Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2018, 22:28   #1156
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
1. The one you mentioned, springs of Figo S.
2. Get the springs of the UK based, Ford KA+. They are better than that of Figo S, but sourcing them would be a problem.
3. Eibach or Bilstein springs, then again installation could be an issue.
Option 1 is the best since it is easy to source and would also not pinch the pocket as much as an Eibach or Bilstein. Point 2 is nullified as the Figo S has the same set up as the UK / European Ford Ka+ as per the official t-bhp review. So it is best to source it locally than import it if it is essentially a similarly stiff set up IMHO. Do you know if really the Ka+ suspension is better than the Figo S? Any sources?

Last edited by abhinav.s : 8th May 2018 at 22:45.
Old 17th June 2018, 11:55   #1157
Senior - BHPian

Anybody experiencing rattling from the a/c vents at around 2000rpm?

thoma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th June 2018, 12:15   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Anybody experiencing rattling from the a/c vents at around 2000rpm?

https://Youtu.be/Qyg3fmAuIAs
Weird. Haven't faced this ever.
Does it stop when you place your finger on the vent?
Old 18th June 2018, 14:11   #1159
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anybody experiencing rattling from the a/c vents at around 2000rpm
If I'm hearing it right, that sounds metallic. And there are no metallic parts in the vent covers. Is it possible that something is loose inside the vent. Remove the cover and test it again.

To remove, pry the sides with your nails, hold the ring and pull. Don't worry, nothing will break.
Old 18th June 2018, 14:58   #1160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
If I'm hearing it right, that sounds metallic. And there are no metallic parts in the vent covers. Is it possible that something is loose inside the vent. Remove the cover and test it again.

To remove, pry the sides with your nails, hold the ring and pull. Don't worry, nothing will break.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arijitkanrar View Post
Weird. Haven't faced this ever.
Does it stop when you place your finger on the vent?
It happens on both sides so it is not that any thing has gone inside. Moreover, it stops if I press firmly on the rotating element (cover) of the vent. Anyway I'll give opening it a try. It could be the cover inherently loose inside but not apparently.
Old 18th June 2018, 21:24   #1161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
There is nothing metallic in it. Can this portion too be removed. But still, is there a solution for the rattle without going to the ASC?

Old 18th June 2018, 22:07   #1162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is nothing metallic in it. Can this portion too be removed. But still, is there a solution for the rattle without going to the ASC?
In hope it's not the whole car that is shaking

But that part should not make noise like that. I'm going to the Bodyshop tomorrow. Will try to find a solution/reason.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 12:14   #1163
BHPian

This might be a bit off topic to this thread title but just wanted to chip in since the ongoing conversation is relevant to rattling issues.

I have a 2016 model Aspire. Earlier I had a rattle from the glovebox and got it resolved it during first service. After a few weeks of use, the rattle again started from the same place. I tried to ignore it since it is not a big issue. Now, last week when I went on a long trip I started hearing some squeaking noise from right rear door side. This squeaking noise is heard only on rough patches and not on smooth roads and speed breakers. I think it might be just a small issue of panel rubbing against some surface or probably some lubrication issue.

But the point is, why have manufacturers become so careless in the quality of materials used? I have heard a lot of rattling issues in Swift. Even other threads in team bhp shows that even premium car makers such as Honda has this issue in cars like Jazz. Still Jazz, Baleno, Dzire are considered premium (read premium interiors). I also have a 6+ year old Punto in my hometown and though the plastics are hard to touch and not so great to look at, they don't rattle a lot. Still reviewers and the media tend to portray that Fiat interiors does not feel premium. What is the point of having an interior that looks premium but the actual quality is not? Why are people biased towards Honda, Hyundai and Maruti when even other makers manufacture well-bolted and well-engineered cars?

This leads to the failure of getting well-engineered cars from major players like Fiat, Renault, Mitsubishi, etc.
samcan123 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th June 2018, 16:24   #1164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post

Now, last week when I went on a long trip I started hearing some squeaking noise from right rear door side. This squeaking noise is heard only on rough patches and not on smooth roads and speed breakers. I think it might be just a small issue of panel rubbing against some surface or probably some lubrication issue.
Even I'm experiencing this squeak/creak on the Figo when the car body tend to twist. This was even present in the VW Vento which was due to the velvet-ish strip on the door rubbing against the body while going over un-level surfaces slowly. Don't know how it can be fixed or from where it occurs in the Figo.

Another thing is the fuel sloshing around in the fuel tank. Ford has done much research on design for practicality (lot of new elements are present compared to older models) and has succeeded to a great extend, but the fineness (fit and finish over the long term) is missing and that is showing up as rattles, squeaks, slosh etc. The mobile dock is a nice element but the effectiveness of holding a phone without falling off reduces with usage. The a/c vents rattling is because the vent is not as snugly fit as it was when new. Other examples are with the engine and gearbox. The engine not that open, it have much engine braking, and gear shifts jerk. All this is present even when the engine is powerful and the car fast. That's what I was talking about fineness.

Even the quality of plastics is actually good, but not perfectly fit together (eg-door panel flexes inwards while pulling up the window). The door is actually heavy, it's the hinges that may not be great, you can see front door dangling up and down a wee bit after opening the door fully.

Quote:
This leads to the failure of getting well-engineered cars from major players like Fiat, Renault, Mitsubishi, etc.

Don't know if Fiat or any solid built cars can survive the same quality once volumes pick up, because then manufacturers tend to get overloaded and also greedy.
Old 19th June 2018, 16:36   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Even I'm experiencing this squeak/creak on the Figo when the car body tend to twist. This was even present in the VW Vento which was due to the velvet-ish strip on the door rubbing against the body while going over un-level surfaces slowly. Don't know how it can be fixed or from where it occurs in the Figo.
Even I suspected the rubber beading rubbing against the door but not sure if that is the case actually. Need to check it out with SVC.
samcan123 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th June 2018, 15:50   #1166
BHPian

This is with respect to my 1.5 year old, ~61K run Figo 1.5 Tdci.

On a very recent drive where it was possible to drive the car at speeds unmentionable here, the car after continuous driving at >3500 rpm started to throw tantrums.

First the AC compressor stopped working and then after 5 minutes of driving at >3500 rpm in 5th gear, the overheat sign was displayed at the instrument cluster.
The problem would not occur if driving at 3400 rpm for any duration of time but maintaining 3500 rpm or more would cause these problems to start again.

Couple of things to note (which I think could be related to this problem),
1. Coolant hasn't been changed even once as of yet.
2. Air Filter was removed and cleaned just 4K kms before this incident.
3. Car has been run almost daily since its birth, serviced at proper intervals, has extended warranty and I try to take as much care of her as any bhpian would do.
4. The commonly known problem of the climate control sensor buzzing occurs in my car and the replacement is on its way.

I haven't visited a Ford ASS regarding this because I wanted to have a clear idea about the situation before being bombarded with a list of replacement by Ford ASS.

Thanks for taking the time out to provide your valuable input.
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 12:43   #1167
BHPian

Your engine is probably trying to save itself from overheating by stopping the ac. Engine coolant is to be changed every 160000 kms or 5 years, so your coolant quality is probably fine. My best guess is that it could be low coolant level, a plugged radiator that requires external cleaning or a damaged thermostat that is isn't fully opening to direct coolant flow to the radiator.
bullrun87 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 13:26   #1168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by samcan123 View Post
This might be a bit off topic to this thread title but just wanted to chip in since the ongoing conversation is relevant to rattling issues.

I have a 2016 model Aspire. Earlier I had a rattle from the glovebox and got it resolved it during first service. After a few weeks of use, the rattle again started from the same place. I tried to ignore it since it is not a big issue. Now, last week when I went on a long trip I started hearing some squeaking noise from right rear door side. This squeaking noise is heard only on rough patches and not on smooth roads and speed breakers. I think it might be just a small issue of panel rubbing against some surface or probably some lubrication issue.

But the point is, why have manufacturers become so careless in the quality of materials used? I have heard a lot of rattling issues in Swift. Even other threads in team bhp shows that even premium car makers such as Honda has this issue in cars like Jazz. Still Jazz, Baleno, Dzire are considered premium (read premium interiors). I also have a 6+ year old Punto in my hometown and though the plastics are hard to touch and not so great to look at, they don't rattle a lot. Still reviewers and the media tend to portray that Fiat interiors does not feel premium. What is the point of having an interior that looks premium but the actual quality is not? Why are people biased towards Honda, Hyundai and Maruti when even other makers manufacture well-bolted and well-engineered cars?

The squeak that you mentioned happens due to alignment issues in the door catcher mechanism. The sound is probably due to rubber beading as you mentioned. It is a common issue that i faced twice in the figo and got it sorted at the service center. Haven't faced the issue since a long time now though. Its takes hardly a 10-15 min job to get it sorted out.
blackbandit is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 16:16   #1169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullrun87 View Post
My best guess is that it could be low coolant level, a plugged radiator that requires external cleaning or a damaged thermostat that is isn't fully opening to direct coolant flow to the radiator.
It seems to be a damaged thermostat according to the Ford ASS, which is causing the coolant to leak.

Do I have some recourse in the sense of warranty? I have extended warranty and Zero Dep.
Apparently both 1.3 and 1.6 Ddis S-Cross engines suffer from the same problem and Maruti replaced it under warranty in multiple cases.
Old 26th June 2018, 16:24   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
It seems to be a damaged thermostat according to the Ford ASS, which is causing the coolant to leak.
This thread came rushing to my mind when I read your post, but I was not sure because you did not mention any coolant leak. And there is no temperature gauge in the Figo/Aspire to monitor it.

If the coolant has leaked a lot, can you find any evidence of it? And won't the engine run hot even below those RPMs?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks