Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2017, 11:20   #811
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVK Rider View Post
Thanks a lot Samaspire,
I also saw the picture somewhere.
However couldn't log in to the forum for sometime. Got hit by a bike suddenly and was under treatment.
However this time I am having a bad news as my wife got injured and I think I won't be able to go for a new car right now (Financial issue due to the accident)
Now I am looking for a used car as I need it urgently.

Sad ending of 2016... bad for me....
That's really bad news. Hope your wife recovers soon and all is well.

I suggest you look for a used, old generation Figo. It is a very good car and will be cheaper than the Marutis and Hyundais. And it is SAFE - your family will be better protected in case of any unfortunate accident.

When you can afford to buy a new Ford in future, you can avail the exchange bonus.

Sam
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 14:33   #812
BHPian

Just visited Cauvery ford today and on a casual discussion i was told that the touch screen is likely to make its way to the titanium plus variant. And it seems the seat height adjustment in titanium is gonna get removed. Not sure how trustworthy or true the information is though. Any further insight on this ?
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2017, 16:12   #813
BHPian

Its just about time for me to renew insurance, tried reaching out to Ford dealers in town to extend FOP but their quote is higher in policy amount but low in IDV, is there any 'significant' benefit to to expect from FOP policy ?
Old 19th January 2017, 18:04   #814
Distinguished - BHPian

Ford Aspire & Figo : Wheel Alignment Specifications

Wheel Alignment Specifications

Here's the wheel alignment specifications for the 2015 Figo and Aspire's suspension:
Name:  Figo and Aspire Wheel Alignment.gif
Views: 5790
Size:  13.2 KB

In the above image, toe angle is for the wheel on only a single side, total toe is the wheels on both sides. The values are given in decimal degrees, not degrees/minutes.

Bear in mind that for most mass-market cars, the wheel alignment that is normally performed takes care of only the toe adjustment for the front wheels. If caster/camber need adjusting, it'll require partial disassembly of the suspension to add shims as required. This is not usually done by a wheel alignment centre, and is done by the ASC only in case of serious suspension issues.

Also see TBHP's wheel alignment thread for any general alignment queries - the very first post on that thread contains a superb explanation of alignment.
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2017, 22:54   #815
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I am really confused with this perimeter alarm thing. How does it acually work? If I just central lock using the remote and I try to open any door through the openly kept windows I did not get any alarm.
My SA said that the alarm gets armed only after a minute and a half for the driver door and after a minute for all other doors. But, I tested manually, and after 20 seconds all doors got armed. But the driver side door gave alarm only after another 15 seconds of opening from inside!

The horn itself is the alarm and is much loud in closed spaces and thus difficult to test.

And my another doubt is that if someone just breaks the glass and gets in without opening the door and drive off with a key or otherwise, will the alarm sound?

I really want to get to the bottom of this, for peace of mind; not much literature is available on this.

Last edited by thoma : 19th January 2017 at 23:01.
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 17:05   #816
BHPian

Hello

Been facing an issue with my figo. There seems to be significant water seepage in the rear left foot area. The mat seems get wet Everytime. Any idea on what the issue could be and how should I go about to solve it ?

Thanks in advance
Old 26th January 2017, 17:35   #817
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
Hello

Been facing an issue with my figo. There seems to be significant water seepage in the rear left foot area. The mat seems get wet Everytime. Any idea on what the issue could be and how should I go about to solve it ?

Thanks in advance
Check under the left front mat and see if that is wet. Water that seeps in from the front collects at the back because of the slope.

But how are you getting that much water on the car now? Washing?

Whatever may be the case, take your car to the Ford bodyshop at Baikampady. They know what to do.

Sam
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 17:58   #818
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Check under the left front mat and see if that is wet. Water that seeps in from the front collects at the back because of the slope.

But how are you getting that much water on the car now? Washing?

Whatever may be the case, take your car to the Ford bodyshop at Baikampady. They know what to do.

Sam
The front is absolutely dry. It's only the rear. And water seems to collect even after drying it off. Just had a long drive today and the mat was less wet and pretty much dry at the start but now when i checked it seemed to have gotten a lot more wet.

And as for the wash, considering its a black car I just do a wet wipe or dust it daily to keep it clean. Don't get excess water anytime towards it.

Will go to Padil quick lane, since it's close by bikampady is quite far off and I have to take time off to reach there. The only fear I have is losing the fit and finish of the mat and panels once it is removed considering its a new car. I've seen these people work on EcoSport panels and mat that had additional PVC flooring, to check the VIN during registration and it was no where near professional.
blackbandit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 18:38   #819
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There seems to be significant water seepage in the rear left foot area. The mat seems get wet Everytime. Any idea on what the issue could be and how should I go about to solve it ?
This is the first we've heard of water entering the 2015 Figos/Aspires, so I don't think there are any known causes or areas to check specific to this model.

However, I have created a thread about water leakage/entry into cars in general that might help you: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...solutions.html (Water Leakage in cars - Causes & solutions)

Quote:
Just had a long drive today and the mat was less wet and pretty much dry at the start but now when i checked it seemed to have gotten a lot more wet.
If the weather and roads were dry when you drove, then please check the tubing that carries water to the rear windshield washer (if yours is a Titanium which is equipped with a rear windshield washer, and the water for this is piped from a single tank that serves both the front and rear windshields.)

A quick check would be to see if your rear washer puts out water (note that even in a car with intact plumbing, the rear washer takes a few seconds to start spraying). Also, check if the mats get wetter when operating the rear washer.

Last edited by arunphilip : 26th January 2017 at 19:00.
arunphilip is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th January 2017, 18:50   #820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
This is the first we've heard of water entering the 2015 Figos/Aspires, so I don't think there are any known causes or areas to check specific to this model.

However, I have created a thread about water leakage/entry into cars in general that might help you: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...solutions.html (Water Leakage in cars - Causes & solutions)

If the weather and roads were dry when you drove, then please check the tubing that carries water to the rear windshield washer (yours is a Titanium which is equipped with a rear windshield washer, and the water for this is piped from a single tank that serves both the front and rear windshields.)
The vehicle is a trend version without the windshield washer. And the roads were pretty much dry and in fact dusty. And i've been facing this issue since a few days at first i thought that someone might have spilled water during a commute but the issue returned even after i dried up the mat. Have dried it up twice or thrice if i remember. Today i have washed the vehicle and dried it again. I will get it checked at ASS tomorrow if it gets wet again. Its pretty hard to pinpoint the issue without removing the fabric mats.

On a side note i felt it might be a beading issue. I usually spray water to the lower side of the car and the wheel wells to remove the heavy dirt and debris. But again it has to be noted that the beading area and sides remain dry. Its only the centre part of the rear left footwell that gets significantly wet.

Last edited by blackbandit : 26th January 2017 at 18:58.
Old 27th January 2017, 19:09   #821
BHPian

An Update on this issue:

The water seeped in again today at the same rate after a run. Took the vehicle to Ford Quick lane at Padil, Mangalore this evening which is on my daily commute route. They seemed to be clueless about the issue and asked me to visit their body shop which is at baikampady. They even stated that this is the first time such issue has cropped up in the new figo. They assumed it might have something to do with the AC drain (Donno how the drain water would reach the backside though-Any inputs would be helpful regarding this). Will be visiting the body shop tomorrow and update accordingly
blackbandit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 00:45   #822
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Arun, I think I had posted in the Aspire thread about the water leakage issue in my car - only that time I had thought that it was the after effect of the accident.

Quote:
The water seeped in again today....

They seemed to be clueless about the issue and asked me to visit their body shop which is at baikampady. They even stated that this is the first time such issue has cropped up...
Do you / did you spray water on the windows before these occurances.

This below could be the source of the your problem as well.

There is a design fault with the inside of the front doors (maybe the back as well). Water from rains or washing that seeps in through the bottom of the glass is supposed to pass through the door and drain out at the bottom (there are holes at the bottom of the door) - that is how it works with all cars.

In the Figo/Aspire the speaker hole projects out behind and some of this water falls on it. This water changes course, runs around the speaker and slowly works its way through the gum of the plastic damping. Once it gets through the damping it can come into the cabin through the plastic panels.

The solution is simple. Fix a plastic cap over the speaker in such a way that the water does not pull any such stunt.

Last edited by noopster : 28th January 2017 at 09:40. Reason: As requested
samaspire is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th January 2017, 09:31   #823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
Arun, I think I had posted in the Aspire thread about the water leakage issue in my car - only that time I had thought that it was the after effect of the accident...
I am here at the bikampady workshop as of now. The SA's diagnosed it to be an issue of the ac drain as of now. The water doesn't seem to be dripping down as it should. Only further work on the car wil confirm the issue though.
Old 28th January 2017, 10:39   #824
BHPian

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20170128_103510.jpg

Dec 2016 price list for a comparison
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20170128_104544.jpg

The updated price list for Mangalore, Karnataka. A few observations to be noted are abs seems to be more or less a standard feature now with even the ambient getting an option pack. There seems to be an addition of safety pack variant in the titanium. Aspire seems to have a trip variant probably a taxi variant and there's no base variant offered in aspire anymore.

Last edited by blackbandit : 28th January 2017 at 10:50. Reason: Attached 2016 price list
Old 28th January 2017, 11:45   #825
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Aspire seems to have a trip variant probably a taxi variant and there's no base variant offered in aspire anymore.
The Aspire taxi variant is only offered in Diesel with 1 driver airbag. And there never was any Aspire Base variant.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks