Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2022, 23:12   #1531
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: India
Posts: 185
Thanked: 523 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Au8m4pftxMefipp-...gTTTw?e=umNrL9

As promised earlier, contains an onboard of my 3rd fastest time in the last trackday.

@bullrun, please get the clutch wire checked out. Also get your gear linkages greased. Should solve the issue. Has it been raining where you are?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_2022110808390103_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9.jpg  


Last edited by bhphog : 9th November 2022 at 23:18.
bhphog is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th November 2022, 07:38   #1532
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: shimla
Posts: 278
Thanked: 320 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
Can you describe the exact behaviour you experience? Is it clutch or you are feeling excessive vibrations when taking off from standstill?
This happens only when I start the car after a prolonged stop. When I release the clutch at standstill, the whole car vibrates when the clutch reaches the biting point and the car starts moving and once on the move, all gear changes and clutch behaviour is normal. This only happens for a few kms after which all stop starts are also normal.
bullrun87 is offline  
Old 11th November 2022, 13:32   #1533
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 315
Thanked: 127 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

After 12 wonderful years and 1,84,000 km, I parted with my 2010 Ford Figo petrol Zxi.

The vehicle was trouble free till about a year back, when multiple issues started showing up, First was AC compressor failure, then change of bearing, gear shift lever cable (it took 15 days to get the correct spare), AC water leakage in cabin and finally oil leakage from engine which resulted in a major engine repair (took 5 weeks to get the car back).

Till then, I had spent pittance on this wonderful car. First tyre change at 65K, next at 135K and then the front tyres at 175K. All the parts are stock and no major overhaul till now.

It is one of the finest hatch backs to have been made and no wonder there are quite a few old generation Figo's still on road

The well calibrated HPS, excellent ergonomics and driving comfort made it a pleasure to drive inspiteof the slightly under powered but eager duratec 1.2l petrol engine.

Best in class AC, wonderful music system, electrically adjustable OVRMs, RVM with antiglare features, theater style dimming cabin lamps were all VFM features which many of the cars of that time didn't have.

It is sad after having made such great cars like Figo and Eco Sport, Ford had to close its India operation
raju2512 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 13:35   #1534
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Quick update:
=====
P.S. - That's not me in the picture ��
Congrats on the podium finish result!

Although selectively choosing your numbers and facts against people who were complete amateurs (911) or just generally not having as good of a day (M2). You were technically 11 seconds or so off the fastest times of the day over a 76s (at least) course.

Last edited by Jaggu : 14th November 2022 at 13:46. Reason: Trimming quoted post
shrivatsasomany is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 20:19   #1535
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: India
Posts: 185
Thanked: 523 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivatsasomany View Post
Congrats on the podium finish result!

Although selectively choosing your numbers and facts against people who were complete amateurs (911) or just generally not having as good of a day (M2). You were technically 11 seconds or so off the fastest times of the day over a 76s (at least) course.
Hey,
Thanks.

Not really sure how one goes about finding who is an amateur or who is not having a good day.
Also, not sure how you came up with 11s number.

My fastest was early 84s. Not really that far off considering the price difference. The fastest that a 911 or M2 did, without incurring any penalty was in the range of late 70s, i.e 77,78.

Striving to close the gap nonetheless. Any which way, my car can never beat the likes of 911, M2 and I never intend to do so, unless I have a LSD.

Cheers!

Last edited by bhphog : 14th November 2022 at 20:29.
bhphog is offline  
Old 14th November 2022, 22:24   #1536
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: India
Posts: 185
Thanked: 523 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivatsasomany View Post
Congrats on the podium finish result!

Although selectively choosing your numbers and facts against people who were complete amateurs (911) or just generally not having as good of a day (M2). You were technically 11 seconds or so off the fastest times of the day over a 76s (at least) course.
For your reference, the fastest time of each driver.

7.6s off a car priced 10x. I'll take it.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img20221114wa0014.jpg  


Last edited by bhphog : 14th November 2022 at 22:27.
bhphog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2022, 22:55   #1537
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vishy76's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: BDQ
Posts: 1,215
Thanked: 9,105 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I am facing clutch judder issues on my figo 2016 TDCI. It happens only when taking off in first gear in early mornings or when starting after a few hours. The problem does not occur during gear changes. The problem completely goes away after running 4-5 kms and I can take off normally when stuck in traffic. I face this problem everyday when going to work in the morning and again when coming back in the evening. The speed of the car is increasing proportionally to rpm and clutch pedal operation is smooth. Coolant , engine oil and brake oil levels are normal. The car has run 85000 kms. But then my earlier car ran 150000 kms with orignal clutch before I sold it. What could be the issue?
This is most probably an early symptom of clutch pressure plate wear. It happens many a times oft that the fingers on the pressure plate are not evenly worn. When the release bearing comes in contact with these fingers, the imperfect contacting of the two transmits very minor judders at the bite point. The issue reduces if you are a bit liberal with the throttle, but it otherwise persists. I had the same issue on my Spark. It got worse and also started happening when the engine was hot.

If your friction plate is not slipping, I think you should persist with it for another 10-15K km and then review the situation. You might need to eventually change the clutch set then.
vishy76 is online now  
Old 15th November 2022, 07:29   #1538
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
Hey,
Thanks.

Not really sure how one goes about finding who is an amateur or who is not having a good day.
Also, not sure how you came up with 11s number.

My fastest was early 84s. Not really that far off considering the price difference. The fastest that a 911 or M2 did, without incurring any penalty was in the range of late 70s, i.e 77,78.

Striving to close the gap nonetheless. Any which way, my car can never beat the likes of 911, M2 and I never intend to do so, unless I have a LSD.

Cheers!
Hey!

Sorry, I truly don't wish to trample on your result. You 84.26 is seriously impressive, and you've clearly poured a lot of love and time into your car to build it up to that. I am, in fact, waiting to be able to put so much of that into my own (soon!). Not to mention the skill it takes to really squeeze out the performance from the car as well. For reference you were around. For reference, you were ~7.65s faster than the median pace of clean runs at the event (91.85s), that's remarkable.

To address your questions/comments:

1) I know who was an amateur and someone not having a good day because I was at the event . I did however just notice that Ritvik (the guys driving the 911 who was in the amateur category) did give his car to Harsh to drive who was in the pro stock category so I stand corrected there, thanks for the screenshot with the car names on the right. Dhananjay wasn't having the best time putting the power down for some reason in the M2 IIRC.

2) Not sure where you are getting your numbers from. The M2 that Dhananjay drove just about broke into the 79s, he was mostly in very early 80s all day. The 911 never went faster than ~82s flat. The 76.6 was a 718 and it started in late 79s and over the day competing with Karan brought it down to 76.6 before the daylight was lost (still managed a 76.8 though in the evening!). So to correct the record, at best the 718 was doing 76.6-76.8, the 340i was doing 76.9-77.1 over the day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
For your reference, the fastest time of each driver.

7.6s off a car priced 10x. I'll take it.
Also, I totally missed your 84.26 so I do stand corrected on the 11s number I quoted earlier. Didn't notice that you ran in the open superclass (I just went by checking the times for "upto 2500cc" as per your original post.

3) That's really not how it works. It's not like a 10x more expensive car will give you that much more performance on a particular track because there are limits that exist. I feel the 718 was capable of a mid 74s, 75s run at best given the track layout, surface limits, tyres etc. From that argument, a couple of years ago that same 718 was 1s off a GT2RS (same driver) in autocross. One could say oh, just 1s off a car 4x the price. Put both cars on full BIC and the difference will be much, much larger. You get the point.

7.66s over a 76.6 second (fastest of the day) lap is actually quite a lot.
A) Given your autocross history, will appreciate how hard it is to cut down times as you get faster and faster.
B) It doesn't scale linearly.

Again, I'm not trying to put you, your car, or your stellar performance down. I just called into question your numbers (because I couldn't make sense of them) and selective information for the community.
shrivatsasomany is offline  
Old 15th November 2022, 19:38   #1539
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: India
Posts: 185
Thanked: 523 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivatsasomany View Post
Hey!

Sorry, I truly don't wish to trample on your result. You 84.26 is seriously impressive, and you've clearly poured a lot of love and time into your car to build it up to that. I am, in fact, waiting to be able to put so much of that into my own (soon!). Not to mention the skill it takes to really squeeze out the performance from the car as well. For reference you were around. For reference, you were ~7.65s faster than the median pace of clean runs at the event (91.85s), that's remarkable.

To address your questions/comments:

1) I know who was an amateur and someone not having a good day because I was at the event . I did however just notice that Ritvik (the guys driving the 911 who was in the amateur category) did give his car to Harsh to drive who was in the pro stock category so I stand corrected there, thanks for the screenshot with the car names on the right. Dhananjay wasn't having the best time putting the power down for some reason in the M2 IIRC.

2) Not sure where you are getting your numbers from. The M2 that Dhananjay drove just about broke into the 79s, he was mostly in very early 80s all day. The 911 never went faster than ~82s flat. The 76.6 was a 718 and it started in late 79s and over the day competing with Karan brought it down to 76.6 before the daylight was lost (still managed a 76.8 though in the evening!). So to correct the record, at best the 718 was doing 76.6-76.8, the 340i was doing 76.9-77.1 over the day.
No hard feelings, and I hope there are none.
We love our machines and we will defend them to death.

Ultimately, I believe that in a competitive event, one is performing to the best of thier ability and thier machines ability.
Like I said earlier, Figo is never competing with a sports car. My intention was to showcase how close the Figo can get to that level and hence I don't have the information about the difficulties of 911s and M2s.

I do agree that price doesn't justify the performance in such a small and twisty track.

I loved your car and your brutality with the brakes towards the end of the event, they were sparking at one point.

Cheers, hoping to connect with you in the finale!

Last edited by Sheel : 19th January 2023 at 14:48. Reason: lease quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!
bhphog is offline  
Old 19th November 2022, 16:02   #1540
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 10
Thanked: 13 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
No hard feelings, and I hope there are none.
We love our machines and we will defend them to death.

Ultimately, I believe that in a competitive event, one is performing to the best of thier ability and thier machines ability.
Like I said earlier, Figo is never competing with a sports car. My intention was to showcase how close the Figo can get to that level and hence I don't have the information about the difficulties of 911s and M2s.

I do agree that price doesn't justify the performance in such a small and twisty track.

I loved your car and your brutality with the brakes towards the end of the event, they were sparking at one point.

Cheers, hoping to connect with you in the finale!
Not at all!

Will definitely connect. Any further upgrades planned for the Figo?
shrivatsasomany is offline  
Old 19th November 2022, 23:10   #1541
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: India
Posts: 185
Thanked: 523 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrivatsasomany View Post
Not at all!

Will definitely connect. Any further upgrades planned for the Figo?
As for upgrades looking out for some race spec suspensions as there are none made by any brands like Eibach.
Weight reduction is on the list, fibre boot and bonnet.
bhphog is offline  
Old 15th January 2023, 15:18   #1542
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: India
Posts: 573
Thanked: 1,031 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

My Figo crossed 1.45 Lakh km recently on my recent trip to Mysore from Sivakasi. I want to get some reassurance on how long more the car will be staying niggle free. Has anyone done 2.5L in their Figo?

I am also looking to change my headlights which have whitened up considerably. I will be buying the blacked out ones found in the later iterations. I am planning to install a pair of Led Bulbs. Any suggestions on the choice of bulbs would be welcome.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 15th January 2023 at 15:32.
COMMUTER is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th January 2023, 14:28   #1543
BHPian
 
Redline Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CCU-BLR
Posts: 295
Thanked: 147 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Hey Guys I am looking to upgrade the head unit in my Figo S my18. I am looking at Sony xav 5500(7inch). But i am unable to procure a frame for the dashboard. Can someone suggest where I might find one?
Attached Images
 
Redline Shooter is offline  
Old 19th January 2023, 23:44   #1544
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: India
Posts: 185
Thanked: 523 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redline Shooter View Post
Hey Guys I am looking to upgrade the head unit in my Figo S my18. I am looking at Sony xav 5500(7inch). But i am unable to procure a frame for the dashboard. Can someone suggest where I might find one?
I am looking out for the same. Preferably for the Pioneer 9 inches system.
Saw a few frames on amazon, flipkart but not sure as they don't have a single review.
Have you tried checking local accessories shops? Shops where cheap android systems are installed should have them.

Do let me know if you find.
bhphog is offline  
Old 20th January 2023, 11:10   #1545
BHPian
 
Redline Shooter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: CCU-BLR
Posts: 295
Thanked: 147 Times
Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
I am looking out for the same. Preferably for the Pioneer 9 inches system.
Saw a few frames on amazon, flipkart but not sure as they don't have a single review.
Have you tried checking local accessories shops? Shops where cheap android systems are installed should have them.

Do let me know if you find.
I have found a few shops selling the 9-11 inch frames. I feel 9-10 inch screens are quite big and on your face. Hence planning to stick to a smaller 7 inch screen.
Also you can check Motorogue, Mumbai. They have a website too. they have a few options and pricing for accessories and audio equipments are attractive. But sadly they dont have the 7 inch frame in stock.
Redline Shooter is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2023, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks