Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th May 2016, 21:00   #436

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
So guys I have purchased a ford figo diesel , will post some pictures soon. I had some clarification about running in of the engine. Now the manual says that the the car needs to be run in for the first 1500kms or so. Now as per my understanding running in of the figo diesel means

1) gentle acceleration and not exceeding 2000 rpm in any gear.

2) Braking should also be done as gently as possible.

3) varying your rpm frequently is good for the car.

4) Long highway trips or time spent in bumper-to-bumper traffic is bad for the run-in process.

I need to make a long highway trip to rajasthan in about ten days. Should I avoid taking the car to a 1000km highway trip during the running in period?

I guess you can take ur figo to 1000 kms but then you need to avoid speeding over 80km/hr. And it's really difficult to control your temptation to race this beast.
All the best and have a safe journey. Congrats and wel-come to the family.
nit787 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 09:27   #437
BANNED

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

General update on my Figo 1.5 D Base as on 11,May 2016

Date of purchase - 5,January 2016
Mileage - 8242 kms
Fuel filled - 437.34 liters
Fuel efficiency - 22.26 kmpl

Add ons - Fog lamps 4k, passenger orvm 2.2k, TITANIUM badge .4k, floor mat 1.5k, floor carpet 2k, seat cover autoform 6.4k, puncture kit with 12v air compressor lump 1k.

Runs as it was intended to be run. Minor rattle are there, but nothing unforgivable.
Old 19th May 2016, 16:41   #438
BHPian

Hello All,

I just spoke to an S.A from Lathangi Ford Bangalore asking for a quote on 1.5D T+ and he said it to be 9.48 OTR. On asking for discounts, he said he can give free insurance which is worth 30k (which I know is BS anyway).

On insisting more that I may not be very convinced with the price he is quoting, he went on saying that this is the max he can offer me on Phone A personal face to face discussion would be better. Told him I will call once I am in Blore at the end of the month. The final OTR he quoted on PHONE is 9.14 which is quite high for a car which is not in much demand.

Can anyone help me out how much can I squeeze out on this deal or what other dealers are currently offering ? Thanks in advance.

Cheers..
Old 19th May 2016, 16:47   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiv_1984 View Post
..... On asking for discounts, he said he can give free insurance which is worth 30k (which I know is BS anyway)..
Get quotes from Metro Ford as well. I took the insurance on my own, saved more than 15k that way. Do brands fluctuate their selling prices based on demand and supply ? I really dont think so ! If that was the case, I would have bought the S Cross 1.6 Alpha eyes closed, because many are reporting that's the least in demand variant and Suzuki might even stop producing it. Enough reason to sell it as "buy one get one free"
Old 19th May 2016, 18:19   #440
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Get quotes from Metro Ford as well. I took the insurance on my own, saved more than 15k that way. Do brands fluctuate their selling prices based on demand and supply ? I really dont think so ! If that was the case, I would have bought the S Cross 1.6 Alpha eyes closed, because many are reporting that's the least in demand variant and Suzuki might even stop producing it. Enough reason to sell it as "buy one get one free"
I know about the Insurance part being way cheaper outside but didn't want to make it a point of discussion on a call really. Seems irrelevant on the very first call.

All I wanted him to do is to consider me a potential customer which I think he realised a bit later and did. Now, once I am in Bangalore next week, I need to visit the ford showrooms and get the best out of them (if I can) considering I really admire the Figo as a package and would like to have one, If I don't get my Feb booked Baleno by end of June. Frankly, the desperation for Baleno mellowed down a bit after I explored the Figo extensively (on the internet) What a lovely all rounded car IMHO.

cheers.. Shiv
Old 19th May 2016, 18:30   #441
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I know about the Insurance part being way cheaper outside ....What a lovely all rounded car IMHO.
In fact you should mention it in the first interaction itself because insurance is a big chunk of profit coming to them without any effort. I did that as suggested by few other friends and rest of the negotiation was easy. When they say a 50k discount as free insurance, loyalty bonus, monthly discount etc. every penny comes into play. Not many go for opting the insurance by self. I went with Royal Sundaram which is already affiliated to Ford. So, things are easy.

All New Figo is the only hatchback in the market right now which appealed to me in every angle. Its a superb design you won't get tired of admiring. Baleno looks good on road too, specially the blue tone. But I am not a person who will wait for months to get a delivery, so instant availability takes priority for me.
shajufx is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2016, 18:35   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
In fact you should mention it in the first interaction itself because insurance is a big chunk of profit coming to them without any effort. I did that as suggested by few other friends and rest of the negotiation was easy. When they say a 50k discount as free insurance, loyalty bonus, monthly discount etc. every penny comes into play. Not many go for opting the insurance by self. I went with Royal Sundaram which is already affiliated to Ford. So, things are easy.
Thanks for that pointer as I am out of Indian car market for 3.5 years. Now really looking forward to it. I will mention it next time I discuss with any Ford dealer.

Yes, the most brilliantly packaged in its segment. A true all rounder excelling in performance and safety.

Thanks by the way..
Old 19th May 2016, 18:58   #443
BHPian

Shiv_1984,

Do check the latest offers on the Ford site in force before you visit the showroom. https://www.india.ford.com/offers
This way you'll know what is already being offered and help in bargaining. Currently it shows:
Quote:
#Total benefits on Ford Aspire and Figo on select variants includes Free Insurance + Exchange bonus Rs.18,000 + Loyalty Bonus.
Select variants usually means Titanium and Titanium+
Quote:
Thanks for that pointer as I am out of Indian car market for 3.5 years. Now really looking forward to it. I will mention it next time I discuss with any Ford dealer.

Yes, the most brilliantly packaged in its segment. A true all rounder excelling in performance and safety.

Thanks by the way..
Old 19th May 2016, 19:17   #444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Shiv_1984,
Currently it shows:
Select variants usually means Titanium and Titanium+
This offer has been around for some time, and is the manufacturer level discount. The dealer level discounts or free accessories maybe different if bargained for. Doubtful whether any additional cash discount would be provided though.

On another note, how is the reliability of the TDCI engine. Understand that it has been around in other models such as Ecosport and Fiesta. Any insights on the long term reliability of this block?

Last edited by arindambasu13 : 19th May 2016 at 19:19.
Old 19th May 2016, 20:21   #445
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedshift View Post
The total expenditure was around 28k including projectors, shroud, hid, ballast and installation. Installation was done at retro rides. I only got the installation done from them and procured all the stuff myself through different sources, please do research your bit, it will save you some money.

Cheers
If you have been comfortable at this price range, there is a possibility that you might have considered Virtual eyes Rayzer. Did you consider that? If you happen to glance casually at it, can you share your opinion on that? It will be informative to hear from you since you have delved deep into the process of lighting upgrade.
Old 20th May 2016, 02:26   #446
BHPian

SCOOP pics ! Ford KA+ (India made Ford Figo) for international markets.

Spotted this LHD vehicle going over 165 kmph over the Vadodara-Ahmedabad expressway.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-1463691318245.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-1463691330622.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-1463691343862.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-1463691363940.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-1463691374632.jpg  

saravcshah is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th May 2016, 07:18   #447
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: SCOOP pics ! Ford KA+ (India made Ford Figo) for international markets.

Am i wrong or does the rear bumper look different in this one.

I mean the lower part of the bumper,especially around the number plate and also the rear bumper feel more protruded than the present one.
Old 20th May 2016, 08:05   #448
Senior - BHPian

Yes, it is. Probably to adhere to norms regarding rear crash absorptions.

Wonder what engines specs they have compared to the Figo's sold here.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-untitled.png  

Last edited by tharian : 20th May 2016 at 08:20.
Old 20th May 2016, 08:21   #449
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
If you have been comfortable at this price range, there is a possibility that you might have considered Virtual eyes Rayzer. Did you consider that? If you happen to glance casually at it, can you share your opinion on that? It will be informative to hear from you since you have delved deep into the process of lighting upgrade.
I haven't heard about it. But since you have mentioned it up can you please share some info about it, a link about them would be great.

Thanks.
Old 20th May 2016, 08:39   #450
Senior - BHPian

Does the Indian one's rear bumper look a little card boardish comparatively ? The depth of the bumper sure looks different. How much did they save on this ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks