Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 22:40   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
Hey, thanks for replying. I have owned a string of Maruti's which had different vins and engine numbers and this was quite weird for me . I think most other cars have different/ unrelated Vin and engine numbers.
Ford follows this terminology, unlike Maruti. Both my Fiesta and Figo have the same pattern as what you've reported.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2016, 09:58   #497
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Yes! that's the engine number(the last seven digits of the chassis number that is!!). That's how it is mentioned on my Figo's RC!
Indeed, it is so for the Ford. But, that got me thinking, what if, someone conks off the engine without any damage to the Structure (BIW) and the car needs to have a newer engine. What would happen to the VIN number in that case?
Old 8th June 2016, 21:38   #498
BHPian

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/ford/ford-ka-review/

Just went through this article on Telegraph UK. They have been very critical of Ford for Ka+. Though this is just based on preview of car and not even first look or first drive. They were of very similar opinion about Fiesta based Ecosport when it was introduced in Europe. I really wonder why automags in India are so soft while reviewing cars sold in India.

I am not a critic of Figo in anyway, in fact I was considering buying Figo Diesel, but the overall lack of involvement and some cheap bits here and there made me rethink my decision. If we look at the interior images of European Ka+, we see driver armrest, rear adjustable headrests along with 3 point seatbelt for middle passenger, some better interior parts quality. I know Hyundai differentiates on structure of car sold in India, but gives interior feel a bit closer to European and hence the premium tag and good sales for them in India.
varunswnt is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 17:16   #499
Distinguished - BHPian

If Figo had an RS version;

Ford Figo : Official Review-fordkarsrenderinglookslikeanepiclittlehooningmachine108386_1.jpg

Image Source
karan561 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 19:49   #500
BHPian

While watching the review of Figo sold in the Middle-East, i noticed this difference from the Indian Titanium version. Indian version does not get this USB slot in the titanium version whereas the Middle-East one, also made in India, gets it. It has the other USB in my-dock too!
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-figo-ict.jpg  

avingodb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2016, 20:36   #501
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post

If Figo had an RS version;
Holy cow, that just looks jaw-droppingly gorgeous Karan. Everything about that iteration is a beauty

Any idea if Ford may be planning this sometime in the near future, considering that there is news floating about the Baleno with Turbojet??

OT - I have a feeling, we may well see a Figo TDCI RS on Team BHP soon, albeit in a White Colour!!
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 00:49   #502
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik0728 View Post
Holy cow, that just looks jaw-droppingly gorgeous Karan. Everything about that iteration is a beauty

Any idea if Ford may be planning this sometime in the near future, considering that there is news floating about the Baleno with Turbojet??
I dont think India will anytime get an RS version of the Figo, Ford aint as crazy as Maruti who over use the RS badge, like they have in the Swift and Ciaz

Quote:
OT - I have a feeling, we may well see a Figo TDCI RS on Team BHP soon, albeit in a White Colour!!
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 01:39   #503
BHPian

The Base has to sell first for the RS to sell. Both figo and aspire are duds as far as sales are concerned.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 03:50   #504
BHPian

The rear doors !

Does someone else have any problem with the way they open ? They are flimsy but the door handles' action is in such a way that it feels flimsier than what it actually is. Also, the rear doors don't open outwards in one sweeping, uniform action and rather in a jerky, crude manner. Is it something to do with the hinge?

Had checked this and found the feel to be the same for other Figos and Aspires too in the dealer stockyard when I had gone for my second service !

I don't know if I'm over-imagining things or if I'm being too finicky !!
Old 11th June 2016, 11:26   #505
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Also, the rear doors don't open outwards in one sweeping, uniform action and rather in a jerky, crude manner. Is it something to do with the hinge?
Most likely this is a feature - multi stage opening - where the door is held at one of the predetermined opening stages without worrying about the door shutting on ones feet or hands. The mechanism causes the door to spring towards the stage and resist being moved out from one.

This is a feature that used to be considered for cars in the UK where winds are quite common and people wanted to be sure that the door wouldn't shut on them while boarding/exiting the car, until it became common.

Shouldn't the front doors behave similarly? As far as I remember, the rear doors usually open in two stages, while the front have three. Also the front doors are usually heavier, so the inertia reduces some of the effort required in opening/closing them.

I could be completely off though because I haven't tested nor own a Figo. If I'm right, this could be an example of a feature that is automatically treated as a defect if one doesn't know about or how to use it.

Last edited by VeluM : 11th June 2016 at 11:27.
VeluM is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 13:00   #506
BHPian

Thanks for the point of view, just hoping that could be the case ! Honestly speaking, I don't think that much of thought has gone into the door's engineering by Ford :(

I have an EcoSport also and the difference between the doors couldn't be more pronounced. Actually the rear door shape / contours of both EcoSport and Figo are strikingly similar ( the window contours, angle around the bends etc) but some serious cost-cutting seems to have happened in the panels or the hinges ( my point of view, maybe the experts can opine further on this ! )

Today when I called up the SA, he was saying over phone that it is because the rear door weighs in excess of what it should be, considering the hinges and panels in place. Highly weird !!
dtox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 14:36   #507
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the point of view, just hoping that could be the case ! Honestly speaking, I don't think that much of thought has gone into the door's engineering by Ford :(....
I have an EcoSport also and the difference between the doors couldn't be more pronounced.....
Today when I called up the SA, he was saying over phone that it is because the rear door weighs in excess of what it should be, considering the hinges and panels in place. Highly weird !!
I concur with what VeluM has said about the multi-stage opening of the doors. My Figo's doors are like that as well!!

And I completely agree with what you said about Ford's engineers messing up with the build quality of Figo's /Aspire's doors. I am seriously on the lookout out for a suitable after-market arrangement that would make the doors better (one just doesn't get a reassuring thud while closing them. Doors are parts one simply can't avoid using and we are reminded of the poor quality every time we use them. It's quite annoying )
Old 11th June 2016, 16:10   #508
BHPian

@espraveen - That's reassuring :-)
I guess I'm being too finicky here.
The build quality is still OK - may be it's the handle feel which could be the issue here. I would like to comfort myself saying that the doors are designed to give an illusory feel of being light when they actually are not.
I find the boot door and the front two doors to be quite good and solid.

Also, what's exactly missing there in the door panel so that the entire panel moves a bit when the powered windows go up n down ?
dtox is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th June 2016, 17:18   #509
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
... Also, the rear doors don't open outwards in one sweeping, uniform action and rather in a jerky, crude manner. Is it something to do with the hinge?...
That should be the 3-stage door open mechanism found in most Euro cars. Nothing to worry though it doesn't look smooth like the Marutis.

Quote:
...I have an EcoSport also and the difference between the doors couldn't be more pronounced...
The door on the Ecosport & Fiesta are in a different league (though I haven't had any experience with new Figo). Those are H-E-A-V-Y!!
Old 11th June 2016, 19:30   #510
BHPian

I drove the 1.5D last week after borrowing it from a colleague for 2 hrs. The car is amazing to drive, steering is perfectly calibrated for city driving and should be fun oh a highway too, tyres don't loose grip at all, suspension is perfect and at last, more spacious than outgoing Figo.

The only grouse is the evident cost cutting in the overall external build. I parked it next to an i20 and compared them by knocking on their roofs and the hatch doors. The tinny feeling of the Figo is evident immediately. Wish ford could have retained the stronger built from their outgoing car and this was the car to beat.

But, overall an excellent package and a very vfm product for those who are looking for both practicality and fun. It deserves better numbers than now.
Shiv_1984 is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks