Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st February 2016, 17:17   #301
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
Heard that Ford has appointed Manasarovar as another dealer in Chennai. The opening of the showroom and ASC will be very soon. Presently Manasarovar is the authorized dealer for Honda two wheelers.
Hello RGK
Yes you heard right! Maansarovar FORD is opening up at near Iyyapanthangal (after Porur). The showroom construction is almost complete with inner works pending (I ain't relative of theirs. its just that I daily travel by the same route
In Porur too Maansarovar folks have Honda Car Dealership too apart from the TWH showrooms mentioned by you. Chennai badly needed more number of Ford dealers as MPL has almost lost its sheen and charm with only Chennai Ford at Arumbakkam and Thiruvallur serving the people.
Old 23rd February 2016, 18:58   #302
BHPian

need an advice from the experts

my new ford figo diesel trend variant has clocked about 3000 kms as of now. off late i have noticed a vibration sound from the engine bay when the car is idling or when I change gears. It mostly sounds like a loose air filter assembly rattling noise but the FASS where i did the first free service said its a common noise in all new figo's and nothing to worry. the sound is irritating in the otherwise excellent car. request the experts to give me some advice regarding this
Old 23rd February 2016, 22:34   #303
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbala View Post
.... vibration sound from the engine bay when the car is idling or when I change gears. It mostly sounds like a loose air filter assembly rattling noise but the FASS where i did the first free service said its a common noise in all new figo's and nothing to worry...
I'm no expert here but if the noise is more than the usual diesel engine sound then I would recommend you to monitor the issue further & talk to the FASS guys once again. My new FigoTDCi has crossed 10,000KM and I haven't noticed any peculiar noise from the engine bay (it's another thing that the engine vibrations are felt in the cabin during ignition/turning off the engine!!). In fact, the car has only become smoother as it gobbled up miles
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2016, 00:16   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbala View Post
need an advice from the experts

my new ford figo diesel trend variant has clocked about 3000 kms as of now. off late i have noticed a vibration sound from the engine bay when the car is idling or when I change gears. It mostly sounds like a loose air filter assembly rattling noise but the FASS where i did the first free service said its a common noise in all new figo's and nothing to worry. the sound is irritating in the otherwise excellent car. request the experts to give me some advice regarding this

In my car, it was the rod that holds up the bonnet when it's up that was vibrating in its socket. I just removed it and kept it in my boot - that fixed it
Old 24th February 2016, 18:38   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
The Dealer has declined to add a lot of omissions. He has agreed to fit fog lamps, music system and chrome pack alone for 4.5k, 14k and 5k respectively.
Hi there. I have booked a Figo Base diesel model recently and I intend to gradually bring it at par with the high specced models after I have taken delivery. It would be kind of u to inform me regarding the additions done by you at the dealer as well as the aftermarket level. Kindly reply with cost involved and pics where ever possible. Thanks in advance.
Old 25th February 2016, 09:52   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shahbaz.k View Post
Hi there. I have booked a Figo Base diesel model recently and I intend to gradually bring it at par with the high specced models after I have taken delivery. It would be kind of u to inform me regarding the additions done by you at the dealer as well as the aftermarket level. Kindly reply with cost involved and pics where ever possible. Thanks in advance.
Things like Passenger airbags, ABS cannot be installed aftermarket in the car. So do keep that in mind.

Also, if it's the better features that you need, it will more VFM & headache free option to buy a higher spec variant itself.
Old 25th February 2016, 13:31   #307
BHPian

Quote:
Shabaz,
All new ford cars come with default dual airbag right from the starting variant itself. You can add music systems, orvms, set of speakers, rear parking assist. You can check with the dealer for the standard price list of accessories and can compare the same on eBay and other e-commerce websites. Certain stuff can be purchased from websites who are shipping from China. Since your location says Srinagar, fog lamps is a must must stuff which you must have. Get powerful headlamps too. Orvms with turn indicator mounted on them shall be costly in the range of Rs 5000. Good quality pioneer music system shall cost you around Rs 4500 and set of Sony Xplod Speakers with wiring etc should cost somewhere Rs 10,000 to Rs 11,000.
Hope this helps.
Old 25th February 2016, 14:11   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi there. I have booked a Figo Base diesel model recently and I intend to gradually bring it at par with the high specced models after I have taken delivery.
If I were you, I would save up for a couple of months and go for a higher variant instead, as -
- Safety cannot be added later on ( ABS, passenger Airbag)
- Your insurance does not count these add-on features, and covers your basic car alone.
- Warranty is being risked if done outside of the dealership
- Craftsmanship Quality would never match factory precision - damaged / untidy car after fitment (?!)
- Saves you a lot of hassle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Things like Passenger airbags, ABS cannot be installed aftermarket in the car. So do keep that in mind.

Also, if it's the better features that you need, it will more VFM & headache free option to buy a higher spec variant itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDED View Post
Shabaz,
All new ford cars come with default dual airbag right from the starting variant itself.
If my memory serves right - Figo has a base variant with 'only' the driver side airbag ( unlike the Aspire )
aravind.anand is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 14:52   #309
BHPian

Thanks a lot for the suggestions friends. Now I have made up my mind to cancel my booking and opt for the trend variant after a couple of months.
shahbaz.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2016, 16:17   #310
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot for the suggestions friends. Now I have made up my mind to cancel my booking and opt for the trend variant after a couple of months.
Shahbaz
Right decision! After market stuff needs to be carefully selected and installation to be done by professionals only. And in case you are taking Ford Extended warranty or warranty of any sort, tinkering with the electrical fittings will render the warranty void. Even, when I was considering to buy Ford Figo Aspire, Trend variant was on top of my mind always.
Keep safe!
Old 25th February 2016, 18:56   #311
BHPian

had been to the FASS today and the service in charge seemed to be a nice person. Tried to locate the origin of the sound but was not able to due to lack of time( I had been there late in the evening). What surprised and shocked me was everything, I mean almost everything, right from the battery compartment, the air cleaner assembly, the a/c tube to the compressor, the radiator and even the headlight assemblies seem to be very loosely fitted and he was able to shake all the above mentioned with his bare hands. Finally he asked me to bring in the car again on Monday morning and said that they would sort everything during that day.... When I asked him if all these loose figments was normal, all I got was a wry smile and " don't worry Saar, we would fix everything next time " .... Now should I be worried??
Old 26th February 2016, 06:32   #312
BHPian

Dear current owners : A quick check - I notice a very feeble buzzing sound after vehicle is locked (after engine is shut and car parked). It takes an attentive ear to notice this sound. It stays for a while (long enough to notice), then vanishes. If someone knows the cause, kindly share. Otherwise, let me dig deeper.

If its variant specific, I own Titanium+
Old 27th February 2016, 16:31   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Dear current owners : A quick check - I notice a very feeble buzzing sound after vehicle is locked (after engine is shut and car parked). It takes an attentive ear to notice this sound. It stays for a while (long enough to notice), then vanishes. If someone knows the cause, kindly share. Otherwise, let me dig deeper.

Can you be a bit more specific as to from where does the sound originate? Where should one focus his attention to notice if the sound is present or not? I have the titanium plus variant as well but I haven't noticed any sound.
Old 28th February 2016, 00:14   #314
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Its probably some fan that has a delayed shutdown setting
Old 28th February 2016, 09:14   #315
BHPian

Quote:

Although I have the Titanium plus, this is noise is not variant specific. The noise is generated by the coolant pump sorting itself out after the engine is switched off. This is normal. You might find it not happening when you idle for 15-20 seconds and then switch off.

Z

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks