Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th January 2019, 11:56   #2416
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
Personal Take - go for the T10. You get a touchscreen compatible with reverse parking camera, inbuilt maps (albeit pretty old, but good as a backup), factory fitted leather seats - pretty good, black alloys - multiple users tried it, but have no found a solution to turn the factory silver alloys into black, and the most important thing - dual tone color options i.e. RedNBlack and SilverNBlack.
Thanks a lot for the overview. You ownership review is also very informative. I believe the dual tone options are available in T8 now as well.

Quote:
Also, as someone who owns a RedNBlack T10, I can confirm one thing - heads do turn, as the color is different and pretty good.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shreedharan View Post
As a fellow T10 owner, I can confirm that heads do turn.
my head is one of them too!
Old 8th January 2019, 14:50   #2417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
Thanks a lot for the overview. You ownership review is also very informative. I believe the dual tone options are available in T8 now as well.
Yes - it is, but you miss out the main features of T10, which makes the vehicle standout. Also, it is smarter to buy T10 for the additional features.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarStruck View Post
my head is one of them too!
Thank you for the compliments. Hope the review helps you make a decision.
LegalEagle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 11:35   #2418
Distinguished - BHPian

I see so many TUV 300s in Chennai these days and it wasn't the case even a year ago. It's like that Russell Peters joke about Indians abroad who stare at fellow Indians and exclaim "I thought I was the only one!"

Far be it from me to base my purchase on whether or not others buy the same product. But yeah, it does make you feel reassured in a vague sense.
Old 30th January 2019, 11:30   #2419
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone else in Chennai received a call from their Mahindra dealer for registering for an off-roading event organized by Mahindra on Feb 2nd 2019 (Saturday)?

Fees for pre-booking via dealer: Rs.3000 (2 persons, breakfast & lunch)
Fees for turning up at the venue: Rs.4000 (coverage same as above)
Fees for additional person: Rs.1000

Venue: Hotel Mamalla on ECR

Edit: I just saw their website where you can book yourself online - http://mahindraadventure.com/great-escapes-chennai

Edit #2: After seeing the hardcore 4x4 nature of Mahindra's Great Escape events, I seriously don't want to go there and feel as if I'm under-equipped and under-skilled! Why did my dealer even call me? (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/4x4-e...er-2017-a.html (Mahindra Great Escape : Wayanad, September 2017))

Last edited by benbsb29 : 8th February 2019 at 11:52. Reason: Edited post to remove uncalled for references. :)
Old 8th February 2019, 10:33   #2420
BHPian

2019 Facelift version renders by Cartoq. What do you think guys? What are your expectations from facelift? I wish Mahindra improves on the paint job, include reverse parking camera, 6 air bags, rear A/C unit, day-time running headlights
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-mahindratuv300compactsuvfaceliftrender.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 11:33   #2421
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
What are your expectations from facelift? I wish Mahindra improves on the paint job, include reverse parking camera, 6 air bags, rear A/C unit, day-time running headlights

To add to your list, I wish Mahindra provide cruise control and 16 inches rim.
airbus is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2019, 15:22   #2422
BHPian

I am looking to buy a 5+2 seater and have already booked the new Ertiga. Friend advised to give TUV a look in.

Which do you think is the better amongst the two for long journey comfort for the 6th passenger or the last two seat?
Old 11th February 2019, 16:09   #2423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by snaseer View Post
Which do you think is the better amongst the two for long journey comfort for the 6th passenger or the last two seat?
My 2 cents, it is unfair to put anyone in the TUV last row for long journeys. Short journeys are not a problem. My son (14 years) does not like to sit there. Maybe if he had a friend there for company it might work but he may lose the friendship after that trip . A PS4 there may just do the trick.
diyguy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 14:05   #2424
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I am looking to buy a 5+2 seater and have already booked the new Ertiga. Friend advised to give TUV a look in.

I've taken extended family out, totally jam-packed in my TUV, for at the most 5 hours one way. They are okay with it, considering it's a once-in-a-while arrangement. I imagine that on longer trips or if 3rd row occupancy is a frequent thing, I'd have a revolt at home.

Compared to an Ertiga, the TUV is certainly "overload-able" since the suspensions do not bottom out and the ground clearance doesn't reduce noticeably. We had 7 passengers and full rooftop luggage, all packed up within an Amazonbasics bag, fixed onto a rooftop carrier.
locusjag is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 16:53   #2425
BHPian

Quote:

I tested the Ertiga before buying the TUV. It appears that the Ertiga last row is more comfortable as it is front facing, but on the long drives, the low floor seating is always a problem, and it becomes equally uncomfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I've taken extended family out, totally jam-packed in my TUV, for at the most 5 hours one way. They are okay with it, considering it's a once-in-a-while arrangement. I imagine that on longer trips or if 3rd row occupancy is a frequent thing, I'd have a revolt at home.

Compared to an Ertiga, the TUV is certainly "overload-able" since the suspensions do not bottom out and the ground clearance doesn't reduce noticeably. We had 7 passengers and full rooftop luggage, all packed up within an Amazonbasics bag, fixed onto a rooftop carrier.
I agree with Locusjag on this one. The TUV can easily be "overloaded", and personally, the full vehicle makes the drive more pliant, funnily.

My personal two cents - take a call whether you want to Body-On-Frame or a Monocoque - as they handle totally differently. Do not worry about the last row as all the vehicles have the same problem - knees in your face, except the Crysta, which is much higher priced.
LegalEagle is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th February 2019, 18:19   #2426
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Do not worry about the last row as all the vehicles have the same problem - knees in your face, except the Crysta, which is much higher priced.
Speaking of which, it's interesting to note that Mahindra is coming out with a 7 seater TUV 300 Plus with forward facing 3rd row seats (if rumors are to be believed). If and when it does come out, i'd be glad to see it and I'd be angry as well...because it didn't exist when I bought my TUV 300!

The third row is the only thing which rankles me as of now. I love the car in most other aspects.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd March 2019, 21:34   #2427
Distinguished - BHPian

I am seeing lots of complaints by TUV 300 owners in a FB group that they're seeing corrosion beneath the rubber beading by the doors. Please check on your TUV 300s ASAP! Folks there are also saying that Mahindra is changing the doors (I don't understand how that'll fix the issue since the rusting is along the main body) only as long as the car is within the original 3 year warranty.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-capture_20190302212948.png

This is disappointing because I'm used to seeing lifetime corrosion warranty from American OEMs. Why won't Mahindra cover rust if the 3 year period is over?

Last edited by locusjag : 2nd March 2019 at 21:40.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2019, 15:23   #2428
BANNED

Mahindra TUV 300 facelift gets a new tail lamp along with revised bumpers and a new headlamp with integrated DRLs while retaining same diesel engines.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-57cdb4f2f5794d87bd0ba18bfea39699.jpeg

Source
Old 4th March 2019, 14:17   #2429
BHPian

My second service is due this month, have about 400km more to touch the 10k mark. I want to use an engine oil flush prior to them changing the oil. I have been using Mitasu on my qualis and wanted to take this to the ASS. Any idea if I will face any resistance? How do I ensure they use it?
Mitasu MJ-731 Flush Fluid (4 L) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0745BQ7R3/..._OxoFCbYKDDTH6
Old 5th March 2019, 09:07   #2430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diyguy View Post
My second service is due this month, have about 400km more to touch the 10k mark. I want to use an engine oil flush prior to them changing the oil. I have been using Mitasu on my qualis and wanted to take this to the ASS. Any idea if I will face any resistance? How do I ensure they use it?
Mitasu MJ-731 Flush Fluid (4 L) https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0745BQ7R3/..._OxoFCbYKDDTH6
Chances are, they won't allow it. They may ask you to use their own stuff.

I think you should give this thread a read

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ty-period.html (Can I use my own engine oil while the car is in the warranty period?)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks