Old 30th December 2015, 15:30   #166
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
New Ford Figo 1.5D

ODO: 3150KM

Route: 100% City in peak hours - Morning 9am and evening 6.30pm

Travel from Westmost part of Pune to Eastmost part of Pune all though the city with no open patch

Distance: 17KM one way

Occupancy: Mostly single (3 for weekends)

AC: 70% of the time (now with the cold weather no need of AC at least for half of the morning journey)

Fuel Filled : 20L

Distance Travelled: 305Km

Actual FE : 15.25Km/L

MID FE : 15.4Km/L

This is a bit on lower side IMHO; but must surely be due to my driving style being a bit aggressive.

For the current refill, I have altered my driving style a bit and I am being more gentle on the throttle. There seems to be a slight improvement with the MID FE showing 17.1Km/L for the 90Km's done from refill.

I have a Mumbai trip planned for the weekend, so the average is bound to shoot up considerably once the car gets the highway that it so loves.
Quoting my own post here just to know, what average are you guys getting under comparable conditions?

Moreover, does anyone have any good or bad experience of Shell Diesel? I have filled there twice and since then the average has reduced (though 100% city driving should have played it's part too).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
https://www.Youtube.com/watch?app=de...&v=PDvNH-Qyt9U

Motorbeam 0-100 is usually faster than other reviews
Figo diesel 9.5 sec
Polo GT TSI 10.09 sec
Abarth punto 8.96 sec

Polo GT TSI would have been still faster if there was no 3000 rpm launch limiter
Figo 1.5D sits bang in the middle of Abarth Punto and Polo GT TSI in terms of 1-100 timings.

Undoubtedly the fastest and hottest hatch under Million rupees!

Last edited by teemus : 30th December 2015 at 15:30. Reason: typo
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st December 2015, 11:39   #167
BHPian

Dropped in at Elite Ford to check the Figo brothers. Showroom experience was above par, however much as I desperately wanted to like the cars, I couldn't. The doors themselves were a big letdown. Very flimsy and Felt like tin sheets put together hurriedly. I know the engine is awesome and was willing to over look the quality and feel but my family was least interested. I was preaching the wonders of the engine and the performance all the way to the showroom but after seeing the car personally, I couldn't talk much.
A great car to drive, but my family has been pampered too much in a VW. Just my personal view.

Last edited by aneezan : 31st December 2015 at 11:40.
Old 2nd January 2016, 15:23   #168
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Figo 1.5D sits bang in the middle of Abarth Punto and Polo GT TSI in terms of 1-100 timings.
Undoubtedly the fastest and hottest hatch under Million rupees!
Since you are already owning the new Figo, how comfortable do you find the front seats to be? Over long-ish driving stints? I'm seriously considering this vehicle as my next purchase, but on a recent test drive found the front seats to be a bit lacking in lower back support. Since you use it as a daily drive, would be interested to get your feedback. Thanks!
Old 2nd January 2016, 18:37   #169
BHPian

Has anyone visited Ford showrooms after the 1st of Jan? Have they rolled back the discounts or are they still available. I called up Metro Ford in Bangalore but could not get any details over the phone.
Old 4th January 2016, 12:26   #170
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arjab View Post
Since you are already owning the new Figo, how comfortable do you find the front seats to be? Over long-ish driving stints? I'm seriously considering this vehicle as my next purchase, but on a recent test drive found the front seats to be a bit lacking in lower back support. Since you use it as a daily drive, would be interested to get your feedback. Thanks!
I personally find them very comfortable, same for wifey. I am around 5ft 10 and medium build. For me the seats were very accomodating and sufficient support for the back as well as under thigh.

The longest we have driven is from Pune to Daman which is around 330-350Km's and the journey was without any fatigue or backache. Moreover, I drive it for 17Km's one way daily in peak hours (around 75 mins) and still I have not faced any fatigue. The clutch travel is long so it takes a bit getting used to, but once done it's quite ok. Now I find driving my good ol' Santro "uncomfortable".

Yes, the front headrest could have been better is what wifey feels sitting in the passenger seat. She finds it at an awkward angle if she intends to take a nap. I second that too! While driving it's not a cause of concern though.
teemus is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 11:06   #171
BHPian

SafeDrive,
I got a call from my SA in Hyderabad. The offer is apparently still on for the 2015 stock. The price and offers will be different for the 2016 stock is what I heard. I'm just reporting what I heard, I did not get to discuss this in much detail.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeDrive0107 View Post
Has anyone visited Ford showrooms after the 1st of Jan? Have they rolled back the discounts or are they still available. I called up Metro Ford in Bangalore but could not get any details over the phone.
jetti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2016, 13:16   #172
Senior - BHPian

Very late and probably 'Irrelevant' update, especially after the TBHP official review and Karan's top notch video review.
Nevertheless, I had a chance to TD the 2015 Figo TDCI yesterday afternoon from Elite Ford, on Outer ring road (Marathahalli).

Here are my personal views vis-a-vis my 2014 1.6 GT TDi:

- As I have always maintained, I bought the 1.6 GT TDi for its timeless stance and that powerful engine. It still gets my adrenaline gushing every time I floor the pedal. Figo TDCi on the other hand is quick, but did not give me that 'Spine Tingling' feeling.

- I am not sure if its only me who felt this, but the German TDI engine seems to be bit more rev happy over the American TDCi engine.

- Figo TDCi is way too refined and there is no competition here as my GT's TDi engine sounds bad

- The doors on the Figo feel very very flimsy in comparison to the Polo's. Nothing new here and as experts have already confirmed, the light sheet metal has saved the former over 350 pounds in comparison to the German hatch.

- Figo TDCI engine has almost no turbo lag, but I felt the GT picks up speed much better/faster in comparison, when not in the turbo zone. Probably, I have got used to my GT or may be the Figo's engine has not yet completely opened up.

- Ergonomics are just awesome and though the Figo does not offer Telescopic steering, one can easily find a comfortable driving position. Really, FIAT Has to Consult Ford for this.

- Braking is way better than my GT's !! No two ways about this.

- Cabin space seems to be better than what it is on my GT, however, I felt its lost the 'Vastness' that was there on the older Figo.

All in all, my colleague was completely bowled over by this hot hatch and has booked a 2015 Titanium Figo TDCI in Deep Impact Blue
The S.A informed us that there was a possibility of price hike of about 20k for 2016 models and hence this decision.

Current cost for 2015 Figo Titanium TDCI OTR Bangalore is 8,47,349/-.

If I was in the market today for a diesel hatchback, it would be very difficult a choice between the Figo TDCi Titanium and 1.5 Polo GT TDi.

Considering the fact that I can easily save over 2lakhs and still be faster than the German, FIGO TDCI would have probably been my pick.
Vik0728 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 7th January 2016, 22:46   #173
BANNED

It seems prices have been jacked up -

https://www.india.ford.com/offers
Old 8th January 2016, 08:21   #174
BANNED

Can any one help me by showing how to get a good dashmat for Figo/aspire? Will the ecosport specific dashmat fit properly in Figo/aspire? I am also looking to buy a good set of window/windshield shades, as it will get parked in the sun often. Another concern I would like to put is whether a specific car cover will be more insulating than another when shielding from the open sun?

Last edited by COMMUTER : 8th January 2016 at 08:28.
Old 8th January 2016, 13:19   #175
BHPian

Hi guys,

Need your suggestion on a query. One of my friends has given the booking amount for a ford Figo automatic titanium variant. The dealer says he will be able to provide the delivery in the 1st week of Feb. The dealer is trying to push the aspire by giving around 70k discounts. At these prices both are costing the same amount of money and immediate delivery of the aspire. Only thing holding my friend back is that the aspire is a cs and he doesn't personally like the compact sedan look. What do you guys think?
Old 8th January 2016, 18:06   #176
BHPian

Dear BHPians,
With "Mixed Emotions", I would like to share that I have booked All New Figo Titanium Diesel Ruby Red model. It will be delivered soon.
Let me now describe in details what I mean by "Mixed Emotions":

Emotion-I: Disappointment & Enlightenment
My wife has been big fan of previous gen Honda Jazz. So we wanted to buy Jazz as our first car. We were eagerly waiting for new Jazz launch. But the package came as a disappointment to me, though my wife liked the design very much.
I convinced her with all my skills against buying new Jazz. As usual I was successful.
If not Jazz then what..? Swift was a big NO from both my mom and wife. Both were tired of looking at white Swift on every road of every city. So only request from both was- It should NOT be a "Maruti" and "White".
I started looking for available options. At the end of exhaustive research, I stumbled upon New Figo Diesel. Team-BHP's official review made me a lot more confident about my choice. To be honest, I felt like discovering what I was looking for. So many thanks for such a wonderful review.

Emotion-II: Excitement & Happiness
I truly loved the car for its powerful engine, excellent space and attractive price. Titanium model had every feature, especially the safety, I was looking for. Finally my wife liked Ruby Red color. So that's how I finalized my car, with no second choice.
I visited almost every Ford dealership in Bengaluru. I selected Cauvery Ford, as it had overall better customer satisfaction ratings. The dealer assured me that the desired model will be delivered by 4th week of December. So I booked the car on 5th December, 2015. SA offered Free Insurance, Essential Kit and Car cover. I wanted to add few accessories so requested him to keep me informed well in advance about delivery date. Everything went well and everyone in my family was excited and happy about new car.

Emotion-III: Frustration and Shocker
To my surprise, I did not get any response from Cauvery following the booking. So I called up to check the status. I was told that vehicle is getting ready and it will be delivered in December itself. Few more days passed, it was 3rd week of December, but dealer did not have any clue about the vehicle. I requested them to speed-up the processing. At the end of the 3rd week, dealer communicated that, the car will be billed by end of December and I need not worry about anything.
On 21st of December, I again called the dealer to check what has been the progress so far. SA had no clue about the car, manager did not know what SA was talking about. After couple of hours, I got call from sales manager, "Sir, your car is not available. We have Trend model available. You can take that car. But no offers will apply. If you want Titanium Ruby Red, we cannot guarantee when it will be delivered, earliest could be February-2016. None of the current offer will apply and prices may increase by 15k-20k. So if you want, take the available car. Else you can cancel your booking. We can refund money in 10 days."
It came as huge shock to me. On top of that attitude of the sales manager made me lose my cool. I did not hear a single word of apology from him.

Emotion-IV: Tiring fight
I decided to talk to senior executives at Cauvery. He at least agreed to the mistake and monetary loss of around 40k that I might have to bear because of the mistake, but said that he can't help me as it's lapse from Ford India and not Cauvery. So he suggested me that, I should either pick up Trend model or take my money back.

On 22nd December, I lodged complaint with Ford India Customer Service Department. In 24 hours I got follow up call from their inspection team. They came to conclusion that I'm not co-operating with dealer by not taking the Trend model. I clearly said, "I need ABS and height adjustable driver's seat in my car. Trend does not have this feature. Secondly if I'm paying for the car, I will choose what I want to buy." Ford India did some more inspection, found lapse in the processing of my request (They did not share any details with me about what exactly happened.). Final response from Ford India was, "We will surely take strict internal action against the dealer. We can’t give any details about what that action will be. But either you will have to pay additional cost as per 2016 pricing or cancel the booking."
The only objection I had was regarding the timing when dealer backed out from his promise of delivering the car. It came at the last moment, when I could not opt for any other dealer or brand, as everywhere it was almost end of sale. I felt this practice of locking up the customers with fake promise and then forcing him to pay more money for a mistake which customer is in no way responsible for, is in every sense fraudulent. I proposed to Ford India that I'm ready to accept technical reasons for delay in delivery. I have no issues waiting couple of weeks more. But the additional cost needs to be paid by the entity responsible for the lapse.
The response I got was-"Sorry sir, we can't do that."
I was shattered. I experienced how vulnerable consumers are in India. I explored many other options, including the legal too. I had most of the communications about delivery promise in written format. So thought I can approach consumer court.
The entire experience was tiring and I had given up hope of getting the car I loved. 2016 model was expected only by February end. I did not want to let down atmosphere of excitement in my family about my new car. So decided to go for Honda Jazz SV model. I convinced again my wife for buying Jazz. I started my enquiry with Honda dealers. At the same time opted for cancellation of Figo booking on 28th December. I got email reply from Cauvery, "Once the cheque is ready, we will get back to you."

Emotion-V: Miracle and cautious happiness
I did not hear anything from them for next 3 days. I mailed back asking for status of cancellation. I also called Ford Customer care regarding the same. There I got to know that Cauvery is trying to retain me as customer and has not processed my cancellation request. Another shocker, but with hope of getting the car I so badly wanted to own, with the same color, at the same price. But till then I had completely lost my trust on Cuavery Ford. I asked them to provide to provide VIN. It is- MAJGXXMTKGFM37812. VIN suggested that the car was manufactured on 23rd November, 2015. Everything looked fine but with some unanswered questions in mind- "What exactly happened with the car which was supposed to be delivered to me?", "Where on the earth, did they get the car, which was not at all available? (VIN suggests it is manufactured in Gujrat plant)"
So I finally decided to go with the car. Till this time, my wife had done her own research and was herself confident that Figo Diesel is the best car. I was not required to again convince her against Jazz and for Figo.
So, coming to the final part now-
I will be visiting the showroom tomorrow for PDI. I'm really happy that I'm getting the car. But would like to be cautious taking into consideration the entire experience. That makes me have "Mixed Emotions".

Thus would like to request guidance/suggestions/word of caution from fellow BHPians for PDI as well as taking the car delivery. Also do you see any possibility of future trouble from dealer regarding the service?

P.S.: Team-BHP PDI check list suggest to greet dealer and SA with smile. I’m really not sure, if smile will be my first expression after entering the showroom tomorrow more than a month after booking.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 19:20   #177
Senior - BHPian

Hi PNTlovesNano,
After reading the complete post, I will say you must double check everything about the car. Take someone with you during the PDI. Don't make full payment untill you are satisfied with everything. Nov 2015 is quite recent but your post makes this dealer look really unreliable. It's your hard earned money so you have the right to back out anytime before full payment.

Personally, I think dealer might be giving you a car allotted to someone else. Ford must have put pressure on them to retain your booking, so now some other poor chap will suffer the incompetence of dealer.

Last edited by harry10 : 8th January 2016 at 19:24.
harry10 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 19:28   #178
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
...Thus would like to request guidance/suggestions/word of caution from fellow BHPians for PDI as well as taking the car delivery. Also do you see any possibility of future trouble from dealer regarding the service?

P.S.: Team-BHP PDI check list suggest to greet dealer and SA with smile. I’m really not sure, if smile will be my first expression after entering the showroom tomorrow more than a month after booking.
I am appalled at the way Ford responded to you. Selling merely 2500 copies just after months of launch, what are they thinking of themselves! I probably would have walked away from the brand forever if I was treated this way.

The dealer may have sold the car to some one influential & are hiding that fact from you. Not sure about the other car, that might have been booked by someone else & now being allocated to you. Please do a thorough PDI - I wouldn't trust the dealer anymore.

Don't worry, when you see the car, there wouldn't be any hostile thoughts in your mind. You'll be grinning to all around you, even to your worst enemy.

Secondly, the sales & service teams are usually not connected. So there wouldn't be any backlashes due to the pre-sales episode. But, service guys can screw up too; you just have to find a better service centre if that happens.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2016, 19:32   #179
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
Hi guys,

Need your suggestion on a query. One of my friends has given the booking amount for a ford Figo automatic titanium variant. The dealer says he will be able to provide the delivery in the 1st week of Feb. The dealer is trying to push the aspire by giving around 70k discounts. At these prices both are costing the same amount of money and immediate delivery of the aspire. Only thing holding my friend back is that the aspire is a cs and he doesn't personally like the compact sedan look. What do you guys think?
If he doesn't like the CS form factor, there's your answer right there. 1st week of Feb is barely a month away anyway, it's his call if 1 month's wait is enough for him to compromise on something that he'll definitely keep much longer than that.

It's his money. He should buy what he wants, not what the dealer wants to sell/has in stock.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th January 2016 at 19:35.
Old 8th January 2016, 22:32   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya9567 View Post
Hi guys,

1st week of February delivery looks to be very optimistic. I have booked mine (same model) on 6th November & dealer (Noida Ford) says that I will get my car in 2nd week of February. I have enquired the same with NCR Ford (Vasant Kunj) & Harpreet Ford (Moti Nagar) & both of them, quoted that for booking done in Jan, car would be delivered around 2nd week of March. Here's the response I got from Ford when I emailed them as the dealer wasn't committing a date to me.

Greetings from Ford India!!!

We are in receipt of your concern and noted down the contents of the same.

We take this opportunity to thank you for patronizing our product and we are much pleased to learn the passion that you have shown towards owning the New Ford Figo.

We promise that the wait would definitely be worth it, we shall also do our best to enhance the output of Ford New Figo in order to reduce the waiting period and meet the high demand of our esteemed customers. Our team is dedicatedly working on increasing dealer allocations to meet our valuable customer’s expectations. Our dealers shall keep you informed on the tentative date of delivery based on the pending orders, order priority, vehicle allocation, etc…

While we did anticipate that the Ford would generate great demand, the rush that we have been witnessing is unprecedented. We sincerely regret that we are not able to deliver the vehicles as per the customer demand. We also understand our dealership had communicated a tentative delivery period based on pending orders available with them as against the number of vehicles getting allocated. We are working continuously with due diligence to increase the number of cars in production line to reduce the waiting time, however at this point in time we were unable to provide any concrete commitment on the same.

We would also like to inform you that the allotment of vehicles to the customers is based on order priority bookings which is purely under the purview of our respective dealers.

Our dealers shall keep you informed on the tentative date of delivery based on the pending orders, order priority, vehicle allocation, etc…

Last edited by Zodak : 8th January 2016 at 22:34.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks