Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-81.html)

Sincerely apologies for this obsession, but how many kilometers does it take for vent spews (rubber hair) on a new tyre (Apollo alnac 4g) to flatten out (atleast, the ones on the contact patch?). Took about 200 Kms for them to be reduced to small dots in my Figo, although I did have a few spirited runs on the highway.

Quote:

Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri (Post 4432355)
Is it accurate with readings?

Thanks a lot for addressing all the queries elaborately. Looks like a very useful product to address my paranoia regarding air pressure stupid:

I found one of their product listed here:

https://paytmmall.com/zeepin-vc601-b...241F66FCD6-pdp

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4432783)
Thanks a lot for addressing all the queries elaborately. Looks like a very useful product to address my paranoia regarding air pressure stupid:

I found one of their product listed here:

https://paytmmall.com/zeepin-vc601-b...241F66FCD6-pdp

Mod Note: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers.

Looks legit. Order it right away. :thumbs up

Quote:

Originally Posted by AYP (Post 4431895)
Guys, today while driving at slightly over 100kmph on the Mumbai-Pune expressway, I felt a sudden lack of power from my Figo diesel. It was felt only for a fraction of a second. After another 10 seconds, I felt the same lack of power and the engine stopped responding to my accelerator inputs. As the speed started to fall, I changed the gear to fourth and that is when the engine stopped. However, it came back to life as soon as the clutch was released. But again, there was no response to my accelerator inputs. Speed was dropping continuously and after the car reached the speed of 40kmph, the car stalled on its own and a spanner mark was seen on the MID. This actually indicates- Powertrain Malfunction. After that, I cranked the engine and came back to life with the spanner mark gone. I drove the car for another 20kms after that. I tried replicating the same behaviour and I may have experienced the same lack of power for a fraction of a second when I was driving at 60 in the 2nd gear and thus the revs were high. Though I am not too sure if I actually experienced it the second time or whether it was just in my mind due to my previous experience.

Has anyone experienced this before? What could be the reason/reasons behind this?

Did you take your car to the FASS to get it diagnosed? They should be performing a system scan for error codes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arijitkanrar (Post 4436005)
Did you take your car to the FASS to get it diagnosed? They should be performing a system scan for error codes.

Yes, it took it to FASS last weekend. The error code found was that of 'no fuel in the car' inspite of there being around 40% fuel left. They pointed out that it may have happened due to some electronic issue mainly due to monsoon. They checked the battery as well and it was found OK. Even the oil fuel pump was found OK. As of now, they just checked all the terminals, dried them and had them tightened.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AYP (Post 4436039)
Yes, it took it to FASS last weekend. The error code found was that of 'no fuel in the car' inspite of there being around 40% fuel left. They pointed out that it may have happened due to some electronic issue mainly due to monsoon. They checked the battery as well and it was found OK. Even the oil fuel pump was found OK. As of now, they just checked all the terminals, dried them and had them tightened.

Alright. Hope it doesn't happen again. What you described was scary when it happens on a highway.

There are two things that can be done.

1. Use 55/100w h4 bulbs and avoid 90/100

2. Opt for a couple of Hella 500ff(~5k) and forget about the OEM lights.

I have put 4 Hella 500ff and left the headlights unchanged retaining stock bulbs.

This will be much better than spending 2.2 k to change the burnt reflectors quite often.

Hi Guys,

I own a May 2017 Model, Ford Figo TDCi, Titanium model. Recently, I noticed rust on the front wheel hub. SA is stating its normal as wheel hub is made of cast iron. The car has just completed approx 18K on ODO.

Is this rusting normal Or the SA is taking me on a ride? I am afraid because my RE Thunderbird had defective disk brakes but ASS refused to accept it as a defective. After a long mail chain with RE guys, whole rear assembly was replaced under warranty.

@mods: I am not sure where to post this question. If OT please move to right discussion.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who_are_you (Post 4452571)

I own a May 2017 Model, Ford Figo TDCi, Titanium model. Recently, I noticed rust on the front wheel hub. SA is stating its normal as wheel hub is made of cast iron. The car has just completed approx 18K on ODO.

The rusting on the 'alloy' wheel is not normal and is certainly a result of some damage or defect. Get it replaced.

Rusting on the brake rotors might be normal in humid areas. Need not worry about that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Who_are_you (Post 4452571)
Is this rusting normal Or the SA is taking me on a ride?

Quote:

Originally Posted by typlo (Post 4452792)
The rusting on the 'alloy' wheel is not normal and is certainly a result of some damage or defect. Get it replaced.

I guess you got his question wrong. OP is not talking about alloy wheel, but the wheel hub on which the wheel gets mounted. The hub is prone to surface rust and it is normal on most cars. Nothing to worry about.

Didn't read the question carefully enough. My bad :P

Yes. I was surprised at the rusting on my car's wheel hubs too. SA confirmed it as normal.

Has anyone purchased a Figo diesel lately? I spoke to Bhawna Ford (Mumbai) and they say that the manufacturing of Figo has been completely stopped and no facelift till mid 2019.
They have just one Figo diesel sports at the factory inventory. If not sports then the trend variant, but it has 14 inch tyres :( can someone confirm the best price to buy the Figo trend diesel?

Quote:

Originally Posted by VWAllstar (Post 4453406)
Has anyone purchased a Figo diesel lately? I spoke to Bhawna Ford (Mumbai) and they say that the manufacturing of Figo has been completely stopped and no facelift till mid 2019.
They have just one Figo diesel sports at the factory inventory. If not sports then the trend variant, but it has 14 inch tyres :( can someone confirm the best price to buy the Figo trend diesel?

What I believe is that the tire size will not make any huge difference. If the rim size increases, the sidewall decreases and vice versa. The width however makes a difference, but then we can always increase it according to our requirements. I have been driving an Aspire TDCi Titanium for the past 8 months and it has a little above 8k kms on the odo. I have never felt that this car requires bigger or wider tyres. If driven in day to day normal conditions, these tyres serve well. Let me tell you I am not a sedate driver and I push the pedal to the bottom very frequently.

Quote:

Yes it is true. My tuition teacher wanted to go for a Ford Figo Apsire 1.5 Tdci, but both the showrooms in the city have only 2-3 cars in stock. They aren't expecting any more stock. A red and silver Titanium and a white trend is all he can choose from. He is most probably booking the silver one.

He was offered upto 80K off straight up taking the OTR from 8.7 to around 7.9 or so. I have asked him to negotiate further. I think you should do the same too. At least knock 1 lakh off the asking price and I think it should be a great deal.

Spend the money saved on upsizing the rims. :D

Quote:

Has anyone purchased a Figo diesel lately? I spoke to Bhawna Ford (Mumbai) and they say that the manufacturing of Figo has been completely stopped and no facelift till mid 2019...

That's very strange - they probably want to push the Freestyle a bit and hence no production. Are you not interested in the Freestyle - the reviews speak very high of the model.

Quote:

..They have just one Figo diesel sports at the factory inventory. If not sports then the trend variant, but it has 14 inch tyres :( can someone confirm the best price to buy the Figo trend diesel?

If you "love to drive", it has to be Sports. :) Against the trend especially since you don't get 6 airbags anyway.