Team-BHP > BHP India > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 1st October 2019, 16:04   #1366
BHPian
 
MDED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: KA/TN/BR
Posts: 263
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
That is really quick. Few people take delivery of new cars with more KMs on the odo
Already own a Honda Jazz and very much satisfied with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Probably this thread of his Won a ford figo (The Car Conundrum : Won a Ford Figo in a competition, keep it or sell it?) might be the reason. There would be no loss for him at all.



Best would be to add it in the classifieds section along with the details of your thread.
Yes, it is the same car won by me in TOI competition. I shall put up in classifieds section
MDED is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2019, 16:05   #1367
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueyTechie View Post
Probably this thread of his Won a ford figo (The Car Conundrum : Won a Ford Figo in a competition, keep it or sell it?) might be the reason. There would be no loss for him at all.
What a good luck. So it is a reality that people do win Cars in such promotions. So far I thought it was a gimmick

It is wise to sell it to a BHPian who is looking out for a new Ford Car. In the pre-owned market, you shall get a lot less. Check for clauses if given by the newspaper i.e sometimes they say the winning product cannot be sold before a certain time frame.

Congratulating you on this thread itself. Hope you find a good deal for it. Best of luck (May be you dont need one, you have lots of good luck already)
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2019, 23:23   #1368
Senior - BHPian
 
tharian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: SBC
Posts: 2,902
Thanked: 4,189 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
Hello Guys,

I am planning to install engine guard for my May 2017 Ford figo. Ford have engine under-shield as official accessory for new Aspire Link

When I checked with local SA in Pune, he stated that it can't be installed as there are no mounts present.

Should I try to get in installed from outside with custom mounts or try get engine guard fabricated ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
It can be fitted. Check with another service center.



No do not tinker with it if the car is under warranty. Better to get it done by the Ford Service center. Such accessories are not readily available and SA are just too lazy to take an additional job.
Nope, the SA is right, it will not fit the old Aspire.
There are no mounts to fit them on. I had checked against the part number with my cars VIN on their database once.
tharian is online now   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 2nd October 2019, 13:29   #1369
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

1st service update Figo Sports TDCI

My Figo had met with a minor accident in which the front bumper was damaged. The fender had come out and door was misaligned.

Service Cost : Rs. 2300/-

Excluding Wheel alignment and balancing.
Includes engine bay cleaning and waxing.

Insurance Cost : Rs.1100/-

Front bumper replaced, painted and fixed.
Fender removed, repaired and repainted.

Below are few pics of my "White"
Attached Thumbnails
Ford Figo : Official Review-img20191002wa0004.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20191002wa0003.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20191002wa0002.jpg  

Ford Figo : Official Review-img20191002wa0001.jpg  

VWAllstar is offline   (12) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2019, 16:15   #1370
BHPian
 
MDED's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: KA/TN/BR
Posts: 263
Thanked: 456 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VWAllstar View Post
Check for clauses if given by the newspaper i.e sometimes they say the winning product cannot be sold before a certain time frame.

Congratulating you on this thread itself. Hope you find a good deal for it. Best of luck (May be you dont need one, you have lots of good luck already)
Thanks VWAllstar. Even I thought that people don't win cars and if someone won also, then definitely they would have known that "someone". However, after my win, I have realised that its pure luck that plays in these sort of competitions. I have posted the ad in the classifieds section of the forum.

Cheers.
MDED
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2019, 16:28   #1371
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Hi all. A bit curious here.
There is quite a bit of information and posts on the Figo diesel. However, there is precious little on the petrol in comparison. I have been scouring the forum for user reviews on both Figo and the Freestyle petrol!
Would love to understand the user reviews of the Figo (P) since I had happened to read a few posts that it isn't as exciting as the diesel.

Last edited by sooshan : 5th October 2019 at 16:32.
sooshan is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 15:02   #1372
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: India
Posts: 80
Thanked: 108 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Hi all. A bit curious here.
There is quite a bit of information and posts on the Figo diesel. However, there is precious little on the petrol in comparison. I have been scouring the forum for user reviews on both Figo and the Freestyle petrol!
Would love to understand the user reviews of the Figo (P) since I had happened to read a few posts that it isn't as exciting as the diesel.
Define exciting.
I mean, every individual has a different meaning of exciting. Exciting to one can range from outright performance to a really no-nonsense car.
Before comparing the two i.e Figo Diesel and Petrol, you need to ask yourself what exactly gets priority in your purchase decision. Is it maximum comfort, performance, reliability, VFM, etc.

I own a diesel ‘16 Figo but have a Petrol aspire in the family.

Obviously, the performance of the diesel dominates the whole Figo/Freestyle/Aspire line-up but having said that, the Petrol is a gem of an engine.
You can rev it hard and red-line it and the power band is good enough for 90% of the Indian junta. There is no surge of power and some overtakes may require a downshift or two.
As mentioned aptly in the t-bhp official review, the engine is a few notches refined than the diesel with less clatter seeping into the cabin.
If your use is Highways>City, I’d suggest to not go for the petrol as cruising speeds even in the highest gear is at a considerably high rpm. Eg. 100 km at 5th gear in the Tdci is just a notch above 2000 rpm which is half Of the total rev-range, which I feel is just prefect (one gets a superb fuel efficiency and since the car is already in the turbo range, power is available instantly)
I believe that the suspension setup is the same irrespective of the engine. The suspension is soft, absorbs potholes and bad roads nicely even at a comparatively high speed but with that comes a ton of body roll. But suspension is a part that can be upgraded anytime you like, to whatever type of setup you want.

The diesel Figo is overall a better package and I see no reason why one should buy a Figo Petrol considering the fact that competitors offer a better petrol package.
But the fastest diesel hatch(Track, auto cross, straight-line) under 35 lakhs in definitely the Figo Tdci.

Hope it helps.

Last edited by bhphog : 7th October 2019 at 15:08.
bhphog is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 16:19   #1373
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Thanks for the reply. But I am a little confused if you are favouring the diesel or petrol!
Anyway, I agree with your point on the definition of "exciting" being subjective. Furthermore, since my usage is going to be primarily city, with sparse highway run, I see positives in petrol rather than the diesel. This also includes the financial considerations.
However, thanks for your reply. Much appreciated!
sooshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2019, 21:18   #1374
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Thanks for the reply. But I am a little confused if you are favouring the diesel or petrol!
Anyway, I agree with your point on the definition of "exciting" being subjective. Furthermore, since my usage is going to be primarily city, with sparse highway run, I see positives in petrol rather than the diesel. This also includes the financial considerations.
However, thanks for your reply. Much appreciated!
In Ford, the difference between a petrol and a diesel car is not very high like other brands. If not wrong then the difference is of a mere 90k.

These days diesel cars too don't need much running. However the turbo kick in them and especially in TDCI and TDI is too difficult to miss.

If you are looking for Ford then go only with their diesel engines and if petrol then Japanese.

Above all, whatever be the case chose which shall keep you happy. Personally I have become a fan boy of their diesel engines, it is powerful yet frugal. Easy on pocket to maintain as well. Floor it as much as you like and yet it shall give you an avg FE of around 15 kmpl so that's wide smile without emptying your wallet.

Last edited by VWAllstar : 7th October 2019 at 21:21.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 00:15   #1375
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Pune
Posts: 464
Thanked: 683 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Thanks for the reply. But I am a little confused if you are favouring the diesel or petrol!
Anyway, I agree with your point on the definition of "exciting" being subjective. Furthermore, since my usage is going to be primarily city, with sparse highway run, I see positives in petrol rather than the diesel. This also includes the financial considerations.
However, thanks for your reply. Much appreciated!
I was recently faced with a similar dilemma. My TDCI will be delivered tomorrow morning so you now know how that ended. I was even considering buying used and even found a 2016 Petrol Figo T+ with just 12k on the odo but I just couldn't pass up the TDCI torque.

Having TDed both, I felt the Petrol Figo was punchy enough but the Diesel one was just better. The difference can be easily felt in day to day use. And besides, there are better fish in the sea as far as Petrol is concerned. Grand i10 Nios is a great option if you like that. But the Diesel Figo has no equal in the market, it is well and truly best in class.

Financially speaking, if you consider TCO, there is just a hair of a difference between per km costs of both if you calculate till 40k km/5yr. Any further and the diesel starts showing its cost advantage over the Petrol.

As far as the maintenance is concerned, as per the service costs printed on the brochure, the difference in costs between the petrol and the diesel is just 74xx over the course of 1 lac km. Such a minute difference (~7.4 paise per km) is more or less negligible.

But then my usage is different from yours, I am primarily looking for a Highway Cruiser and the harder diesel clutch may not be ideal for B2B city traffic. TD both and then take a call. The financials are similar for both so there hardly anything to choose between them.

Happy Shopping!
antz.bin is offline   (4) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 03:10   #1376
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Chennai
Posts: 40
Thanked: 7 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
I was recently faced with a similar dilemma. My TDCI will be delivered tomorrow morning so you now know how that ended. I was even considering buying used and even found a 2016 Petrol Figo T+ with just 12k on the odo but I just couldn't pass up the TDCI torque.

Having TDed both, I felt the Petrol Figo was punchy enough but the Diesel one was just better. The difference can be easily felt in day to day use. And besides, there are better fish in the sea as far as Petrol is concerned. Grand i10 Nios is a great option if you like that. But the Diesel Figo has no equal in the market, it is well and truly best in class.

Financially speaking, if you consider TCO, there is just a hair of a difference between per km costs of both if you calculate till 40k km/5yr. Any further and the diesel starts showing its cost advantage over the Petrol.

As far as the maintenance is concerned, as per the service costs printed on the brochure, the difference in costs between the petrol and the diesel is just 74xx over the course of 1 lac km. Such a minute difference (~7.4 paise per km) is more or less negligible.

But then my usage is different from yours, I am primarily looking for a Highway Cruiser and the harder diesel clutch may not be ideal for B2B city traffic. TD both and then take a call. The financials are similar for both so there hardly anything to choose between them.

Happy Shopping!
Thanks for your reply.
Like you and VWallstar have pointed out, there might be not be a drastic difference in price/running costs between a petrol and a diesel Fogo. However, with a usage of probably a 100km every 2 weeks, I dont know if a diesel is justified. Furthermore, the 100km is going to be primarily city driving.
To be honest, this actually tosses me back into the whirlpool since most of the petrols i did drive were too expensive (case in point, the i20), for similar features or seemed rather plain. Maybe, just for academic interest, I shall try compare the nios. Let's see what comes out of that. However, thanks again for your reply. Cheers.
sooshan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 08:36   #1377
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
However, with a usage of probably a 100km every 2 weeks, I dont know if a diesel is justified. Furthermore, the 100km is going to be primarily city driving.
To be honest, this actually tosses me back into the whirlpool since most of the petrols i did drive were too expensive (case in point, the i20), for similar features or seemed rather plain. Maybe, just for academic interest, I shall try compare the nios. Let's see what comes out of that. However, thanks again for your reply. Cheers.
You must go for a petrol only with your monthly running of 200 odd kms. Ford clutches are hard and not so good on your knee for city driving.

Hyundai petrol engines are lackluster and drink a lot of fuel. Although the interiors and built quality is comparable to the Germans but the heart itself is too weak.

Look for Japanese brands like Suzuki, Honda and Toyota. One cannot go wrong with their petrol engines. Best of luck in your search.

Do not over research that you get lost in itself
VWAllstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 08:41   #1378
Senior - BHPian
 
samaspire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Manipal / Udupi
Posts: 1,454
Thanked: 3,825 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sooshan View Post
Hi all. A bit curious here.
There is quite a bit of information and posts on the Figo diesel. However, there is precious little on the petrol in comparison. I have been scouring the forum for user reviews on both Figo and the Freestyle petrol!
Would love to understand the user reviews of the Figo (P) since I had happened to read a few posts that it isn't as exciting as the diesel.
I own the 1.2 lt 4-cylinder Aspire so I cannot comment on the engine aspect. But when I bought my car, it was the most refined petrol engine among it's peers, the cabin was super silent and I liked the interior package for it's practicality and storage spaces. The Trump card is the safety - I know from practical experience. Also, since I bought the base variant it was the cheapest. I got a compact sedan for the price of a hatchback.

Thought it's exciting to drive on the highway, I would not recommend my engine for bumper to bumper city traffic due to the poor low end and hard clutch. But I believe these have been fixed in the facelift. A friend who owns the Blu variant absolutely loves his car and his primary usage is in Bangalore city.

So when you evaluate between other petrol cars, please consider the safety aspect first. Though these new Fords do not have the renowned sheet metal thickness of previous models, the underlying structure is still the same. SAFE. Plus you have the option to buy 6-airbags. At about 8 lakhs, it's a no brainier.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2019, 09:01   #1379
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 328
Thanked: 307 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by samaspire View Post
I own the 1.2 lt 4-cylinder Aspire so I cannot comment on the engine aspect. But when I bought my car, it was the most refined petrol engine among it's peers, the cabin was super silent and I liked the interior package for it's practicality and storage spaces.
Honda petrols are the most silent among all. Then may be the Suzuki petrol engines.

I don't know about the previous Ford petrol engine but the dragon engines are good but at a nascent stage. They will only improve over the years but as of today they shall be least preferred over ivtec and MS's K series engines.

No iota of doubt about the safety aspect. But big doubts over the quality of materials used by Ford in their cars. I am particularly not at all happy with them. They do their job well but not very confident inspiring.

As a package probably yes Ford, but only for diesel engines. For petrol there is still time to make us think of them over Honda & Maruti.

Tiago JTP is also a good option to look for at the decided budget. Fun to drive as well as uniqueness.
VWAllstar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2019, 10:22   #1380
BHPian
 
zavegur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 79
Thanked: 103 Times
Default Re: Ford Figo : Official Review

Hi All

I have found a weird issue with my car. Rear left passenger footwell is soaked with water. It happened a few weeks ago, I thought the kids dropped a can of water so I got it vacuumed up. Issue wasnt there for some time.

Yesterday the issue started coming up, and there is a lot of water now I am thinking there is a clog in one of the drain plugs. What do you think? Is it something more serious? Any rust issues I have to be worried about? Should I drive it upto Ford?

Need to sort it out quickly as I have a travel planned for this Diwali weekend.

Thanks in advance.
zavegur is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Ford EcoSport : Official Review Vid6639 Official New Car Reviews 11959 13th November 2019 07:22


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2019, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks