?
Quote:
Impressive line up, RJ.
All credits to the folks on WA group who were super enthusiastic to meet up.
Quote:
As you had mentioned earlier, may be we should have a Chennai, Bangalore TUV owners meet.
Amen to that. Ambur biryani awaits
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 11:00   #1793
BHPian

Quote:
I dont think so Procrj, the last time I spoke to the SA regarding this, he said the MLD retrofit will be continued as it is now i.e, on a case by case basis after they receive an instruction from the Mahindra's Customer relationship team (who evaluate the case).

Meanwhile, took the vehicle for the 20K service last week, tried reproducing the humming noise(after the MLD retrofit) at different speeds upto 60 kmph but as usual was not successful . So only the regular oil change, water wash was done in the service.

It was a bit late around 8:30 PM when I took the vehicle back from service so on the way back home I managed to find an empty stretch of road where I was able to touch 80KMPH and voila there it was, the sound comes only around 80 KMPH unlike before when it was persistent from 40 kmph. I am yet to take it to the service centre, will do that this weekend and report any updates.

Last edited by sathyasuri : 24th August 2017 at 11:14. Reason: Added some info on the humming sound that was reported earlier.
sathyasuri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 12:00   #1794
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPTAIN REX View Post
Hi Sonu, I have been using the RD Dieseltronics for quite some time now. It has been working well and the power boost is very welcome.
Do you recommend the boost and is it advisable to pick it from Amazon? Mine is 100 BHP and I have got used to driving with ECO mode. I don't use ESS.
How's the FE after installation?
I also intend to upgrade speakers only.

Regards-Sonnu
ariesonu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2017, 13:59   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
No I dont think they are going to stop. And as Sathya mentioned they are still doing it after evaluating the customers vehicles and the degree of aggressiveness with which the customer complains. .
What I meant about the timely alert from Sathyasuri was that I had been traveling and was not following this thread. Sathya PMed me on whatsapp to let me know that the retofits were happening.

Quote:
Captain - are you still using rogerabs?how is it holding up?
RJ, the rogerabs are doing good work. Roll has reduced. One of the friends in the TUV during the Mahindra's event was a XUV owner, and he commented that the ride in the TUV was much better than in his XUV.
[/quote]

Quote:
All credits to the folks on WA group who were super enthusiastic to meet up.
Amen to that. Ambur biryani awaits
Yes, yes. Ambur Biryani. Missed it once, few weeks back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post

It was a bit late around 8:30 PM when I took the vehicle back from service so on the way back home I managed to find an empty stretch of road where I was able to touch 80KMPH and voila there it was, the sound comes only around 80 KMPH unlike before when it was persistent from 40 kmph. I am yet to take it to the service centre, will do that this weekend and report any updates.
Sathya, may be we should meet sometime, and you can try out my TUV.
Replicating the noise when we take the vehicle to the service centre hardly happens when those guys are there.
I had the same issue with the gearbox noise. The noise never happened at the service station. Finally I had the guy to come home in the morning. They sent the Service Manager home at 7 in the morning, and he was witness to the noise, and then they finally concurred.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ariesonu View Post
Do you recommend the boost and is it advisable to pick it from Amazon? Mine is 100 BHP and I have got used to driving with ECO mode. I don't use ESS.
How's the FE after installation?
I also intend to upgrade speakers only.
Regards-Sonnu
Sonnu, fixing the box on the 100 bhp will take the TUV into a different level. May be the 180 kmph calibration on the speedometer may not be sufficient, once you are on the highways.
I would suggest you get it directly from Race Dynamics, Bangalore. I will PM you the contact at RD Bangalore. That way you can always call up for any support required.
CAPTAIN REX is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2017, 14:18   #1796
Distinguished - BHPian

Hello TUV300 owners,

I was planning to replace my 2012 Safari Dicor 2.2 with an XUV500. But Mahindra quoted pathetic resale for my safari which has done 1.28 lakh km and is in perfect shape.

So I am thinking of retaining the Safari and going for a TUV300 T8 100 BHP. I have a few questions:

1. Does 100 bhp feel underpowered on highways? I use it 70% on highways and 30% on rural roads.

2. Is it too bouncy in bad roads? How is the ride quality?

3. What real world fuel efficiency do you get?

4. Is there any issues with your car? Is it reliable?
Thanks in advance!
Prasanna
Old 2nd September 2017, 14:43   #1797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
So I am thinking of retaining the Safari and going for a TUV300 T8 100 BHP. I have a few questions:

@prasanna, have you test driven the TUV sufficiently ? Hope it is as comfortable as the Safari that you have.
Old 2nd September 2017, 14:50   #1798
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
@prasanna, have you test driven the TUV sufficiently ? Hope it is as comfortable as the Safari that you have.
Yeah, i did a test drive, but it was just a couple of kilometers. The car was easier to drive and had pretty decent power down in the lower rev ranges.

Ride quality, no comparison with Safari. Only duster was slightly close. I felt TUV was a little bouncy on uneven roads. Space was good, but second row underthigh support was bad (I am 6'2).

I want to buy an ecosport Trend+ (works out same price as TUV T8). Dad is adamant on a rugged SUV over ecosport. He finds TUV more spacious while I find them at par. Plus the ford is more fuel efficient(i do 2500-3000km a month)

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 2nd September 2017 at 14:52.
Old 3rd September 2017, 07:49   #1799

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrasannaDhana View Post
Hello TUV300 owners,

I was planning to replace my 2012 Safari Dicor 2.2 with an XUV500. But Mahindra quoted pathetic resale for my safari which has done 1.28 lakh km and is in perfect shape.

1. Does 100 bhp feel underpowered on highways? I use it 70% on highways and 30% on rural roads.

3. What real world fuel efficiency do you get?

4. Is there any issues with your car? Is it reliable?
Thanks in advance!
Prasanna
1. No, the I have driven at 120-130 kmph with 4 passengers and some luggage. Performance was adequate! You feel decent thrust on the pedal till that range.
2. No it ain't bouncy either, check Tyre pressure is at 33 psi.
3. I get 12kmpl in heavy density city traffic with AC on 100%. I am sure eco mode and higher % of highway drive will significantly improve the ratings. Max I have attained 17 kmpl.
4. Reliability great till now, however I have clicked just 11,000 kms and 7 months
RICK004 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2017, 08:38   #1800
BHPian

Hello fellow TUVIANS, I own a AMT version T8 tank, and would like to share my recent horrors with the tank and MASS.

I was on my way to work which is a 30 KMs drive from my home. 15 kms bumper to bumper traffic always. I was just about to reach my office, and suddenly the AMT warning signal was shown on the meter and the engine stopped in the middle of the road. I was already at a good speed and managed to roll the vehicle to the side.

Furious, confused and frustrated I had no clue what to do. I turned off the key, and tried to start the engine. It worked and I was on move, I was relieved, yet clueless. Then after furlong distance, the same thing happened, same process was repeated, and then it stopped again. I was able to reach my office, called in RSA and had my vehicle towed to the nearest MASS. As it was already evening, they asked me to comeback the next day.

I patiently waited a whole day, went to the MASS, and to my surprise they had no clue on what actually happened to my vehicle. They were unable to replicate the scenario, we did a common test drive to 60 kms and yet nothing happened. They said they flashed the AMT software and ran some diagnostics.

The SA said they got a warning signal that I was driving my vehicle 20% of the time with break and acceleration pedals pressed at the same time? No clue what they ment by that. Heavily dejected, took my tank back to home and emailed the Mahindra customer service people.

Got a call from so called area manager of Telangana, Mr.Sundaram. I explained, he apologized and assured me that nothing is wrong with my vehicle and he himself uses the AMT version of tank and never faced such issue. He also claimed that they never recivied such a complain.

My worst nightmare was reality the next day, same problem resurfaced again. This time I was alert and recorded the whole thing, but I was in a hurry as I planned a 600km journey. To my surprise, the issue never resurfaced again, it has been 3 months now. I am still not confident to drive my tank and everytime I go for a ride, I pray that it never happens to me again. Anyone faced similar issue? Thoughts?
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks