Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2020, 18:13   #2776
BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
@locusjag @ramnaresh 2000 - How often are these vehicles water-washed?.
I wash once in a month and twice a month during rainy season. I know it's harsh on the paint, but the OCD kicks in and the black paint doesn't help it. My vehicles are parked on the street 24X7, so no protection from Sun/Rain/Animals/Humans. I do not have any rusting issue anywhere on the vehicle apart from the mudflaps area. There was some rusting near battery area, but it was due to acid leakage in the battery.
Old 11th June 2020, 20:14   #2777
Distinguished - BHPian

A car that is water washed (as in full on soap and the works) often will have a few rust spots under the window seals, mudguard area, under the doors etc. Considering you both do not water wash that often, something is causing a few drops of water to stay in these areas often. The daily car wash done by neighborhood car wash guys often leaves these places wet, this collects a few drops of water in this place everyday and rust follows.

The car wash shop guy told me that you can safely water wash every month as long as you drive the car for a good distance afterwards in the sun so that everything dries, never park the car back home immediately after a water wash.

A good practice would be to fix this rust once and then use waterless wash only for a few months, We`ll get to learn something in the process whether there is a faulty galvanization process in the production plant or that we have to change the ways we take care of these vehicles. One of my friend`s local car wash guy has switched to waterless wash since last year , surely the car wash guy does not like it because they like to pour some water, spread the water over with their palm and wipe down with a towel in a hurry leaving waterspots and water drops in places where it would eventually cause rust if the car has not been running daily.

Two of my friends have TUV, T8, T10 so far have no rusts anywhere therefore my curiosity, one of them surely bought TUV against Bolero based on my advice, so I have some interest in this matter
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2020, 11:27   #2778
BANNED

I came upto the news that Mahindra removed TUV 300 from its database. When will they launch BS6 version? Friends I'm planning to buy one. Shall I go for TUV 300 BS6 or wait for THAR 2020?
Old 26th June 2020, 14:16   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttlerz View Post
I came upto the news that Mahindra removed TUV 300 from its database. When will they launch BS6 version? Friends I'm planning to buy one. Shall I go for TUV 300 BS6 or wait for THAR 2020?
Yes it has been removed from their website. I am guessing it is just for BS6 update. TUV makes around 1000+ sales every month, I don't think M&M will stop milking it yet. There is a separate thread in Team BHP forum discussing exclusively on this topic. You can check it out.

Thar is a different ball game all together. It is more powerful than TUV and is a 4X4 vehicle. It depends on your friends usage & budget. I am guessing Thar will be more expensive compared to TUV due to new BS6 2.0 liter engine, updated styling, hard top option, airbags, ABS, etc. Personal opinion, I would go with Thar.

MASS finally re-painted my bumper (Thanks to the mess they made previously). Finishing is alright, something I can live with. Same time got the rusting parts re-painted as well. At first they did not ask for any money. However, I paid 1000 bucks for the rusting re-painting.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20200626_140338__01.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20200626_140309__01.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 17:27   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
TUV and Thar both will have Different price bands, the top end TUV was selling at around 12.5L OTR whereas the new Thar will easily cost 15+ looking to the upgrades. Both are different in many aspects hence would suggest you to review your requirement and priorities for vehicle selection. Using a Thar would take a lot of adjustments for the driver and the passengers as it is a 3 door vehicle and nothing in it is close to using a regular car.
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 19:57   #2781
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
TUV and Thar both will have Different price bands, the top end TUV was selling at around 12.5L OTR whereas the new Thar will easily cost 15+ looking to the upgrades. Both are different in many aspects hence would suggest you to review your requirement and priorities for vehicle selection. Using a Thar would take a lot of adjustments for the driver and the passengers as it is a 3 door vehicle and nothing in it is close to using a regular car.
We prefer spacious 5 seater SUV with decent boot space. My love for THAR is growing. I need a proper 4 cylinder turbo diesel which TUV doesn't offer. My driving is 30% highway, 20% city, 30% village & 20% rough road. I drive about 1500-2000 kms a month. Ground clearance mostly matters me. 4WD not necessary but prefer to own one. Price and mileage doesn't matter. My dad is preferring TUV only for the 7 seats. Above all, my life partner also loves THAR, so eagerly waiting for THAR 2020
Throttlerz is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 20:55   #2782
BHPian

Quote:
We prefer spacious 5 seater SUV with decent boot space. My love for THAR is growing. I need a proper 4 cylinder turbo diesel which TUV doesn't offer. My driving is 30% highway, 20% city, 30% village & 20% rough road. I drive about 1500-2000 kms a month. Ground clearance mostly matters me. 4WD not necessary but prefer to own one. Price and mileage doesn't matter. My dad is preferring TUV only for the 7 seats. Above all, my life partner also loves THAR, so eagerly waiting for THAR 2020
I can completely understand and relate to your situation. Trust me the jump seats of TUV is for name sake only, kids below 10 years of age might be able to sit(who knows for how long those naughty ones might sit there on long journeys). The only downer in TUV is the 3 pot engine, though it’s good at low speeds and city driving but it sucks at high speeds. You need to plan in advance for high speed overtakes on highway, power at the tap of an accelerator on the highway is a distant dream with TUV.

Thar is strictly a personal choice and more of a heart over mind case. I was in a similar situation last year as my usage is more or less similar to what you have mentioned and was on the verge of booking TUV or Scorpio, but at the end listened to the heart and bought the Thar signature edition (My better half loved it equally). You can also keep Scorpio, Harrier and XUV500 as options. Take a thorough test drive of the new Thar and analyze on every aspect before deciding. One thing I can assure, once you own a Thar there’s no looking back as nothing comes close to it, it’s a different experience all together.
abhikb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2020, 22:06   #2783
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhikb View Post
I can completely understand and relate to your situation. Trust me the jump seats of TUV is for name sake only, kids below 10 years of age might be able to sit(who knows for how long those naughty ones might sit there on long journeys). The only downer in TUV is the 3 pot engine, though it’s good at low speeds and city driving but it sucks at high speeds. You need to plan in advance for high speed overtakes on highway, power at the tap of an accelerator on the highway is a distant dream with TUV.

Thar is strictly a personal choice and more of a heart over mind case. I was in a similar situation last year as my usage is more or less similar to what you have mentioned and was on the verge of booking TUV or Scorpio, but at the end listened to the heart and bought the Thar signature edition (My better half loved it equally). You can also keep Scorpio, Harrier and XUV500 as options. Take a thorough test drive of the new Thar and analyze on every aspect before deciding. One thing I can assure, once you own a Thar there’s no looking back as nothing comes close to it, it’s a different experience all together.
I prefer body on chassis, so Harrier and XUV 500 are out of the game. Will test drive both THAR 2020 and Scorpio 2020 and then decide. My heart is full of THAR. We sold our Sumo 3.0L DI last week. So, THAR should be the best replacement for it.
Old 28th June 2020, 22:56   #2784
BHPian

Quote:
I prefer body on chassis, so Harrier and XUV 500 are out of the game. Will test drive both THAR 2020 and Scorpio 2020 and then decide. My heart is full of THAR. We sold our Sumo 3.0L DI last week. So, THAR should be the best replacement for it.
All the best for the new buy. If your heart is leaning towards the Thar, don’t hesitate much if you can live with the shortcomings.
abhikb is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 09:20   #2785
BHPian

Anyone used tyremarket website for purchasing tires for TUV? I had seen some AT tires for great price compared to offline stores. Shortlisted to UltraMile, as I had seen them on a TUV at service center and was impressed.

Site: https://www.tyremarket.com/UltraMile...00-S--Car-Tyre

This one looks nice, and reasonable priced. Anyone updated to AT tires? Any impact on handling, breaking and mileage?
Old 30th June 2020, 09:40   #2786
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Anyone updated to AT tires? Any impact on handling, breaking and mileage?
Lots of folks on WAG are using 235 Geolander ATs on their tank and are very happy with it. No major issues with handling or braking, some claim that its better with the Geolander.
IMO, you really dont need ATs as the tread patterns are the same for MTs and ATs given the tank tire specifications. Why pay more then?
Would suggest you stick to an MT and use the extra cash for some tank TLC
procrj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2020, 09:48   #2787
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Would suggest you stick to an MT and use the extra cash for some tank TLC
Did you mean HT? MT are mud terrain right? 235 looks good but it will have impact on speedometer, and I need accurate speedometer due to speed cameras on my regular routes in city and highway.

Already paid 1,030/- bucks fine for driving at 60 kmph on a 40kmph speed limit within city empty road on weekend.
Old 30th June 2020, 11:55   #2788
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Did you mean HT?
yes, meant HTs.
Quote:
Already paid 1,030/- bucks fine for driving at 60 kmph on a 40kmph speed limit within city empty road on weekend.
Not sure how much of an impact it will have on speedo.
Old 30th June 2020, 12:15   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Not sure how much of an impact it will have on speedo.
I used an online calculator to check the difference. It is showing a difference of 2.98 mph which translates to 4.7 kmph difference if I am traveling at 70 mph. I think it is negligible as speed cameras have +/- 10% buffer.

However, the pricing is on higher side. Basic 235/75 r15 are starting at 6k+ for each tire.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200630120846__01.jpg  

ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 14:58   #2790
BHPian

Slightly off topic. I was cleaning my father's Renault Scala (2012 model) and noticed my T8 TUV missed below features which are available in Scala. Just creature comforts, but hey good to have.
  • Push Start Button
  • Keyless Entry
  • Leather Seats (added in updated version of T10)
  • Automatic AC
  • Electrically Foldable ORVMS
  • Rear AC vents
  • Rear Center Armrest
  • Front windshield defogger
  • Mist type sprayer for windshield

List of features available in TUV, but not in Scala
  • Rear Sensors
  • Bluetooth HU (added in updated version of Scala)
  • Lumbar Support
  • Armrest for driver and passenger
  • 7 Seater

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks