Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th December 2018, 17:17   #1246
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Momo alloys (forgot the model name) & Continental MC5 tyres is what I used. Have just one pic from a late night meet which is attached.

Attachment 1827379
Brilliant! The alloys complement your car so well!
Thanks.
arijitkanrar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 10:21   #1247
BHPian

Guys i have recently done and tyre/suspension upgrade on my figo. I have gone for 195/55 r15 Yokohama s drives and eibach lowering springs. The body roll has drastically come down and so has the high speed stability improved. Now coming to the elephant in the room, on bad roads the stock dampers are too soft. The lesser travel because of the drop in height is a real pain. Is there any shocks that are stiffer than the stock ones which would go with these springs?
HOTROD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 20:39   #1248
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
Is there any shocks that are stiffer than the stock ones which would go with these springs?
The Figo Sports Edition dampers have a different part number compared to the normal Figo one. You many want to give that a try.

BTW mind sharing where you sourced the Eibach springs from and the cost? Thanks!
abhinav.s is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 23:06   #1249
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
The Figo Sports Edition dampers have a different part number compared to the normal Figo one. You many want to give that a try.

BTW mind sharing where you sourced the Eibach springs from and the cost? Thanks!

The issue is sourcing the figo s dampers. Its quite difficult to get and as far as i have a heard they are not that stiffer compared to the normal figo.. I also came to know through a source that the fiesta's shocks can be installed on the figo. So i am still seeing if ill be able to get it sorted.

Eibach i got it through a friend. I can ask him about the price now and will PM it to you.
HOTROD is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th December 2018, 23:22   #1250
BHPian

Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOTROD View Post
Now coming to the elephant in the room, on bad roads the stock dampers are too soft. The lesser travel because of the drop in height is a real pain. Is there any shocks that are stiffer than the stock ones which would go with these springs?

From the drop of height you mean now your figo bottoms out? With a stiffer shock, don't you think that the ride would go for a toss? You can upsize the tyres to 205 55 R15. This would increase the ground clearance by 5 mm.

How is the ride with Eibachs and stock shocks?

Last edited by Waspune : 17th December 2018 at 23:23.
Old 17th December 2018, 23:42   #1251
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspune View Post
From the drop of height you mean now your figo bottoms out? With a stiffer shock, don't you think that the ride would go for a toss? You can upsize the tyres to 205 55 R15. This would increase the ground clearance by 5 mm.

How is the ride with Eibachs and stock shocks?
It doesn't bottom out. When the road surface drops i feel the vehicle drops and lot harder and i feel that because of the reduced travel of the shocks it hits the bump stop( when the speed is low). On smooth roads its a dream to handle. Ride quality has changed a bit, it is a bit stiffer. Or Maybe it is bottoming out. When the road surface drastically changes.

Last edited by HOTROD : 17th December 2018 at 23:56.
Old 24th January 2019, 15:24   #1252
BHPian

I own a Ford Figo, Tdci. The car is 2.5 years old and I have driven it just about 85500kms.

So, this morning in the midst of rainfall and waterlogged roads, I was on my way to work when I felt that the 1st and 2nd gear felt difficult to engage.
A little later, while stuck in stop-go traffic, while shifting from 1st to 2nd, the car refused to slot in the 2nd gear and all attempts resulted in the gear stick being pushed out of the slot.
I attempted to apply third gear and the car did allow me to slot in the third gear but the lever has been stuck there since.
It seems like there is no place for it move, the clutch however fine as I was to move the car in 3rd gear from standstill 3-4 times, before moving her to Ford Service Centre

The people at Ford, suggested that my clutch will definitely need replacement.
It happened today itself and the car is with them as they are figuring out the problem.

What do you guys think resulted in this situation? I have been driving her only in and around Delhi.

Are 85k kms enough to wear out the clutch?

Any other suggestions and advice would be of great help.

Thank You

Last edited by bhphog : 24th January 2019 at 15:26. Reason: Grammar Correction
bhphog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th January 2019, 15:42   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
I own a Ford Figo, Tdci. The car is 2.5 years old and I have driven it just about 85500kms.

The people at Ford, suggested that my clutch will definitely need replacement.

What do you guys think resulted in this situation? I have been driving her only in and around Delhi.

Are 85k kms enough to wear out the clutch?
I assume you haven't replaced the clutch so far. If that is the case, then 85k seems pretty reasonable to me to replace the clutch since you have used the car mainly in the city. I had to replace the clutch in my Punto in 45k despite the usage being a mix of highway and city (I am a sedate driver and don't ride the clutch unnecessarily). So, it all boils down to the driving style and luck.
samcan123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2019, 12:47   #1254
BHPian

I have been noticing a buzz/humming noise (similar to noise seen in old radio sets) when I insert key and power up (not start engine). The noise subsides eventually and can't be recreated during the day after usage of the car. Only in the morning when I power up for the first time noise is heard, what exactly could be the reason - any pointer is appreciated.
Old 8th February 2019, 18:12   #1255
BHPian

My new Figo tdci has done about 37000 kms, 7000kms since the last service. I checked the oil level today and found that the level to be approximately 60 percent (when measured between the min and max). What sort of oil consumption are you getting? Is 40 percent consumption over 7000kms normal? Is ask this because last time when I went to get the car serviced the oil Level was around 70 percent after 10000kms
Old 9th February 2019, 00:52   #1256
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I have been noticing a buzz/humming noise (similar to noise seen in old radio sets) when I insert key and power up (not start engine). The noise subsides eventually and can't be recreated during the day after usage of the car. Only in the morning when I power up for the first time noise is heard, what exactly could be the reason - any pointer is appreciated.
Possible issue with Auto A/C temperature sensor inside dashboard.

Refer here https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post4510992 (Ford Aspire : Official Review)

There are few more users reporting same issue, kindly search the forum for more such posts.

Fairly known issue to Ford Figo/Aspire and Ford doesn't shy away from replacement under warranty.

I too have the same issue but I haven't claimed warranty due to the process some service centre follow for replacement work. Many users have shown their unhappiness with grease or finger marks left while removing the dashboard for this said replacement work. So be careful if you plan to replace the sensor.

I am living with it since it isn't causing any functional issue & the noise is really faint, plus it is only present while car is stationary without the engine running.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 10:22   #1257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Possible issue with Auto A/C temperature sensor inside the dashboard.
Thanks for your response. I doubt if it is temp sensor but possibly fuel pump working during cold start. I turned off the AC unit yet noise can be heard and noise can be heard loud during morning start and it subsides eventually after a few minutes. I am sure I can reproduce the issue in front of ASC folks since it happens during morning starts alone.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 12:38   #1258
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
Thanks for your response. I doubt if it is temp sensor but possibly fuel pump working during cold start. I turned off the AC unit yet noise can be heard and noise can be heard loud during morning start and it subsides eventually after a few minutes. I am sure I can reproduce the issue in front of ASC folks since it happens during morning starts alone.
It's normal. Just the fuel pump getting ready to pump fuel into the engine. It happens on my petrol Fiesta, diesel Figo and also on my WagonR. The humming noise is more discernible during morning starts probably because the noise in the surroundings is lower.
vnabhi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th February 2019, 21:50   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Me and fellow friend and Figo owner SriHarsha were trying to swap the suspension set up on our car to the Figo S ones. I changed the 4 springs only on my car while he went all out with getting the information and parts related to changing the struts and springs both. He has procured the parts and has graciously shared the details to help other Figo owners.Thanks a lot SriHarsha!!

Part numbers and prices:

Front suspension strut LH: G1B518K001AA - Rs 1768
Front suspension strut RH: G1B518045AA - Rs 1768
Front suspension spring: G1BZ5310A (old part number G1B55310AB) - Rs 687 each
Rear suspension spring: G1BZ5560A (old part number G1B55560AA) - Rs 613 each

All the above prices are including taxes. The rear struts on the normal and 'S' variants are the same. So you'll not need to change it. The total expense of the parts will be Rs 6136. You will be able to order and procure these parts from the Ford authorized parts outlets in your respective cities. There are noticeable changes in handling with just swapping the springs alone.

Note: There are more differences between the normal variants and the 'S' than just the suspension setup. These part numbers usually show up as that of the Freestyle in the online parts catalog that the parts outlet have.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 9th February 2019 at 22:19.
abhinav.s is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 13th February 2019, 14:02   #1260
BHPian

I have done a small mod with my Figo, I painted the alloys in matte black for Rs 2000.00 and I must add it looks smashing.

Originally thought of getting the 15 inch Momo Revenge, however wallet did not permit that upgrade for now.

Ford Figo : Official Review-img_20180526_185736_hht.jpg

Last edited by aah78 : 13th February 2019 at 18:43. Reason: Image inserted in-line.
toppor is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks