Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th May 2016, 12:36   #421
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by zavegur View Post
Checked with the service guys today. Since i am busy this week, asked them to pickup/drop the car- they said it was available only on Friday.

Since Figo is my daily runner I asked them if it is fine to run the car without getting this checked. Promptly came the reply, 'sir please come tomorrow and get it resolved'.

Now I appreciate the honesty, I wonder what the actual reasons are for this recall. I am thinking of staying back in the garage till they sort it out, will try to gain more information if available from the SAs; they've asked for 1 hr for this task, will find out and let you know.

Z

Following up on my earlier post, I got the appointment scheduled for Saturday, and appeared on time. Update was less than 5 minutes, few points worth noting:

1. Takes 5 minutes
2. Erases trip meter readings
3. No receipt/ note issued following the update, but the software update is registered in Ford's customer files (database)
4. They annoy you really well with after service customer feedback!

Thanks.

Z
Old 10th May 2016, 12:42   #422
BHPian

Quote:
Following up on my earlier post, I got the appointment scheduled for Saturday, and appeared on time. Update was less than 5 minutes, few points worth noting:

1. Takes 5 minutes
2. Erases trip meter readings
3. No receipt/ note issued following the update, but the software update is registered in Ford's customer files (database)
4. They annoy you really well with after service customer feedback!

Thanks.

Z
In my case, I did receive an Invoice with Rs. 0/- with details regarding software update and minor door rattle taken care of.

Secondly, regarding service feedback, I actually don't mind that. In fact, I appreciate this from Ford as you can bring something to their notice if anything is amiss (about car or dealership). To be fair, we cannot have it both ways, if they don't we will say Ford doesn't care and if they do then we say it is annoying.

I am pretty sure, Maruti also gathers these feedbacks after each and every service.
Old 10th May 2016, 13:21   #423
BHPian

Tyre Burst!

That’s the crux of it really. I was cruising at about 110kmph on the Bangalore- Salem highway when with any precursor or me running over a debris or anything, the RR tyre burst @ about 2pm. The tyre got torn vertically along the rim and not on the tread causing me worries on the quality. The rim is fine upon visual inspection. I used the stock Apollo Amazer tyres- 14”. I own a silver new Ford Figo TDCI, Titanium plus.

It was really scary as I was with my 3yr daughter and wife when this happened; there was no over loading in the car and it underwent the first service on 14 Apr 16. Since the burst happened at a high speed there was a wobble and I was very close to losing control before my sane part of brain functioned and I got my control back- thanks to the amazing brakes and the ABS. Luckily I was able to negotiate my way for a complete halt with out any untoward drama or incident. Inspected the tyre and could see that it was not caused by anything on the road. Since I was running really late for a funeral, I swapped the spare tyres myself and did not call the road side assistance.

My Options:

I reached Bangalore yesterday and had called Metro Ford informing this and they have promised for a call back today. Still waiting for the call. I have asked them for an inspection as well.

1. Since the car was bought less than 4 months, I assume this is claimable under warranty
2. Do I have to be aware of any process in this?
3. Although I did not notice any difference in performance after changing the tyre I am going to ask them to inspect the car for any other anomalies. In your opinion, do I have to look for any anything in particular?
4. After removing the stock tyre, I notice rust formation on the wheel hub (not on alloy), anything to worry about?
5. Although the service guys at metro ford are courteous, do I have to escalate already?
6. Are there any similar report of tyre bursts for FIGO?

Appreciate your inputs please.

Thanks,

Z
Old 10th May 2016, 13:48   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Tyre Burst!

That’s the crux of it really. I was cruising at about 110kmph on the Bangalore- Salem highway when with any precursor or me running over a debris or anything, the RR tyre burst @ about 2pm. The tyre got torn vertically along the rim and not on the tread causing me worries on the quality. The rim is fine upon visual inspection. I used the stock Apollo Amazer tyres- 14”. I own a silver new Ford Figo TDCI, Titanium plus.

It was really scary as I was with my 3yr daughter and wife when this happened; there was no over loading in the car and it underwent the first service on 14 Apr 16. Since the burst happened at a high speed there was a wobble and I was very close to losing control before my sane part of brain functioned and I got my control back- thanks to the amazing brakes and the ABS. Luckily I was able to negotiate my way for a complete halt with out any untoward drama or incident. Inspected the tyre and could see that it was not caused by anything on the road. Since I was running really late for a funeral, I swapped the spare tyres myself and did not call the road side assistance.
Scary indeed.. But If I would have been you, I would have taken some time off and do a thorough investigation and follow this thread of GTO.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/owning...t-blowout.html

It has quite a few reasons and pointers and also preventive measures on exactly same issue. All the best diagnosing.

Quote:
My Options:

I reached Bangalore yesterday and had called Metro Ford informing this and they have promised for a call back today. Still waiting for the call. I have asked them for an inspection as well.

1. Since the car was bought less than 4 months, I assume this is claimable under warranty
2. Do I have to be aware of any process in this?
3. Although I did not notice any difference in performance after changing the tyre I am going to ask them to inspect the car for any other anomalies. In your opinion, do I have to look for any anything in particular?
4. After removing the stock tyre, I notice rust formation on the wheel hub (not on alloy), anything to worry about?
5. Although the service guys at metro ford are courteous, do I have to escalate already?
6. Are there any similar report of tyre bursts for FIGO?

Appreciate your inputs please.

Thanks,

Z
My close friend had a tyre bust (Bridgestone) after running 3000 kms on his new octavia in 2013 Q1. The dealer was supportive enough in claiming the warranty and also stood by him all the time. So, I don't think you need to raise a flag unless people are not supportive. Usually, claims take time in our country and there could be delays in certain cases but I am sure it would work well.

All in all, you should thank your stars.

Cheers.. Shiv
Shiv_1984 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2016, 15:23   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Tyre Burst!

Z
I got a call from Metro Ford and on their advice, I have dropped the burst tyre. They have said that Apollo's warranty team will look into it and get back to me on their decision- take estimate-3-4 days.

A note of thumbs up to the branch manager: I had asked for a spare tyre as I was planning for a road trip to Chennai this weekend- he readily gave me one. Although it was a size smaller, do appreciate the understanding from the dealer.

Thanks

Z
Old 12th May 2016, 17:45   #426
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
...They have said that Apollo's warranty team will look into it and get back to me on their decision- take estimate-3-4 days.
Do you remember the tire pressure at the time (last fill figure) ?

I had a shock when I tried to inflate the tires during my last month tank full. It was delivered from the showroom with 42 psi on each tire. I still have no clue why would they do that !! So, in effect I had to bring each tire down to 30 psi. I am sure it would have blasted like bombs if I took a highway drive in the 35-40° heat in Karnataka.
Old 13th May 2016, 19:50   #427
BHPian

I noticed something new today, while I insert key before MID displays total KM covered detail, I see a message (shown in image below) , can someone help me decipher this ?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160513_194203837.jpg  

Old 13th May 2016, 22:16   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I noticed something new today, while I insert key before MID displays total KM covered detail, I see a message (shown in image below) , can someone help me decipher this ?
Could be the service reminder. Please get it checked at the service center.
Old 13th May 2016, 23:08   #429
BANNED

Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunilg33 View Post
Could be the service reminder. Please get it checked at the service center.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post

That's right. As Sunil said, the spanner with "Ser On" is a service schedule reminder. It's supposed to some up at 10,000 intervals or a year from reset. Mine, however, came up at 6500 and had to visit the FASS to get them to reset it. Took them 5 minutes to figure out, and under a minute to get rid of it.
Old 16th May 2016, 17:27   #430
BHPian

Bi xenon HID

I was planning to upgrade the headlamps ever since I brought her home, I had bought the required stuff a while back but didn't had the time to get it all installed. This weekend I had some spare time and it was dedicated to this long pending work

I skipped on all the fancy stuff like drl and those angel eye rings as all I wanted was better illumination and practicality.

I went for morimoto projectors along with philips hid. I wanted to get the headlamps all blackened but later went against it as it would have made the headlamps look hollow as these are quite a bit swept back.

Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-wip.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-wip2.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-jwd.jpg  

Speedshift is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 19:01   #431
BHPian

I have booked a figo trend 1.5D. The dealer has some old stock to clear up. He has several january and february 16 models. He offered a GR-XXXXX car(february 2016) with goodyear tyres for PDI today. The Odometer shows 55kms. The car was covered in dust but was stored under a roof and was not baking under the sun. Tires were november 2015 make. I checked the interiors and engine bay and didn't find anything peculiar. The dealer is offering 15000 discount along with seat covers and rear parking sensors. Is this a good deal for a 3 month old car or should I go for a new one with much lesser discount?

Last edited by bullrun87 : 16th May 2016 at 19:06.
Old 16th May 2016, 19:22   #432
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
I was planning to upgrade the headlamps ever since I brought her home, I had bought the required stuff a while back but didn't had the time to get it all installed. This weekend I had some spare time and it was dedicated to this long pending work

I skipped on all the fancy stuff like drl and those angel eye rings as all I wanted was better illumination and practicality.

I went for morimoto projectors along with philips hid. I wanted to get the headlamps all blackened but later went against it as it would have made the headlamps look hollow as these are quite a bit swept back.

http://Youtu.be/ZRlSsPRpSR8

The projectors look very nice - could you share the price & where you got them fitted please. I may like to get this upgrade if priced reasonable

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I have booked a figo trend 1.5D. The dealer has some old stock to clear up. He has several january and february 16 models. He offered a GR-XXXXX car(february 2016) with goodyear tyres for PDI today. The Odometer shows 55kms. The car was covered in dust but was stored under a roof and was not baking under the sun. Tires were november 2015 make. I checked the interiors and engine bay and didn't find anything peculiar. The dealer is offering 15000 discount along with seat covers and rear parking sensors. Is this a good deal for a 3 month old car or should I go for a new one with much lesser discount?

I got rear parking sensors from the showroom for 2500/- sound warning only. But they work just fine. Check the price of similar seat covers in the market & then add them all up - if the discount adds up to 30k + it is a fair deal.
Ricky_63 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th May 2016, 20:33   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky_63 View Post
The projectors look very nice - could you share the price & where you got them fitted please. I may like to get this upgrade if priced reasonable
The total expenditure was around 28k including projectors, shroud, hid, ballast and installation. Installation was done at retro rides. I only got the installation done from them and procured all the stuff myself through different sources, please do research your bit, it will save you some money.

Cheers
Speedshift is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 20:09   #434
BHPian

So guys I have purchased a ford figo diesel , will post some pictures soon. I had some clarification about running in of the engine. Now the manual says that the the car needs to be run in for the first 1500kms or so. Now as per my understanding running in of the figo diesel means
1) gentle acceleration and not exceeding 2000 rpm in any gear.
2) Braking should also be done as gently as possible.
3) varying your rpm frequently is good for the car.
4) Long highway trips or time spent in bumper-to-bumper traffic is bad for the run-in process.
I need to make a long highway trip to rajasthan in about ten days. Should I avoid taking the car to a 1000km highway trip during the running in period?
bullrun87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th May 2016, 20:59   #435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
So guys I have purchased a ford figo diesel , will post some pictures soon. I had some clarification about running in of the engine. Now the manual says that the the car needs to be run in for the first 1500kms or so. Now as per my understanding running in of the figo diesel means
1) gentle acceleration and not exceeding 2000 rpm in any gear.
2) Braking should also be done as gently as possible.
3) varying your rpm frequently is good for the car.
4) Long highway trips or time spent in bumper-to-bumper traffic is bad for the run-in process.
I need to make a long highway trip to rajasthan in about ten days. Should I avoid taking the car to a 1000km highway trip during the running in period?
Don't get too pedantic about this running-in thing. Diesels today are built robust and they can take a lot of what you throw at 'em. Your engine's already been on a test bed, passed a lot of tests and finally in your car. Just enjoy your car and of course, you don't want to be red-lining it just yet, but otherwise, you're just fine. It's not just 1000 kms, even a 5000 kms highway trip is fine. Enjoy your trip!
swiftdiesel is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks