Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2015, 09:47   #121
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
The online manual (for a 2014 Figo) at the link below has only this to say on running in:

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks Vikram, found it in the 2015 Figo and Aspire manual too. I was searching for Running but it was listed as Breaking-in.

Nevertheless, it's the same information as what you have shared.

Ford Figo : Official Review-figo_asprie_manual.png

Also re-uploading the manual which was uploaded some days ago by a fellow bhp'ian.

2015 Ford Figo & Figo Aspire_User manual.pdf
teemus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 12:20   #122

Hi,

I've been really impressed with the 1.5 TDCi engine of the new Ford Figo and would have blindly bought the car if my daily usage was above 30 kms. So I test drove the petrol figo and was nowhere near as impressed as I was with the diesel engine. So here's my quandary - I just love the new Figo but I'm a bit worried about going for the petrol option. Among Figo, Jazz and Elite i20 which petrol car should I seriously consider ? thanks in advance
Old 10th December 2015, 13:06   #123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bring Sally up View Post
Hi,

I've been really impressed with the 1.5 TDCi engine of the new Ford Figo and would have blindly bought the car if my daily usage was above 30 kms. So I test drove the petrol figo and was nowhere near as impressed as I was with the diesel engine. So here's my quandary - I just love the new Figo but I'm a bit worried about going for the petrol option. Among Figo, Jazz and Elite i20 which petrol car should I seriously consider ? thanks in advance

Would suggest you to go with your heart irrespective of whether it is a diesel or a petrol, as I've done/ experienced. No regrets, even though my daily office commute is hardly 10 kms as I stay pretty closeby. That wonderful 1.5 TDCi encourages me to go for weekend long drives without the slightest of inhibitions :thumbup: !!

Rgds
dtox is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 13:26   #124
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

So here's my quandary - I just love the new Figo but I'm a bit worried about going for the petrol option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtox View Post

Would suggest you to go with your heart irrespective of whether it is a diesel or a petrol, as I've done/ experienced.
Hey Bring Sally up, I think I completely agree with dtox here

My purchase of Polo GT last year, was the first diesel car in my family. Back then, my daily commute was about 10km max and a weekend run about was <400km a month. My previous car, Getz Prime had clicked just under 35k Kms in 4yrs. All this kinda translated to going in for a Petrol engine.

But one TD in 'The Then' 1.6 GT TDi left me grinning from ear to ear and I just went in with the oil burner. The best part is that since then there was no other DIESEL Hatch in India that could give the same feeling...

..until the 2015 FIGO 1.5 TDCI happened

Just as a comparison, I have clocked ~25k Kms on my GT in just over 18 months.

Last edited by Vik0728 : 10th December 2015 at 13:32.
Vik0728 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 13:41   #125
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teemus View Post
Also re-uploading the manual which was uploaded some days ago by a fellow bhp'ian.
Thanks for the Manual. But I have a query. Pg 155 of the manual has the specifications of the TDCi. I noticed a couple of things.

1) About the number of Cams, while our review says it is an SOHC unit, the manual says the engine is a DOHC unit.
2) We all know that the engine is a Turbocharged unit. But the manual says, it is a Naturally Aspirated engine.

Am really confused now.

Ford Figo : Official Review-tdci.jpg
Old 10th December 2015, 14:20   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I completely agree with dtox and vik0728, go with the heart and get the 1.5D. Once you start using it, you will surely not regret spending that extra amount. Moreover, this excess amount is going to break-even by all means in 5 years (worst case scenario).

Let me give my example here, might be useful for making your decision:
  • My daily office commute is 40Km's; this I would do by office transport or on my bike. Even though I had a Santro, I would seldom bring it to office as it would not make any financial sense.
  • The weekend trips were also limited within the city.
  • With the Figo 1.5D I started using this for the office commute from the past 20 days (i.e. 800 Km's)
  • But, I have had 3 long weekend trips and have clocked more than 2700 Km's in 5 weeks.
  • Not to forget, I am saving on each KM driven vis a vis Petrol car. (this was the reason I overlooked a Jazz SV iVTEC which was in same budget)
  • Finally, as you have also mentioned, that 1.5D is simply intoxicating on highways and equally easy to drive in Bumper to Bumper traffic.

Put down the best and the worst scenarios of your usage patterns and try to get an approximate break-even point (say 4 years or 5 years). See if it's acceptable to you and you plan to keep the car for that long.

There are some good calculators for getting the break-even point here on TBHP, check that out too.

If budget permits and if you think you will use the car more due to the fact that it's a diesel (I would, rather I am using it more), simply go for it.

That's my 2 cents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Thanks for the Manual. But I have a query. Pg 155 of the manual has the specifications of the TDCi. I noticed a couple of things.

1) About the number of Cams, while our review says it is an SOHC unit, the manual says the engine is a DOHC unit.
2) We all know that the engine is a Turbocharged unit. But the manual says, it is a Naturally Aspirated engine.

Am really confused now.
I also noticed this now and looks like it's the dreaded and famous printing mistake from our beloved Ford.

The petrol is 16V DOHC and Naturally Aspirated whereas the Diesel is 8V SOHC and Turbocharged.

No way the diesel is naturally aspirated as you can disctinctly know when the turbo kicks in, not as violent as Swift's but definitely noticeable.

Last edited by teemus : 10th December 2015 at 14:36. Reason: typing mistake
teemus is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th December 2015, 23:51   #127
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, it's much clear not and indeed this is discussed in the Aspire thread. See the query by d3mon and Vid's response to that. Hope it clarifies your doubt too.
Thanks a ton for sharing this piece of information teemus, you have cleared a big doubt/worry from my head .

Quote:
On a different note, I hope the example you gave is purely hypothetical as 60kmph in 2nd gear at 4000 rpm is not something one should be doing during the run-in period, if I am not mistaken.
By the way I had clearly stated those metrics were for understanding/demonstration purpose. I usually maintain rpms in the range of 2000 - 2500 rpm during the run in period (2500km) for all my cars. I do some short stints of 3000 rpm just to get things settled on the mechanical front.

Many people claimed here that Figo 2015 models produced in/after October had rear adjustable headrests, unfortunately that's not the case. Mine has a build date of 8th Nov and it still has fixed rear head rests <sob sob>. Anyways none of my family members are 6 ft, I'm 5'11 and with this kind of a car I cannot dare to sit behind but enjoy driving it .

To be honest, I am really feeling at home with this car. The driving position and steering feedback is better than my Vento. Vento's arm rest was a big irritation for me & I had decided I'd never buy any vehicle with an arm rest for sure. I was a little worried initially since mine is the trend variant which does not have a height adjustable drivers seat but I'm glad its just perfect for me. Enjoying every bit of her, taking intentional long routes to office, she returned back 18kmpl with my in city commute of 52 kms yesterday, very content about it. I am sure I can extract more out of her as days go by.
Hammy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2015, 16:15   #128
M^3

I had booked a 1.5 D Titanium on 28th November. The SA had mentioned that VIN would be shared by December 2nd week and the delivery would take up to 4 weeks. Today when I called him to ask for the VIN he told me that the vehicle has not been billed yet (I don't know whether he meant 'allocation') and VIN will be available only after that, which will take another 2 weeks. Should I be concerned or is this normal?
Old 13th December 2015, 11:39   #129
BHPian

We are on a lookout for a small hatch for my wife's daily office commute to replace our 5 year old Alto K10. Top on our list was the new ford Figo.
I had test driven the diesel avatar and was really happy with its performance but since we are adamant on ABS and Airbags the Titanium and Titanium plus were going way out of our budget
Decided to test drive the Petrol yesterday
It has everything to go for it. Good looks, good interiors, decently loaded but when you start driving it oh boy what a disappointment. The engine is so lackluster
We test drove the Brio after this and it was in different league altogether
The engine just makes u forget about the extra bucks u pay and for not so great interiors and space.
Old 13th December 2015, 12:52   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M^3 View Post
I had booked a 1.5 D Titanium on 28th November. The SA had mentioned that VIN would be shared by December 2nd week and the delivery would take up to 4 weeks. Today when I called him to ask for the VIN he told me that the vehicle has not been billed yet (I don't know whether he meant 'allocation') and VIN will be available only after that, which will take another 2 weeks. Should I be concerned or is this normal?
The process as I understood it:
Once you book the car, the requirement is sent to the factory (if not in stock with the dealer).
At the factory, you are in queue until they manufacture it. Once production is done the vehicle is allocated to you and the VIN is intimated to the dealer. The dealer has to acknowledge it and confirm, after which the billing is done and the vehicle is ready for delivery (I think your name goes on the bill here). The vehicle waits until there are enough cars to fill the truck. Once it's full the container truck leaves via road for your city. This might take anything from 5-20 days depending on the distance to your dealer from Sanand, Gujarat.

My car took 5 days (Mon-Fri 11am) to reach Mangalore and I got a call as soon as it reached the dealer. I did the PDI the same evening - payment the next day - delivery on Sunday 1st Nov. The only reason the climax was so fast after a delay of 2 months was because the dealer wanted to close the deal at month end.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 18:55   #131

Just took a TD of figo 1.5 diesel engine. Pickup is too good, i specifically asked them i would test it on a open stretch, after going through karan's video review. Mighty impressed by the pick up and speed on empty roads and the ease of driving through traffic.
All is good except for one doubt. Does any one had this feeling of inadequate back support in driver seat ? Some how i felt some discomfort may be its because of my ride on bike to showroom. Will take one more TD along with my dad to confirm.

No discounts but insurance(Zero dep costs extra 4k) will be free along with 3rd year warranty. They reminded of price hikes from Jan. So comes out to be 7.8 OTR for titanium version(Fortune Ford, Tolichowki), few accessories if possible. Is it a good deal? Please help.

Thanks
Old 14th December 2015, 19:09   #132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
We are on a lookout for a small hatch for my wife's daily office commute to replace our 5 year old Alto K10. Top on our list was the new ford Figo.
I had test driven the diesel avatar and was really happy with its performance but since we are adamant on ABS and Airbags the Titanium and Titanium plus were going way out of our budget
Decided to test drive the Petrol yesterday
It has everything to go for it. Good looks, good interiors, decently loaded but when you start driving it oh boy what a disappointment. The engine is so lackluster
We test drove the Brio after this and it was in different league altogether
The engine just makes u forget about the extra bucks u pay and for not so great interiors and space.
Did you drive the 1.2 Manual or the 1.5 AT?

Yeah Brio is fun to drive but the car feels pretty cheap for its interiors.
Old 15th December 2015, 10:02   #133
BHPian

Hi all, Yesterday I went to the showroom to discuss booking of the new figo dct. When I spoke to him earlier, he said that the car is in the yard and that we will have to go there to see the car. Later when I arrived at the showroom, I was quite surprised when he said that he has called the car there so that I can see it - so I asked him to show it to me right away. The car was standing behind the showroom parked in front of some cars, and was completely dirty with bird droppings, etc. He said that the car had just come from the yard, and I did not quite believe that.

I had read here that all cars since Oct - 15 have rear head restraints. However this one still had integrated. Another thing, when I put the ignition in the car, near the P indicator on the mid (just above the P in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/2015...rd-figo-07.jpg )it showed a spanner and it was written as TRNSPRT. Try as I might, I could not start the car. The spanner symbol was continuously being shown on the c What does this indicate. Is there a problem with the car. It had run 66 Kms as well.

Secondly, he says that the manufacturing date of the car is OCT - 28, however it does not have any adjustable head restraints in the rear. start the car - please advice.

I test drove a DCT aspire as there was no figo available, what I noticed is that the seating in is really low - this might not be the best car for elders - ingress and egress could be an issue. However once seated, the driving experience was sublime and I could not sense any jerk when starting the car from a stand still nor could I feel any shifts. While the CVT in the micra is a different beast altogether, this one was also not so bad.

Another advantage I see in this car is that it has a long service interval. While most of the competition stress for a service every six months - or 10K kms, this one requires a service every 10K kms or a year - which suits me perfectly.

Since the car that he showed me, is the car that he is going to deliver to me, should I be concerned about my experience - with the car not starting or is it some kind of lock to ensure that cars transported from the yard are not driven further?
Old 15th December 2015, 10:52   #134
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post
he says that the manufacturing date of the car is OCT - 28,
If month of manufacturing is a concern then you should get VIN and try decoding it. There is a thread dedicated to that and plenty of online tools as well.
Old 15th December 2015, 11:00   #135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
If month of manufacturing is a concern then you should get VIN and try decoding it. There is a thread dedicated to that and plenty of online tools as well.
Thank You. I will do that. My question regarding this was on the head rests. However I now read a post that a car manufactured in Nov also had fixed head rests, and I guess that the information on adjustable head rests is either incorrect or maybe applicable to only specific models. I will wait for a reply from this group here as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by an_and View Post

I had read here that all cars since Oct - 15 have rear head restraints. However this one still had integrated. Another thing, when I put the ignition in the car, near the P indicator on the mid (just above the P in this link http://www.team-bhp.com/carpics/2015...rd-figo-07.jpg )it showed a spanner and it was written as TRNSPRT. Try as I might, I could not start the car. The spanner symbol was continuously being shown on the c What does this indicate. Is there a problem with the car. It had run 66 Kms as well.
However, I am really bothered about this issue. Would appreciate if someone can throw some light on this - as I surely do not want to end up purchasing a lemon.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks