Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2019, 17:31   #1261
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post
Btw, has anyone here fitted a front armrest for their Figo ?
Is it an official accessory?
I have installed a generic armrest in my 2016 Figo, product + installation costed me Rs.1000. I have got the same product fitted in my AMT Celerio as well, which IMO has better fit and doesn't make squeaky noises.

Figo's centre console shape is tapering towards rear, which makes the installation a not so clean one.

However, as the gear changes are not so often, thanks to the diesel mill, resting the left arm on the armrest is a boon. It's a very good addition especially for those long traffic stops.

No, it's not available as an official accessory.

Last edited by aah78 : 13th February 2019 at 18:43. Reason: Quote fixed. Typos.
Old 28th February 2019, 10:12   #1262
BHPian

2019 Ford Figo facelift to launch in March

Facelift changes are expected similar to the new Aspire

Source: Autocar India

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...n-march-411665

Last edited by RedStallion : 28th February 2019 at 10:15.
RedStallion is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2019, 12:18   #1263
BHPian

Called the Pune dealerships, they have no clue about the launch date.

Last edited by nitinhegde : 28th February 2019 at 12:19.
Old 15th March 2019, 00:54   #1264
BHPian

I am not sure what I'm missing here, could someone explain why Figo is costlier than Aspire and Freestyle?
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190315004510.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190315004500.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190315004737.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-screenshot_20190315004439.jpg  

Old 15th March 2019, 07:01   #1265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
I am not sure what I'm missing here, could someone explain why Figo is costlier than Aspire and Freestyle?
That is the old Figo. Isn't the new Figo being launched today? Prices will be updated today and they will say "now at prices lower than the outgoing model".
Old 18th March 2019, 11:47   #1266
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Hello everyone,

Is extended warranty available for the Ford Figo? My standard warranty is 6 months from getting over and I have extended warranty for the 3rd year. Is extended warranty available for the 4th and the 5th year? I can't seem to find it on the Ford website and only the Freestyle, the Ecosport and the Mustang are listed in the extended warranty section.
AYP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 13:50   #1267
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AYP View Post
Is extended warranty available for the Ford Figo?
Yes it is. I bought 5 years warranty when I bought the car in 2015, so it should be available now.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 17:15   #1268
Senior - BHPian

Happened to look at the FordEtis site and when I keyed in my VIN the below message popped up.

"Outstanding Field Service Actions 16M01 - DV5 ENGINE OIL CONSUMPTION COMPONENT EXT WARRANTY"

Is it a recall? Which part is it? And why is it shown along with extended warranty? Anyone else seeing the same?
thoma is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 18:11   #1269
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post
Happened to look at the FordEtis site and when I keyed in my VIN the below message popped up.

"Outstanding Field Service Actions 16M01 - DV5 ENGINE OIL CONSUMPTION COMPONENT EXT WARRANTY"

Is it a recall? Which part is it? And why is it shown along with extended warranty? Anyone else seeing the same?

I see this too. Did you happen to write to Ford enquiring about same ?
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 20:04   #1270
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoma View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I see this too. Did you happen to write to Ford enquiring about same ?

Ford has covered all TDCI mills for excessive oil consumption for a certain batch of cars and both your cars seem to belong to that batch.

Under this scheme, Ford will overhaul your engine if it consumes excessive oil (more than 1L in 10K km IIRC). They will change the piston rings FOC. An owner on the Ford Aspire owners group on FB recently touched 1L Km and had his piston rings changed under warranty.

Member espraveen's thread also has mentions about the same when he complained of excessive oil consumption too. I would advise all 1.5 TDCI owners to keep an eye on oil levels especially those who have done 70K+ km.

Last edited by vishy76 : 23rd March 2019 at 20:07.
vishy76 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 10:26   #1271
BHPian

@All - As part of Ford undergoing replacement of MRF with other brand tires (I got Good Year endurance) and got it changed for all 4 tires. Though I told them to get Wheel alignment done, I doubt its really taken care. After the change while driving back to Bangalore, I noticed that there is steering vibration exactly at 100 km/hr and nothing before or beyond that mark (tested max till 160 km/hr). Once I reached back to Bangalore, I got the wheel alignment done in MRF showroom (Kalyan Nagar) and certainly there was some corrections made by them. Then later after one month again while travelling back to Kerala, I noticed that the vibration has now shifted to 110 km/hr. There is no shuddering in the break pedals or anything. But whenever I increase the speed and when it reaches 110 km/hr, I can feel the car vibrating as long as I stay in that speed. Once I increase it vanishes away and again when I slow down (both by braking or releasing Accelerator) from higher speeds and again it vibrates when it reaches 110 km/hr. Kind of strange why only at that speed. Since this appears only at that speed, there is no way these service advisers can check that unless they take it to NH. So before I hear any cooked up story from them I wanted to hear from you guys if anyone here has felt the same problem and what can possibly go wrong. For your information this is 2016 Titanium model Figo.
susheel_kainat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st March 2019, 14:59   #1272

Quote:
Originally Posted by susheel_kainat View Post
After the change while driving back to Bangalore, I noticed that there is steering vibration exactly at 100 km/hr and nothing before or beyond that mark (tested max till 160 km/hr). ......
...... Kind of strange why only at that speed.
Though not sure but it can be due to improper wheel balancing. First get all the four wheels balanced and then see.

Also, please check if the tyres have worn out in a particular fashion due to improper alignment and thus cause vibration at a particular speed.

Hope this helps in solving your problem.

Regards.
Old 31st March 2019, 20:22   #1273
BHPian

Quote:
I noticed that the vibration has now shifted to 110 km/hr. There is no shuddering in the break pedals or anything. But whenever I increase the speed and when it reaches 110 km/hr, I can feel the car vibrating as long as I stay in that speed. Once I increase it vanishes away and again when I slow down (both by braking or releasing Accelerator) from higher speeds and again it vibrates when it reaches 110 km/hr...
Is your's a diesel model?
This shuddering could be due to turbo spooling up. Try to notice the vibrations at the same rpm in lower gears as well.
Old 31st March 2019, 22:41   #1274
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ank.nsit View Post
Is your's a diesel model?
This shuddering could be due to turbo spooling up. Try to notice the vibrations at the same rpm in lower gears as well.
Turbo spooling will have nothing to do with any vibrations.
Also, being a diesel, this engine is one of the smoothest in NVH.

The issue is with the rims or tyres. I would suggest getting the balancing checked again at a competent place.

Last edited by tharian : 31st March 2019 at 22:43.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 09:32   #1275
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I noticed that there is steering vibration exactly at 100 km/hr and nothing before or beyond that mark
This sounds like a balancing issue. On an empty highway, try pressing the clutch or coast in neutral at that speed and notice if the vibrations are still the same. If so, it definitely is related to the wheels.

Last edited by navin : 1st April 2019 at 16:44. Reason: typo
thoma is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks