Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 23rd May 2017, 18:35   #916
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ngauravmalhotra View Post
Hello All,

Any recommendations for service centre in Bangalore around koramangala.

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
If you are specifically looking for something in Koramangala only, google throws up the below:

Cauvery Ford
Address: SN 1, 80 Ft Rd, 8th Blk, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095
Phone: 099860 77678

They have a rating of 3.9 stars on Google so you can refer the reviews and also wait for other bhpians from that part of town who have visited this Service Center for their feedback.
Please note that Cauvery Ford at Koramangala is only a sales showroom and they do not have a service center in that area. Their service center is attached to their sales showroom at Magadhi road near the station. I recently bought my Ecosport from their Koramangala showroom and was told that they are trying to find space nearby to open the service station but not finding anything.

The other option is Lathangi ford at Electronic City. I am planning to stick to Cauvery Ford just to use the sales relationships.

Last edited by FlyingSpur : 23rd May 2017 at 22:35. Reason: Edited quote for mobile-friendly viewing
justwheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 20:12   #917
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Ford has apparently stopped taking bookings for Figo and Aspire for the Titanium + variants which came with 6 airbags. Accompanied a friend for booking one and dealer refused to take the booking citing the above. No more communication has been made by Ford.
drmohitg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 21:42   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
Ford has apparently stopped taking bookings for Figo and Aspire for the Titanium + variants which came with 6 airbags. Accompanied a friend for booking one and dealer refused to take the booking citing the above. No more communication has been made by Ford.
The Dealer in Kochi today said Ford is discontinuing the Titanium +. There's a Titanium with safety pack instead, which has 6 airbags.
joethomasv is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2017, 23:44   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post

Cauvery Ford
Address: SN 1, 80 Ft Rd, 8th Blk, Koramangala, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560095
Phone: 099860 77678
Quote:
Originally Posted by justwheels View Post
Please note that Cauvery Ford at Koramangala is only a sales showroom and they do not have a service center in that area. Their service center is attached to their sales showroom at Magadhi road near the station. I recently bought my Ecosport from their Koramangala showroom and was told that they are trying to find space nearby to open the service station but not finding anything.

The other option is Lathangi ford at Electronic City. I am planning to stick to Cauvery Ford just to use the sales relationships.
Thank you. I decided to go with Cauvery ford. They asked me to drop the car at their sales office and they will get it services and bring it back .

Will update on how well it goes.
Old 29th May 2017, 20:54   #920
BHPian

Just few weeks back I had gone to my dealer, Sai Sakshi Ford in Wakad with a friend who wanted to buy a new Figo. To my surprise the entire showroom looked deserted (weekday) messed up chairs and all and no electricity. Finally someone showed us to the manager's office who told us they have gone bankrupt and some investor is buying them. He said service is going as usual but their dealership will have someone new in a few weeks.

I am shocked. I want to know if anyone has any more information regarding this. Also where do I service my Figo in the future? Is it safe to continue with these guys (assuming it will be a Ford outlet in the future)? If not then how do I go about my aftersales work with lets say Talera Ford in the future? Anything I need to know? Thank you. Regds

P.S. - I was under the impression that it was Planet Ford who were folding up but I never expected Sai Sakshi to have this fate.

Last edited by haldar_siliguri : 29th May 2017 at 20:55. Reason: Grammatical error
Old 5th June 2017, 16:04   #921
Distinguished - BHPian

Does the Figo use H4 bulbs? Wasnt able to find out from the review or this thread.
Old 5th June 2017, 16:44   #922
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone know if the new Figo (diesel) comes with an engine splash guard (the sort that protects the lower part of the engine from water and debris)?

The other day while cleaning the engine bay of my Figo I saw a bit of the ground through the engine bay, which I don't remember seeing on earlier occasions . I had given the car for servicing recently, is it possible that the mechanic has removed the splash guard?
Old 5th June 2017, 22:13   #923
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil.jericho View Post
Does the Figo use H4 bulbs? Wasnt able to find out from the review or this thread.
Yes, they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
Hi,

Does anyone know if the new Figo (diesel) comes with an engine splash guard (the sort that protects the lower part of the engine from water and debris)?
I don't think it has one. The diesel Aspire doesn't have one atleast.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 20:41   #924
BHPian

I am looking for a small car which is safe and fast enough. Figo diesel titanium is one of the serious contenders and I am being offered 40k off on the ex showroom in Gurgaon.

Apart from the outdated interior, heavy clutch, small alloy size, no parking assist and the fat transmission tunnel fouling with the left knee, all seems in place.

Will it be a good buy at 6.32 ex-showroom price if I have a strict budget of 7 for this purchase?
Another safe and fast but not costly to buy contender is Ameo trendline diesel being offered at 5.9 ex-showroom. Please advice.

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2017 at 08:41. Reason: Spacing
.Albatross. is offline   (1) Thanks Received Infraction
Old 8th June 2017, 22:56   #925
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Albatross. View Post
I am looking for a small car which is safe and fast enough. Figo diesel titanium is one of the serious contenders and I am being offered 40k off on the ex showroom in Gurgaon.
Off the top of my head:
  1. With the trendline, you lose out on rear power windows, seat height adjuster, fog lamps, A/C with cooling only, and some visually appealing stuff like the leather wrap around the steering, piano black inserts, gear knob finish etc compared to the Figo Titanium.
  2. What remains the same is the safety on offer between both cars as both have 2 air bags, ABS + EBD.
  3. What you gain with the trendline over the Figo is the superior build, higher safety rating in the GNCAP (Atleast Polo has 4 stars on which Ameo is based compared to Figo and Aspire which have scored 3 stars), engine tune with higher torque in the Ameo compared to Figo.
  4. What you gain in the Figo is better city driveability owing to lower turbo lag, no headache of VW Dieselgate scandal, lower maintenance costs, easy spares availability and equally good highway performance if not better than the VW.

Going by the above, if you can stretch your budget to the Comfortline Ameo you will probably get a better package compared to the Figo. It also depends on the usage pattern of the car. If it is mainly city with less highway, Figo with its compact dimensions + powerful engine & low weight will be easier to handle in the city compared to Ameo. Also if the car will likely be used by only 2 or 3 people utmost, then Ameo is good but any more and it will be a tight squeeze. Figo scores better here in terms of interior space and comfort. I may have missed a few points when it comes to features so will let others chip in as well. All the best with your choice & do keep us updated on what you select !!

Last edited by GTO : 9th June 2017 at 08:42. Reason: Quoted post edited
abhinav.s is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2017, 22:57   #926
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The Ameo is no match for the Figo engine, add the optional 6 airbags for 40k and there is no safer option, parking sensors + camera is an official accessory (much cheaper options aftermarket), clutch and tunnel won't be a bother after 1 week.

Old 8th June 2017, 22:59   #927

Quote:

I think you are already convinced with Ameo and it seems that Interior is deal breaker for you. But when you hit the pedal of Figo, you will have that grin on your chin.
All the best for your future car.

nit787 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th June 2017, 22:44   #928
A M
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joethomasv View Post
The Dealer in Kochi today said Ford is discontinuing the Titanium +. There's a Titanium with safety pack instead, which has 6 airbags.
Does that mean Ford is going to takeaway the SYNC infotainment away from Figo or will that become a part of Titanium(O) variant? Any idea..anyone?
Old 10th June 2017, 22:50   #929
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by A M View Post
Does that mean Ford is going to takeaway the SYNC infotainment away from Figo or will that become a part of Titanium(O) variant? Any idea..anyone?
There is no clear news on this part. Let's see what Ford does. One of the reasons why I love the Aspire is the music system.

But if Ford is doing so to keep the 6 airbags, then I won't complain.
Old 11th June 2017, 12:13   #930
BHPian

Few updates :-
1) Ambiente and Titanium+ no longer available , have been taken off the dealer price list as well
2) No stock available for 6 airbag Titanium variant as the dealer orders on demand only , thus no discount as well . On exshowroom price the price difference is a mere 19k but if we count the difference in discount it becomes 60k
3) No discount on Figo sports thus making it 90 k costlier than Titanium variant which is 6.3 exshowroom after discounts.

Considering the above factors I find Titanium variant the most VFM and may buy it in the coming week
.Albatross. is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed