Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th January 2018, 23:52   #2026
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

So, I was haunting the Zulaikha motors (Chennai) showroom when I spotted the TUV plus there. I was somewhat disappointed to learn that the Plus is clearly aimed at the taxi-operator market. It is a 9 seater with 4 people at the back seated sideways; 2 on each side, not unlike the Tavera.

It's around 11.2 lakhs OTR and comes in 1 trim only - the "P4"

Here's a snap of it's features:
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20180124_173024.jpg

Last edited by locusjag : 27th January 2018 at 23:56. Reason: Added more details
locusjag is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 16:40   #2027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
...I was somewhat disappointed to learn that the Plus is clearly aimed at the taxi-operator market...

It's around 11.2 lakhs OTR and comes in 1 trim only - the "P4"
I think this is expected because with the Xylo and its platform (based on Bolero if I am not wrong) ageing, Mahindra had to bring up something that would satisfy the oncoming BNVSAP safety regulations and the tour operators-who have been keeping the Xylo afloat.
Also IMHO TUV 300+ looks a bit awkward in design for it to be targeted at private audience so I guess P4 only trim is justified with just the requirements of the tour operators.
sathyasuri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2018, 17:39   #2028
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyasuri View Post
...TUV 300+ looks a bit awkward in design for it to be targeted at private audience so I guess P4 only trim is justified with just the requirements of the tour operators.
If M&M can sell the more awkward'ish KUV, Xylo, Quanto and NuvoSport to private buyers, then there is no problem in selling this TUV 300+ to private buyers - it s far far better than the ones mentioned above.
romeomidhun is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 17:53   #2029
BHPian

As completed 35k km with my tank, posting Fuel efficiency track..
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20180202174450.png  

monakar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 10:35   #2030
BHPian

To start TUV 3OO we just have to turn the key and leave it (do not have to hold it till engine cranks). Another thing I noticed recently that the starter remains engaged till the engine starts (even when you leave the key). This happened with me on a cold morning when the starter remained engaged trying to start the engine for almost 8 seconds. I hope this is a feature and not another niggle.
monakar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2018, 21:47   #2031
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Tough luck man. Hope they do a good job and get everything fixed right. !
I got my car back yesterday and it looks as good as new. I visited the body work center twice in the interim, once to meet the GM and second time to see the stripped car. Parts that were changed windshield, bumper, left fog lamp and number plate there is some support bar below the bumper, a link below the headlight. These are the ones I am aware of. They did not give me any document on items changed and don't see any details in the Hamesha app yet. There was no damage anywhere else.
I lost the FastTag as they were unable to move the chip from the old windshield to the new one. I also have to resticker the name on the new windshield.
On the whole a very cordial arrangement and all the concerned people were very good, responsive and gave me regular updates. Drove the car well only over the past two days, 23 days after delivery and am happy with the drive. The AMT is sluggish but once you get used to its quirkiness the drive is comfortable.
The ride is a bit harsh on bad roads and am hoping the suspension gets better over time. The touch screen stereo is good and the inbuilt GPS is great. Pairs easily with the phone and no issues. The sound is average and was getting some blare from the speakers. Changed the EQ and the sound is a lot better. Early days yet and hopefully things get better.
Met another two year old T8 MT vehicles owner at the bodyshop and he said his vehicle has never broken down and pulls with a lot of luggage and people without any issues.
diyguy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th February 2018, 00:25   #2032
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
The ride is a bit harsh on bad roads and am hoping the suspension gets better over time. .
Check tyre pressure as ASC are notorious for overinflating tyres and most fuel stations' gauges are malfunctioning anyways. Also, in my experience, if you are driving alone or with just one passenger, try using 33 PSI instead of the recommended 35 PSI. That works.
Old 5th February 2018, 00:33   #2033
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Check tyre pressure as ASC are notorious for overinflating.
Just got the air swapped our for Nitrogen and set to 33. I have always set my cars at 33 - Qualis, Swift and now the TUV3oo. The air was at 34 in the front and 31 at the back. Maybe it is psychological but I felt the ride was better the half km I drove to get home after the nitrogen fill.
ASC fixed the damages but did not check the air, neither did they take a test drive. I don't see a process or check list that they use btw. I think it depends on the person one is working with.
Old 5th February 2018, 13:07   #2034
Distinguished - BHPian

Any idea what the water wading capability of the TUV would be? This is for the times ahead when Chennai gets flooded. If not Chennai itself, my locality in Chennai (surrounding Chromepet) with small hills around is prone to flooding (and has a different weather pattern on the whole).

Slightly OT: I have seen a parked Honda City flooded on a low-lying section of the GST road in 2012 in Chromepet after a cloudburst that lasted a mere 1 hour. Meanwhile, no other parts of Chennai even received a drop of rain! The owner of the car was inside a jewelry shop when it rained and in the time it took for them to finish shopping, their car was flooded. Sad.

Anyway, with a stated Ground Clearance of 191 mm in the TUV, and maybe another 100 mm to spare before water laps around sensitive electronics or engine parts, is 300 mm (i.e., 1 foot) a likely figure for the TUV?

As a loose reference, the Tata Hexa offers 450 mm of designed water wading capability with 200 mm of ground clearance.
Old 6th February 2018, 14:06   #2035
BHPian

Mahindra TUV300 Range Now Gets mHawk100 Engine As Standard.

https://auto.ndtv.com/news/mahindra-...2-lakh-1808944
Old 7th February 2018, 08:53   #2036
BHPian

I parked on my slope driveway into my gate all day yesterday and when I moved my car to a flat surface, I noticed an oil spill under on the right side center of where the car was standing. Any idea if I should be having this checked?
I checked this morning and on the flat surface parked last night there was no oil. What oil could it be?
Old 7th February 2018, 09:28   #2037
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I checked this morning and on the flat surface parked last night there was no oil. What oil could it be?
I have had similar experience but on checking inside the engine bay and underside of the car, I did not notice anything. Later realized that I saw a cat moving away from the car when I opened the door - hence it could just be cat pee
Old 7th February 2018, 09:32   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Later realized that I saw a cat moving away from the car when I opened the door - hence it could just be cat pee
I am pretty sure it is not cat pee and have a pic but unable to load here. It might be excess transmission(?) oil that has overflowed out due to over filling during PDI of delivery? It has stained the cement and seemed viscous too.
Old 7th February 2018, 12:04   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
I parked on my slope driveway into my gate all day yesterday and when I moved my car to a flat surface, I noticed an oil spill ...
Can you try parking again on the slope and check if there is any spill. If it is a one time spill then you need not worry much. Or if it happens every time vehicle is parked on incline then some seal or joint may be leaky.
Old 8th February 2018, 13:09   #2040
Distinguished - BHPian

@ All,

Alright. I'm approaching the business-end of my purchase journey.

Please help me by double-checking if everything looks okay and also to spot any areas I can shed weight on. This is the quotation I have received for my Silver T8 MT from Zulaikha Motors, Velachery:

Ex-showroom cost: 941,546
Lifetime tax: 97,046
B to B Insurance: 43,366
Incidental charges: 5,900
Shield warranty: 8,540
RSA: 2,021
Std fitment: 4,812
Total: 11,03,141

* What would a 'B2B' insurance policy cover?
* Are the Incidental and Std fitment charges legal? These sound similar to the out-lawed dealer handling charges.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks