Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2018, 13:00   #2071
BANNED

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameeth View Post
Hi,

I don't see any dis-advantage with the MLD Retrofitment. Rather the advantages of MLD Retrofitment far out-weigh the dis-advantages, if any.

I am more than satisfied post MLD Retrofitment. Post MLD Retrofitment, the TUV300 has become a go anywhere vehicle of the family, with increased mileage figures of 14 kmpl in Normal Mode and 16 kmpl in Eco Mode on the highways @ Speeds in the excess of 90-100 kmph.

Post MLD Retrofitment, the vehicle feels more planted on the road and is well behaved on the roads.

With regards.

Ameeth
Thanks a lot for your response Ameeth.

Is it possible to confirm if the TUV 300 T10 comes equipped with an MLD? I am actually quite far and the service adviser told me over phone that T10 comes equipped with MLD (I told him to confirm any ways). So, if you can once talk to your service adviser or manager and confirm my two queries, then it will be a great help:
1) Does T10 get an MLD right from the factory?
2) Are they offering the MLD on the current cars too? The car in question is a November 2017 vehicle.
VKumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 16:09   #2072
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
1) Does T10 get an MLD right from the factory?
2) Are they offering the MLD on the current cars too? The car in question is a November 2017 vehicle.
I have a Dec manufactured T10 and was told it has no MLD. I have this under chassis picture but probably cannot make out on the MLD
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-160706.jpg

Mod Note : It is imperative for you to upload pictures directly to the Team-BHP Server. Click here to view our pictorial help article on uploading pics.

Please submit images ONLY via the Team-BHP Attachment System.

Last edited by GTO : 18th February 2018 at 17:26. Reason: Uploading pic as attachment
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 17:10   #2073
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
I have a Dec manufactured T10 and was told it has no MLD. I have this under chassis picture but probably cannot make out on the MLD
Thanks for your response diyguy, did you try to get the MLD kit installed on your TUV? IMO it should have been a standard item as it increases the vehicle's capabilities by leaps and bounds.

Last edited by SDP : 17th February 2018 at 22:11. Reason: Removing pic from the quoted message
Old 15th February 2018, 17:38   #2074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VKumar View Post
Thanks for your response diyguy, did you try to get the MLD kit installed on your TUV? .
no I haven't, I have had other challenges that I had to overcome with my TUV situation . I haven't driven it enough yet to know one way or another, to be honest.
Old 16th February 2018, 07:34   #2075
BHPian

I too haven't faced any wheel spin in the last 2 months of ownership. Have drove up varying inclines but never had a problem. Guess they may have tweaked suspension or something.
Old 16th February 2018, 14:46   #2076
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
I too haven't faced any wheel spin in the last 2 months of ownership. Have drove up varying inclines but never had a problem. Guess they may have tweaked suspension or something.
Quote:
no I haven't, I have had other challenges that I had to overcome with my TUV situation . I haven't driven it enough yet to know one way or another, to be honest.
Faced Wheelspin only once. Regarding other issues, the doors rattle. It couldn't be fixed despite their efforts in their first service. Finished 5500 km and nearing three months of ownership.
architect is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th February 2018, 20:15   #2077
BHPian

https://www.cartoq.com/mahindra-tuv3...ill-look-like/

Interesting renders of how TUV 300 face lift might look like. Looks great if you ask me. I just hope mahindra introduces more features in it.
ramnaresh_2000 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2018, 09:57   #2078
BHPian

Does anyone know how to secure the spare wheel and wheel cover from theft? One T8 owner who I met at the service center told me his spare wheel and cover were stolen and asked me to get a lock for it. However am not clear what kind of lock and how one would attach it.
Old 21st February 2018, 10:38   #2079
BHPian

Quote:
Does anyone know how to secure the spare wheel and wheel cover from theft? One T8 owner who I met at the service center told me his spare wheel and cover were stolen and asked me to get a lock for it. However am not clear what kind of lock and how one would attach it.
Hi, there is a provision for using a padlock in the bolt that holds the spare wheel cover. You can find this after removing the Mahindra emblem on the wheel cover. Refer to post number 8 for the pictures in this thread. Link to post number 8 is here :http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post3835566[/u]
Old 24th February 2018, 14:57   #2080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Faced Wheelspin only once. Regarding other issues, the doors rattle. It couldn't be fixed despite their efforts in their first service. Finished 5500 km and nearing three months of ownership.
Hey architect, what a coincidence. Just today I got fixed my left door rattling issue in M&M's 75 point Mega Service Camp. The only solution to fix it is adding foam bolstering. Although it was a very minor rattle observed only when going over rough roads or speed breakers, I am one person who cannot withstand even the minutest rattle. You can find further details on my ownership thread over here --> http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ective-21.html
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2018, 11:49   #2081
Distinguished - BHPian

I want to thank the kind souls on this forum who patiently guided me through my long purchase journey.

My 2018 silver TUV T8 now stands parked next to my Silver 2008 Honda Unicorn and it has succeeded my Silver 2011 Nissan Rogue which I had while in the USA till Oct 2017. Oh, and I forgot - my sold 2008 silver Swift Vxi which I had till I flew to the US.

I'm all about the silver!

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20180227_104843.jpg

It bounces and floats its way about the city and its innate torque and ride qualities remind me of the rented Chevrolet Silverado and Dodge Ram pickup trucks that I have driven.

My dad who has never bothered about cars has already remarked to my sister - it looks like a battle tank in as many and exact words. I let out a chuckle.

Will post a review soon.

Thanks again!

Last edited by locusjag : 27th February 2018 at 11:52. Reason: Added more details
locusjag is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 1st March 2018, 10:37   #2082
BHPian

An update on the touchscreen in the T10 AMT - was driving home from work last night and about, 30 mins into the drive got a call on my phone. Though it was connected via Bluetooth to the stereo the call didn't route to the speakers. The stereo had frozen though radio was on, no controls worked including the power button. It finally turned off only when I switched off the engine.
Have also had issues with the GPS in the past when it would say the system is booting but would never come up. I guess the niggles are still very much there for the oem stereo.
Old 4th March 2018, 11:31   #2083
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I want to thank the kind souls on this forum who patiently guided me through my long purchase journey.

My 2018 silver TUV T8 now stands parked next to my Silver 2008 Honda Unicorn and it has succeeded my Silver 2011 Nissan Rogue which I had while in the USA till Oct 2017. Oh, and I forgot - my sold 2008 silver Swift Vxi which I had till I flew to the US.

I'm all about the silver!

Attachment 1736024

It bounces and floats its way about the city and its innate torque and ride qualities remind me of the rented Chevrolet Silverado and Dodge Ram pickup trucks that I have driven.

My dad who has never bothered about cars has already remarked to my sister - it looks like a battle tank in as many and exact words. I let out a chuckle.

Will post a review soon.

Thanks again!
Welcome to the club. Happy miles ahead.
shreedharan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th March 2018, 12:08   #2084
BHPian

Have now crossed 1100km on my T10 AMT and am now pretty comfortable with the auto shift. It is pretty crappy, no doubt the gear changes, and the slow down in speed when the gear shift happens, but once you get used to it the drive is a breeze. Did about 200km on ECR in Chennai and made the mistake to try and overtake in auto mode. Was scary as the higher rpm caused the gear shift and slowdown in the overtake maneuver. Next time did the overtake in manual mode and then it was fine.
Old 5th March 2018, 05:29   #2085
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ameeth View Post
Hi,

I don't see any dis-advantage with the MLD Retrofitment. Rather the advantages of MLD Retrofitment far out-weigh the dis-advantages, if any.

Ameeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by deetee View Post
Recently on a trip to Nainital, the TUV T10 again faced the wheelspin issues at a couple of places, in fact once it was quite a struggle to make it go while going uphill and the surface was quite wet. What is disappointing is that even hatchbacks and compact SUVs were easily managing the same patch without a hiccup.

When the car went to A.S.S., I particularly called the service manager and got it noted down to him but he probably decided to ignore my word/complaint as it's over 2 weeks since I talked to him over the phone and he is yet to get back to me. Kindly drop in your suggestions guys.

Most Viewed