Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 16:53   #841
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbandit View Post
The updated price list for Mangalore, Karnataka.
Here's the Bangalore price list, as of Feb 2017. It's interesting to note that there are small differences in the insurance rate and RTO rates between Mangalore and Bangalore. Insurance might be explained by traffic levels in the respective cities necessitating a higher premium, but I'm at a loss to explain the difference in RTO rates, particularly as the rates for Mangalore are costlier than Bangalore for some variants.
Name:  Ford India 2017 02 Figo Price List cropped.gif
Views: 9733
Size:  370.5 KB

And accessories:
Name:  Ford India 2017 02 Figo Accessories Price List.gif
Views: 9366
Size:  336.2 KB
arunphilip is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 17:36   #842
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arunphilip View Post
Here's the Bangalore price list, as of Feb 2017. It's interesting to note that there are small differences...
There seems to be around 1000 rs difference. And I donno how the current breakup is. However when I Bought the vehicle, I was charged 600 for the numberplate and the registration charges and road tax. And the receipts and bills provided tallied exactly to the amount quoted.

And I also notice that the ambient abs variant seems to be unavailable as per your list

Last edited by blackbandit : 7th February 2017 at 17:56. Reason: Added last paragraph
blackbandit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 19:59   #843
BANNED

Fuel Efficiency update on my New Figo 1.5D Base. This fill-up returned 894.5 kms in 35.81lt = 25Kpl, TWENTY FIVE KMPL in real life. This in a mixed cycle of 60% highway and 40%city.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20170207_165637-1.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20170207_170932-1.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20170207_190000-1.jpg  

COMMUTER is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 7th February 2017, 20:57   #844
Team-BHP Support

The diesel T(O) with 6 airbags is terrific VFM at 8.6L on road. The extra for T+ only brings some convenience features (Sync, MyKey etc.) now, compared to extra safety kit earlier. MyDock also saves the necessity to buy a phone holder and wires dangling in the dash area.

Good move!
Chetan_Rao is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 15:01   #845
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The diesel T(O) with 6 airbags is terrific VFM at 8.6L on road. The extra for T+ only brings some convenience features (Sync, MyKey etc.) now, compared to extra safety kit earlier. MyDock also saves the necessity to buy a phone holder and wires dangling in the dash area.

Good move!

Is the I.C.E on Titanium+ the same one as on the EcoSport Titanium/Titanium+ ( the earlier ones, before the touchscreen came along ) ?

Have found the old Ecosport Titanium/Titanium+ I.C.E to be very good on bass and clarity, far better than a standard OEM I.C.E.

The official Team-BHP review of Figo mentions that it sounds better in Titanium+ than Titanium since the I.C.E is different. Was wondering f it's the Ecosport one that they have fitted on the Titanium+ version
Old 8th February 2017, 15:33   #846
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Is the I.C.E on Titanium+ the same one as on the EcoSport Titanium/Titanium+ ( the earlier ones, before the touchscreen came along ) ?
The Sync-enabled, non-touchscreen versions seem to be the same.

Quote:
Have found the old Ecosport Titanium/Titanium+ I.C.E to be very good on bass and clarity, far better than a standard OEM I.C.E.
Same opinion here. It's good enough for a non-audiophile. Someone more discerning could swap out speakers with better aftermarket components and add some damping. Good to go!

Quote:
The official Team-BHP review of Figo mentions that it sounds better in Titanium+ than Titanium since the I.C.E is different.
I could tell the difference, some others I was sharing the cars with couldn't, so I can only conclude it isn't very obvious to a layman, at least not to the point of being a deal-breaker.

If Sync/voice commands/My Key aren't must-haves, one could do far better in aftermarket audio components/accessories with the 40-odd thousand price difference between T(O) & T+.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th February 2017 at 15:35.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th February 2017, 20:07   #847
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Fuel Efficiency update on my New Figo 1.5D Base. This fill-up returned 894.5 kms in 35.81lt = 25Kpl, TWENTY FIVE KMPL in real life. This in a mixed cycle of 60% highway and 40%city.
I am no where getting these figures. My best is 21.5 kmpl with mostly highway and 19.2 kmpl with your kind of mixed usage. Any tips? My old Micra would have given 26 kmpl and 23 kmpl in the same place. However, the ARAI rating is +2 kmpl more than in the Figo!
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th February 2017, 23:15   #848
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
I am no where getting these figures. My best is 21.5 kmpl with mostly highway and 19.2 kmpl with your kind of mixed usage. Any tips? My old Micra would have given 26 kmpl and 23 kmpl in the same place. However, the ARAI rating is +2 kmpl more than in the Figo!
Sorry for the delay, thoma saan. I am pleasantly surprised myself at the FE. My resolve to get good mileage stems from the fact that I calculated the cost of ownership of a host of cars and compared them to the total cost of ownership of Duke 390 before deciding to opt for the Figo base 1.5D. My objective with the car ownership is not prestige or fun but to keep costs down. It would help to know the depth of my doggedness if you know that I seriously considered Multix(3.5 lacs) and Maxximo (5 lacs) in my quest but their resale and hill climb prowess(something I crave) kept them out of contention. Indica CR4 was retaling at 5.2 lac and had Air conditioning and power steering missed in the Maxximo. Their(Multix and Maxximo) FE in real world was not stratospheric enough to prove advantageous over their shortcomings especially in terms of their low speed, poor braking and loud NVH. All these factors keep me content to maintain 70-80 kmph in NH 90% of the time. My daily commute of 25 kms comprises 8km NH, 12km of light, 30-40 kmph traffic and 5 km of 10-20kmph residential streets. The rest of the average monthly mileage of around 2000kms is from week end trips comprising 80% NH.
I used the instant FE in MID to find which speed is to be maintained to get high FE (40+kmpl Instant FE) in each gear. I found the first gear to be too high for achieving better FE. It was hard to maintain 20+kmpl Instant FE at any speed in first gear. So I make it a point to avoid first gear traffic by either rerouting or rescheduling. I was surprised to notice that I could achieve 40+kmpl (instant FE) in the following speed in following gears. Second gear- 20kmph, Third gear-30kmph, Fourth gear-40kmph. I found the fifth gear to be very accommodating right from 50kmph all the way to 80kmph. It was able to maintain 40+kmpl instant FE throughout 50-80kmph range,under gentle acceleration. I strictly adhere to these speeds by working the gear often( which is a chore in the city). I noticed that, while accelerating, the drop in instant FE goes to single digit if I am zesty with the accelerator. So I keep a pace where I have to give the least number of inputs to change speeds by either braking or accelerating. For example if I find a empty stretch after overtaking a bus in traffic, I maintain the pace a little faster than the bus rather than picking up speed to close the gap quickly and then being forced to slow down behind another vehicle. The power output (which is a little better than the old Innova's engine, bragging) makes it possible to pick up speeds quickly with just gentle nudges to the accelerator, lowering the loss from low Instant FE that is inevitable when picking up speed. Finally I never ride the clutch or let the engine chug at higher gear even when convenient.

Summing up,
1. Shifting gears to match the speed, as often as required.
2. Reducing braking by anticipating traffic.
3. Never racing, always giving way.
4. Never slipping clutch.
5. Avoiding first gear crawl.
6. Constantly using coasting to balance out low instant FE figures while picking up speeds.
COMMUTER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 17:51   #849
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
I could tell the difference, some others I was sharing the cars with couldn't, so I can only conclude it isn't very obvious to a layman, at least not to the point of being a deal-breaker.
Apart from the stuff that's visible to the naked eye (SYNC, better display etc), one major goody present only in the Titanium+ 's music system is the DSP functionality. Those three letters are worth their weight in gold.

Yes, it's an honest to goodness Time alignment enabled DSP, which centers the soundstage right in front of the driver. If you set the DSP soundstage to "Everyone" instead of "Driver", you can immediately tell that you lost the great sound stage. This is what the lower variants would sound like, since they don't get a DSP.
d3mon is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 18:06   #850
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
i am getting around the same figures. Around 22 on the highway and anywhere from 18 to 20 with city usage but i do maintain a good pace. The highest recorded is 24kmpl, driven in a sedate relaxed manner maintaining 80-90kph on a clean stretch of highway. So 25 is definitely achievable but the general figures would lie anywhere between 18-22kmpl according me.

And please stop comparing it with the micra. You've got 100bhp under the hood and its quite obvious that the FE wont be the same

Quote:
Originally Posted by COMMUTER View Post
Sorry for the delay, thoma saan. I am pleasantly surprised myself at the FE. My resolve to get good mileage stems from the fact that I calculated the cost of ownership of a host of cars and compared them to the total cost of ownership of Duke 390 before deciding to opt for the Figo base 1.5D...
Just an opinion. Theres too much of calculations going on here. It just doesn't seem good to drive with so much calculations going on the mind and that too to save 2-3kmpl - that too considering we have really good FE in general. I would rather prefer enjoying the drive the way i like it and i do advocate this too

Last edited by blackbandit : 18th February 2017 at 18:25.
blackbandit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 19:13   #851
BHPian

Quote:
i am getting around the same figures.

And please stop comparing it with the micra. You've got 100bhp under the hood and its quite obvious that the FE wont be the same

Just an opinion. Theres too much of calculations going on here. It just doesn't seem good to drive with so much calculations going on the mind and that too to save 2-3kmpl - that too considering we have really good FE in general. I would rather prefer enjoying the drive the way i like it and i do advocate this too
During the running in period I drove from Delhi to chandigarh strictly at 80kmph and got 27 kms to a liter, the best mileage I ever got with the car. Nowadays when I drive at 90-100kmph I get about 23-24kmpl on the highway and around 18kmpl in the city. I believe around 60-70kmph would be the sweet spot for the car in terms of fuel economy, but these speeds are just too boring on the highway . I also read somewhere that driving slightly below the speed limit causes more accidents than driving slightly above the limit.
bullrun87 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 19:28   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So 25 is definitely achievable but the general figures would lie anywhere between 18-22kmpl according me.
I rented the previous gen Figo in 2015. Did a 750 km trip and managed to extract 25 kmpl. Spent an unearthly 1600 Rs for 750 km with 2 adults and 2 kids travelling Madras-Bangalore-Madras Was like cultural shock for me coming from a petrol car, where anything above 18 kmpl is a blue moon event. I was in no hurry, had 8 hours of sunlight to drive 320 km. Drove like a saint, without any hard braking the entire round trip. I probably ran into just 2 unanticipated braking situations the entire trip. Barely crossed 105 on an empty stretch near Vaniyambadi. Even the city section (Electronics City-BEML) was done at odd hours like 11:30 pm and 7:00 am.

These are not practical on every trip, happens rarely on one off trips.

Quote:
I also read somewhere that driving slightly below the speed limit causes more accidents than driving slightly above the limit.
All these theories may apply for USA man, where some places have minimum speed limit posted. Not India where everything from cycle to 18 wheeler share the same road, even park as they will.
narayans80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 18th February 2017, 22:28   #853
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
During the running in period I drove from Delhi to chandigarh strictly at 80kmph and got 27 kms to a later...
27kmpl thats amazingly high FE especially during the run in period. I used to get as low as 14-15 initially. And even 23-24 seems wonderful. You must be very very gentle on that throttle.
Old 19th February 2017, 09:54   #854
BANNED

Quote:
Just an opinion. Theres too much of calculations going on here.
I do agree that we cant risk it all for just being stingy, especially on road . Few points to clarify that this FE is achievable without a lot of compromise.

I enjoy the family's safety and convenience while keeping an eye on frugality. I don't consciously change inputs for the sake of FE on road. I do enjoy my drives and find them both exciting and soothing even after my pace slowed after an accident an year ago.

I do speed up using most of the power when I line up to overtake and find some ultra manly guy, who flashes and blares, tries to zigzag around me as if I am parked. I usually slow down when I can, but there are times when traffic is high and slowing down will put me in the path of another ultra ultra manly guy hot on first guy's tail. Without choice, I give accelerator a prod and gain enough speed to finish the overtake before he tries to change over to the other lane to begin the zigzag. SUV/MUV guys are the frequently humbled ones, they will slouch behind me for a while even after I slow down to 80 Kmph before passing.

My low speed is not an end result of me trying to save a few hundred rupees but is a by-product of caution after facing an accident in my Dad's Indica xeta. I was doing a zesty pace when, dazzled by on coming traffic, rammed into an old man riding a bicycle. I didn't cross the white line(freshly laid road), the old person was not having any light and the night was pitch dark. I was not driving rashly, was doing 70 kmph, when two AL Dost mini pickups were abreast in the middle of an overtaking maneuver in a dual carriageway. I flicked on the high beam immediately on losing visibility and was shocked to find the cyclist in front of the car. He survived.

I keep a lower speed than traffic as a result of this. I do agree that the slower speed is not always safer. I do have 100bhp and I don't hesitate to use it. I do 100-110 kmph throughout drives whenever required. I have done insane speeds on empty stretches a few times after purchasing the car. When I am doing below 80 kmph I gain speed, whenever required, with adequate rapidity without getting anyone to brake, slowdown or turn sharply.

Last edited by COMMUTER : 19th February 2017 at 10:08.
COMMUTER is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th February 2017, 18:32   #855
BHPian

Cross posting from the Aspire thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d3mon View Post
Gentlemen, I can confirm with absolute certainty now that spraying a lubricant of some sort in this gear selector region will introduce a spring in each step of your gearbox. Figuratively, of course, as I don't think anybody would want additional springs in their gearboxes.
d3mon is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks