Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2020, 15:52   #2791
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramnaresh_2000 View Post
Anyone used tyremarket website for purchasing tires for TUV? I had seen some AT tires for great price compared to offline stores. Shortlisted to UltraMile, as I had seen them on a TUV at service center and was impressed.
I have seen this Ultramile tire , and I thought its some cheap chinese tire, Now I realized its an Indian brand , upon further digging I came across their corporate video - The tires are made in China \ Thailand as per that video.

For TUV tyres please look for Goodyear Wranger RT \S. MRF Wanderer and Bridgestone Dueler D689 - the last one being the more expensive of the three but lasts the longest while performing consistently throughout on road, off road . MT \ AT tires are best avoided, they wear out fast as well as it would affect the ride and handling, not to mention noise at higher speeds.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2020, 16:29   #2792
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
MT \ AT tires are best avoided, they wear out fast as well as it would affect the ride and handling, not to mention noise at higher speeds.
I have eliminated MT tires. Which type of tires are better for concrete roads? HT or AT? I regularly travel around 100 kms on NH 163 which is almost 80% concrete road. Most of the new roads in Hyderabad at IT hubs are concrete roads as well. I have noticed the wear and tear was more on concrete roads on my OEM Ceat tires specially when the roads were new.
Old 2nd July 2020, 17:50   #2793
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have eliminated MT tires. Which type of tires are better for concrete roads? HT or AT? I regularly travel around 100 kms on NH 163 which is almost 80% concrete road. Most of the new roads in Hyderabad at IT hubs are concrete roads as well. I have noticed the wear and tear was more on concrete roads on my OEM Ceat tires specially when the roads were new.
H \ T with open shoulders is a good balance, they work well off road as well as on road.

Let me show you some examples, both are H \T, both are called Bridgestone dueler.

This one is an older design (D689), it is good on the road as well as off road. Used to be an OE fit for Bolero, Scorpio, Sumo, Safari etc.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dueler-689.jpg

This one is a newer design (D684II), it is more road focused but can handle off road to an extend however will slip once the path gets muddy in comparison to the older design.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-dueler-684.jpg

A \ T can sometimes be used to denote all season \ tarmac as well wherein the tread pattern is road friendly, but the common usage is to denote all terrain, if the tread pattern is aggressive, most likely the sidewall is thick, more open space in the tread - ride quality and handling will suffer, noise will be higher and it will wear out faster.
Kosfactor is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 09:05   #2794
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
TUV tyres please look for Goodyear Wranger RT \S. MRF Wanderer and Bridgestone Dueler D689
I have received mixed feedback on Goodyear because of which I did not consider them. Do take a look at reviews and talk to people using them before you invest.

Quote:
This one is a newer design (D684II), it is more road focused but can handle off road to an extend however will slip once the path gets muddy in comparison to the older design
Thanks for that info. I have been using the Dueler for the last 20K kms and they have done a great job on road and off road. I havent driven on muddy/slushy paths but have been off road on a few occasions and I havent had any problems with traction or grip. Would definitely recommend the dueler. Even the Ceat Czars are a good option , BHPian Mi2n swears by them.
procrj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 10:50   #2795
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
I have received mixed feedback on Goodyear because of which I did not consider them. Do take a look at reviews and talk to people using them before you invest.

Thanks for that info. I have been using the Dueler for the last 20K kms and they have done a great job on road and off road. I havent driven on muddy/slushy paths but have been off road on a few occasions and I havent had any problems with traction or grip. Would definitely recommend the dueler. Even the Ceat Czars are a good option , BHPian Mi2n swears by them.
Goodyear RT/S used to be OE for Bolero (very long time ago), its a good comfortable tire , also the cheapest among the three I mentioned. I have got them Goodyear fitted on my friend's Bolero 2-3 years back and it served well, it was mostly doing duty on the Bangalore-Mangalore highway. my friend's boleros in their estates also used to come with them Goodyear (they do not last long on that type of hill roads) but for mostly normal highway use its good and it's affordable.

Ceat Czar is OE on TUV, good set , so far it's holding up till about 40K, but needs replacement soon after 40K.
Kosfactor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2020, 21:05   #2796
Senior - BHPian

Does anybody here know what the service interval for the TUV 300 is if you do not complete 10,000 km? Is it six months or one year? I had done 9,200 km till March before lockdown but still haven't completed 10,000 km. Last service was done in end-September 2019.
Old 4th July 2020, 11:53   #2797
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architect View Post
Does anybody here know what the service interval for the TUV 300 is if you do not complete 10,000 km? Is it six months or one year?
I've been told by my MASS that it is the Kilometres that count. I'm usually instructed by them to schedule a service appointment whenever I clock the requisite 10,000 Km since the last service.
Old 9th July 2020, 15:28   #2798

One reason could be the humidity in certain states like Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Goa. I have seen that in Goa, vehicles get rust very quickly.
Old 9th July 2020, 17:52   #2799
BHPian

Quote:
Does anybody here know what the service interval for the TUV 300 is if you do not complete 10,000 km? Is it six months or one year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by locusjag View Post
I've been told by my MASS that it is the Kilometres that count.
When you check "With You Hamesha" app, it gives exactly the date of your next service. It will be 12 months exactly from your last service. As per MASS here at my hometown, it is either 10k KMs or 12 months, whichever is earlier. So if I had done only 5,000 kms and 12 months are up after my last service, I will have to get it serviced else I will lose my warranty.

I lost warranty of my Gixxer bike due to same reason, I was couting KMs, however, service center pointed out the condition "whichever is earlier" and voided my warranty. So wasted 4 years of warranty on my bike just like that.
ramnaresh_2000 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th July 2020, 19:14   #2800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
When you check "With You Hamesha" app, it gives exactly the date of your next service. It will be 12 months exactly from your last service.
That's not what is happening on my app. My last service was 29 September 2019. It is showing my next service due date on 11 June 2020 (which makes no sense as its neither one year nor 9 months or anything like that. Maybe it is calculating on the basis of how long I took to finish the previous 10,000 km).

I wrote to Mahindra Customer Care and instead of Customer Care dealer called back. According to Dealer, the service interval is the same as the oil change interval or 1 year whichever is earlier. This is written on the manual. I will finish 50,000 km before one year gets over.
Old 9th July 2020, 19:20   #2801
BHPian

Quote:
That's not what is happening on my app. My last service was 29 September 2019. It is showing my next service due date on 11 June 2020 (which makes no sense as its neither one year nor 9 months or anything like that.
Mine is showing exactly 12 months from last service. I traveled 5k kms since last service.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200709191602__01.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-screenshot_20200709191539__01__01__01.jpg  

Old 10th July 2020, 11:30   #2802
BHPian

The User Manual of the TUV300 lists out the Service Interval as 10,000 kms. It is not linked to the number of months. Clearly asked this question when I had bought my Truck, and when I gave it for subsequent services.

However, the warranty is 30,000 kms or 3 years whichever is earlier. I may be wrong on the figures, but it is the lesser of both KMS and years.

With relation to the App, it is linked to two things - One the number of KMs, which is listed in the milestone, and the next date which always shows one year from last service. This may be linked to how the App has been coded, linking the completion of 10,000 kms to 1 year from last service, deeming that 10,000 kms will be completed within 1 year. However, the manual is followed at all services. Attested in person.

Last edited by LegalEagle : 10th July 2020 at 11:31. Reason: Spacing
Old 10th July 2020, 12:08   #2803
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegalEagle View Post
The User Manual of the TUV300 lists out the Service Interval as 10,000 kms. It is not linked to the number of months. Clearly asked this question when I had bought my Truck, and when I gave it for subsequent services.
The '1' will catch you here.

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv-service-1.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-tuv-service-2.jpg

12 months \ 10,000 Kms whichever is earlier.

Something else that caught my eye was that it says replace tyres after 6 years regardless of how much tread is left on them, I think this is very important. I guess its time to read the manual once to see what else i`m missing - because I realized i`m doing something wrong by using a glass cleaner for interiors while reading the TUV manual, got to find something else now.
Kosfactor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2020, 16:47   #2804
BHPian

Anyone know if we can replace this foam bit in TUV? This one was damaged by rat biting and rain water is causing rust nearby. This is the case on both sides of engine bay. I believe this foam is to keep down vibrations and noise levels, I maybe wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20200709_111954.jpg  

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-img_20200709_112000.jpg  

Old 11th July 2020, 21:20   #2805
Distinguished - BHPian

My Tank has gone to the service center after a rat bit into some fuel line or something. As soon as I keyed the ignition and switched on the battery, I heard a swishing noise. And then the smell of kerosene greeted my nostrils.

My RSA contract with Mahindra was very useful and I got free towing done on a flatbed. I drove it myself onto the inclined flatbed.
Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20200711_185534.jpg

Mahindra TUV300 : Official Review-20200711_185759.jpg

There was a total lockdown in Chennai that ended a week ago. But I shouldn't have been such a good citizen and I should have driven it at least once that week. And then, this past week has been crazy with 12 hours of office work a day including today. I have let it lie untouched for 14 days straight and the rats showed me how competent they are.

Last edited by locusjag : 11th July 2020 at 21:21.
locusjag is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed