Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th July 2016, 16:10   #571
BHPian

Having clocked 2400kms in my tdci, I went for the first free service today and I have to say I came back impressed with the service center. The service advisor was courteous and explained everything rather nicely. I found the experience to be better than my ten year experience with maruti service centers where service advisors always seem to be in a hurry to cater to a flood of vehicles that arrive at mass everyday for service. I came in at 10 am saw them do all the checks and changes in front of me and got it back by 1 pm. I voluntarily asked them to change the oil and oil filter and also went for underbody rust prevention coating. The bill came to about 4k.

Last edited by bullrun87 : 18th July 2016 at 16:17.
Old 18th July 2016, 16:45   #572
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanavas View Post
Yeah, as you've already mentioned, only government owned banks offer zero foreclosure charges. Getting a loan from them is itself a complicated and time consuming affair. Ford credit shows a 3% charge after a year for foreclosure, I think I can live with that.
My loan was from SBI and was arranged by the dealer, they offered far better rates than almost all banks and everything was done in 1 hour. The best thing is the Interest rate you are being offered.
Check if it's fixed or floating and pre-closure charges. And so far from what I have read, the deal seems to be good really.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th July 2016, 20:14   #573

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
My loan was from SBI and was arranged by the dealer, they offered far better rates than almost all banks and everything was done in 1 hour. The best thing is the Interest rate you are being offered.
Check if it's fixed or floating and pre-closure charges. And so far from what I have read, the deal seems to be good really.
Yeah, government bank loans are the way to go. Its safer and foreclosure charges are zero. I will definitely try and compare every possible option I have before making the plunge. Thanks for the info
Old 21st July 2016, 23:37   #574
BHPian

A question to all in Pune. I moved to the city recently and am planning to buy the Figo DCT. I'm torn between wether to go for Talera or Planet Ford. Which one is the lesser evil for sales & service? Your inputs shall be of great help, thanks!

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 21st July 2016 at 23:38. Reason: Additions and grammatical changes.
Old 21st July 2016, 23:42   #575
BHPian

Go for the Talera Ford. Planet Ford is supposed to be taken over by Sai Sakshi Ford very soon.
If you can, Sai Sakshi Ford is a better overall option but the dealership I know of its at Wakad. By far the best staff and service I've found in Pune.
adneeraj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 08:32   #576
BHPian

Thanks. If you say so, I guess I'll go for Sai Sakshi Ford. It would also be convenient for me as I live in Pimpri.
Old 30th July 2016, 19:41   #577
BHPian

Update: I finally took the plunge. Ordered the Figo DCT in Smoke Grey (because it is in stock, 1.5-2 mth long wait for the Blue) with Rear Camera IRVM + Leather seats from Sai Sakshi Ford.

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 30th July 2016 at 19:42. Reason: grammar checks
haldar_siliguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 13:51   #578
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Update: I finally took the plunge. Ordered the Figo DCT in Smoke Grey (because it is in stock, 1.5-2 mth long wait for the Blue) with Rear Camera IRVM + Leather seats from Sai Sakshi Ford.
Congratulations!!!

Ragarding the Rear Camera IRVM, please check if the RVM has day/night function or not. It can be prove to a major irritant at night if it doesn't have it. The last I checked the replacement RVM from Ford for the Rear Camera does not have day/night function. So, please check before installing it in your car.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 14:48   #579
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Congrats on the Figo DCT, it is hard to fault this car at this price range. Comes with a great dual clutch auto and safety features like esp and traction control.

Did you manage to get any discounts on the car? We are also deciding between AT hatches and Figo is a strong contender.
coolboy007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2016, 16:20   #580
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post
Congrats on the Figo DCT, it is hard to fault this car at this price range. Comes with a great dual clutch auto and safety features like esp and traction control.

We are also deciding between AT hatches and Figo is a strong contender.
I find the Figo / Aspire to be the safest choice in this price range. I have posted a few images in the Aspire thread that show the results of major impacts - one of them is a Figo; the passengers were not harmed in any of those accidents. No car can be 100% safe but from the evidence I have seen, these cars have a safe structural frame. (I also have 1st hand experience )
samaspire is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 06:35   #581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
Congratulations!!!
Ragarding the Rear Camera IRVM, please check if the RVM has day/night function or not.
Oh oh, in that case I need to check this because I was thinking it is supposed to have the auto dimming feature. Thanks for pointing it out!

In this aspect, does the original RVM that comes with the Figo have auto dimming feature?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolboy007 View Post

Did you manage to get any discounts on the car? We are also deciding between AT hatches and Figo is a strong contender.
Thanks a lot. :-) No I didn't manage to get any discounts, but that's purely because I didn't try much. Had been having a hectic month and I sort of needed to order the vehicle in a short span of time with minimum interaction with the sales people.

If you are planning to get one, I guess the upcoming festive season shall no doubt provide some great offers.
haldar_siliguri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 08:13   #582
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In this aspect, does the original RVM that comes with the Figo have auto dimming feature?
No, the factory fitted RVM doesn't have auto dimming feature. But it does have a manual Anti-glare/night adjustment switch in the mirror.
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2016, 10:20   #583
BHPian

Got delivery of my smoke Grey figo titanium 1.5D today. Will do a review soon. Initial things to share:
Engine is a puller. Without accelerator input it effortlessly climbs steep ramps of basement parkings
Got a FE of 19.8 under mixed highway + traffic conditions over a 20km first day ride which is impressive
Car display is still in "transit" mode. Showroom guys didn't have a immediate solution to reset that. Need help here.
Thanks
nikhil.neon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 12:04   #584
BHPian

Instructions to deactivate transit mode in figo:
Crank the engine with all doors closed, press and release brake pedal five times
press hazard warning twice.
In transit mode the car conserves battery. Most of the dashboard illuminations are disabled along with follow me headlamps feature.

Good to know that king ford Surat keenly follows team bhp. They were very particular to confirm that my issue was resolved after reading my post
nikhil.neon is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2016, 14:22   #585
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikhil.neon View Post
Good to know that king ford Surat keenly follows team bhp. They were very particular to confirm that my issue was resolved after reading my post
Did they instruct you over the phone or did someone come over and did it for you.

Its good that they read this forum, but not good that they delivered a car in transit mode. I can only imagine the PDI that they did
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks