Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th December 2017, 15:48   #1096
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Guys, I am unable to connect my phone with the Figo's non-sync music system via bluetooth. I had the note 2 earlier and it used to connect with the system seamlessly. However, when I tried connecting my HTC desire 820, it failed to connect citing wrong pin as the reason. This happens repeatedly. I had observed similar behaviour with my friends' IPhone 6S a couple of months back though at that time, I shrugged it off thinking that there must be a problem with his phone itself. Has someone else faced this problem? If yes, how can it be rectified?
Try to add from the music system. There is an Add device option. I have had trouble pairing with some mobiles. This method helped it to connect.
jayakumarkp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 17:32   #1097
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivee90 View Post
I am almost certain this is a flaw, however since Ford markets this car as a very clever one, I am curious if this reason misses me! Any idea?
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerd1200 View Post
It's a feature! Generally found on the germans.

If you're parked in a dark road/highway temporarily you can use this feature to enhance visibility of your car.
It's a feature indeed as nerd1200 pointed out. Apart from the Germans, Fiats also behave the same way. Although its usually only the parking light that remains on. Good feature, but you might want to get it checked why the headlight is also remaining on.
Old 18th December 2017, 17:33   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I am unable to connect my phone with the Figo's non-sync music system via bluetooth.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayakumarkp View Post
Try to add from the music system. There is an Add device option. I have had trouble pairing with some mobiles. This method helped it to connect.
As jayakumar has mentioned, try to add the device from the system. First go to DEL Device and delete any old devices which need not connect to the car. Then choose ADD Device and add the one you want to pair. It will pair once the PIN is supplied.
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 17:40   #1099
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivee90 View Post
So, on turning OFF the car with the indicator stalk activated to either side I noticed that the low beam and rear light stays ON on the respective side even after I locked the car! And it seems to stay ON forever.

I am almost certain this is a flaw, however since Ford markets this car as a very clever one, I am curious if this reason misses me! Any idea?
It's a parking light - depending on what side of the car is facing the road, you generally leave that side's light on so passing vehicles are aware that your car is parked.

It's there primarily in Germans as has been rightly pointed out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetti View Post
It's a feature indeed as nerd1200 pointed out. Apart from the Germans, Fiats also behave the same way. Although its usually only the parking light that remains on. Good feature, but you might want to get it checked why the headlight is also remaining on.
True - it's the parking bulb, not the main-beam or high-beam. To give visibility to traffic coming from both sides.
This is how it worked on the Skoda and Mercs too. Best to check with Ford if this has been designed in that manner - maybe the parking bulb wasn't bright enough compared to newer cars which have their DRL LED on?

Last edited by lamborghini : 18th December 2017 at 17:41.
lamborghini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 17:43   #1100
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
As jayakumar has mentioned, try to add the device from the system. First go to DEL Device and delete any old devices which need not connect to the car. Then choose ADD Device and add the one you want to pair. It will pair once the PIN is supplied.
Yes, I always add from the system itself via add device. There is one old device in my system. I will delete it and let you guys know if the problem gets solved.
Old 18th December 2017, 19:37   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I always add from the system itself via add device. There is one old device in my system. I will delete it and let you guys know if the problem gets solved.
Cool. Also there is a limit to the number of devices that you can add. So it might refuse connection if it has reached the limit too. May not be the issue in your case but just letting you know.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2017, 23:53   #1102
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Cool. Also there is a limit to the number of devices that you can add. So it might refuse connection if it has reached the limit too. May not be the issue in your case but just letting you know.
Thanks guys. The problem was indeed due to too many devices added by the system. I deleted all the devices and the problem was solved.
AYP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd January 2018, 16:09   #1103
BHPian

Ford Figo January price ex showroom
Ford Figo : Official Review-_20180103_160814.jpg
Dramitn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 18:26   #1104
Distinguished - BHPian

I have seen many New Figo / Aspire diesels smoking a lot. This has been discussed couple of times even on our forum.

Satish Saladi has shared his experience in video. Check the video after 4:20, the smoke is too much. I believe this is a stock car.
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 22:15   #1105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I have seen many New Figo / Aspire diesels smoking a lot. This has been discussed couple of times even on our forum.

Satish Saladi has shared his experience in video. Check the video after 4:20, the smoke is too much. I believe this is a stock car.
I am quite sure this is not the normal smoke from a Figo diesel. I have revved the engine on my Aspire in neutral few times to 4K rpm and the smoke was way lower than this. In fact it was not thick smoke like this either when it did smoke.
This guy needs to check his air filter or probably he’s not revving high enough while driving to cause soot settle in the exhaust.
tharian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 22:23   #1106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I am quite sure this is not the normal smoke from a Figo diesel. I have revved the engine on my Aspire in neutral few times to 4K rpm and the smoke was way lower than this. In fact it was not thick smoke like this either when it did smoke.
This guy needs to check his air filter or probably he’s not revving high enough while driving to cause soot settle in the exhaust.
Yes, it did not look normal at all. But the owner claims that his car was inspected at service centre and he has even got it in writing that it is NORMAL. There is minimal load on engine when revving in neutral, so this much amount of smoke is really surprising. I have seen one Figo smoking like hell yesterday while climbing Coorg (but the engine is under load here).

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 10th January 2018 at 22:25.
Old 10th January 2018, 23:31   #1107
BHPian

Quote:

Satish Saladi has shared his experience in video. Check the video after 4:20, the smoke is too much. I believe this is a stock car...
I wouldn't completely go against the observation that Figo/Aspire diesels tend to emit smoke slightly higher than expected but this guy's Figo is emitting abnormally high levels of smoke. I remember once during my 40K KM or 50K KM service, the technician had revved my Figo's engine quite high for a considerable duration and the smoke wasn't anywhere near as high.It was on the expected lines for such revving. I would still keep an eye on it going forward!!

Last edited by espraveen : 10th January 2018 at 23:32.
espraveen is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2018, 23:35   #1108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by espraveen View Post
I wouldn't completely go against the observation that Figo/Aspire diesels tend to emit smoke slightly higher than expected but this guy's Figo is emitting abnormally high levels of smoke. I remember once during my 40K KM or 50K KM service, the technician had revved my Figo's engine quite high for a considerable duration and the smoke wasn't anywhere near as high.It was on the expected lines for such revving. I would still keep an eye on it going forward!!
I missed out one point. I just realised it. It looks like the owner here revved the car when engine is cold. There is more fuelling at cold start and that should be the reason for high smoke.
Old 11th January 2018, 00:17   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Don't think so much of smoke is normal & I believe our 2016 Ecosport tdci doesn't smoke so much. Let me try to make a video after the engine is warmed up. Our erstwhile punto with 1.3 mjd used to smoke just for one time after giving full throttle, then the soot used to clear up.
chiranjitp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th January 2018, 10:40   #1110
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I am unable to connect my phone with the Figo's non-sync music system via bluetooth. I had the note 2 earlier and it used to connect with the system seamlessly. However, when I tried connecting my HTC desire 820, it failed to connect citing wrong pin as the reason. This happens repeatedly. I had observed similar behaviour with my friends' IPhone 6S a couple of months back though at that time, I shrugged it off thinking that there must be a problem with his phone itself. Has someone else faced this problem? If yes, how can it be rectified?
I am facing the exact same issue with my wife's VIVO. It used to connect earlier but all of a sudden it started refusing connection. I deleted her phone and went on to ADD DEVICE but still it pops up as wrong PIN. Any other work around?

My iphone connects flawlessly though.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks