Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2016, 22:11   #541
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles_hungry View Post
.... Completed first service and no issues till date..
Congratulations for the new Figo!!!

The Figo TDCi is a reliable car (My car has completed 8 months & 3 scheduled services and I haven't faced any issues so far!). The only thing that bothers me a little is the below par headlights. But that can be fixed with an upgrade

Wish you loads of happy miles

Last edited by espraveen : 26th June 2016 at 22:17.
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2016, 11:24   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
Congratulations for the new Figo!!!

The Figo TDCi is a reliable car (My car has completed 8 months & 3 scheduled services and I haven't faced any issues so far!). The only thing that bothers me a little is the below par headlights. But that can be fixed with an upgrade

Wish you loads of happy miles
Thanks a lot praveen, the car indeed is great and a perfect combination of raw power and mileage. Well, I haven't done much highway driving at night with this beast yet, so wont be able to comment about its headlight quality. Overall I find its headlight intensity adequate.
Old 27th June 2016, 14:53   #543

Finally got my plates today. About the headlights, I too find them to be a bit below par. Thinking of upgrading to osram night breakers.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20160627_135741.jpg  

@dr_figo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 00:40   #544
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajufx View Post
Petrol owners

Personally its a frustrating issue so far, because we had a Fiesta 1.6 earlier and it was always averaging above 14 kmpl in the city. Figo being 1.2 and much lighter must be giving a better figure than 14 !
If you are in Bangalore dont be surprised on how low mileage can get esp if driven during rush hour. I have prev gen Figo diesel which used to give 13-14kmpl during rush hour traffic. Over the years avg has not dropped to 11-12kmpl and i kept assuming its ageing poorly, but whenever I do avg test it show no issues. Its just the ever decreasing avg speed in bangalore traffic .
supertinu is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2016, 07:51   #545
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertinu View Post
.... Over the years avg has not dropped to 11-12kmpl and i kept assuming its ageing poorly, but whenever I do avg test it show no issues. Its just the ever decreasing avg speed in bangalore traffic.
I guessed the same with my comparison to our Fiesta. I remember the only waiting 10 years back were at the signals. Now it's right from my gate to the destination (regardless of where I am going) I pray to get a chance to touch 4th and 5th gear. Even if I touch 5th it's for a very short time.

Car brands should find a solution to bring out the best from bumper to bumper traffic by lowering the wastage of fuel. Not sure if something already exists. Anyway I find Hybrid taking the years ahead.
Old 30th June 2016, 07:56   #546
BHPian

Guys I have Figo 1.2 2011 model and Fiesta 1.6 from 2009. Figos 1.2 mill is so badly tuned that it gives near equal mileage to Fiestas 1.6 which is brilliant. I did fuel tests also to confirm the same.
Old 3rd July 2016, 09:40   #547
BHPian

Assuming that most of us don't like the alloys of our figos, I would like to know if anybody has repainted them to smoky black or gun metal finish? Please provide info about the same if anybody has done it, the durability and cost involved. During the warranty period I like to keep my car in stock condition, and I have an additional 1 year warranty too. Hence waiting for 3 years will be too long
Old 3rd July 2016, 17:44   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by miles_hungry View Post
Assuming that most of us don't like the alloys of our figos, I would like to know if anybody has repainted them to smoky black or gun metal finish? Please provide info about the same if anybody has done it, the durability and cost involved. During the warranty period I like to keep my car in stock condition, and I have an additional 1 year warranty too. Hence waiting for 3 years will be too long
I thought about repainting the alloys too. One shop quoted Rs. 6000/- for it. But on second thoughts, I decided to change the alloys during the time of tyre replacement (when the odometer touches about 50000, currently at 24000) as I was not sure about how the repainted alloys would look like and how well the paint would hold on to them
Old 3rd July 2016, 21:21   #549
BHPian

Exactly my dilemma too, so its better to wait for the warranty period to be over. Also by that time the beast would be 3 yrs old and would require a mid life spice up. Upgrade to 16" smoky alloys, fatter tyres and a black roof would do the magic
miles_hungry is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2016, 23:06   #550
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
when the odometer touches about 50000, currently at 24000
Hi espraveen, is your's the most driven Figo on the forum? I would like to know how does the car hold on, especially the not so great build quality around the doors, windows, control stalks, gear lever and pedals? And of course the NVH. Is it more irritating than when you bought the car first or is it the same? I recently did drive a Dzire and felt it comfortable and intact even after 17k kms of ordinary care, just like a Swift; to be frank, even more than the Vento which is really solid but not as cushion-y comfortable.

What is your best and worst FE figures and average maintenance bills? I couldn't find an ownership thread on your Figo, would have been better if you had one.
Old 4th July 2016, 23:20   #551
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Hi espraveen, is your's the most driven Figo on the forum? I would like to know how does the car hold on, especially the not so great build quality around the doors, windows, control stalks, gear lever and pedals? And of course the NVH. Is it more irritating than when you bought the car first or is it the same?...
What is your best and worst FE figures and average maintenance bills? I couldn't find an ownership thread on your Figo, would have been better if you had one.
My observations about the build quality(Figo TDCi) so far:

Doors/windows - There was a clicking sound from the driver side door during the first 3-4 months which was finally fixed by the service people and it has not resurfaced so far! (it's been 8months since the purchase). Of late, there is a mild rattle coming from front LHS door when the car passes over minor undulations. I hope this would be fixed during the 30K service. Even otherwise, the doors don't really inspire confidence with the kind of sound they make on being closed(nothing remotely close to a reassuring thud one wishes for!). So, it's a thumbs down from me as far as the doors' 'feel' is concerned!!

Control stalks - They have held up quite nicely so far. Nothing much to complain actually. A thumbs up from my side!!

Gear lever - It's quite good actually. No complaints so far. Only thing is the lever has a long throw(IMO)!

Pedals - I don't think there would be anyone complaining about the TDCi 's A-pedal. It is still bringing a satisfactory grin on my face as in the initial months . The braking is more than satisfactory. But the third pedal isn't that complimentary to the other two! The C-pedal is slightly harder and you've got to push it longer and it has remained so all throughout (I am used to it now!)

On the NVH front, the car has NOT become worse as time passed by. I would give it a thumbs up (the minor rattle on the LHS door notwithstanding!). I had upgraded to 185 /65 /R14 Michelin XM2s right after delivery and also got the underbody anti rust coating (Waxoyl) done recently which have contributed to better NVH levels I guess.

FE figures - Average for 8months is 21.77.
Best is 24.37 & worst is 18.44 (all figures arrived at using the tankful method!). My driving is mostly on inter-town 25-30ft decent roads.

Two concerns that have grown on me gradually are
- the poor headlights and
- the car has indicated several times that it needs wider rubber and larger wheels(195/55 /R15 I guess!)

Overall, I am happy with the car so far

Last edited by espraveen : 4th July 2016 at 23:24.
espraveen is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 4th July 2016, 23:43   #552
BHPian

Quote:
My observations about the build quality(Figo TDCi) so far:

Two concerns that have grown on me gradually are
- the poor headlights and
- the car has indicated several times that it needs wider rubber and larger wheels(195/55 /R15 I guess!)

Overall, I am happy with the car so far
Wow! That's one amazing review (will take it as a long term review). Now this is pushing me to go ahead and book the car (only if I didn't have new commitments popping up every month).

Have you thought about upgrading the headlamps? Probably a high powered one (I'm bad with this bulb nomenclature) with a relay.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 5th July 2016 at 12:23. Reason: Edited length of quoted post.
Astonite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 14:59   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astonite View Post
.. Have you thought about upgrading the headlamps? Probably a high powered one (I'm bad with this bulb nomenclature) with a relay.
I am planning to keep it simple and replace the stock headlights with Philips Extreme Vision Plus bulbs. I hope that would improve the situation!!
Old 5th July 2016, 16:45   #554
BHPian

Quote:
I am planning to keep it simple and replace the stock headlights with Philips Extreme Vision Plus bulbs. I hope that would improve the situation!!
I'm apprehensive if that will make much difference. I have a Brio and Figo. I did upgrade Brio to Xtreme vision which was a leap of improvement compared to stock lights and I found it on par with what Figo offers, which i believe is more than sufficient for any driving condition (I have T+ variant with fog lamps).

Last edited by Thilak29 : 5th July 2016 at 16:46.
Thilak29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th July 2016, 22:15   #555
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I'm apprehensive if that will make much difference. I have a Brio and Figo. I did upgrade Brio to Xtreme vision which was a leap of improvement compared to stock lights and I found it on par with what Figo offers, which i believe is more than sufficient for any driving condition (I have T+ variant with fog lamps).
Thanks for the input!

Actually, my opinion on the headlights(+fog lamps as well) hasn't formed overnight (I've been doing close to an hour of night-driving on weekdays for the last 8months over 2-way 25-30 ft roads). And Monsoons have only arrived to make things worse. And I wish every other vehicle on the road was also on stock headlights and every other driver has the sense to dip their lights as and when required. But sadly that's not the case!

Well! if Philips Xtreme Vision Plus wouldn't make things better then I guess I'll have to explore other options

Most Viewed