Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th April 2017, 23:55   #886
BHPian

With no offense to anyone, just my story regarding the Figo diesel.

After having read so much about it having the best pick up and great overall engine, I decided it had to be my pick as a next beater.
Having decided this, booked on zoomcar for 240kms, luckily got the new generation one and drove it through all sorts of roads and through traffic conditions upto the permissible limit of 120 kph, came away disappointed with the pick up, was too noisy even lower down and felt the driving position was too odd with a non telescopic steering and poor clutch positioning, it ended too high.

Space was okayish, yes bottom end was responsive but this engine is anything but free revving and sound deadening is so much better on the Ecosport. Another aspect that's better on the Ecosport is the gearshift quality which is very poor on the Figo twins, in fact was much better in the previous generation.

Since the Zoomcar was 41k driven in 10 months, thought it was unfair to judge.
Called for a test drive today and the same happened, overall not happy with any aspect of the Figo twins, in same price range, Swift is still better put together and way easier to drive, not to mention the better resale value and after sales .

Baleno is a league ahead and my pick would obviously be the elite i20 even if on a budget, I'd rather go for it's lower models
The drive experience of the i20 is way better and it's 90 horses sounded and felt much more real than the Figo's 100.

Mod Note; Please take the time to format your post and use correct punctuation including capitalization where required, full stops at the end of a sentence, etc.

Last edited by noopster : 14th April 2017 at 23:46. Reason: Refer mod note inline- last warning
dhruvritzed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 02:13   #887
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhruvritzed View Post
With no offense to anyone, just my story regarding the figo diesel

-SNIP-

Baleno is a league ahead and my pick would obviously be the elite i20 even if on a budget, I'd rather go for it's lower models
The drive experience of the i20 is way better and it's 90 horses sounded and felt much more real than the figo's 100.
+1

Though only a short spin in the Figo, I felt it was noisy and hesitant. i20 is sweet, pliant city ride and an excellent engine, but for its wallow-ey and inaccurate feeling at highway speeds. The Fiat Multijets are as refined as the 1.4 U2 CRDI. The 90hp though lacks in the low end, makes it up with the punchy mid range and healthy top end.
anand.shankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 11:52   #888
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
From this scoop, we can also see a Maroon Figo having the silver decal on the sides with 'S' logo. But this car is having Silver alloys

So, does that mean it's a mere Cosmetic treatment in this so called 'Sport' variant?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-17862433_173005426553677_7975964675069634286_n.jpg  

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 11th April 2017 at 11:54. Reason: Adding Avi's scoop pic
Prodigy07 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 11:57   #889
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
From this scoop, we can also see a Maroon Figo having the silver decal on the sides with 'S' logo. But this car is having Silver alloys

So, does that mean it's a mere Cosmetic treatment in this so called 'Sport' variant?
That Maroon one isn't a Figo but a Aspire. It gets New Silver Alloys from the Facelifted Fiesta. The Figo however in this Sports Avatar gets 15" Black Alloys with different design.

Whether this is cosmetic or really a proper Sports Version (Like Fiesta S), only a proper drive will give us an idea.
CarguyNish is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 13:45   #890
BHPian

The styling on white Figo looks really good. Aspire looks like its got some after market treatment. Any pictures of the interiors?

Last edited by noopster : 14th April 2017 at 23:47. Reason: Typo
Old 11th April 2017, 14:46   #891
BHPian

Hi all,
I have a Ford Figo petrol 1.2.
I have some questions for fellow owners.

What is the instantaneous fuel consumption shown in your MIDs during highway drives?
for example:
5th gear 100kmph (steady speed) kmpl?
4th gear 60kmph (steady speed) kmpl?

Also, I have experienced smelling petrol inside cabin sometimes, has anyone experienced similar problem?

I am very much worried about my cars performance.
Wanted to know if my car is behaving as per design intent or if there some problem in my car.

Thank you

Last edited by noopster : 14th April 2017 at 23:47. Reason: Typos
gauravanekar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 16:18   #892
BHPian

Looks like the Aspire doesn't get as many improvements as the Figo.
The grille looks like the regular one, save for the black treatment as replacement for the chrome slated grille.

The alloys give you a dejavu of the Fiesta 1.6S don't you think?

Figo wins the 'S' treatment hands down.

But what is Ford thinking? With all the commonizing, I'm so tuned to thinking that this will be the same on both models. It's unusual for me to note that they are looking significantly different now
vigvr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th April 2017, 22:21   #893
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post
What is the instantaneous fuel consumption shown in your MIDs during highway drives?
for example:

Also, I have experienced smelling petrol inside cabin sometimes, has anyone experienced similar problem?

I am very much worried about my cars performance.
What exactly is worrying you?
What does your MID show?

My observations as an Aspire Petrol owner are a follows:

First thing you should know is that mileage is very sensitive to A pedal pressure. So a light foot on the accelerator at whatever speed or gear, will give you good mileage.

So with a very light foot,
5th gear 100kmph (steady speed) kmpl? 26-30
5th gear 80kmph (steady speed) kmpl? 30-35
4th gear 60kmph (steady speed) kmpl? 22-30

Petrol smell in my cabin is just after fuelling. But others have faced this problem (skanchan95).

- Sam
Old 12th April 2017, 07:05   #894
BHPian

Quote:
With no offense to anyone, just my story regarding the figo diesel.....felt much more real than the figo's 100.
Agree. I drove the Figo the other day by doing exactly the same thing you did - taking it on rent from ZoomCar. To my disapointment - I had the same issue with the driving position and clutch release. The engine did not give me the sense of a free revving engine. I was seriously considering this car, however now may have to look other alternatives. I was thoroughly impressed by the S Cross 1.3 (that's closest to my budget). Baleno driving position was spot on except for the slightly high dashboard. I may finally end up a 2nd hand Polo TSI, and still keep my old Figo TDCI 1.4

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 23rd May 2017 at 22:37. Reason: Please do not quote entire large posts. Thank you.
vankito is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 16:29   #895
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravanekar View Post

for example:
Mine's a 1.2 Figo and I never really cared for the instantaneous FE. At times the MID would show the instantaneous FE to be 60-65 kmpl, may be higher, while maintaining speeds between 60-90 at higher gears, which I feel is highly unrealistic.

The actual "Average FE" is always 1.5 to 1.8 kmpl less than what is shown on the MID. For eg, as per the MID, my average(with AC on all the time) now hovers between 14 to 14.5 kmpl, but the "Fillup" mobile app shows my FE to be 12.5 to 13.1 kmpl(Tankful method).
skanchan95 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th April 2017, 17:41   #896
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skanchan95 View Post
At times the MID would show the instantaneous FE to be 60-65 kmpl, may be higher, while maintaining speeds between 60-90 at higher gears, which I feel is highly unrealistic.
Slightly OT & maybe already known, all cars which have instantaneous FE will show higher numbers during lesser load on the engine. In the Figo TDCi, if you are going downhill & you are in the correct gear, without any accelerator input, it will constantly show 99.9kmpl until the speed drops to a level which is not appropriate for that gear. Cannot be taken at face value. Of course, if you drive with the instantaneous FE screen showing up in the MID, the Avg. FE will be higher at the end of a drive if you are consciously shifting gears and maintaining a high instant FE number. I have noticed these high numbers showing up in the Jazz Petrol model too.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 10:11   #897
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
A few more spyshots of the Figo Sport, courtesy Autos Arena.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
If any enthusiast is going to book a Figo / Aspire, please wait for a couple of days. Ford is bringing out updates or possibly, a sportier variant. Received an invite for a drive that mentions "a sportier stance" and "an array of new features" for the Ford Aspire Sports & Figo Sports. Ford says it will step up the "Fun of Driving".

Don't know if there are mechanical changes, but it might be worth the wait if you've zero'ed in on these Fords.
Could these be export surplus by any chance like the Zen Carbon/Steel?
The Ford UK site shows a variant that looks just like this.
Old 14th April 2017, 10:32   #898
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
Could these be export surplus by any chance like the Zen Carbon/Steel?
The Ford UK site shows a variant that looks just like this.
Not exactly export surplus. They are probably using the Look, Suspension and Steering from the UK model to give a driver-centric car, in the hopes of improving sales.

If its everything we hope it is, sales notwithstanding, I think we have a legend in the making, a la the Fiesta S
Old 14th April 2017, 15:37   #899
BHPian

Only cosmetic changes and No change in the suspension whatsoever was confirmed by A Sales Executive, at Noida Ford.

He went to say there would be the grill, the blacked out components, wider and bigger tyres on a different alloy design, just as we saw in the pictures. No performance upgrade in the engine or suspension.

Quote:
With no offense to anyone, just my story regarding the figo diesel
After having read so much about it having the best pick up and great overall engine, i decided it had to be my pick as a next beater.

The drive experience of the i20 is way better and it's 90 horses sounded and felt much more real than the figo's 100.
I can't help laughing at this.

The Figo, not a abused one, is such a pleasure to drive in the city. There is very minimal lag and once you get used to way the diesel engine works, everything you require in a city drive happens at only ~30-40% A pedal input.

The driving experience of the elite i20 is nowhere close to the Figo. The vagueness of i20's steering is not at all confidence inspiring. Not to mention that lazy engine which could never keep with Figo's.

Any car under 10 lakhs, Figo would beat it in the track, traffic or a drag. Period.

Elite i20 is not better than Figo in any terms, be it VFM, Performance, Driving experience. The interiors of the Elite i20 are definitely better but then the plastic feels cheap and then there are the rattles.

All the Figo needed was a 15" tyre upgrade, which now Ford has done with Figo S.

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th April 2017 at 17:08. Reason: Back to back posts within 20 mins. Please avoid in future!
bhphog is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th April 2017, 19:38   #900
Team-BHP Support

Honestly, I'd be more interested if Ford officially allowed swapping out just the alloys with the Fiesta's 15-inchers being offered on the Aspire Sport, without causing warranty shenanigans. I like the stock Figo, and the visual upgrades aren't my cup of tea.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks