Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2016, 16:56   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
There's no point in bringing in the successes of ka+ into consideration. The ka+ is a heavily reworked car.

No denying Figo is a competent product, but even Ford themselves would not advertise the achievements of ka+ in India.
I am not trying to credit Indian version of the Figo for qualifying for this award, just happy that it also gets shortlisted on the design parameter which is common and BTW most car companies manufacturing from India pack superior upgrades and up the level of build quality for export cars for any car they also sell in India.
KreativeGeek is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 10:50   #722
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandygordon View Post
Question to Figo owners

I am a person who have driven only multijet diesels, swift, dzire and the s cross. Figo TCDi has almost no turbo lag and has good petrol like acceleration which I like a lot. But post 90kmph in 5th gear the engine feels coarse, strained and sounds being pushed beyond its comfortable limits. The engine strain makes me limit the speeds to below 90kmph on open roads. May be I am used to the free revving multijets which is a generation ahead. I know TCDi has a small turbo and proportionately small turbo kick, but that makes me less confident in overtakes at 60-80kmph.

Will the engine open up a bit more after running in ?
Can a remap help to modify the nature of the engine ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I never felt the engine strained at triple digit speeds. I drive at around 2200 - 2500 rpm. Even after 110 the car is eager to pull and does so effortlessly for an overtaking maneuver.
To add to the above comment, I would say the engine really feels coarse after 120kmph @ 2600-2700rpm. Tried it this weekend and the difference was noticeable. But I stand by my comments that you will simply enjoy the overtaking manoeuvres as the engine simply keeps on pulling even at that speeds. Just floor it and it shoots.

On a different topic:

Quote:
Extended Warranty with RSA:
36 months / 1 Lakh Km's - Rs. 8,500/-
48 months / 1 Lakh Km's - Rs. 16,889/-
60 months / 1 Lakh Km's - Rs. 30,136/-
Regarding Extended Warranty I bought the plan in bold. The dealer assured me that if need be, I can top-up the warranty for the 5th year. Though they don't have the prices yet (the new Figo is just an year old) but the cost for the 5th year then would be similar to the difference now (15-16K) so that should be fine.

I also enquired about the Total Maintenance plan and the costs made me roll my eyes and roll them fast. A 5 year plan costed something close to Rs. 120K!!

It included all service costs, consumables, labour and wear and tear parts too. Only accidental parts and labour are not covered. Didn't find it worthwhile even if I get my suspension and some other things changed during the 5 year term.
teemus is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 12:19   #723
BHPian

Last Sunday, an auto rick while overtaking me from wrong side collided with left bumper and left scratches on it. While i made peace with that mishap, i realize later wiper fluid tank is leaking since that incident. I couldn't take a look to figure out how and from where its leaking ?

Does anyone know its mechanism, is there a drain plug or outlet which might have got opened due to impact, causing leak?
Old 18th October 2016, 19:09   #724
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Last Sunday, an auto rick while overtaking me from wrong side collided with left bumper and left scratches on it. While i made peace with that mishap, i realize later wiper fluid tank is leaking since that incident. I couldn't take a look to figure out how and from where its leaking ?

Does anyone know its mechanism, is there a drain plug or outlet which might have got opened due to impact, causing leak?
I have not checked in the car, but AFAIK there is no drain plug for the washer bottle. There is no need for that, isn't it?

Indeed the washer bottle is situated at the left hand side but it is close to fender rather than bumper so I am wondering how it might have got damaged if the fender does not have any impact. Moreover, the washer fluid lines should run on the inside towards the windscreen so there seem little chance for a fluid line to get pinched and leak.

As a conspiracy theory, there is a possibility of some rats getting their teeth filed by chewing up on the fluid lines.

Maybe you can inspect for the cause, it may or may not be related to the auto incident; the timing could just be a coincidence!
Old 19th October 2016, 13:29   #725
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
I have not checked in the car
Fender has taken no beating, so i am really surprised how this happened!
Wondering if any water lines to wiper (rear or front) got disconnected from tank. Let me take it to FASS soon and figure out. I assume if fluid tank needs replacement it wouldn't be a costly affair ( I couldn't find rate for this spare in ford site)
Old 26th October 2016, 10:01   #726
BHPian

I observed that the dealer price for ex-showroom is about 15-20K more than what Ford advertises in the newspaper, and ex-showroom price mentioned for Bangalore.

Can anybody who booked in last 30 days confirm what is their true billing price?

Example: 1.5D Titanium Rs. 6,54,750 vs Rs. dealer 6,66,105 & 1.5D Titanium+ Rs. 7,17,759 vs dealer Rs. 7,31,243.
Quotes from Cauvery Ford as 15-Oct-16.

Last edited by GTO : 27th October 2016 at 09:40. Reason: Post edited for better readablity.
ownerofazkaban is offline   Received Infraction
Old 27th October 2016, 16:45   #727
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
I observed that the dealer price for ex-showroom is about 15-20K more than what Ford advertises in the newspaper, and ex-showroom price mentioned for Bangalore.

Can anybody who booked in last 30 days confirm what is their true billing price?

Example: 1.5D Titanium Rs. 6,54,750 vs Rs. dealer 6,66,105 & 1.5D Titanium+ Rs. 7,17,759 vs dealer Rs. 7,31,243.
Quotes from Cauvery Ford as 15-Oct-16.
Maybe the dealer is mixing price of extended warranty with ex showroom price, amounting to this variation.
Old 2nd November 2016, 22:03   #728
BHPian

Hello,
I have just booked a new Ford Figo 1.5D Trend (Ruby Red). Delivery is expected in a few days,I have some questions regarding accessories , my main query is would the warranty be void if i decide to fit a reverse parking system with camera and screen on the IRVM, i also plan to get the sensors and probably upgrade the Tyres to 15". Would all these mods void the warranty if done from outside? The dealer is quoting Rs 12,000/- for the reverse camera which i think is a bit much. What are your thoughts?

Last edited by DocRock : 2nd November 2016 at 22:05.
Old 3rd November 2016, 10:28   #729
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocRock View Post
Hello,
I have just booked a new Ford Figo 1.5D Trend (Ruby Red). Delivery is expected in a few days,I have some questions regarding accessories , my main query is would the warranty be void if i decide to fit a reverse parking system with camera and screen on the IRVM, i also plan to get the sensors and probably upgrade the Tyres to 15". Would all these mods void the warranty if done from outside? The dealer is quoting Rs 12,000/- for the reverse camera which i think is a bit much. What are your thoughts?
Congratulations!!!

Yes, warranty will be void if you fit the accessories you mentioned from outside. Ford says upgrading to 15" rims and tyres will void the warranty as well. However, I am not sure if going for Ford's OEM 15" alloys will void warranty.

Also, Ford's OEM reverse camera IRVM does not have day/night functionality. Besides the cost, that's another downside of it.

For my Figo, the dealership fitted the reverse parking sensors for free. If you bargain with the dealership, they might do the same for you.
Old 3rd November 2016, 15:04   #730
BANNED

A generic question to all Figo/ Aspire DCT owners on this forum. I have experienced that under medium to hard accelerations, there is this foul smell that comes in the cabin. Smell akin to burning/ heating that is rather disconcerting to say the least.

I had written about it on my ownership thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...automatic.html. However, it's been 12000kms since, and I noticed the same behaviour the other day when I drove it at night. Since I don't drive the car (it's my wife's choice of commute), I feel this to be potential problem that needs attention. Anyone else found it on their car?
Old 3rd November 2016, 16:44   #731
BHPian

Have a query about mileage in Ford Figo 1.2 petrol - my parents bought this in Feb this year. It has run about 2700 km till now with 700km highway run in just last 5 days. I noticed mileage of about 13kmpl (tankful method) in these days. I could say I drive with a heavy right foot with cruising at 90 - 100 kph. With similar driving style in my Swift Zxi which I bought couple of months back, i get about 18-19kmpl. Is this normal for Figo petrol?
jphukan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:15   #732
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Have a query about mileage in Ford Figo 1.2 petrol - my parents bought this in Feb this year. It has run about 2700 km till now with 700km highway run in just last 5 days. I noticed mileage of about 13kmpl (tankful method) in these days. I could say I drive with a heavy right foot with cruising at 90 - 100 kph. With similar driving style in my Swift Zxi which I bought couple of months back, i get about 18-19kmpl. Is this normal for Figo petrol?
I would say its correct for your style of driving. I get about the same average for mix of highway and city driving. (My 1 year tanfull average for 8,000 kms is 12.90 km/l). This engine is very sensitive to driving styles. With a light foot and patience, you will get above 18.

Sam
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2016, 17:36   #733
Senior - BHPian

+1 to Samaspire

My Friend who bought a Figo Petrol Titanium in February this year is getting 13 kmpl inside City and on Highways the peak he has achieved is 21 kmpl. This was at a speeds of 70-90 kmph. He tells me that if you drive in normal manner, it will return 10 kmpl which was the case with our earlier Figo (2010).

He has completely changed his driving style due to Figo. He upshifts at 2000 rpm, allows the car to gain some speed while giving light tap on gas. He also says that car tends to be more efficient when driven on Cooler time of the day. He is satisfied with the Figo Petrol, his earlier car was Hyundai i10 Petrol for reference.
CarguyNish is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 4th November 2016, 10:59   #734
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
I noticed mileage of about 13kmpl (tankful method) in these days. I could say I drive with a heavy right foot with cruising at 90 - 100 kph. With similar driving style in my Swift Zxi which I bought couple of months back, i get about 18-19kmpl. Is this normal for Figo petrol?
I got between 12-12.5 kmpl in the last two tank fills( in city with AC on all the time). This includes getting stuck in slow moving traffic jams.

On a highway run, I got 16.5 kmpl, again with AC on all the time. The advantage of having an instantaneous FE display is that FE conscious drivers like me, try to be light footed on the gas pedal to extract maximum FE.

Also noticed that switching off the Figo's powerful AC improves the engine response a lot (much more than our 1.2 Grand i10 anyway).
skanchan95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2016, 21:41   #735
BHPian

Can anyone share a link to the ownership review of the Ford Figo petrol. I am getting very detailed reviews of the diesel one(which no doubt is the better car) but nothing for the petrol.
Need a detailed review to choose between the swift/brio and figo. The Figo looks fresh amongst the three, but not sure on the performance/mileage/driveability of the petrol unit.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks