Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2019, 22:41   #1336
BHPian

Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Thank you buddy. My clutch feels hard at 8300 Kms. Had done clutch bleeding and it was good for few thousand kms but again it has got my left knee paining. I read in the forum that Ford Diesel cars have a clutch with more spring back action which makes one's knee pain more than using any other brand. Will changing the entire clutch kit make a difference? What will be the approx cost? Driving in Mumbai traffic really hurts the knee a lot. Takes out some of the fun and happiness of driving it around at the end of it.
TDCi clutch is hard, no denying it.

Unless you are really a new & poor driver / abuser, it's probably absolutely fine.

Mine too hurts if I am putting long hours in city traffic here in Kolkata.

But just for your peace of mind, complain about this in your service, usually Service centre may offer you test ride on a similar generation car to make you understand clutch hardness.

Adjust your driving seat in a way to make your legs stretch enough comfortably so that it hurts less. Practice putting the car on neutral & use handbrake when ever possible to reduce pressure on your left leg.

I knew before buying about the clutch hardness & I did experience this back to back while test driving Maruti MJD & TDCi clutch. I was fully aware of this one issue before purchasing. So I adjusted myself to live with it.

Thanks.
NaXal is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 10:08   #1337
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Thank you buddy. My clutch feels hard at 8300 Kms. Had done clutch bleeding and it was good for few thousand kms but again it has got my left knee paining. I read in the forum that Ford Diesel cars have a clutch with more spring back action which makes one's knee pain more than using any other brand. Will changing the entire clutch kit make a difference? What will be the approx cost? Driving in Mumbai traffic really hurts the knee a lot. Takes out some of the fun and happiness of driving it around at the end of it.
No question that the TDCI has a hard clutch, which makes its presence felt within a few thousand kilometres of driving a new car. This is one of the main reasons (along with a few others) why I backed out from a diesel Ecosport earlier this year and went for a different petrol car. A hard clutch in Bangalore's terrible traffic is very tough and irritating to manage, especially if city usage is predominant.

In your case, changing the clutch so early in its life is not a great idea, and even if you were to do so, this issue will recur very soon after a clutch overhaul.
arindambasu13 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2019, 20:49   #1338
BHPian

Quote:
Hey, I have few doubts on Figo. Currently own a Figo S TDCI (2018)

Q1. What is the approx life of Clutchand Brake Pads? How much do each of the two cost?
To consider - I have an almost 3 years young Figo 1.5 Tdci Titanium, thats done 104xxx Kms. Just completed a 500Km round trip from Agra.

The clutch and brake are both wear and tear parts. Thier life depends only on a single attribute i.e the way they are used.
[Example - I had completely finished the brake pads of my 2011 Honda City in just under 5K Kms because I was driving in a very rash and stupid manner during that time.]
I have been taking part in a lot of motorsport events, read rally (both tarmac and dirt) [The car is epic to have won 3 till date] and driving her in and around NCR. Considering this, my brake pads tend to last anywhere from 20k-30k Kms, Discs have been changed twice till date, so about 50K kms.
I haven't replaced the clutch yet, or done an overhaul in all of 1Lakh+ kms and The clutch works perfectly, as good as day 1. I am generally very carefully about clutch usage and always revv-match then downshifting (heel and toe-ing it), never letting the clutch slip, etc. (Exception - Clutch dumping at the start of a rally stage)

For cost - check https://www.fordservicepricepromise.com/

Hope it helps.

Last edited by bhphog : 17th September 2019 at 21:01.
bhphog is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2019, 12:46   #1339
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhphog View Post
To consider - I have an almost 3 years young Figo 1.5 Tdci Titanium, thats done 104xxx Kms. Just completed a 500Km round trip from Agra.
For cost - check https://www.fordservicepricepromise.com/
Hope it helps.
Thank you so much. I shall be taking the car for the 10K kms service and even though there is nothing one can do, will ask them to check it thoroughly.

Additionally, need to smartly use the Figo to avoid bumper to bumper traffic. Have shifted to Ameo DSG for daily use now.

Thank you all of you. Will post my service details here.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 18th September 2019 at 12:46. Reason: spell check
Old 18th September 2019, 19:01   #1340
BHPian

Quote:
Q2. Can the new touch screen be fitted into the previous gen Figo? If yes then will the service center be able to do it? And cost of the entire setup?

Please help me get answers for them. Will be taking the Figo for the 10k service soon.
No. I have checked this with almost every dealer in NCR. It cannot be fitted.
Your best option for touchscreen is to get double din frame and a branded or Chinese android player. Branded ones(6-7inch screen size) in that frame look hideous but sound best. Chinese ones(eg. hypersonic) with larger 8-10 inch screen covering that frame(partially ac vents as well) look good but reliability is questionable.
saurabh041086 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 10:46   #1341
BHPian

Quote:
Additionally, need to smartly use the Figo to avoid bumper to bumper traffic. Have shifted to Ameo DSG for daily use now.
Slightly OT but a humble suggestion.

Don't be apprehensive about driving the Figo. Chances are you are bound to make mistakes if you are scared and pay a lot of attention to your usage of clutch, and that inevitably is going to hamper the life of the clutch.

Feel what the car demands and try to deliver, because once that happens, every ride in the Figo is going to be worth it (even more than a DSG).
The Figo is like a go-kart in traffic, there is power available throughout the revv range (except below 1300rpm), which reduces the number of gear changes.

So, as a Ford Fanatic, ditch the Ameo and Go be one with the awesome machine. You'll be suprised how cars which are worth thrice the money struggle to keep with this kid.

I, once had a modified BMW 330i M-Sport driver stop me in the highway asking if I had remapped my car (which I haven't, except an K&N Air Filter). The look on his face when I denied was like the advertisment of Master Card
- Priceless.

Also, for other members as well, I had multiple oppurtunities (needless to say in a closed environment) to max out the Figo and go for top-speed runs and I noticed that in 5th gear, the RPM wouldn't go above 3500rpm (19x km/hr).
I wonder if there is any way to get that limiter removed, or is a remap the only option?
Cause if there is, I'm dead sure the car can hit 2xx km/hr for sure leaving behind the likes of Octavias and Civics.

Last edited by bhphog : 19th September 2019 at 10:48.
bhphog is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th September 2019, 11:27   #1342
BHPian

Quote:
Slightly OT but a humble suggestion.

Don't be apprehensive about driving the Figo. Chances are you are bound to make mistakes if you are scared and pay a lot of attention to your usage of clutch, and that inevitably is going to hamper the life of the clutch.

Feel what the car demands and try to deliver, because once that happens, every ride in the Figo is going to be worth it (even more than a DSG).
The Figo is like a go-kart in traffic, there is power available throughout the revv range (except below 1300rpm), which reduces the number of gear changes.

So, as a Ford Fanatic, ditch the Ameo and Go be one with the awesome machine. You'll be suprised how cars which are worth thrice the money struggle to keep with this kid.
This is such a confidence inspiring post for Figo owners. Thank you. Even I had a similar experience albeit with Toyota Fortuner.

As always, they blink their massive LED headlights from the rear to make way for the white elephant. I instead downshifted and moved very quickly ahead and it could not keep up. This happened twice and then at a food court /pit stop of the expressway, he came to me and asked if I have done any modifications to the car and engine. On denying, he too had the same expression which was - priceless

Last edited by VWAllstar : 19th September 2019 at 11:29.
VWAllstar is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 18:42   #1343
BHPian

Today after driving the Figo for some good distance, I have started experiencing a new issue.

The gear shifts are not slotting well. It has become very abnormally notchy. Especially getting stuck at the 2nd gear. I am consciously depressing the clutch completely to know if it is one of the reason but then too the gear shifts are quite notchy. Had a scare when on highway I had to get my eyes off from the roads to the gear shift because it got stuck at 2nd.
Old 21st September 2019, 19:06   #1344
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Also, for other members as well, I had multiple oppurtunities (needless to say in a closed environment) to max out the Figo and go for top-speed runs and I noticed that in 5th gear, the RPM wouldn't go above 3500rpm (19x km/hr).
I wonder if there is any way to get that limiter removed, or is a remap the only option?
Cause if there is, I'm dead sure the car can hit 2xx km/hr for sure leaving behind the likes of Octavias and Civics.
The Tdci won't hit 200 in stock. Probably on an aggressive map and with enough road, it will nudge that double ton mark on the GPS. There is no limiter of any sort. The ECU is programmed to lower the fueling at the top end to protect the engine,which is why you need some long stretches to cross 4k rpm. It is unlikely you are at 3.5k rpm at the speed you mentioned. It should be 4k or slightly above.

Quote:
Today after driving the Figo for some good distance, I have started experiencing a new issue.

The gear shifts are not slotting well. It has become very abnormally notchy. Especially getting stuck at the 2nd gear. I am consciously depressing the clutch completely to know if it is one of the reason but then too the gear shifts are quite notchy. Had a scare when on highway I had to get my eyes off from the roads to the gear shift because it got stuck at 2nd.
You need to grease the gear linkage joints which inside a box just behind the front left fog lamp.
It is a DiY if you can get down on the ground.
tharian is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 20:02   #1345
BHPian

I am considering to purchase a Figo Titanium 1.2 Petrol but I have a query which the SAs could not answer satisfactorily today.

We tried the built in GPS navigation on it today, even though the directions were all correct but there was no sound in the navigation system for turn by turn directions.

My question is, was the voice navigation turned off? Or is the feature absent?

Because if it is absent, then we might as well never use it since it would require the driver to take their eyes off the road to check the directions.

Last edited by antz.bin : 21st September 2019 at 20:09.
Old 21st September 2019, 20:06   #1346
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
The Tdci won't hit 200 in stock. Probably on an aggressive map and with enough road, it will nudge that double ton mark on the GPS. There is no limiter of any sort. The ECU is programmed to lower the fueling at the top end to protect the engine,which is why you need some long stretches to cross 4k rpm. It is unlikely you are at 3.5k rpm at the speed you mentioned. It should be 4k or slightly above.
Thanks for the feedback.
It was about 3km/hr more than the figure I mentioned, but that was from the speedometer, not on GPS.
Anyhow, I tried it again (and a couple of different runs in it) and you are right. The limiter or ECU program kicks in at about 4200rpm, the speed being the same as mentioned above.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
You need to grease the gear linkage joints which inside a box just behind the front left fog lamp.
It is a DiY if you can get down on the ground.
Could you please guide me on how to go about this DIY, or a link of an article (which is similar to your way) along with products that would be required.

Thank You.

Quote:

The gear shifts are not slotting well
I had the issue initially in my Fabia because the foot-mats were a tad bit too thick, (I know its a stupid suggestion), but do check it out.

Last edited by bhphog : 21st September 2019 at 20:09.
bhphog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 20:37   #1347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the feedback.
It was about 3km/hr more than the figure I mentioned, but that was from the speedometer, not on GPS.
Anyhow, I tried it again (and a couple of different runs in it) and you are right. The limiter or ECU program kicks in at about 4200rpm, the speed being the same as mentioned above.

Could you please guide me on how to go about this DIY, or a link of an article (which is similar to your way) along with products that would be required.

Thank You.

True speed would be around 5kmph less than speedo indicated.
I had tried few times too, if all conditions are met, I could hit what you mentioned initially, on the GPS, just for few seconds since I didn't want to damage anything.

You can refer the first few posts in the page below for the gear linkage greasing;
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...review-67.html (Ford Aspire : Official Review)

For the product I used, it is on post 159 of my ownership thread.
tharian is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2019, 21:43   #1348
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Car won't hit redline in the 5th because its an overdrive gear, first four being regular gears.

Remap usually increases the power across the RPM band, hence only an aggressive remap with tons of power gain at peak RPM would make it possible to hit true 200 magic figure.
Old 23rd September 2019, 11:57   #1349
BHPian

Got my Figo 1.5D serviced over the weekend for the 30k KM's service. Other than the planned replacements like oil filter, fuel filter etc, my front brake pads, air filter, ac filter, engine mount replaced and wheel alignment/balancing was done.
Engine mount was replaced since there was excessive vibrations observed on steering and in general.
I had got an stp engine flush which the sa , when requested used without hesitation.
Had also asked him to check the oil consumption, which was around 3.5litres and he said it's very much normal and within the limits.
Air filter and ac filter was also replaced since they were found to be really dusty and clogged. Ford recommends inspection only of the air filter, ac filter at 30k kms. I got them replaced both replaced.
Total service bill was Rs13.6k. Wheel alignment and engine mount charges were waived off since I had agreed to pick up the 4th year extended warranty.

The bill for service was Rs9.1k after the goodwill waiver.
4th year extended warranty was Rs10.5k. I feel it's expensive, but worth.
So, total bill came to Rs19.7k ( including the extended warranty)

After engine mount replacement, gaadi is very very smooth. Hadn't realised the extend of the vibrations. Happy now.
Service done at Dhone Ford Manjari, Pune.
jayakumarkp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2019, 12:08   #1350
BHPian

Can you please share the parts pricing break up?

Mainly how much was those engine mounting & brake pads?

By the way, 30k KM's feels little too early for both unless you are a really agressive driver & car saw a lot of broken roads I guess.
NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks