Team-BHP - Ford Figo : Official Review
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Official New Car Reviews (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/)
-   -   Ford Figo : Official Review (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/official-new-car-reviews/170048-ford-figo-official-review-94.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavegur (Post 4693605)
Ford uses Castrol Magnatec Professional A5 5W-30 oil. Seems to be custom made with Ford and fully synthetic oil.

Thanks
Z

If i recall correctly Ford charges approx 1200 for oil. Does it mean they are using fully synthetic oil at that price point. I doubt that.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabh041086 (Post 4693971)
If i recall correctly Ford charges approx 1200 for oil. Does it mean they are using fully synthetic oil at that price point. I doubt that.

Although I am sure of the oil they use, I relied on the web to know if it's synthetic.

It's semi synthetic. AFAIK it is shell. They cannot be using synthetic oil at that price. I recently started using synthetic and there is visible difference in engine noise and performance. Ford's oil keeps the engine coarse.

It depends on the engine. The diesels use semi-synth and the EcoBoost is fully synth, as far as I know.
The Dragon series, I'm not aware.

Quote:

Originally Posted by AKTRACK (Post 4694417)
It's semi synthetic. AFAIK it is shell. They cannot be using synthetic oil at that price. I recently started using synthetic and there is visible difference in engine noise and performance. Ford's oil keeps the engine coarse.

Cool! Which oil and what grade di you use, I was thinking of going for a different oil next time.

Attached is an image I took from the service centre- the engine lubricant in question.

Thanks
Z

Quote:

Originally Posted by zavegur (Post 4694900)
Which oil and what grade di you use,

Attached is an image I took from the service centre- the engine lubricant in question.

Thanks
Z

I used shell fully synthetic 5w 30. Bought it from Amazon in a recent sale.

Thanks for the proof. Ford using Castrol fully synthetic is news to me. It may be for Ecoboost. I literally fought with Ford to allow me using fully synthetic oil and they declined. That is the reason I got my car serviced from outside, so that i could use fully synthetic oil.

I plan to experiment on a couple of brands to see which is the best. Currently what i use is the cheapest. Then there are Mobil and Castrol, expensive in that order.

My cars engine note keeps changing! But one thing has been for sure, it had gotten very noisy of late and using fully synthetic does solve the problem to a large extent.

Quick question for fellow Figo owners. Where is the reservoir for the rear wash wipe for the Figo? Is it common for both front and rear? Or is there a separate one?

Quote:

Originally Posted by antz.bin (Post 4695515)
Quick question for fellow Figo owners. Where is the reservoir for the rear wash wipe for the Figo? Is it common for both front and rear? Or is there a separate one?

Its common for both.

Z

Just curious here. Any figo owners here who have upgraded the stock tyres to 15" ones? When I checked up with the showroom if they could provide me with the aspire's wheels in-house, they declined saying it would void suspension warranty!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sooshan (Post 4700648)
Just curious here. Any figo owners here who have upgraded the stock tyres to 15" ones? When I checked up with the showroom if they could provide me with the aspire's wheels in-house, they declined saying it would void suspension warranty!

Figo Blu or the older Figo S comes with 195/55 R15 by default.

Should be fine to upgrade.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ts1506 (Post 4700650)
Figo Blu or the older Figo S comes with 195/55 R15 by default.

Should be fine to upgrade.

This was exactly my question too! But they still insisted that it will mess up suspension warranty!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sooshan (Post 4700756)
This was exactly my question too! But they still insisted that it will mess up suspension warranty!!

It's your call at the end.

They are bound to tell you it will void warranty simply because your car never came with 195 sized tyres from the factory. Regardless of suspension being same on both models, they will connect issues that may crop up which is not even related to the tyres, to them. It depends on the A.S.S too. Some guys may let it go although they will mention in their records that you have upsized the tyres.

If it's a new car, I would suggest changing to a better make of tyre of the same size and when that set gets worn, up size on the next set.

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4701196)
It's your call at the end.

They are bound to tell you it will void warranty simply because your car never came with 195 sized tyres from the factory. Regardless of suspension being same on both models, they will connect issues that may crop up which is not even related to the tyres, to them. It depends on the A.S.S too. Some guys may let it go although they will mention in their records that you have upsized the tyres.

If it's a new car, I would suggest changing to a better make of tyre of the same size and when that set gets worn, up size on the next set.

Fair point that. I did my best to try convince the sales executive to give me either the aspire's 15" with the 195 section or the free style's 15" with the 185 section. While he initially seemed like he might agree, he checked with someone and said it will not be possible as it will void warranty, although he pretty much agreed that the 3 cars have almost the same suspension set up (I have my doubts if the freestyle's setup might be a little different).
So, I think what you say makes perfect sense. Thanks anyway!!

Cross posting from the EcoSport official review thread:

BHPians, what is the normal oil consumption you've noticed on your 1.5 diesels?
Please reply with current ODO reading and how much oil is consumed between oil changes and whether you top it up or not.

For example, mine is 41k kms and the oil level goes down to this point after around 6-7k kms. I topped it up last time, this time I'll just go ahead and get the oil changed.

Hi, when enquiring about colour options for the Figo petrol, the sales executive says only one colour (silver) is available. Any chance of another colour is only after January. His statement is like, since it's the year end, Ford has suspended production and there is also a high demand, and hence the lack of colour options. Now, I am wondering if it's possible that it could be a stock clearance kind of thing? Any thoughts would be welcome. Quite confused if I should go ahead with the process or wait.

P.S. I had asked for the Oxford White!