Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2016, 15:11   #406
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
You're getting 21-22 kmpl on highway runs or city runs ?....

I'm running Yokohama S drive 195 / 55 / R15
I drive mostly on inter - town 30ft wide decent roads (moderate traffic to deal with!) with the AC on 100% of the time.
And your Figo looks cool with those wheels
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 15:30   #407
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I'd like to know if there is anything solid on this peppiness front or is it just a feeling of the mind. Can anyone confirm. Especially the owners who are well past the 5k kms range.
Now I am pretty sure I am not imagining things. There sure is some difference. I have taken the car to two FASS. One SA did agree a heavy engine but did not do or suggest anything other than to open up the engine by not driving too safe/lethargic. Other SA did not find anything amiss.

My third service is due next week. I am going to raise the issue again (not sure if this is even an issue for them as the car otherwise runs fine). Lets see what comes up.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 17:10   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I'd like to know if there is anything solid on this peppiness front or is it just a feeling of the mind. Can anyone confirm. Especially the owners who are well past the 5k kms range.
I don't own a Ford, but I can very much relate to your feeling. I've felt it in my Lodgy at times and I've marked it down as a psychological thing. Here's how I found it: Happened to drive a relative's i10 for a couple of kms as he doesn't know to drive. After that episode, came back to my Lodgy and drove it and found it extremely tractable and peppy!

That said, I've found marginal differences in power delivery when you alternate fuel stations. I alternate between BP and Indianoil. Last time I refuelled at an Indianoil outlet and the next one will be a BP one. I've observed that the engine's delivery is really sharp, than so, refuelling in the same fuel station. Different refineries have different ways of refining and I believe it shows on the diesel that's dispensed.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 20:24   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
I don't own a Ford, but I can very much relate to your feeling. I've felt it in my Lodgy at times and I've marked it down as a psychological thing. Here's how I found it: Happened to drive a relative's i10 for a couple of kms as he doesn't know to drive. After that episode, came back to my Lodgy and drove it and found it extremely tractable and peppy!
I think its more related to Metal aspect than the car itself however we can relate it quality of fuel as well. I switched to SHELL from HP and performance of the engine was spoton(in terms of power and FE) however there was slight increase in Engine noise at higher gears.
nilpat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 20:36   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilpat View Post
I think its more related to Metal aspect than the car itself however we can relate it quality of fuel as well. I switched to SHELL from HP and performance of the engine was spoton(in terms of power and FE) however there was slight increase in Engine noise at higher gears.
Yes, we car buffs are so conscious about how our cars drive, sometimes it becomes an extreme condition. My cousin, who has not even an iota of interest in cars says he's never thought about the engine or anything because his mind is so occupied with the "important things of life" while he's driving. In fact, I was the one who identified a fault in his car, to which he was totally oblivious. Yeah, being a car fan has its pros and cons.
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2016, 20:58   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftdiesel View Post
... Here's how I found it: Happened to drive a relative's i10 for a couple of kms as he doesn't know to drive. After that episode, came back to my Lodgy and drove it and found it extremely tractable and peppy!

That said, I've found marginal differences in power delivery when you alternate fuel stations... Different refineries have different ways of refining and I believe it shows on the diesel that's dispensed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nilpat View Post
I think its more related to Metal aspect than the car itself however we can relate it quality of fuel as well...
I think one gets a better feel of their car's peppiness or the lack of it when they get a chance to drive some other car once in a while (I agree with your i10 and Lodgy observation Swiftdiesel ).

Driving the same car every day does make one sort of insensitive to its performance as we subconsciously expect its output for our throttle input anyway

And yes, even I feel the differences in performance when I switch fuel pumps!!

Last edited by espraveen : 4th May 2016 at 21:01.
Old 5th May 2016, 14:58   #412
BHPian

I am looking to buy a diesel hatchback in the 8-9 lakh range. I have driven the ford figo for about 20kms. Here are my two cents.
pros
> The engine is phenomenal. I believe there is simply no diesel car south of 10 lacs that can match the performance. The in gear acceleration is also very good and the competition simply cant match this.
>The build quality is decent for the price although I found the baleno and i20 to be better.
>Brakes are great too, much better than the swift that I am used to and so is the ride quality.
> The OVRM's are simply too small.
>I really liked the decent storage spaces offered inside the cabin. The boot size is decent for the segment although the loading lip is a bit high.
>The steering is nice to hold and weighs up nicely with speed and is much more lively than the i20.
>The driving position and seat comfort in general are good.

cons
>The test drive car was rattling with 25k on the odo but then again such cars are abused.
>The salesman said upgrading the tyres will void the warranty.
>I did not like the gear shift quality that much and its nowhere near as good as an i20. Since the engine is not free revving, I had a hard time trying to rev match downshift .I am more accustomed to driving free revving petrol cars though. Do you guys find it easy to rev match downshift in the figo?

Last edited by bullrun87 : 5th May 2016 at 15:00.
bullrun87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 20:03   #413
Senior - BHPian

Re: Price for 2016 and spec list of Figo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherlocked View Post
Hi!
Just curious, what additional features are offered in Trend+ over the regular Trend. Hope it has the addition of ABS at least?
Alloys and some better grills is what he said.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
What are the current offers/discounts for Figo diesel in Kerala? Figo titanium diesel would be ideal replacement for my Grand i10 diesel Asta (O). I would miss only push start button and folding mirrors but gain those extra horses. It's just a remote thought in my mind provided there is adequate Vitamin M.
They didn't mention any .
Also, Figo should handle better than i10. Get the Titanium +.
jkdas is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 20:08   #414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkdas View Post
They didn't mention any .
Also, Figo should handle better than i10. Get the Titanium +.
I will consider Figo only after selling grand i10. I am getting Kwid and S cross 1.6 this month. Too many cars in garage right now I asked Mangalore dealer and present discounts are free insurance and extended warranty.
Old 5th May 2016, 20:25   #415
BHPian

Dr.Naren,
Ford's site mentions free insurance and exchange bonus of 18000.
https://www.india.ford.com/offers

You's get electric folding mirrors on Titanium and Titanium+, but they don't auto-close/open. So only thing you'd miss is a push button start

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
What are the current offers/discounts for Figo diesel in Kerala? Figo titanium diesel would be ideal replacement for my Grand i10 diesel Asta (O). I would miss only push start button and folding mirrors but gain those extra horses. It's just a remote thought in my mind provided there is adequate Vitamin M.
jetti is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th May 2016, 20:34   #416
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Dr.Naren,

You's get electric folding mirrors on Titanium and Titanium+, but they don't auto-close/open. So only thing you'd miss is a push button start
I thought Figo did not have electronic folding mirrors because it did not auto fold on lock/unlock like my grand i10. It's the same with my baleno too I would be missing push button start and rear AC too. But that extra horses is all what I need. This would be an ideal car with S cross 1.6 in my garage. Vit M is lacking big time now after booking 2 new cars
Old 5th May 2016, 22:55   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
.... I did not like the gear shift quality that much and its nowhere near as good as an i20. Since the engine is not free revving, I had a hard time trying to rev match downshift .I am more accustomed to driving free revving petrol cars though. Do you guys find it easy to rev match downshift in the figo?
Gear-shift does have a long throw in the Figo & rev matching needs some getting used to as well. But the engine more than makes up for this minor drawback IMHO
Old 5th May 2016, 22:59   #418
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Dr.Naren,

#Total benefits on Ford Aspire and Figo on select variants includes Free Insurance + Exchange bonus Rs.18,000 + Loyalty Bonus .

Free Insurance is for first year only through Ford preferred partners. Loyalty bonus is applicable on Figo and Ford Aspire to existing Ford owners or their immediate family members (parents, brothers, sisters, spouse and children) in the form of Extended warranty (3rd Year).

Extended warranty (3rd Year) for Ford Aspire or Figo is valid within 60,000 km or during 3 years from date of first purchase of car, whichever comes earlier.

I was told that you get deal for Trend and up only.
jkdas is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th May 2016, 12:43   #419
BHPian

Got the Wheel Balancing, alignment and rotation done today. Have just crossed 18000KM. Was originally planning to do it during the 20K third service, but going for a long trip next week. Hence the slightly premature Balancing/Alignment plan. Pictures of the front discs attached:
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160508_112714.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160508_112544.jpg  

Old 8th May 2016, 19:21   #420
BHPian

Anyone has good repo with SA/ Mechanic at Talera Ford, Wagholi? Need some help in checking a car. TIA

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks