Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th January 2016, 18:00   #181
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Hello everyone,

So I'm back from PDI of my new Figo. None of my friends could take out time to accompany me. No worries, my better half has always been there with me. I went through Team-BHP PDI checklist and jotted down key points in sequence to be followed for inspection.

Just inside the main entrance of the showroom, beautiful red car was parked. I guessed it right-that was our car. I entered the showroom. The manager who was working on my purchase order welcomed us. His first words were pure apology. I wasn't interested. So asked him straightaway for PDI. A sales executive came with me and started showing the car. Following is the sequence I followed:

1. Confirmed VIN on car sticker and chassis.

2. Both I and my wife inspected the car thoroughly for any sign of scratch or damage, couldn't find any. Overall car was pretty clean except for light dust settled on exterior parts. SA said car will be cleaned thoroughly and polished before delivery.

3. Then we asked SA to demonstrate all the features and functions. I must say he did a good job at that. Headlights, indicators, Automatic AC, music, electrically foldable and adjustable ORVM, driver side one touch buttons, child safety lock, driver seat height adjustment etc was working fine. Clutch also was pretty light.

Odometer reading showed distance traveled as 5km and distance to empty was 24km. Do these numbers look fine? SA was insisting that vehicle was received a day before and was brought in truck. That's why distance traveled is less.

4. MID showed body temperature to be 35°C. It was really a hot afternoon in Bengaluru. We then switched on AC. I must say it's a powerful unit.

5. I had forgotten to take pen-drive to play music from USB drive. I think I will have to do that on day of delivery.

5. I then asked my wife to try our all the things again. She also okayed everything.

7. We then went inside to talk about insurance and warranty. I was surprised to see that even after opting zero depreciation, it considers 5% depreciation before end of 6 months and 10% by end of a year. Is it right or there's something fishy?

8. In accessories, I selected side mouldings, door scuff plates, rear bumper protector, reverse parking sensors, slimline weather shields and wife's choice- interior ambient lights.

I wanted to go for MapMyIndia device with reverse parking camera, costing Rs.13,750/-. But the device was not available. SA proposed that I can instead go for parking sensors which will be very useful. Being a small car, parking won't be much difficult even without camera. His point was-device without camera costs around 11k if I purchase it from Ford. While I can get devices online staring from 6k. I liked his proposal, and selected parking sensors over camera. I would be now looking for navigation device. So any suggestions would be real help.

9. Finally, I shared minutes of entire visit with SA, and asked to email it to me, sales manager, and also general manager who were part of the chaos.

10. We thanked SA and manager and left for home.

Feeling much better now. Looking forward to day of delivery!

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 16th January 2016 at 09:00. Reason: Spacing.
PNTLovesNano is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 18:51   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PNTLovesNano View Post
I was surprised to see that even after opting zero depreciation, it considers 5% depreciation before end of 6 months and 10% by end of a year. Is it right or there's something fishy?
Hi PNTLovesNano,

Congratulations for your new car !!

Regarding the insurance policy, I think 5% depreciation till 6 months and 10% depreciation till 1 year - is for a non bumber to bumber policy. My Elite i20 was not having bumber to bumber (zero depreciation) policy during its first year and it is this same depreciation rate the service guy quoted when I brought my car there for some repairs. Thoroughly verify the insurance proposal before you make the payment. People who bought the figo recently can provide their inputs.
vpillai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 19:20   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I wanted to go for MapMyIndia device with reverse parking camera, costing Rs.13,750/-. But the device was not available. SA proposed that I can instead go for parking sensors which will be very useful. Being a small car, parking won't be much difficult even without camera. His point was-device without camera costs around 11k if I purchase it from Ford. While I can get devices online staring from 6k. I liked his proposal, and selected parking sensors over camera. I would be now looking for navigation device. So any suggestions would be real help.
Congratulations for the Figo.Regarding the navigation,your smartphone can double up as a navigation device-you have gmaps and here maps to take care. If you are hell bent on standalone navigation device you can go ahead with map my India devices which you can purchase on line too since a variety of devices are available to suit your budget.
All the best.
rakesh_r is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2016, 23:19   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakesh_r View Post
Congratulations for the Figo.Regarding the navigation,your smartphone can double up as a navigation device-you have gmaps and here maps to take care..
Thanks rakesh_r. That's a very useful suggestion. The only reason I thought of getting navigation device was unavailability of mobile networks during long journeys. I have heard that Here maps are really good for offline navigation, though haven't tried yet. Are the offline Here maps reliable for long journeys? If yes, then I would agree with you that there isn't a burning need of having dedicated navigation device.
Old 9th January 2016, 23:36   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
6. We then went inside to talk about insurance and warranty. I was surprised to see that even after opting zero depreciation, it considers 5% depreciation before end of 6 months and 10% by end of a year. Is it right or there's something fishy?
This does seem strange. I thought the whole point of zero dep is that this shouldn't happen and all parts are paid for in full in the event of a claim.

Or are you talking about the IDV of the car which does drop with time, even in a zero dep policy?
Old 10th January 2016, 01:22   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post
for booking done in Jan, car would be delivered around 2nd week of March. Here's the response I got from Ford when I emailed them as the dealer wasn't committing a date to me.

Greetings from Ford India!!!

We are in receipt of your concern and noted down the contents of the same.

We take this opportunity to thank you for patronizing our product and we are much pleased to learn the passion that you have shown towards owning the New Ford Figo.

Ford New Figo in order to reduce the waiting period and meet the high demand of our esteemed customers.

While we did anticipate that the Ford would generate great demand, the rush that we have been witnessing is unprecedented.
I still haven't understood why a plant capable of producing 25000 cars a month, can't produce even 5000 cars.

And that letter reads like it has been written by Renault for the Kwid - high demand, unprecedented rush. What a joke.
Old 11th January 2016, 16:48   #187
BHPian

Checking with folks who recently bought Figo about back seat adjustable headrests, can someone please update if change is made from fixed one to adjustable one.
Old 11th January 2016, 18:54   #188
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Checking with folks who recently bought Figo about back seat adjustable headrests, can someone please update if change is made from fixed one to adjustable one.
Confirmed by the showroom that this change has been made but only on the Titanium+ top end model. other models continue to get fixed headrests.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 19:17   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zodak View Post

We would also like to inform you that the allotment of vehicles to the customers is based on order priority bookings which is purely under the purview of our respective dealers.

Our dealers shall keep you informed on the tentative date of delivery based on the pending orders, order priority, vehicle allocation, etc…
Why cant manufacturers stand by the bookings made and ensure dealers dont allocate base don own whims and fancy. Why is allotment under dealer purview.
Old 11th January 2016, 22:14   #190
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dipen View Post
Why cant manufacturers stand by the bookings made and ensure dealers dont allocate base don own whims and fancy. Why is allotment under dealer purview.
This is process for figo / aspire:
3 months in advance, the dealer books a specific number of vehicles from the factory, that he estimates can be sold by him. He has to specify the fuel type and variant. The company will supply him only those vehicles after 3 months. This way the dealer knows what vehicle he will be having for that 3 month period, and he will try to sell only those. The colours are chosen later, before production.

If you book a variant that the dealer had not anticipated, or is already sold, then the waiting period is 3 months.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2016, 22:37   #191
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
As per the information I received from dealer, adjustable headrests are for export variant and there are no possibilities of such upgrade in Indian variant. My car is manufactured on 23rd November, still it has integrated headrests.
Can anyone suggest any solution for such integrated headrests to get better support?
Old 14th January 2016, 11:38   #192
BHPian

Finally put the Team-BHP sticker on my beloved ride! #feelinggood

Ford Figo : Official Review-20160114_081007.jpg

Also, completed 3900Km's this morning.

Ford Figo : Official Review-20160114_085859.jpg

sorry for the not-so-clear picture.

The FE shown by MID is since me topping up the tank and running 100% in city during peak hours. It was steady at 19.5kmpl but last 3 days the traffic was maddening so it's dropped down to 18.5kmpl now. The average speed also came down from 22kmph to 18kmph, so you can imagine.

I am quite happy with the average as it's being as costly as my bike over the same distance.

Last edited by teemus : 14th January 2016 at 11:43. Reason: addition
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 13:03   #193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Finally put the Team-BHP sticker on my beloved ride! #feelinggood

Attachment 1460299

Also, completed 3900Km's this morning.

Attachment 1460300

sorry for the not-so-clear picture.

The FE shown by MID is since me topping up the tank and running 100% in city during peak hours. It was steady at 19.5kmpl but last 3 days the traffic was maddening so it's dropped down to 18.5kmpl now. The average speed also came down from 22kmph to 18kmph, so you can imagine.

I am quite happy with the average as it's being as costly as my bike over the same distance.

Congratulations !
And the mileage that you're quoting is fantabulous :-) !

I have the same model ( black Titanium 1.5D , taken in Nov'15) and have done 2700 kms till date and am totally confused by the mileage figures.
100% city drives are giving me 12.5 kmpl on average while 100% highway drives are giving 22.5 kmpl +. Don't know whether it's related to my driving style :what:
dtox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2016, 14:39   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Congratulations !
And the mileage that you're quoting is fantabulous :-) !

I have the same model ( black Titanium 1.5D , taken in Nov'15) and have done 2700 kms till date and am totally confused by the mileage figures.
100% city drives are giving me 12.5 kmpl on average while 100% highway drives are giving 22.5 kmpl +. Don't know whether it's related to my driving style :what:
Actually, yes! It is related to driving style to a greater extent, I think. My past fuel-ups fetched me an average of 16.5kmpl with 100% city driving. So, I tweaked my driving style a bit.

- I am consciously being light on throttle with just optimum inputs whenever required
- I let the engine crawl (with anti-stall mechanism) in bumper to bumper traffic, if say I am anticipating moving by just 3 - 5m.
- Also, as far as possible, I try to coast to a stop when anticipating a red light.

Of course, I am not an hypermiller and I like driving my car fast but the traffic anyway does not allow me and even with muscling my way through the traffic the maximum time gain was 5 mins or less, so why waste?

It feels good, seeing the needle almost at the same position in the evening as in the morning!

On the highways, I drive at 100-120kmph constantly and fetch figures similar to yours around 22 - 23kmpl.

Last trip though, while returning from Mumbai due to some unavoidable reasons had to drive slow so tried hypermilling and I got an amazing FE of 27.5kmpl.

Won't be trying that again though as anyway for the whole week I am keeping the monster tamed, not on highways, surely!
teemus is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 11:47   #195
BHPian

Hello Guys,

Has anyone bought the Figo 1.5L Ti-VCT AT model. I would like to know how good it is as a daily commuter vehicle!!

If anybody owns this vehicle, please throw some light on the drivability, high speed stability, how safe/confident you feel being inside this vehicle and how does the 6-speed dual clutch automatic gearbox perform (I read in the official review that it is not very quick and there is significant lag between the shifts)?

Also, a tire upgrade is mandatory or the 175/R14 are okay to live with?

A hint on expected fuel efficiency as well, please?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks