Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-83.html)

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20180922wa0003.jpg

Found the perfect audio solution for the Base/Ambiente variants. A robust dock built into a head unit that controls the phone.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4456564

Better that Sync3:D

Quote:

Originally Posted by samaspire (Post 4465108)
Attachment 1801001

Found the perfect audio solution for the Base/Ambiente variants. A robust dock built into a head unit that controls the phone.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post4456564

Better that Sync3:D

looks like a nice alternative for Ambiente Variant.

But I doubt it serves any purpose different than Ford dock in variants beyond that.

From the manual:
Ford Figo : Official Review-pioneer.jpg

Indeed a good alternative for base variants. Rather than getting the higher variant Button rich music system :) this looks much better.

Quote:

Originally Posted by bharatbs
Just to update it happens in all gears above 70 km/hr, no relation to RPM, starts only when the speedo meter crossed 70km/hr.

Hello,

I am facing this same exact issue with my Aspire Titanium TDCi.

The car is around 17 months old and have done around 13000 kms. This noise starts exactly around 70 kmph mark. I haven't got the chance to test if the sound stops at some higher speed but the issue is exactly same with my car.

As far as I can recall, first time I have noticed this at around 11,500 kms.

I am not sure how can I demonstrate this at service center. There isn't any road allowing 70 kmph cruise speed near the service center.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaXal (Post 4465689)
Hello,

I am facing this same exact issue with my Aspire Titanium TDCi.

The car is around 17 months old and have done around 13000 kms. This noise starts exactly around 70 kmph mark. I haven't got the chance to test if the sound stops at some higher speed but the issue is exactly same with my car.

As far as I can recall, first time I have noticed this at around 11,500 kms.

I am not sure how can I demonstrate this at service center. There isn't any road allowing 70 kmph cruise speed near the service center.

Similar noise used to creep up a couple of years back. But it automatically vanished after few days, before I could report it to service centre. Its a bizarre sound, if I'm not wrong, it sounds like disturbance in FM signal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by fz_rider
if I'm not wrong, it sounds like disturbance in FM signal.

Yes, you are right. That may be an appropriate description.

I have checked by switching off the music system but the noise is still there. I have tried my best to search for any external source with careful visual inspection but I haven't found any lead yet.

It is over 2000 kms since the first appearance but it hasn't solved itself like yours.

Quote:

Originally Posted by arijitkanrar (Post 4458546)
We were facing problems with the Bluetooth connection to the HU.
They found the PCM update and installed it.

Off late I have been noticing following issues with Bluetooth
Were you facing a similar issue and if the update provided resolved same?
Also, appreciate if you could share service centre you visited so that I can save effort in providing them with the context details

I am planning to change the headlight in my Figo TDCi, would welcome suggestions from fellow owners if someone has changed the bulbs. I am not planning to go for LED or HID as yet, I am thinking of going ahead with Philips Xtreme Vision. Please suggest if it would be good or should I opt for Osram Night Breakers. Some of the owners have mentioned that they are using Philips XV, would love to hear their feedback. Any suggestions of where I can get this done in Pune. Carax is quoting Rs. 700 per bulb including installations.

Also, I want to get my dashcam hard wired, I had checked with the Ford service center and the guys there said that they would not be able to do it. Any suggestions where I can get it done in Pune. Thanks :)

Here is an update to that wired noise coming at 70 km/h. Since yesterday, I am not noticing that anymore.

There are two things different though.

1. Couple of days ago, my car got a pressure wash from local car wash.
2. The car washing guy removed a half torn sticker of the windscreen.

I guess either this pressure washing cleaned something or this half torn sticker was the source for that wired noise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by NaXal (Post 4472858)
I guess either this pressure washing cleaned something or this half torn sticker was the source for that wired noise.

It's incidents like this that remind me of the the KISS principle. Keep It Simple Stupid. :D

There is almost always a simple solution/explanation for any problem.

I'm really confused if the its viable to left foot brake in the Figo 1.5 Tdci MT, that is pressing both accelerator and brake pedals together and controlling the speed with the brake pedal.
I tried it a couple of times and there seems to be cut off of engine power for a moment.
Please, shed some light.
Is it possible that the car is equipped with Brake Throttle Override or something equivalent.

Our Figo's tyres are due an upgrade. Completed about 285XX KMs.
Anyone here put the new Aspire's alloys with the 195/55 R15 tyres?
Looks like it should be a direct bolt-on fit should it not? Also should improve the handling of the car right?

Quote:

Originally Posted by arijitkanrar (Post 4511780)
anyone here put the new Aspire's alloys with the 195/55 R15 tyres? Looks like it should be a direct bolt-on fit should it not? Also should improve the handling of the car right?

It is a bolt on fit and I am using this set up for the past 36,000 kms now. Of course, there was no OEM option for 15 inch alloys at the time of my purchase, so went with after market Momo alloys. It does improve the handling and mainly highway manners compared to the 175 set up the stock car comes with. Mine is a TDCi by the way.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhinav.s (Post 4511950)
It is a bolt on fit and I am using this set up for the past 36,000 kms now. Of course, there was no OEM option for 15 inch alloys at the time of my purchase, so went with after market Momo alloys. It does improve the handling and mainly highway manners compared to the 175 set up the stock car comes with. Mine is a TDCi by the way.

Could you tell us which alloys and tyres you used?
Also some pics of you alloys if possible :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by arijitkanrar (Post 4511956)
Could you tell us which alloys and tyres you used?
Also some pics of you alloys if possible :D

Momo alloys (forgot the model name) & Continental MC5 tyres is what I used. Have just one pic from a late night meet which is attached.

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20170610wa0008.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by bhphog (Post 4493031)
I'm really confused if the its viable to left foot brake in the Figo 1.5 Tdci MT, that is pressing both accelerator and brake pedals together and controlling the speed with the brake pedal.
I tried it a couple of times and there seems to be cut off of engine power for a moment.
Please, shed some light.
Is it possible that the car is equipped with Brake Throttle Override or something equivalent.

I have used brake and accelerator for standstill start on sharp inclines few times, never faced such issue.