Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-76.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4341327)
Now I am really confused whether to go for it or try to swap it with some other freebies.

Good options provided by other members already. If you have already negotiated for other options and only want to convert this 12k rear camera into some other accessory, and if you have not already, then get the Figo branded seat covers of Art Leather that come in black with Red Contrast stitching costing around 5.5k, Reverse Sensor for around 4k and the side rub rails for the remaining price even if you have to pay a little more over and above the 12k. As mentioned by skanchan, better not to tint the rear glass as the titanium variant has a defogger & most sun film installs get the rear with defogger wrong!!

I got the seat covers for my White Figo and they look good. They dont last long though. Over 10 months and 14,500kms of use, the driver side has worn out pretty much and also showing signs of tear in some places. But for the price, they look good when new and you can get them changed later on.

Guys

I got a call from Metro ford (Bangalore) offering me a 4th year extended warranty for Rs.10500. Are you getting such offers? It seems that the listed price is Rs18199.

To note that I have 2+1 year warranty already and just completed by 2 year ownership of the little one.

Should I go for it, considering that there is one more year to decide. Also any advice on Insurances- comprehensive or zero dep?

Thanks, Z

Can someone please share offset and pcd for Figo?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4342036)
Is anyone aware of offset and pcd for Figo?

Dear Sir,

The offset for non sports version is 37.5, and the PCD is 4x108

The offset for sports version is 47 and the PCD is 4x108.

Regards

Car's Paradise

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavegur (Post 4341860)
I got a call from Metro ford (Bangalore) offering me a 4th year extended warranty for Rs.10500. Are you getting such offers? It seems that the listed price is Rs18199.

Mine is yet to complete one year hence no such calls yet. Price seems to be good for 4th year warranty. Ideally any manufacturing defect will come to the fore in the first 2 years of ownership but if yours is a diesel car, best to go for the max warranty provided by the manufacturer.

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavegur (Post 4341860)
Also any advice on Insurances- comprehensive or zero dep?

Policy bazaar is your best friend and as long as you can get Zero Dep at a very competitive price, best to get zero dep. Compare the quotes from policy bazaar, your dealer, any independent insurance providers you may know and take the best deal out there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Car's Paradise (Post 4342044)
Dear Sir,

The offset for non sports version is 37.5, and the PCD is 4x108

While searching for alloys I realized that most of the HRS alloys in 15" have Offset of 40 whereas for 14" its 38. Can I use these 40 offset alloys?

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4344195)
While searching for alloys I realized that most of the HRS alloys in 15" have Offset of 40 whereas for 14" its 38. Can I use these 40 offset alloys?

Dear saurabh041086,

Offset is how much your wheel rim will move towards the car body or away from the car body considering the wheel-well and along the transverse axis of the car.

If the stock offset is 37.5 and changed to 40, the wheel rim will move closer to the body along the transverse axis, if the rim width remains same.

The stock size rim size of Ford Aspire/ Figo for non-sports version is 14"x 5.5" with offset 37.5 and the stock tyre size is 175/65 R14.

So if you are choosing 15" alloy, the new rim dimensions will be approximately 15"x 6.5" with offset 40 and tire size you can select is 195/55 R15 considering permissible speedometer error limit.

So comparing both the combinations, the new combination of Tyre+Wheel will stick out by 6 mm from body of the car considering the wheel-well clearance.

You can try out the various combinations using various tire up size calculators available on the web.

Hope it helps!!!

Regards

Car's Paradise

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4344195)

In simple terms, you need not worry too much about the offset. Go for 15" alloys with 6J or 6.5J and 195 55 R15 tyres. You will be all set. The stance will be the same as the Figo Sports version and you will not have issues with wheel well clearance also.

Smoke test on my Aspire TDCi

Revv'd upto 4.5k rpms in neutral and these are the results.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxXhw0Nimow
clap:

I am in a process to buy automatic hatchback for my father replacing his 5.5 yrs old WagonR. Didn't consider AMTs. We test dove grand i10, Baleno, Jazz and Figo.
While grand i10 fits the bill with enough space, great interiors, smooth engine, nice to have features like Touchscreen with reverse parking camera, android auto, mirror link etc.; lack of ABS is beyond me. Also 4 speed TC is dated but sufficient for city use. Baleno is nice to drive and feature loaded, build is worry some. Jazz is an overkill and pricey for my requirement. Almost booked grand i10 until got a sweet deal on 2017 Figo DCT.
Booked one!

Will take delivery on 17th Feb! Very happy to welcome another Figo in the family. I own 5.5 yrs old Figo TDCi and very much happy with it.

Hello Folks!
I have a specific question regarding Figo DCT. The official review mentioned, when you halt at the traffic signals or in traffic, you need to just pull the handbrake. This will disengage the clutch. And no need to move the gear lever to P or N from D or apply brakes.

Have you been following this practice? Is this true - engaging handbrakes disengages the clutch?

I have no clue what the guys at Ford are smoking up.

Last year around the same time, I was being offered a Titanium TDCi with all the discounts at 7.3 OTR in the NCR.

Today, when I checked the prices, the base variant, is costing 6.93 OTR.

It was a tough call between the Ameo TDI Trendline and Figo T TDCi a year back, today with the prices being jacked up by Ford, it is no brainer (checked with VW outlet, with discounts you shall get the Ameo at about 6.93 or lower).

Such a brilliant product is slowly but steadily being culled by Ford, they need to understand, a handful few admire their products and with these not so slow and steady increases in prices, they are dissuading "even" them away.

To add more misery to the increase in prices, being a Ford owner, the resale of Ford is simply abysmal, you buy a Ford Figo today at 8+, I can bet no one shall offer 4, 3 years down the lane. Enjoyment apart, this is some serious money going down the drain.

To sum it all up, Figo TDCi is no longer a VFM option that it once was.

I got the titanium tdci for 7.10 otr(Ghaziabad) on early this year. Offcourse car is dec 2017 manufactured. After hard negotiation this was something really tempting. Second to the engine :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4367260)
I got the titanium tdci for 7.10 otr(Ghaziabad) on early this year. Offcourse car is dec 2017 manufactured. After hard negotiation this was something really tempting. Second to the engine :)

On a similar note, for Petrol Titanium variant, here in Gurgaon, even before negotiation, they're offering a Dec'17 variant at 5.7 Lacs OTR, I guess post table discussions should help in making the deal sweeter, but thanks for the info on diesel one, as it's considerably cheaper than the petrol variants of similar hatchbacks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4367260)

What was the discount that you managed to squeeze out??

I think it must be close to 1.6L cause the OTR for ghaziabad works out to nearly 8.7L (according to carwale). If that's the case then you have definitely managed to get a very good deal.