Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th November 2016, 22:26   #751
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
I don't think the upshift indicator/ economy mode does anything to the throttle response. All it does is to tell you to upshift at a specific rpm, can't exactly remember but it's around 1400 or 1500 rpm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
.... As far as I know and having noticed the same in my Figo so far, it has no effect on the throttle input.
I think it's not about the impact of the shift indicator on the throttle response but it's the other way around rather. Somehow, as time progressed in my case, there seems to be a gradual upward trending in the RPM levels at which the indicator asks us to shift up a gear(I've gradually become a bit more spiritedly smoother driver as familiarity levels with the car went up, as is the case with anybody )

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Congrats to us! Even my white Figo Titanium diesel came home last week.
Congratulations!!!
Wish you happy TDCiing!!!!
espraveen is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th November 2016, 13:52   #752
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
I bought a White Titanium Figo Diesel, this Dhanteras, i.e 28th Oct, 2016.
1. Does the 'ECONO' or Economy mode only show a shift up indicator? There have been times when the car has made me believe that this mode alters with my throttle input as well? Is this true?
2. I have the Titanium Diesel and it has the Perimeter alarm. I am unable to figure out how that works. Please shed some light.
Congrats on your purchase of Figo TDCi. Th economy mode does not alter gear shifts in any way. It just provides an indicator when the gear needs to be up shifted (no downshift indicator though!) after certain rpm.
If you want to test the perimeter alarm, try this: lock you car with remote key and then try opening the boot by inserting the key into the keyhole of the boot.

Happy motoring in the Figo!
Old 19th November 2016, 22:34   #753
Senior - BHPian

What is this 'karr karr' vibrating sound from the engine bay, only momentarily while moving the car in first gear. Noticed more when the car is cold, feels like a bad/loose axle?

Anybody else noticed the same? Not that freely revving as the Swift or any other.
Old 20th November 2016, 11:53   #754
BHPian

Quote:
What is this 'karr karr' vibrating sound from the engine bay, only momentarily while moving the car in first gear. Noticed more when the car is cold, feels like a bad/loose axle?

Anybody else noticed the same? Not that freely revving as the Swift or any other.
Please note that if the sound comes when you press the accelerator and lift your leg....try to just press and then lift your leg..... if it sounds like a vibration noise like it used to come in the loose air filter holder of old Maruti vans, then you should visit your a.s.s.

I had the same issue with my car and then they recalibrated the turbo which solved the problem.
Old 20th November 2016, 12:01   #755
BHPian

Ford india has offered me a 50% waiver on the price of new tyres when I complained about tyre noise with the mrf zvts it came with. They said that though I had run 16k kms with it, as a goodwill gesture they would bear 50% cost of the new tyres and gave me three options to choose from Bridgestone , good year and Michelin tyres out of which I chose to go with Michelin.
Now my friend who owns a tyre store in my place has asked me to bring in my car with the new 175/65/r14 tyres and he would swap them for free with 185/65/r14 continental cc5 or pay him 4000inr and shod 195/60/r14 continental cc5! Now I'm confused

Guru's please advise me on what I should do?
Old 20th November 2016, 17:12   #756
BHPian

Quote:

I haven't noticed any sound of that sort. Most of my drives start very early in the morning and given the fact that winters are also here, that is as cold as an engine gets and even then there seems to be no sound. I think you should get your car checked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benzbala View Post
Ford india has offered me a 50% waiver on the price of new tyres when I complained about tyre noise with the mrf zvts it came with. They said that though I had run 16k kms with it, as a goodwill gesture they would bear 50% cost of the new tyres and gave me three options to choose from Bridgestone , good year and Michelin tyres out of which I chose to go with Michelin.
Now my friend who owns a tyre store in my place has asked me to bring in my car with the new 175/65/r14 tyres and he would swap them for free with 185/65/r14 continental cc5 or pay him 4000inr and shod 195/60/r14 continental cc5! Now I'm confused

Guru's please advise me on what I should do?
Not many people understand the differences in various tyres and given the fact that you do, I think you should stick with Michelin as a brand, as Pirelli doesn't seem to be an option. Michelin and Pirelli because from my personal observations they feel superior to all the other brands in terms of performance, that is grip and tyre noise.

You should definitely upgrade the width of the tyre as well. I feel 195/70 r14 is perfect for this car. 185s are good as well but you will always feel that the tyre limits the performance of the car.

Hope I helped.
Old 20th November 2016, 18:03   #757
BHPian

Quote:
I haven't noticed any sound of that sort.
Thanks sir and I hope you had recommended 195/60/r14

Last edited by ampere : 21st November 2016 at 01:44. Reason: Edited quoted section
Old 20th November 2016, 20:24   #758
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks sir and I hope you had recommended 195/60/r14
The reason I didn't recommend a lower profile is because this one time I hit a pothole hard in my Honda City at an empty narrow road at speeds 110+ and it resulted in both my right side wheels flattened, eventually making those rims useless for further use. Those were 195/65 15s Pirelli tyres.
Old 21st November 2016, 08:39   #759
BHPian

Quote:
The reason I didn't recommend a lower profile is because this one time I hit a pothole hard in my Honda City at an empty narrow road at speeds 110+ and it resulted in both my right side wheels flattened, eventually making those rims useless for further use. Those were 195/65 15s Pirelli tyres.
Sorry sir but the tyre size you have mentioned ie 195/70/r14 has a difference of 7.8% whereas on the other hand 185/65/r14 has a difference of 2.23% and 195/60/r14 has a difference of just 1.11% .

What should be done next sir?
Old 23rd November 2016, 07:32   #760
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry sir but the tyre size you have mentioned ie 195/70/r14 has a difference of 7.8% whereas on the other hand 185/65/r14 has a difference of 2.23% and 195/60/r14 has a difference of just 1.11% .

What should be done next sir?
You are right.

The difference in 195/70/r14 is very huge at 7.8%. Not only will this affect your speedometer but also your odometer.

I'll suggest if your car has alloy wheels, you can go for 195/60/r14, as alloys don't give up as easily as regular wheels.
If your car isn't alloy wheels equipped, you should go for 195/65/r14 as the difference is a 4.xx % which seems like a good compromise between grip, safety and reliability. Also, you would get a wider range of brand choices for the latter.
Old 23rd November 2016, 17:44   #761
BHPian

Seems like ford has added ABS in Trend variant. It is mentioned in their website.

https://www.india.ford.com/cars/figo...1-5d-trend-mt/

Last edited by Ponbaarathi : 23rd November 2016 at 17:45.
Ponbaarathi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2016, 18:01   #762
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponbaarathi View Post
Seems like ford has added ABS in Trend variant. It is mentioned in their website.

https://www.india.ford.com/cars/figo...1-5d-trend-mt/

What !

Hope they can issue a recall to retrofit the ABS for Trend owners like me
karan561 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2016, 10:00   #763
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Hope they can issue a recall to retrofit the ABS for Trend owners like me
Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
I think it's not about the impact of the shift indicator on the throttle response but it's the other way around rather. Somehow, as time progressed in my case, there seems to be a gradual upward trending in the RPM levels at which the indicator asks us to shift up a gear(I've gradually become a bit more spiritedly smoother driver as familiarity levels with the car went up, as is the case with anybody
Guys
I just read on another forum in which a member was definite that the top speed of our Figos have been limited ?

Is this true?

Please shed some light karan561, espraveen

Last edited by ampere : 26th November 2016 at 16:49. Reason: Removed mentions of high speed numbers
Old 26th November 2016, 15:51   #764
BHPian

Quote:
Guys
I just read on another forum in which a member was definite that the top speed of our Figos have been limited
Is this true?
Please shed some light karan561, espraveen
I am currently at Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada for the 40K KM service of my Figo TDCi. I put the same question to the S.A. here{although I personally feel that limiting the top speed of the Figo TDCi to 180kmph sounds amusing to begin with, as the Figo's handling capabilities (any other B-segment hatch for that matter) are good enough for speeds upto 150kmph max } and he dismissed it as false information and remarked that such speeds shouldn't be thought of w.r.t. the Figo to begin with!!
Even in the Overdrive magazine's affordable hot hatch test (by Aditya Patel) on racetrack, the cars' top speeds were hovering around 150-160kmph thereabouts if I remember correctly!!

Last edited by ampere : 26th November 2016 at 16:50.
Old 26th November 2016, 17:42   #765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
I am currently at Lakshmi Ford, Vijayawada for the 40K KM service of my Figo TDCi. I put the same question to the S.A. here{although I personally feel that limiting the top speed of the Figo TDCi to 180kmph sounds amusing to begin with, as the Figo's handling capabilities (any other B-segment hatch for that matter) are good enough for speeds upto 150kmph max } and he dismissed it as false information and remarked that such speeds shouldn't be thought of w.r.t. the Figo to begin with!!
Even in the Overdrive magazine's affordable hot hatch test (by Aditya Patel) on racetrack, the cars' top speeds were hovering around 150-160kmph thereabouts if I remember correctly!!
True that. My question did sound amusing but its better to know for the 'if and when' situations.
As far as I think, the S.A. wasn't well informed and must be too lazy to find out because as you said, it does sound amusing. The reason I say this is because I must have a number of videos on youtube where this speed limit thing occurs. It is seen clearly in those videos that the speed has been electronically limited.
Even asked the ford live chat team, they didn't know either, obviously.

Need an airstrip to myself to check this out.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks